Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,214 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
RDAardvark
You could really freak your kids out - Plug one set of pedals into the wheel and leave the ones they are using unplugged. Then you use the pedals while your son wonders why he's missing every braking point!

Used to do something similar in offices where two computers were back to back on the desks - Swap the mouse over and watch the expressions on the faces of the operators. :lol:

I know I'm going to Hull anyway....

If you fire up a DS3 and make it Controller 1, you can mess with a person using the brake and gas. I think they have to be at zero input before the DS3 will take over. My oldest was into this trick while his youngest brother tried racing. Short lived joke. The youngest grew very impatient over it.

Also a ds3 works from another room. ;)
 
If you fire up a DS3 and make it Controller 1, you can mess with a person using the brake and gas. I think they have to be at zero input before the DS3 will take over. My oldest was into this trick while his youngest brother tried racing. Short lived joke. The youngest grew very impatient over it.

Also a ds3 works from another room. ;)

^^^^ second thing I did after playing with our second controller :trouble:
 
DS3 works at any time when you're using G27, but force feedback stops you from steering with the DS3.
 
DS3 works at any time when you're using G27, but force feedback stops you from steering with the DS3.

Same with my DFGT, I actual thought my new wheels pedals were broken when the brakes kept coming on and staying on.... turns out when I set the controller down it was leaning on L2, the button I have mapped for braking :dunce:
 
I did it when I had a DFGT and it really is nice. Still lacking compared to high end pedals but much more useable and responsive. You have to be careful to get the right kind of material. Squish balls very in size/density and if it's a little too big/stiff you won't be able to depress the pedal all the way. I recommend going to a craft store or fabric store and getting a chunk of high density foam. It's pretty cheap so make sure to get extra, you can cut it to fit but if you cut too much you want to have enough to start over. I was able to cram it all the way inside the base and it was barely even visible but worked great. A must-do mod for any DFGT driver. 👍

Thanks for the tip Brandon:tup: I may just head down to the local Lincraft.

These ideas are so much better than the people who try to "uncoil" the spring :yuck: that's just asking for it in my opinion (might have to take up owens offer after that :lol: )
 
Same with my DFGT, I actual thought my new wheels pedals were broken when the brakes kept coming on and staying on.... turns out when I set the controller down it was leaning on L2, the button I have mapped for braking :dunce:

A couple days after I got my G27, the e-brake kept coming on. I was hoping something wasn't going wrong with it already. Then I realized I was sitting on my DS3, pressing the circle button.
 
Mine was leaning on a shoulder button and kept looking backwards. Lol
 
A couple days after I got my G27, the e-brake kept coming on. I was hoping something wasn't going wrong with it already. Then I realized I was sitting on my DS3, pressing the circle button.

Mine was leaning on a shoulder button and kept looking backwards. Lol

Glad I'm not the only one... :lol:
 
Dog has gotten me before. Left it on the couch. Jump in rig, dog decides he wants to lay where i had been sitting. He'll kick it or just flat lay on it. He has to know its there. He's 45 pound and lean. So it gotta jab bones when he lays on it. LoL dork he is. Anyway, Thus why I keep the DS3 next to me these days. That and text typing. LoL
 
DS3, dogs, ... , meh.
It's easy when you can identify the problem that makes you slow and fix it. When you can see where the problem is, but can't do anything about it - a whole other story.

Case in point: I need to keep messing with stuff and if there are adjustments I haven't tried yet - I gotta try and do'em. So I did a ghetto job of inverting my pedals today, being fully aware that I'm likely killing my chances of scoring decent points this week. Now I can't even get into 2.08s in Monza...
 
Anyone interested in some Monza practice?
 
Anyone interested in some Monza practice?

Would love some, but I'm at work future boy and all the Merkins are still snoring their heads off! :lol:

Oh, if you're after some high-density foam, check and see if anyone has had a new computer. Dell and Fujitsu pack their new desktops using this foam. There's a ton of it by my desk if anyone wants some!
 
RDAardvark
Would love some, but I'm at work future boy and all the Merkins are still snoring their heads off! :lol:

Oh, if you're after some high-density foam, check and see if anyone has had a new computer. Dell and Fujitsu pack their new desktops using this foam. There's a ton of it by my desk if anyone wants some!
Lol sleepy heads.
Oh well just got disconnected from my own lobby ?!
Must keep an eye out at work for someone upgrading .....and then pounce.
 
I am, fellow futurist! I'll check out the lounge every which while.

EDIT: In now, until sufficiently bored and/or lonely.
 
Be there shortly ren
 
Have fun guys, I just got to work and I'm super jealous of you people from the future. :)
 
BrandonW77
Have fun guys, I just got to work and I'm super jealous of you people from the future. :)

Don't be Brandon,
Wife is d/ling some video off web and stole my bandwidth lol. Enjoy your day whilst I sit here and wait....and wait...lol
 
I opened up my DFGT pedals last night and opened the springs up like Owens had recommended. Really like the mod. Feels similar to the bungee cord method, but smoother and less cumbersome. Needed to readjust myself a bit, but made a difference for sure.
 
^ Was it pretty easy to do? Did it seem like there was any real risk of damaging them? Sounds like it would be a great mod, especially if you could combine it with the high density foam. 👍
 
I opened up my DFGT pedals last night and opened the springs up like Owens had recommended. Really like the mod. Feels similar to the bungee cord method, but smoother and less cumbersome. Needed to readjust myself a bit, but made a difference for sure.

Is this what you did?

Won't the spring work its way back to the original wind?
 
Also you can slip rubber vacuum line over the ends of the springs where they rest on the casing. Do this to get fine tuning or get extra tension. As well I like the idea of a cushioned area where the springs forces are applied to the case.

Hopefully that makes sense.


RDA
You actually will be bending the metal. The metals bending pressure is substantially higher then the pressure it takes to close the spring. So once you modify the metal it shouldn't go back or bend.


Also those paddle shifters for the DFGT on that video link are a slick looking mod that would be an improvement.
 
At Fuji the paddle buttons on the DFGT were next to useless on the first corner - On the time trial I was dropping to 1st but then finding I needed second before the wheel was straight again. It was nigh on impossible to change gear with the wheel turned 180+ degrees to the right.

So I'm tempted to buy these or go and make a mess of my dad's workshop making something similar.

We should really have an "off-topic" area in the ORCA social group for stuff like this. Perhaps Brandon can write up a blog on his triple screen goodness. Have another section for wheel mods/rigs. We won't then clutter up this thread and the added bonus is that the information is all in one place.
 
Last edited:
If I write up something about my triple screens we'd probably lose all but 4 of our members. :dunce:

I don't mind stuff being in this thread, people check into it daily but I'm sure most of us don't use the social group much because there isn't much going on there. It will probably be used much more when the season ends though, so if you want to start up some threads feel free.


And I'd say pull the trigger on those shift paddles, you won't regret it. The shift "buttons" on the DFGT are just too hard to access sometimes. 👍
 
That is the pedal mod that I did. I might play around with it a bit more. I like a loose top 5% of the brake to just set the car here and there. I think I may have the spring too far bent as it wants to snap back a little more than I want (not bad, but). If I push it back a tad, I might try the rubber ends to see how that goes.
 
At Fuji the paddle buttons on the DFGT were next to useless on the first corner - On the time trial I was dropping to 1st but then finding I needed second before the wheel was straight again. It was nigh on impossible to change gear with the wheel turned 180+ degrees to the right.

So I'm tempted to buy these or go and make a mess of my dad's workshop making something similar.

It's a great mod. I really can't emphasize how much better the DFGT is with the paddle shifters.
Here's my review from the sim hardware threads:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5764309#post5764309
 
More off-topic chatter (sorry RDA). I saw this 360 Spider at lunch today, don't see many of these around here. :)

imageqjfl.jpg


imagegcd.jpg
 
^Very nice but it's not raining so that hood should be down.:rolleyes:
 
It's probably less than 5C (41F) there same as here...not exactly cruising weather..:crazy:

Saw my first GT-R today...nice car 👍

Hoping to make the festivities tonight but I'll wait until the last minute to pop in to make sure all the Friday nighter's get a chance to get in first.
 
It's probably less than 5C (41F) there same as here...not exactly cruising weather..:crazy:

Saw my first GT-R today...nice car 👍


Actually it's 54ºF here today, has been like this all week which has been very nice. I think they shipped in some nice weather for the Super Bowl this weekend. 👍


I still haven't seen a GT-R in person, I doubt they even sell any around where I live. And even if they did, nobody would know what it was. Most people in these parts only drive things with bow-ties or blue ovals on the front, it's quite sad.
 
I've seen a single Aston DB9 and two 911s around where I live. That's one thing that sucks about being in the middle of nowhere.

^EDIT: Same here. There's a GT-R at a car dealer a couple of towns over.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back