Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,218 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
BrandonW77
Actually it's 54ºF here today, has been like this all week which has been very nice. I think they shipped in some nice weather for the Super Bowl this weekend. 👍

I still haven't seen a GT-R in person, I doubt they even sell any around where I live. And even if they did, nobody would know what it was. Most people in these parts only drive things with bow-ties or blue ovals on the front, it's quite sad.

I actually saw a GT-R driving down Scatterfield last summer... Had Hamilton County tags on it, but that's close enough... lol
 
I actually saw a GT-R driving down Scatterfield last summer... Had Hamilton County tags on it, but that's close enough... lol


Really?? I live on Scatterfield and work in Hamilton County! :lol: There are some really nice cars in Hamilton Cty/Noblesville, I've seen at least 4 different Bentley's in the 2 years I've worked here, tons of nice Audi's and BMW's, I think that was the third Ferrari I've seen, and lots of Porsche's, including a GT3.
 
There are some pretty nice cars in my neck of the woods as well... Couple of 911's, 355 Ferrari and a nice collection of Jags (all owned by doctors). Also a former playmate of the month lives in town and drives a older model Bentley Continental, makes for a nice package... :lol:
 
There are some serious cars in Indy too. ;)


UR Lambo
1200 RWHP Supra
800 AWHP Evo
8.90 1/4 mile S2000

Carrera GT
Ferrari's

Tons of cool and exotic autos in Indy. Remember it is the Racing capital of the world.


When Tim Durham was in town and not into law trouble. He had a Veyron, Lambo's, Ferrari's. All in a garage that's like a museum.

He actually had a huge party to celebrate his Veyron purchase. It was on display and had a large cake shaped like a Veyron. LoL. I knew a chick that got invited. She told some stories that made me wish I would of taken her up on the offer as her date. However she was lil older then I. So meh
 
OwensRacing
I knew a chick that got invited. She told some stories that made me wish I would of taken her up on the offer as her date. However she was lil older then I. So meh

Not into Cougar hunting, Owens?
 
Naptown25rs
Not into Cougar hunting, Owens?

Considering my age. A Cougar to me would be your Grandma!!!! LMAO

No honestly the way I met the girl was very very strange and Wierd.

The ex got to be a little bit of what you call "lady of the night". Well one of her sugar daddies wife contacted me. Found my number under do not answer in his contacts. She called me and told me things. Lots of things. So basically ER kinda shared this common ground and led to lots of talking on the phone. Needless to say she was a good person. I try to be. So we befriended each other. Besides the common ground we shared.

So basically I'd been dating my ex's sugars daddies ex wife. Way to much of a love triangle for me.

I had my mind set on getting custody of the boys and raising them. ;)

And now you kinda know why I have no GF. I been through enough emotional turmoil that I truly don't want the heartache again. Don't have the fight in me for that kinda thing anymore.

Drama Llama's just keep on moving. LoL

I need me a sugar momma though.
 
Sugar Daddies and Cougars, Brake Mods and Triple Screens... this thread's got it all. :lol:
 
Sugar Daddies and Cougars, Brake Mods and Triple Screens... this thread's got it all. :lol:

:lol: And if you look closely, you may find some ORCA info.
 
WRP001
Sugar Daddies and Cougars, Brake Mods and Triple Screens... this thread's got it all. :lol:

LMAO You can't buy this kinda of entertainment.
 
OwensRacing
Considering my age. A Cougar to me would be your Grandma!!!! LMAO

No honestly the way I met the girl was very very strange and Wierd.

The ex got to be a little bit of what you call "lady of the night". Well one of her sugar daddies wife contacted me. Found my number under do not answer in his contacts. She called me and told me things. Lots of things. So basically ER kinda shared this common ground and led to lots of talking on the phone. Needless to say she was a good person. I try to be. So we befriended each other. Besides the common ground we shared.

So basically I'd been dating my ex's sugars daddies ex wife. Way to much of a love triangle for me.

I had my mind set on getting custody of the boys and raising them. ;)

And now you kinda know why I have no GF. I been through enough emotional turmoil that I truly don't want the heartache again. Don't have the fight in me for that kinda thing anymore.

Drama Llama's just keep on moving. LoL

I need me a sugar momma though.

Dude... This isn't the Dr. Phil show... :lol:

Oh, and GILF's need loving too...
 
You opened the door. I just let the air out. LMAO


GILFS. Grannies yuck!!!!
 
WRP001
Sugar Daddies and Cougars, Brake Mods and Triple Screens... this thread's got it all. :lol:

:lol: I laughed real hard at that! I'm sure we're a bit abnormal compared to a lot of other groups/threads but I love it. I feel like this is kind of our private corner of GT5 where we can stay away from the public GTP threads and PSN rooms and the riff raff that populates most of them. This isn't so much a thread as it is a motorsports bar/pub with a race track out back. (<------ boy, wouldn't that be a dangerous idea IRL!)


Naptown25rs
Oh, and GILF's need loving too...


I prefer the term GMILF. I had a buddy in college who's email was ggmilf69. Lol
 
OwensRacing
You opened the door. I just let the air out. LMAO

GILFS. Grannies yuck!!!!

A simple YES or NO is all I was looking for... :lol:
 
This isn't so much a thread as it is a motorsports bar/pub with a race track out back. (<------ boy, wouldn't that be a dangerous idea IRL!)

It would make for hours of Youtube "ideas".
 
BrandonW77
I prefer the term GMILF. I had a buddy in college who's email was ggmilf69. Lol

Wow... :lol:
 
I was gonna talk about inverted pedals, but seems out of place somehow...
 
^ Hahaha! Actually I'd like to hear about them, I'm thrilled that I finally got around to doing mine and love the results. Did you have inverted before?
 
Quick Q: What's the ruling or etiquette for this?: I can't make the 10pm EST first race, but might be able to make the 2nd race. Am I free to join the room whenever I can, assuming I see enough room? Or is joining in the middle of race 1 bad form? Since I've missed rounds 2 & 3, I'm hoping to get points any way possible.
 
Last edited:
Case in point: I need to keep messing with stuff and if there are adjustments I haven't tried yet - I gotta try and do'em. So I did a ghetto job of inverting my pedals today, being fully aware that I'm likely killing my chances of scoring decent points this week. Now I can't even get into 2.08s in Monza...

I was gonna talk about inverted pedals, but seems out of place somehow...

xzibit-meme-generator-yo-dawg-we-herd-you-inverted-yo-pedals-df7eb8.jpg


Maybe you just need a less serious approach? :boggled:
 
Quick Q: What the ruling or etiquette for this?: I can't make the 10pm EST first race, but might be able to make the 2nd race. Am I free to join the room whenever I can, assuming I see enough room? Or is joining in the middle of race 1 bad form? Since I've missed rounds 2 & 3, I'm hoping to get points any way possible.

Speedy did this Tuesday and since we used reverse grid they made him ghost the car from the pole (you get pole in reverse grid if you weren't around for race 1) and effectively start last. I assume it's OK if you agree to do that since it was OK for him... up to Brandon though?

Also assuming we aren't a full 12 grid to start with.

I was already to race at 5:00 PM Pacific today when I realized the race doesn't start for 2 hours. :dunce:
 
I was actually gonna ask if inverting pedals makes anyone else feel like driving in shoes vs the usual socks...
 
On the serious side. Dan what going in with the pedals?

Maybe throw out what's kicking around in your head and we can toss ideas at you.


Guys do remember I've got a complete metal fab shop. So if you need some custom stuff. I can get you taken care of. Prices will be friendly too. If not overly large will ship.


Need a few opinions. I've got four street legal slicks for road racing. They are older and lil small for my Evo. Besides I don't want slicks. It's a street car. So anyway was thinking about taking two of these and sitting my rig on them. Side by side one tire tall. About 10" tall. My thinking is isolation with the new tactile project in the works. Tacky? Cool isolation idea?

It's my man cave room. Aka Movie Room. Back of the house. Used strictly for gaming and movies by me. So the room has car stuff and man cave things as decor. LiL touch of home here and there too. So with auto theme I was kinda thinking it might work.


dsgerbc
I was actually gonna ask if inverting pedals makes anyone else feel like driving in shoes vs the usual socks...

I use shoes myself. Some thin sole Pumas. Was after wrestling shoes when I picked these up. Another good idea is having the width of sole less then your foot. I had issues with another pair snagging the sole as it was wider. More so doing heel toe braking.
 
Last edited:
Gravitron
Quick Q: What's the ruling or etiquette for this?: I can't make the 10pm EST first race, but might be able to make the 2nd race. Am I free to join the room whenever I can, assuming I see enough room? Or is joining in the middle of race 1 bad form? Since I've missed rounds 2 & 3, I'm hoping to get points any way possible.

What WRP said. You can join in the second race if you want but it will put you on pole. Actually, I don't see much of an issue with that. Coming in with no warm up is about the same as finishing last. Lol The ghost rule is for people that voluntarily leave the room between races which would unjustly give you pole and could be abused. If you get DC'd or don't make it for the first race I think it's ok to let you start on pole. I had mentioned that in the Tuesday room but Speedy still did the ghost trick, it put him at a real disadvantage because by the time he unghosted and got going the pack was way ahead of him.

So yeah, feel free to join for the second race and you don't have to ghost if you don't want to.


dsgerbc
I was actually gonna ask if inverting pedals makes anyone else feel like driving in shoes vs the usual socks...


I've used driving shoes ever since I got the G27. Happened to have some Adidas Goodyear driving shoes with skinny soles and they work great.
 
Thanks B, but some new 🤬 has just come to light. :grumpy: Tonight is fully out, so I'll hope for tomorrow.
 
Are we still racing with mics off?
 
Yeah, until we can be sure that they won't interfere.

The Champ lounge is now open for pre-race practice. Qualifying will start at 10pm EST with 12 drivers max.
 
You're full? This isn't my primary, so I'm not worried either way.
 
Well, not a terrible night on my part. Was hoping for a little better, but knew we had all the super fast guys out too. Would have been a touch better if WRP didn't ruin my night of 7s ;). Qualified 7th, race 1 was 7th, and almost race 2 was 7th. Figured we didnt need to end up sideways across the finish line like earlier this week in our practice race ;). Pretty clean overall I think though, seemed like there was racing to be had on most spots of the track.
 
Well, we tried 13 and I had loss of grip and surging cars. I bailed on the second race after being pinballed for 2 laps so you guys could get down to 12 (wasn't a rage quit). Glad I did because I got to watch an awesome second race. The top 9 were within 8-10 seconds each other for over half the race, very exciting! It's not like I was going to improve on my 2 podiums on Tuesday anyway! :lol:


Qualifying:

imagesmh.jpg



Friday Race 1 Results:

imageqzs.jpg



Friday Race 2 Results:

imagecjh.jpg
 
Last edited:
You guys put on quite a show!!! :lol: Both on the track and here!

One of the most beautiful benefits of living in Northwest Connecticut is getting to see a regular parade of world class vintage cars, both racing and street, all summer long. They come to race or show off at our local Lime Rock track.

My brother and I had a personal tour of the car museum of a local collector. Among his collection was the oldest Bugatti in the United States. I think it was a 1938, and valued at about $1 million. That was a great day!!! :)

I've been customizing my DFP pedals with foam. I want to get a feel for different pedal assemblies before I buy my next wheel. I am leaning towards a G27, but I haven't ruled out Fanatec. I've tried a G27, and I know how easy the pedals are to mod, so that's a plus. Next I want to try some Fanatec pedals.

It will probably come down to which wheel I like, and then adjust the pedals. I'm interested in the idea of inverting the pedals. That will be the next thing I fool around with. So everybody keep posting your ideas on that! 👍

Looking forward to today's race. I need some practice, though. I got into the 2'09.xxx's on Tuesday, but I haven't been back in the car since. And this week's WRS is a Lotus, at Suzuka, in the rain! :crazy: Jumping between the two cars takes me some time!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back