An interesting idea for Gran Turismo 5

Maybe. I don't mind the idea.

So for example if you wanted to check the car manufacturers and you clicked on Japan it would then bring up all the Japanese brands. Then if you clicked on Toyota it would bring up a menu saying something like: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s and '00s. Then if you clicked on one of those it would bring up all the cars.

Not a bad idea. There are other ways to sort the cars though.

sounds quite useless since most of us know what car they wanna buy... well, i dont mind if its just an option. never gonna use it if they include it :P

Freddy
Maybe. I don't mind the idea.

So for example if you wanted to check the car manufacturers and you clicked on Japan it would then bring up all the Japanese brands. Then if you clicked on Toyota it would bring up a menu saying something like: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s and '00s. Then if you clicked on one of those it would bring up all the cars.

Not a bad idea. There are other ways to sort the cars though.
well. this could just be used in Used cars... and if they put used cars in the makes like in the first games (as i hope they do) it would work... like when you go to Toyota it will desplay NEW or USED and if you press USED it will ask what decade you want the car from and then the list shows up woth cars from that decade :)

If it was an option, say you could filter thecars by decade ect, but I like to just browse through everything available from time to time regardless of age. I'm all up for filters to help narrow down your car choice like when your after a car for a cartain event you can look for cars under 1000kg's or 1980's cars only ect, but not instead of being able to see everything.

I was thinking it might be cool to have dealerships, rather than just a long list of used cars, and different dealers would have different quality cars. Better cars with lower miles performing better, that sort of thing, so you could hit the A-List dealer for the best selection of used cars.

Meh, maybe not. I think listing them under the manufacturer would be cool, or a HUGE list of used cars - make it BIG please - and a sort option would be swell.

But one other thing I had thought of was being able to buy pre-modded used cars, with some upgrades already installed, more expensive than a stock used car, but cheaper than if you bought the mods yourself. How about that? And also, be sure and stick specials in many different spots, cars you can't buy except in rare instances.

Oh... and for those who insist on a ricemobile, this should make them happy. Used cars that are riced up: awful, garish paint jobs, body kits, mods, whatever. What the heck, you see these in real life, and this would make the yahoos into Need For Speed: Blingmobile happy. :D

I want a option fron gt2 back in gt5.. when u tuned your car high enough u could turn it in to a race car (i.e he dodge viper turned out great as a race car.. and the MB 420 too

so give me that option in gt5 turn stock cars into race cars on your own

Many, MANY of us are begging for the return of race car conversion in Gran Turismo 5. I was thinking perhaps this would be optional, but when you put in every race level mod, give it race tires, and do a stage three weight reduction, it's obvious you're meaning to create a race car.

What I want to see along with this is an increase of racing paint job options. In GT2 you often had at least two color schemes to choose from when creating your racer. The PS3 should afford all sorts of optional paint schemes. And in Career Mode, I want these paint jobs to be completely unique, not giving you an existing scheme for an established named racer like Michael Andretti. This should be MY car, not someone else's, with a number unique for me, and clean of sponsor decals until I earn those sponsorships.

yeah make som sponsors..

comp to get mayby castrol sponsor if u race a road car.. and maby get spons by i.e. blitz if u like to drift.. and please make som skylines without the wing :D

Back