Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,206 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really appreciate the offers of cars/tickets etc. and I may ask for some specifically but I've had the Johnny account for months and used it to dupe paints and horns and a few cars so it's not exactly brand new. I only plan on buying the best cars for racing in the profile and whatever I need for ORCA, VCRC and any other series. And of course I still have access to Yuri and can transfer over cars every day if need be.

One thing I could use though is a 65' Ticket, so I don't have to blow my entire bank account to get an Alfa over there. If anyone has one, I can use it for sure:tup:
 
I really appreciate the offers of cars/tickets etc. and I may ask for some specifically but I've had the Johnny account for months and used it to dupe paints and horns and a few cars so it's not exactly brand new. I only plan on buying the best cars for racing in the profile and whatever I need for ORCA, VCRC and any other series. And of course I still have access to Yuri and can transfer over cars every day if need be.

One thing I could use though is a 65' Ticket, so I don't have to blow my entire bank account to get an Alfa over there. If anyone has one, I can use it for sure:tup:

I'll send you a FR tonight and then I can send you a '65 ticket.
 
Anybody up for busting out some karts tonight and having some good old-fashioned fun? Or maybe some NASCAR at the high-banks of Daytona to get in the spirit of the season? :)
 
I'll hop on after 6 if you're doing anything.
 
Or maybe some NASCAR at the high-banks of Daytona to get in the spirit of the season? :)

Um... Don't ever say that again. :yuck:
 
And I think we should make Yuri and Carr have an all out fight to the death for outright ORCA Championship honors! :lol:
 
Um... Don't ever say that again. :yuck:


Don't take it the wrong way, they are pretty fun to race in GT5 for fun sometimes. I wasn't suggesting a NASCAR series or anything :)

I'm open to suggestions, just threw out a couple things from the top of my head (yes, they're covered in dust).
 
Don't take it the wrong way, they are pretty fun to race in GT5 for fun sometimes. I wasn't suggesting a NASCAR series or anything :)

I'm open to suggestions, just threw out a couple things from the top of my head (yes, they're covered in dust).

Just don't start speaking in Darrell Waltrip like Owens did that one time... :nervous:
 
Naptown25rs
Just don't start speaking in Darrell Waltrip like Owens did that one time... :nervous:

Hahahahaha BOOGITY BOOGITY
 
Just don't start speaking in Darrell Waltrip like Owens did that one time... :nervous:


I've been meaning to drive up there and slap him for that, looks like I now have double the reason. :scared:
 
The funniest thing ever: Darrell Waltrip commentating on a race with a standing start.
 
carracerptp
:lol:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdA3ESzRGuo">YouTube Link</a>

Part of me cried when he said that at the beginning of that race. :dunce:

EDIT: If any of you are still looking to get your Alfa action on, check out Furinkazen's World Sportscar Masters. It will have a special division just for the Alfa's.
 
Last edited:
This got me thinking. Since we can't have the V8s in the game, a Nascar road and city course series would be awesome. Maybe a one-time Spec event. Three tracks. Adding a HP limit could make them very manageable.

It's amazing how well this stock car can handle the turns. For a good example, I raced a guy in an RMZR1 and lost to a tuned stock car.
 
There is an Aussie V8 in the game, back in the GT4 days we ran it against the Camaro LM.
 
This got me thinking. Since we can't have the V8s in the game, a Nascar road and city course series would be awesome.

There is an Aussie V8 in the game.

Yep, the Ford Falcon, and it's something I've always wanted to race. There are Holden's in the game too but they're not Super Car spec. :banghead:
 
I was gonna do some other testing here and there tonight, but I could be talked into some Daytona action or possibly some karts (it always takes me quite a while to get back in the swing with them things).
 
I was gonna do some other testing here and there tonight, but I could be talked into some Daytona action or possibly some karts (it always takes me quite a while to get back in the swing with them things).

Karts was just the first thing off the top of my head, haven't run them in a while but enjoy them. And I don't think we've ever really raced any NASCAR with this group either, but I know everybody has at least 1 they could bring out for some fun racing at random tracks. Spec, no-tuning, of course. :)
 
BrandonW77
Part of me cried when he said that at the beginning of that race. :dunce:

This absolutely made the race painful to watch... SPEED should have had Leigh Diffey and/or the F1 crew calling the race.
 
This absolutely made the race painful to watch... SPEED should have had Leigh Diffey and/or the F1 crew calling the race.


I didn't mind the other guy (Mike Joy?), DeeDubaya got old after about 30 seconds. But from a marketing point of view, most of SPEED's viewers are NASCAR fans so sticking these guys in front of a series that they're trying to help grow was probably a good idea. Those viewers may have been confused about the cars turning left and right, but at least they were familiar with the voices and jargon so they stuck around and enjoyed "The Greatest Show on Wheels". I think it worked too, if I remember correctly the following V8 Supercar races on SPEED saw increased viewership which is always a good thing. 👍
 
BrandonW77
I didn't mind the other guy (Mike Joy?), DeeDubaya got old after about 30 seconds. But from a marketing point of view, most of SPEED's viewers are NASCAR fans so sticking these guys in front of a series that they're trying to help grow was probably a good idea. Those viewers may have been confused about the cars turning left and right, but at least they were familiar with the voices and jargon so they stuck around and enjoyed "The Greatest Show on Wheels". I think it worked too, if I remember correctly the following V8 Supercar races on SPEED saw increased viewership which is always a good thing. 👍

Yeah, I know it was probably best for ratings and attracting the NASCAR crowd, but still...

I can't wait for the V8's to come to Austin in 2013, I'm already planning my trip to the F1 race in November!
 
Mike Joy is a real class act and one of my favorite racing broadcasters. Doesn't hurt that he cut his teeth in New England covering modifieds.

If NASCAR is the choice for some racing tonight, might be easier just going into the recommended garage, that way there is no concern over break in.
 
Just set the limit to 502 HP, makes it like restrictor plate racing, and we can have whatever car we want.
 
Actually, some of us need to practice/break-in our '70 Celica 1600GT for the VCRC race on Sunday. How about I set it at 360pp and any car (preferably vintage) that meets it is welcome......on Comfort Mediums. :)
 
Last edited:
I'd like a three lap Rally race on Eiger please. Penalty on reduce wall slams and recommended garage rally cars. Bdub had me in a Rally lobby. Was great fun.
 
^ That sounds quite fun! Eiger Short?
 
BrandonW77
^ That sounds quite fun! Eiger Short?

The big boy! It's actually incredible scenic.

We could even dabble in the old school Rallies if you want.
 
Eep! My wheel is skeered of dirt roads. :scared:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back