Alfa Z-Cup - Johnnypenso and Carracerptp Z-Cup Co-Champions!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BrandonW77
  • 2,668 comments
  • 117,210 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the recommended garage for random pick up nights from time to time. I think a weekly theme type club/series for a while has potential to be a ton of fun and allow for a greater use of some forgotten cars in the game (especially standard cars). I would rather deal with the break-in or 1-2hp difference of some cars. Half of the fun is the personal touches of colors and wheels too, which cant really be done with a recommended car. We could even look at a monthly rotation, something like:
Week 1: a vintage car selected (or a couple competitive vintage cars to run at the same time)
Week 2: Brandon's random choice
Week 3: agreed upon race car(s), could be LMP, GT500, GT300, Cup (like Lupo, mm-R, etc.)
Week 4: 450pp SS (this would give a chance to go back to a couple of favorites that you can continue to tweak the tunes on).
Then the cycle would continue in a similar fashion. I mentioned that I think a RM Cappy week or 3 week mini series might be worth bringing back at some point. Maybe run the Alfa series 3-4 times a year, spread it out...distance makes the heart grow fonder. Could do a tour of Japan as a theme, or tour of America, tour of Europe, etc. Or maybe a tour of Poly tracks.
Thinking out loud, feel free to skip this post ;)

The beauty of a Lounge Network is that anyone can organize any type of event they want. Anyone can take the bull by the horns and create their own little thing. If it's popular people will show and it will go on and on. If not, then it won't and you have to find something else to interest the drivers. To have a variety of themes and race nights we really need to build up the number of drivers showing up on a regular basis and that takes time. My thinking is the core of 20-25 or so drivers we have here now is only enough to support a few race nights a week. 40-50 would add a few more to that as well as diversify interests. 75-100 regular participants would make this place busier than a Mexican Brothel:sly:

I happen to enjoy tuning so a PP race night would suit me fine. I'd even post tunes for my best cars, as for me the enjoyment is in close, clean racing, not in blowing people away because I happen to be a better tuner. The idea of hopping into a car and just racing also appeals to me, much moreso since the Alfa Cup. Heck just about all kinds of racing appeal to me...lol..so the more variety the better. I say we bring out the Tank Cars for a night!!!!

Update downloaded...now installing...
 
In the race or practice?

I believe I ran the 40.8 but I believe I also ran a 41.2 without the draft trying to catch back up to Carr...:)
 
I believe I ran the 40.8 but I believe I also ran a 41.2 without the draft trying to catch back up to Carr...:)

I did a 41.4 trying to get away....
 
What update are you guys talking about? I didn't do any system update and I was online.

I think I prefer the selected car(s) each week method, with weekly themes, over everyone creating their own random events at random times. At least for the beginning anyway, maybe we could grow to that. But we need at least some kind of structure and format to drive us. I was thinking along the lines of TrackB,
1st week - Vintage Cars
2nd week - Street Cars
3rd week - Race Cars
4th week - Any of the cars from the previous 3 weeks (so if we really like one we can race it again) and we could toss karts in that mix too. We would pick one or two cars that fit each weeks theme and that's all we'd race that week. Anybody could open the lounge whenever they wanted and if someone joined they'd know what was being raced. But we could also have regular scheduled times like we do now that we know for sure races will be going on, either on a planned track or room vote. We could layout the whole month's schedule one week before it starts.

Or something like that.
 
1d25ec0b.jpg



Tonights results.



What was everyone's favorite track?

Monza was a blast. Seemed everyone had a feel for it too.

Love Monaco with this car. Very hard choice for me. Spa producing EPIC battles. But it also leaving few alone.

Love to get 16 of us in on a 2hr Enduro as goodbye to the Alfa's.
 
Last edited:
I have a problem, The race starts at 3PM and FMSC is at 4PM, can this race be run earlier? like 2 or 2:30 EST?
 
Wow!!! What a great way to finish off the season! Battled with Owens and Saga most of the race, probably my best drive of the season despite finishing where I did... I outbraked myself on the last turn, last lap and let dsg sneak by at the line.

I'm gonna sit out tomorrow since I've ran 3 times already this week, and take part in Punch's Mini Endurance race.

Good luck to everyone running tomorrow, can't wait to see how the title finally shakes out!
 
carracerptp
I have a problem, The race starts at 3PM and FMSC is at 4PM, can this race be run earlier? like 2 or 2:30 EST?

Same here. I would have raced tonight but I couldn't make it. If the race is shifted back half an hour I'll be able to squeeze it in before FMSC as well. Of course only if everyone else is okay with it.
 
Could someone post the results of the earlier race please?
Who was on pole for the later race?
 
RDAardvark
Could someone post the results of the earlier race please?

While not having a screenshot, I just list the race-result:
1. Carracerptp
2. Yuritardid (pole)
3. OwensRacing
4. NCemtB
5. MikaelK
6. Sagarismic
 
Dsg was on pole for the night race.

I think it's kind of too short notice to move the start time up for today's race, but if nobody has any objections I suppose it would be ok.
 
Dsg was on pole for the night race.

I think it's kind of too short notice to move the start time up for today's race, but if nobody has any objections I suppose it would be ok.

That would be a huge help. I'm not sure how I could make it otherwise.
 
I am curious what update is needed as well. I signed into my 4 accounts last night real quick for a couple of things and had no mention of an update. I did have to manually sign into 2 or 3 of them for some reason though.

Favorite tracks? Sarthe was pretty sweet, especially with the time change. Monza produced some of the best racing I think. Monaco of all tracks, (reverse grid ;) ) was my favorite just because of my finish.

Brandon, I like your idea of the 4th week being sort of the choice of the month based on the previous 3 weeks. Gives everyone a chance at going back to a car that created some great times and epic races. I think our 3 or so scheduled race events/times has worked for nearly a year now and would probably still work for this. I managed to find a handful of guys to race quite a bit on off nights for practice too. (The Karts could be considered a race car for that week 3).
 
RDAardvark
Could someone post the results of the earlier race please?
Who was on pole for the later race?

Nevermind...
 
TrackBound7
I am curious what update is needed as well. I signed into my 4 accounts last night real quick for a couple of things and had no mention of an update. I did have to manually sign into 2 or 3 of them for some reason though.

It's PS3 firmware update 4.11

I had to go in and manually do it, even though I have automatic update turned on...
 
I want to go out of my way to point out an act of true sportsmanship in last night's race, something that tells you what ORCA and this group is all about. I took a small lead into the pits, came out and Carr was right behind me. We were nose to tail of course the rest of the way. Passed and re-passed a couple of times and Carr kind of bobbled his draft attempt heading into the final chicane so instead of building up some speed and shooting by, we ended up side by side entering the chicane, with me on the inside. No contact I recall in the first half of the chicane, but in the second half Carr swung wide, clipped me and pushed me over the curb and onto the grass. I was done like dinner at that point, until I looked over and saw Carr slowing down to let me by.

Some guys would have just gone on to victory and let the Marshal's sort it out but Carr decided to settle it on the track where it should be settled. Had this been a couple of guys just fighting it out for position it would still be extraordinary and exemplary, but given our respective positions in the championship, it is a fantastic example of the true spirit of this group.

My hat is off to you Carr, that was brilliant 👍 👍

Sorry I missed the post asking me to post the results earlier. I can still do it if it's necessary but it looks like it's taken care of. Also, I don't think I can make an earlier race today. I actually scheduled some work for just after lunch today earlier in the week, just so I could make the race. I might be able to move it up and I'll try. I have to head out now, so if you don't see anything posted within an hour or so about me being able to shuffle my schedule, assume I can't make the 2 pm start if it comes to that.

If I am able to reschedule and make the earlier race, I'll post it here.
 
Also, I don't think I can make an earlier race today. I actually scheduled some work for just after lunch today earlier in the week, just so I could make the race. I might be able to move it up and I'll try. I have to head out now, so if you don't see anything posted within an hour or so about me being able to shuffle my schedule, assume I can't make the 2 pm start if it comes to that.

If I am able to reschedule and make the earlier race, I'll post it here.

I think 2:30 is as close as I can go and still make both races :nervous: .
 
^Even if it's not moved - show up and win the quali, and you're set ;)
 
^Even if it's not moved - show up and win the quali, and you're set ;)

I think even then if Yuri wins he wins the championship.
Can we try for 2:30 and if people can't make it that early we can stick with 3:00 and I will just hope someone can give Yuri a run for the championship.
 
I think even then if Yuri wins he wins the championship.
Can we try for 2:30 and if people can't make it that early we can stick with 3:00 and I will just hope someone can give Yuri a run for the championship.
If you get the pole and yuri wins - it'll be to # of second places, which you have more.
 
If you get the pole and yuri wins - it'll be to # of second places, which you have more.
So, if I get the pole (not possible with you or wii present in the room) and quit right at the start of the race it still counts?
 
I'm not the director/steward, but I'd imagine it does, since Marcus has one point for his pole for week two. As of yet I'm not sure I'm coming and if the race isn't moved I don't see Wii running the quali just to screw with you ;)
 
carracerptp
So, if I get the pole (not possible with you or wii present in the room) and quit right at the start of the race it still counts?

No, you have to complete the race. The only way you can improve right now is if you take the pole and win the race.

If we move the race earlier it gives you a chance to win, if we start at the regular time it gives Yuri a chance to win, this is a sticky situation. I don't want to play favorites to either, we'll split the difference and start at 2:30 and I will shorten qualifying to 10 minutes.
 
No, you have to complete the race. The only way you can improve right now is if you take the pole and win the race.

If we move the race earlier it gives you a chance to win, if we start at the regular time it gives Yuri a chance to win, this is a sticky situation. I don't want to play favorites to either, we'll split the difference and start at 2:30 and I will shorten qualifying to 10 minutes.

Thanks so much, 2:30 EST just works.
 
I think I'm going to stay out of todays race so I don't wreck Car's chances. It doesn't matter much to me anyways, because even if I did win the best I could do is take 4th overall which I really don't care for, plus I would be cutting it close to FMSC's 4pm start.
 
I can't make the earlier time, so I'll wish you all the best of luck.

Hope to see you all on the track again next week somewhere!
 
The champ lounge is open. Qualifying will start at 2:45pm EST to give Yuri the best chance possible to make it. If he doesn't make it then Carr will most likely take the championship unless some good competition shows up. I know I don't have a chance of stopping him! :nervous:
 
So.. I would think Yuri wins the championship?
Great racing guys - had fun all season. First time I've ever been close to a championship. Glad I got to share the track with you all. Great racing every week.
 
I had to leave for work but I couldn't leave without checking the replay before I left. I did go outside the track to pass DSG into the final corner. In the heat of the moment I was in the zone and focused on not losing control and swung to the right too far, and on the replay it's pretty obvious.:grumpy:

So I'll call that penalty on myself:nervous: and you can put me down to second in that race...or worse if there's a time penalty or something.:ouch:

Although the pole time was well within reach, I only had one lap to qualify and missed it by a couple of tenths on my semi-warm tires. So no win and no pole for me :grumpy:

I have no idea where that leaves us in the race for the title:dunce:. I have only had a few minutes here or there to check up on the thread and I saw conflicting posts about ties and who was ahead and whatnot. Have to head back out now so I'll check again later to see how it sorts out.

I assume Brandon will add it all up and let us know:tup:

Either way, it was a great season:tup:👍. I am very happy with how close the racing was and being able to compete for the title regardless of the outcome. It's a great group of guys to race with, great attitudes all around, I'm happy I decided to hang my hat here in ORCA to race and compete with such a great group of highly competitive guys who also happen to be honest and honourable to a fault. 👍

Looking forward to whatever the next stage in the evolution of ORCA brings!! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back