Alfa Romeo 4C Mole Costruzione Artigianale 001

alfa-romeo-mole-costruzione-artigianale-001.jpg

AlfaRomeo-Mole-00-1.jpg

GY0ADpt.jpg

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/06/alfa-romeo-mole-costruzione-artigianale-001-one-off-coachbuilt-4c/

Last edited:
Shame it isn't in red, or dark red or a good blueish shade of purple, it would presumably look amazing in such a color.

I like a lot of the elements of the car, but I think some of the features look a bit large for the size of the car. The side treatment is a little bit odd, especially around the side windows too. I might have "side-bladed" that upper side part (behind the window) darker.

Last edited:
I generally like the shape, but it looks a little clunky and amateurish to me. There are a lot of under-resolved details like: the blank inset areas next to the headlights, the non-lit black accent around the rear lights (shouldn't these be part of the lights?), the turned up detail at the front of the doors (look how blocky they are!), how the roof appears to be sitting on top of the original roof, the nearly-2 dimensional front splitter, the intersection of the lower edge of the side windows and the rear body work, etc. It almost looks like an earlyish design study.

Aside from the nose being a little porcine when viewed from the side, it's pretty inoffensive. But it also doesn't add anything to the 4C which is already a good looking beast.

Aside from the nose being a little porcine when viewed from the side, it's pretty inoffensive. But it also doesn't add anything to the 4C which is already a good looking beast.
Pretty much how I feel. I think I even prefer the original, despite some dodgy details.

They seem to have taken a beautiful car and made 50% more ugly, the front end just doesn’t work for me.

Keeping up with the current Alfa design trend, I guess. It's not bad looking at all.

The only thing that's bothering me is that it's tiny. Just like the 4C.
The back is pure Aston Martin Zagato style. Nice.

As much as I love the Alfa Romeo 4C (and as much as I would love to see one), I'm not feeling this one-off all that much. Unless someone thinks red is too good for an Alfa Romeo, I also feel it would hit me best in Rosso Alfa. The base 4C is almost perfect in its design. There is nothing wrong with having some character. To me, this one-off Alfa Romeo has too much character to where the elegance of the original car is lost. This almost reminds me of that Aston Marin with the Zagato treatment, and that Zagato style Aston Martin was amazing. Not so much with this one-off.

"O' freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me,
As plurdled gabbleblotchits,
On a lurgid bee,
That mordiously hath blurted out,
Its earted jurtles, grumbling
Into a rancid festering confectious organ squealer."

I told myself I was saving up for a 4c
But this is hands down the most beautiful car I’ve ever seen in my life

Looking at it straight ahead, I didn't think it looked too bad, quite mean if anything. However, upon looking at it in profile...oh dear, it just falls apart. The nose, particularly the grill seems to stick out too much, making it look far too bulbous. It's at the rear end where things really fall apart though, definitely a strong whiff of Zagato V12 Vantage about it; which is one of the few Zagato creations I dislike.

Shame really, as they managed to make on off the prettiest cars on the market right now, look ugly.

Last edited:
ss3
I told myself I was saving up for a 4c
But this is hands down the most beautiful car I’ve ever seen in my life

Come on... no.... just no.... I can name a ton of more beautiful cars off the top of my head. Gen 3 RX7, Ferrari Portofino, Corvette C3, GT40, almost everything made recently by aston martin... all the recent 911s, cayman (caymen?), boxter...

For looks I'll take the S2000, the GT86, and pretty much all (recent) audis. Also the E46, tons of mercedes.

What does it look like, I can't quite place it. It's like a cross between kylo ren and the lol face.

Come on... no.... just no.... I can name a ton of more beautiful cars off the top of my head. Gen 3 RX7, Ferrari Portofino, Corvette C3, GT40, almost everything made recently by aston martin... all the recent 911s, cayman (caymen?), boxter...

For looks I'll take the S2000, the GT86, and pretty much all (recent) audis. Also the E46, tons of mercedes.

What does it look like, I can't quite place it. It's like a cross between kylo ren and the lol face.
Those are opinions I have a c3 corvette
Gt86 imo one of the ugliest cars I’ve seen,
Gt40 is my fav car of all time so yeah I agree with that and very few Ferrari’s but that’s about it. The s2000, e46, are not good imo. I do like Mercedes and Audi’s. I don’t go with bandwagons and people usually don’t like my opinions because I fall into the group that likes cars for how they are overall and not just their looks.

If @ss3 likes it he’s right to want it, sure you like something else but don’t go and say he’s not allowed to like it. :lol: Like you mentioned you like the Porsche Boxter more. I disagree but I don’t tell you you’re not right in your mind to like it.

The taste of cars is like everything else, a matter of personal taste. Like the saying goes.. the taste is like your bottom.. it’s got two halves. ;)

If @ss3 likes it he’s right to want it, sure you like something else but don’t go and say he’s not allowed to like it. :lol: Like you mentioned you like the Porsche Boxter more. I disagree but I don’t tell you you’re not right in your mind to like it.

The taste of cars is like everything else, a matter of personal taste. Like the saying goes.. the taste is like your bottom.. it’s got two halves. ;)

I don't think you're reading my post with the right tone. I was not particularly serious...

images

Edit:

He's entitled to his opinion, and I'm entitled to mine. And my opinion is that he's wrong.

I don't think you're reading my post with the right tone. I was not particularly serious...

images
Well, if what you write offends someone and makes them regret voicing their opinion because of comments like yours, then you should rethink how you write it, make it sound less attacking. Agreed?

Latest Posts

Back