> alexwrc autoFOTO - 7th last

• Thread starter alexwrc
  • 936 comments
the first two are very impressive. the opels are very distinctive of your work, same with the RUF. the renault, i dont understand why you left it like that. was it a pmc entry? the last two are not too bad, but could be cleaner according to your standards.

Goddamn, that Opel one never fails to impress me. So well done, it's the kind of shot I wish I could pull off. I've not seen the RUF one before, and it's a very nice shot that requires people to look at it for a while to really take in all the tiny details. The 5's got a strange barcode going on in the bumper! And personally, I always liked the Spyker shot. The noise is heavy but doesn't kill the shot, and I like that you blacked out the background a bit (or does it normally look like that from that angle?).

It's good to see competition collections around here for the few of us who don't make it into all the comps. The other day I went through all 44 pages again Alex just to take it all in again. You're one of the best :cheers:

but i really don't understand how the last two are considered 'bad'. though the orange thing could use a bit more cleaning, but very minute amount. why alex ?they look good to me.

Good to see these again alex, but I'm with jgda9rs. How can you call any of your shots bad. Anything you touch turns to gold. :sly:

Love that first shot from the first set, I still remember when you entered it in the Drift comp. Same with the Yellow Bird, that has to one of my favourite drift shots. Looks so good even with little editing.

The Opel shot is amazing, you really do wonders at The Ring. I really like the Caterham and Spyker too, very unique angles and like Slip said the harsh noise works well on the Spyker shot.

Another two amazing updates even if they are old shots and you think some are them are bad. They're all good to me buddy. 👍

lol, I know these titles may be a bit dramatic. Last months I introduced the Made to win saga, so now was the time to show not so successful photos. The PMCs was quite simple, generally the rules don't allow too much things.

I want to do a remake of the R5 "Culo Gordo", just fixing some jaggies and adding the "La MAXI" title, with the pure french flavour. I really love that photo, even it didn't and won't need 2.0 rules to drop the idea I wanted.

Taking a look to the Ringers, that's another photo I specially love indeed. All hours spent in it finally worth it. I have been thinking in the Spyker also, tha backgroung was burnt and glowed, but a zoom blur may bump it into another pectacular chapter. Anyways, it was a photo to enter a crazy week and participate.

This is not dead. I've got a bunch of special shots saved for special events, and I'm sure they will give a nice shake to this in the future. It's a question of time and to feel like doing it :D

Salu2.alexwrc

Great stuff :bowdown:

I really wonder if PD fully realised the extent to which Photomode would become the major attraction of Gran Turismo for many people. This thread and the numerous examples of great artistry contained herein - not to mention the plethora of similarly brilliant and creative threads on these forums - are a resounding endorsement of PD's decision to make GT so much more than "just a racing game". Keep up the terrific work 👍

Great stuff :bowdown:

I really wonder if PD fully realised the extent to which Photomode would become the major attraction of Gran Turismo for many people. This thread and the numerous examples of great artistry contained herein - not to mention the plethora of similarly brilliant and creative threads on these forums - are a resounding endorsement of PD's decision to make GT so much more than "just a racing game". Keep up the terrific work 👍

Nailed, TM 👍
It's very telling that the internet community on the whole was skeptical of the first announcement for a "Photo Mode", and yet now it's become a fairly common aspect of racing games. Critics can say what they want about it, since it isn't enhancing the simulation/racing aspect at all, but it definitely has become a huge draw for people. And when they can create impressive works of art like Alex and many others around here, its effectively free advertising for PD!

PD seems to have got highly skilled graphic designers, virtual photographers and huge marketing campaigns for free all arround the world with us. I can be agree with the fact they made a fantastic thing for GT itself, according to the difficult competition of selling videogames right now.

The funny thing is we can't stop doing this, and we don't want to stop doing this :D

Salu2.alexwrc

lol and electronic arts tried to copy the photomode thing, but seems like they simulated a 2 mp camera phone in the process with no transfer capability. hahahaha :D dumbasses

All I say is that Alex's standard is pretty high, maybe somewhat unreachable by most of us ;) Even the worst one for himself can easily top other people's shots effortlessly, and that's all about him. Once the new generation of photomode comes, I am sure he will take the photomode to another milestone, but I will be definitely catching up to his awesomeness. :D

I have to agree the twin Opel DTMs shot is too sweet and is executed in a perfect state. Slipztrem had some great head2head shots in the past, but I guess he admires your shot very much.

:embarrassed:

2424990941_75af293360_o.jpg

ok.. it has a wing, but is it really capable of flying that high? LOL
[basically - wtf did u do?]

I was looking for a parking place, so I decided to come back :D

It's the trick of breaking walls, that allows you to drive in the same height you was out of the track. If do you drive to inside the track line, you'll fall down, it's funny :D. You must see the aereal tour of Alpha in his gallery, plenty of amazing photos.

lol that plymouth flying/being dropped from a cargo plane is just plain funny. i remember that bmw pic very well. so nice and the colors and the lights are so real. the cupra is well done too, very clean surfaces and the blur is just extraordinary. they're all good, all perfectly done. good work mate

I am flabbergasted alex! what an amazing update. The BMW is perfect. Again, love the outlined rollcage. The cupra is beautiful. Great detail to it. I love the focused "1". And the plymouth just looks like it was a blast to take advantage of breaking walls.

It sure has been awhile Alex...glad to see a new posting, and may I say that the Tommy is just :drool:. The tones are just...wow. Every line is perfect. It looks so real. I must say that the second and third however dont do much for me. You know how I am by now, I think, all about the highlights...pretty pretty lights:lol:. Which brings me to the Celica shot, again, I dig it, great car against a great contrasting background,and the road looks great under the car, nice highlights. And what about bob? Very cool and interesting shot, looks pretty real, great contrast and tones throughout his suit. Love the "sun" reflecting of the helmet...Overall alex, You never fail to impress. Thats why you are one my favorites. Plus you've taught me a thing or two. This comment has gone on for awhile now...so...👍👍👍👍 and 👍

Hmmm, I think I remember some of these shots from some competitions. ;)👍
But, they are GREAT, some of my favorites from you like the Kaira and the Celica. I also like the first Renault shot, feels very realistic and artistic because of the strong colours, (speaking of witch, I have to stop de-saturating so much my shots). The kathram(?) is also a very spectacular shot since (I think) it is not very easy to work on the details inside the car.
Not so found of the middle shot, since I don’t like the blurred car.

After all this time, what more can be said about your skills Alex:tup:
You are a GOD around here mate, and all your work show us that quite well.

:)NTX

P.S - Once again, seeing that Tommy Kaira...:drool:

Great work as always, but how can those shots be unreleased work, when I have seen those shots before.

Great work as always, but how can those shots be unreleased work, when I have seen those shots before.
Maybe he haven't put it in his gallery as of late. ;)
But wow, I'm still amazed at all your work Alex. I mean, the photo could just been scanned from a magazine of a real car magazine, its so amazing!!!! :drool: You really have to make a tutorial Alex, share us your secrets!!!!! :D

Thanks for dropping by. These photos had been used in the competitions, so many people didnt' see it yet, but as you have noticed, some of them were also part of this gallery :D

Just saw your update now - I have to say, the Tommy Kaira picture is an absolute masterpiece 👍 Well done! Plus, the presentation of your posts are really something else. Can't wait to see what you make of GT5 photomode :eek:

Back