Another Final Fantasy movie

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tom M
  • 82 comments
  • 3,219 views
I found the plot to be weak. The action sequences were amazing, but after watching it, I felt that I learned nothing new about any of the characters in the movie... The action sequences were also weak simply because of the flickering and flashing. I like to see choreographed sword fights, not constantly changing camera angles and flashing lights which make it impossible to make out just what's going on.

It was an alright movie, but an overall disappointment for FF fans IMO
 
emad
The action sequences were amazing...

emad - 10s after the first quote.
The action sequences were also weak...

ha ha ha ha lol what the hell was that. :D can't you make up your mind? :odd:

im going to watch again on the tv tonight as ive just burnt it to DVD so i will give a full opinion later. but watching on the PC it was a good film i loved it. but of course thats only my opinion ;)
 
emad
I found the plot to be weak. The action sequences were amazing, but after watching it, I felt that I learned nothing new about any of the characters in the movie... The action sequences were also weak simply because of the flickering and flashing. I like to see choreographed sword fights, not constantly changing camera angles and flashing lights which make it impossible to make out just what's going on.

It was an alright movie, but an overall disappointment for FF fans IMO

Why are you going on about the plot? It's effing FF7, you shouldn't expect a coherent plot.

Well I enjoyed it more than anything else i've seen in a while.
 
I thought it was a great movie. I loved FFVII and i love this one. Here are some screencaps from the movie for those that are interested:

wmplayer20050914185603131ow.jpg

wmplayer20050914185608230nx.jpg

wmplayer20050914185825229wt.jpg

wmplayer20050914190219810in.jpg

wmplayer20050914190135016js.jpg

wmplayer20050914190139267ks.jpg

wmplayer20050914185910099bg.jpg

wmplayer20050914185932633jz.jpg

wmplayer20050914185751834du.jpg

wmplayer20050914185756065jf.jpg

wmplayer20050914185808369ry.jpg

wmplayer20050914190537510xf.jpg

wmplayer20050914190544780rq.jpg

wmplayer20050914190325991ni.jpg

wmplayer20050914190323384vv.jpg

wmplayer20050914190336986ga.jpg

wmplayer20050914190051335xn.jpg

wmplayer20050914190119205ct.jpg

wmplayer20050914190716455py.jpg

wmplayer20050914190736607ml.jpg

wmplayer20050914190721099mu.jpg

wmplayer20050914190819567hg.jpg

wmplayer20050914190812813bu.jpg

wmplayer20050914190816691oe.jpg

wmplayer20050914190928892hc.jpg

wmplayer20050914190937118re.jpg

wmplayer20050914190938610ia.jpg

wmplayer20050914190957594nv.jpg

wmplayer20050914190508738bx.jpg

wmplayer20050914191520126ru.jpg


That's about enough.
 
Tihis film is awsome, if ya love the game then ya should love this, but for all those who are hardcore FF fans, who is the guy at the end when Aeris walk through the door into the light? I didnt recognise him at all, could be just me ot paying atention. also why the hell did Red XIII have a camp voice actor, lol i was expecting some deep husky voice and some over camp guy pipes up. :D ahh well other than that yeh its great.
 
sprite
Tihis film is awsome, if ya love the game then ya should love this, but for all those who are hardcore FF fans, who is the guy at the end when Aeris walk through the door into the light? I didnt recognise him at all, could be just me ot paying atention. also why the hell did Red XIII have a camp voice actor, lol i was expecting some deep husky voice and some over camp guy pipes up. :D ahh well other than that yeh its great.
The guy at the end was Zack.

And is this camp voice that high pitched voice? If it is, that was the voice of Cait-Sith.
 
Layzie
The guy at the end was Zack.

And is this camp voice that high pitched voice? If it is, that was the voice of Cait-Sith.

I wonder what happened to Cait Sith's massive thing that he used to ride on. It was pretty funny seeing him ontop of Red XIII's head. Although Red only spoke like twice in the whole thing.

the Turks were the best though, managing to be so badass and comedy relief at the same time.
 
Race Idiot
I wonder what happened to Cait Sith's massive thing that he used to ride on. It was pretty funny seeing him ontop of Red XIII's head. Although Red only spoke like twice in the whole thing.

the Turks were the best though, managing to be so badass and comedy relief at the same time.
Maybe no one liked that fat thing, or dice throwing isn't as cool as the other weapons during the battle with Bahamut. And I did enjoy the Turks, but I wished they showed more Elena :p

Surprisingly I've never played Final Fantasy 7 yet (even though I've own the game for 4 months). :indiff:
 
SO how did you guys get your copies? I have yet to see a release date that doesn't change two days before it's due. At least here in the US.
 
Well, I'm guessing people got'em using a peer program or BT. Or maybe they just imported a japanese copy.
 
I just had the great pleasure of watching this movie myself and can honestly say it was more incredible than I could have imagined.
I was disappointed when it didn't get released on UMD on Tuesday and went online and grabbed a copy that was in Japanese with subtitles until Square-Enix releases it on some medium or another. (done by someone titling themself as Jasconius who provided a fantastic translation true to the source.)
It begins exactly as it should with a short message From Square-Enix that said: "Gather again and devote your time... To those that loved this world once before and spent time with it's friends."
Anyone can sit and enjoy the movie as it if spectacular to watch, but only those fans of FF7 will truly get everything this movie has to offer emotionally. Basically this movie was designed as a fan service that could be enjoyed by all, but treasured by a select few.
From the characters to the locales that scream with familiarity it assaults your senses and allows us all to walk away satisfied in that the world we love has finally been put right.
I could go on forever, but that would force me to drop some serious spoilers on what you are going to see.

Now all we have to wonder about is whether or not Square-Enix is going to do an actual remake of FF7 on the PS3 after the amazing looking tech demo they recently showed. I had held off buying a PS1 for quite a while when it came out but when I did get one it came home with a memory card and a copy of FF7. If the PS3 gets a remake I may have history repeat itself.
 
No they won't re-make FF7, thats been confirmed. They might make a PS3 FF game with thoes characters.

I enjoyed the film but thought it could be better. I thought some of the action scenes could have been cut down and the plot had been explained a bit deeper. I wasn't expecting too much plot wise since it's a FF game shoved into less than 2 hours. The animation was some of the best I've seen, there were appearences from loads of characters from FF7, many Ithought were dead. But then you never actually saw them die in FF7. I wasn't keen on the way they did Red XIII,they tried to ake him sound comical but failed, they should have gone for menacing. I suppose I might get more from the story when I watch it in English, Japanese isn't my strong point (I know how to say yes, and to ask for alcohol, I'm working on hello love, you look sexy) and I didn't catch every subtitile. Well worth a watch overall for FF7 fans, not too sure for thoes that arn't. I'm holding back from talking about the story late on since theres a fewhere who won't have seen this yet so thats why I've not said too much that I liked other than the animation.
 
live4speed
No they won't re-make FF7, thats been confirmed. They might make a PS3 FF game with thoes characters.
I believe they also said that they would never make a FF7 movie.

A few years ago a group of guys from S-E made a little clip of a "FF7 movie" for the heck of it. They really didn't want to make a whole movie, but since they touched the subject I guess they were pressured to.

And since S-E made that Tech Demo... maybe it'll repeat the same steps of FF7:AC :scared:
 
Did they? I never knew that, I doubt they'll do FF7 again, but it would be cool if they did. I'd buy it anyway.
 
And is this camp voice that high pitched voice? If it is, that was the voice of Cait-Sith.

no at the end when Red says something, he just sounds wrong to have a camp voice and not a regal or husky deep voice. as for FF7 as a game, they should do a follow up to the film based on the charaters but not a complete remake, but i guess if the money is tepting enough they would do it.
 
I agree with Red XIII, he sould have been portrayed as a more menacing character. He didn't come across that way in the game, he should have been kept like people assumed he was. Maybe in the English language version they might give him a more masculine voice.
 
sprite
no at the end when Red says something, he just sounds wrong to have a camp voice and not a regal or husky deep voice. as for FF7 as a game, they should do a follow up to the film based on the charaters but not a complete remake, but i guess if the money is tepting enough they would do it.
After watching the movie once again, I'm with you about RedXIII's voice. Square-Enix did an awesome job on finding voices that fit every other character, except for Red XIII; it just sounded so out of placed.

At least you weren't one of the many that thought Cait's voice was Red's :p
 
GTChamp, are those from Advent Children?
 
Yes. Duh.

I thought the movie was just alright. It was definitely nothing spectacular. Square-Enix can't even animate a damn motorcycle correctly. It looked SO fake going over bumps and crap.

I found the movie pretty lifeless and unexplained. It was definitely lackluster, as far as the plot is concerned. They could've done a much better job with it. People without any knowledge of FF7 (I haven't played the game, though), would be utterly lost in this movie.

Tifa was cool, though. AVALANCHE, too.
 
I'm getting so frutrated about finding a US release date. I've gone to four different sites and they say four different things (Bestbuy, EB games, Gamestop, and Circuit City). I don't want to get a bootleg but I'm tempted to import it for now.

Red XIII was my second favorite character and I'm afraid now to hear his voice in AC. He was comic relief in the game, too, but it was because he was the wisest of the group. It just seemed a bit misplaced with him. lol I still think it would suck if he had the voice everyone says he does in the US version.
 
I've still got hope for a remake since money talks more than anything these days.
As for Red XIII, the actor that played his voice is a famous Japanese stage actor that probably thrilled the hell out of Japanese audiences in much the same way that it would have if we got the english version and he were to pipe in with the voicing of say... James Earl Jones or whatnot.
 
Back