Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,203 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Yuri's a but optimistic! :lol:

Naptown25rs
WTF Owens?! Why are you in Lounge B?

I say again...

:lol::lol::lol:

HILARIOUS!!
 
When do the rooms open?
 
When do the rooms open?

Watch the special event thread. As far as I know not until 1 hour before the event starts. You can always warm up in the orca lounge if you want a head start.
 
I will be in the ORCA lounge.
49s are just out of the question for me, 50.5 is the best I can do with 2 wheels on track, even then I'm still going off to much trying to get their (every other lap), I'm aiming for 51.0s as I can do that without risking looking bad.
 
Couple of us in the ORCA lounge doing some final practice for Fuji if anyone wants to join in 👍
 
Don't worry about trying to get the fastest lap of the race or anything, no points for that. If you can average in the 51's for the race we'll be in great shape. 👍

The B lounge will be open in 30 minutes.
 
I will be in the ORCA lounge.
49s are just out of the question for me, 50.5 is the best I can do with 2 wheels on track, even then I'm still going off to much trying to get their (every other lap), I'm aiming for 51.0s as I can do that without risking looking bad.

If I quali in the low 1'51 I'll be very happy. The *only* way I get a 50 is to really push the track boundaries and I'm not going to do that with only two shots at a fast lap. My actual goal is 1'51.5 on lap 1 and then low 1'51 on lap 2.

Push the tires pretty hard on the out-lap to get them warm... I may actually push that lap the hardest of the three in an attempt to get the tires up to temp as quick as possible. I think the best way to do that is to go hard into every corner (not going slow and weaving).

PS> Both teams will be observing the other qualify so keep two tires on track even if it costs you a tenth here or there. Remember rumbles *are* track, but green runoff areas and grass are not. Turn 1 and the final turn are the ones that'll be most closely scrutinized.
 
PS> Both teams will be observing the other qualify so keep two tires on track even if it costs you a tenth here or there. Remember rumbles *are* track, but green runoff areas and grass are not. Turn 1 and the final turn are the ones that'll be most closely scrutinized.
I'm not exactly sure how this would work. Someone calls your lap dirty - then what? The way GT5 works the car can be legal on my screen and be just beyond the boundary in someone else's view. So I can only suggest calling out blatant violations, otherwise it's gonna be pretty much random.
 
The GTP_3D3_B lounge is now open for pre-race practice. Qualifying will start at 2pm EST/6pm GMT with Team WRS going first and Team ORCA second.

Good luck to both teams! :cheers:
 
I'm not exactly sure how this would work. Someone calls your lap dirty - then what? The way GT5 works the car can be legal on my screen and be just beyond the boundary in someone else's view. So I can only suggest calling out blatant violations, otherwise it's gonna be pretty much random.

Laps are going to be "informally" observed... we are not asking anyone to say a lap is "clean" or "dirty"... But anything observed and completely blatant will be/should be pointed out... let's hope the fact that people are watching is enough of a deterrent and that people stay on track. I'm not going to elaborate any more on the matter and every driver is representing his series and himself so I'm sure there will be no intentional cutting or shenanigans with these groups.
 
Laps are going to be "informally" observed... we are not asking anyone to say a lap is "clean" or "dirty"... But anything observed and completely blatant will be/should be pointed out... let's hope the fact that people are watching is enough of a deterrent and that people stay on track. I'm not going to elaborate any more on the matter and every driver is representing his series and himself so I'm sure there will be no intentional cutting or shenanigans with these groups.
I'm gonna suggest that people ease off the throttle afterwards if they run wide.
 
B Lounge is green for qualifying. Good luck everyone!
 
Race one is done! Captured the win!!! Hopefully this lucky streak extends into the second race.


Go Team ORCA
 
OK, I'll go accept those now and you'll be good.



Yes. I think everyone is on the friends list already so we should be good.

One issue: yuri is not on the friends list of the B lounge. The FR was sent some time ago and he never accepted it. It's still outstanding so it's in his court. He is on the A lounge friends list and that's where is assigned in round 1, but it's possible he'll need to be on the B list for round 2.

Oh ye of little faith! I did accept it hours ago, but it didn't show up on my community list even after a restart. I knew I wouldn't need it though...ahem...:sly:
 
Congratulation on the overall Championship today Team ORCA!!!!


Thank you Brandon for having the series and taking the time getting us together for this event. We proudly Represented Team ORCA!

Thank you WRS. As well WRP for all his effort. He does great with these events.
 
Congratulations to Team ORCA on bringing home the victory! We took 3 out of 4 wins and defeated Team WRS 216-196! There was good, clean racing all around as well as good team work. I'm super proud of you guys and you should pat yourselves on the back. These guys were no joke and we managed to come out on top. A big round of :cheers: to all!!
 
Congratulations Team ORCA!
podium.gif



teamwin.gif




Big Thanks to Brandon and Tim for organizing such a great event!!
goodjob.gif


:gtpflag:
 
BrandonW77
There was good, clean racing all around

*cough*....*cough*....*ahem* :sly:

:lol:
 
Naptown25rs
*cough*....*cough*....*ahem* :sly:

:lol:

You still disappointed me? ;)
 
OwensRacing
You still disappointed me? ;)

Where did you end up in race #2?
 
Naptown25rs
*cough*....*cough*....*ahem* :sly:

:lol:

Innocent until proven guilty. I know dsg is a clean driver so I'll represent him in court if I have to. :sly:
From my point of view I saw lots of very clean racing and everybody I saw did a great job of staying on the track. 👍
 
Team Orca takes home the gold :cheers:

That was a blast, guys. Hyrdo showed some real speed in Room A 👍.
Race one went great for me. I actually qualified seventh, just to watch my teammates drop laps in the 50s 👍

Those WRS guys can drive. Just blazing talent from everyone.

In the race, I got into third based on pure luck, and had a great battle with Hydro and EDK.
Sadly, I nearly took EDK out, so we lost Hydro. EDK and I did some laps by ourselves trying to stay ahead of the massive monster of a pack behind us. Sadly, the pack caught us. CSL was clearly in a position of power and was able to break free. I managed to maintain third with Yuri pushing me across the line. Great teamwork.
Race two was not so lucky for me. I got in the pack and got to show everyone how I can't drive. I took out Sag this time. I wasn't used to the braking distance.
Just battles all through the field. Wasn't quite the massive pack in race one, but still, groups of battles all across the field.
By lap eighteen, I had successfully destroyed my front tires. This no pit stop race really made the last closing laps exciting.
Great racing, everybody. Glad all the Orca drivers brought home victories.
I think our secret weapon was three weeks of driving this car. Gave our drivers an edge in the pack.
Go Team ORCA​
 
Naptown25rs
Where did you end up in race #2?

5th at yuri's fender. I was hoping he would bump me on his sling shot move. Started 10th.
 
BrandonW77
Innocent until proven guilty. I know dsg is a clean driver so I'll represent him in court if I have to. :sly:
From my point of view I saw lots of very clean racing and everybody I saw did a great job of staying on the track. 👍

Wasn't accusing anyone... Just making sure things are nicely stirred. :lol:
 
This car breeds pack racing so there were going to be racing incidents and a few tempers... I think it went pretty well considering. There are a few incidents to review including that major crash in Round 1 Room A that took out 5 guys... But I've got family to attend to and won't be looking at it for a while (if ever). :lol:

Congratz guys... Great racing. See you on Tuesday (or Friday). Back to the season.
 
Apologies to the rest of the ORCA team for my poor showing. :ouch:

Race 1 in lounge B I qualified woefully down in 8th, but after the green flag, I was able to make my way through the field up to Sjaak and jtv to fight for 2nd. While running third though, I spun out and was overtaken by many WRS drivers. I then concentrated on bringing Lancer and NCemt back towards the front, trying to keep them in my draft. I don;t know how well this worked but we almost caught Alibubba at the very end.

Race 2 in lounge A I qualified 3rd, but carr spun me out on lap 2. From the very back, me and him worked together to work our way through the pack, and we ended up fighting for 6th at one point with Grav, Sjaak, Yuri and bdub. Near the end my tires were going off and I became very ragged, dropping down to 10th.

Good racing though. :)
 
Last edited:
SagarisGTB
Apologies to the rest of the ORCA team for my poor showing.

No apologies needed, every point counted and we had enough to win! Besides, I don't think anyone did worse than me! Lol
 
Glad to hear what I already figured...that ORCA would come out on top. Just shows how talented so many of you are...I know the GTP/WRS guys are no joke and very fast, so congrats to the whole team. Curious, who were winners?
 
Glad to hear what I already figured...that ORCA would come out on top. Just shows how talented so many of you are...I know the GTP/WRS guys are no joke and very fast, so congrats to the whole team. Curious, who were winners?
  • GTP_Hydro
  • OwensRacing
  • GTP_CSL
  • dsgerbc
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back