Any news on Gran Turismo 8?

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 174 comments
GT7’s car list is embarrassing compared to FM23. Most of the good cars are in both games and so many of GT’s are fictitious like nearly every Gr. 4 car, Gr. B car, many Gr. 3 cars, and the most useless; the Gr.3 road cars which are mainly just heavier versions of existing cars. It’s not realistic how FM handles electric cars but at least they’re not completely useless in the game!

On the other hand Forza throws GT4 cars, V8 Supercars, Trackday specials (escenza…), GT2 cars in one category together with GT3 cars and GTE cars making it atrocious…. I prefer group 1,2,3,4 way than what Forza did.

On the other hand Forza throws GT4 cars, V8 Supercars, Trackday specials (escenza…), GT2 cars in one category together with GT3 cars and GTE cars making it atrocious…. I prefer group 1,2,3,4 way than what Forza did.

100% agree, and lets not forget how much more effort pd puts in the car models as well,

Is PS5 Pro anything more than rumors at this point?
Considering 3rd party devs reportedly have dev kits, we're just waiting for full specs to leak at this point.

The reveal/release is expected around Sep/Oct.

Tom Henderson is the definitive source for PlayStation hardware news.

Last edited:
There is actully gr1 and gr2 events, if you look enough, yes the single player is bad and never sugest otherwise, but thats the state of any racing game by modern standards, witch is a shame, and i can agree gt4 is the best in the series, but outside of single player and the progression gt7 is better in every way campared to past titles, and thats why its my favorite since gt4,

Nobody is forcing you to buy gt8 when it releases, if you dont want to buy it dont,
If pd was lazy they would not put all this time recreate the car models,
and scanning the cars them self, its just seems like that pd care very little about single player,
It would not take much effort for pd to make gt7 the best gt game of all time, but they have decided to not make use of that huge pontential
1. I never said there's no GR2 events. I said there's just a handful. I think there's just 4-5 GR2 events.
2. I'm not disputing this. I have my own opinion, and you have yours. Mine remain that GT7, is by far the worst.
3. I never said i was forced to buy GT8 when it comes out. I'm stating, by my own accord, i won't be conned into buying GT8.
4. You need to scan cars for a car game. That is given. If you read my statements properly, you would realize that the main problem i pointed in GT7 is, massive lack of content.

That is all.

1. I never said there's no GR2 events. I said there's just a handful. I think there's just 4-5 GR2 events.
2. I'm not disputing this. I have my own opinion, and you have yours. Mine remain that GT7, is by far the worst.
3. I never said i was forced to buy GT8 when it comes out. I'm stating, by my own accord, i won't be conned into buying GT8.
4. You need to scan cars for a car game. That is given. If you read my statements properly, you would realize that the main problem i pointed in GT7 is, massive lack of content.

That is all.
Fair point but this is not complaint thread not every thread needs to turn into a complaint thread, and as for scanning cars pd is only one doing them for them self everyone else is pretty much outsourcing it, and fully scanned cars are not always given, forza use car models thats inaccurate witch means scanned cars are not always given

Fair point but this is not complaint thread not every thread needs to turn into a complaint thread, and as for scanning cars pd is only one doing them for them self everyone else is pretty much outsourcing it, and fully scanned cars are not always given, forza use car models thats inaccurate witch means scanned cars are not always given
It's not a complaint, but rather a constructive feedback which I hope PD will pay attention to.

And no point comparing Forza. I don't play Forza, therefore it's irrelevant here. The focus is GT7/8, and how to ensure both sides are happy.

April 2025 is earliest it can be as Sony announced today they do not plan to release any new major existing franchise titles next fiscal year. Hopefully can get a teaser trailer annoucement before then by Sony doing a PlayStation Showcase to show off upcoming games for the PS5 Pro (Or whatever it will be called).

Considering 3rd party devs reportedly have dev kits, we're just waiting for full specs to leak at this point.

The reveal/release is expected around Sep/Oct.

Tom Henderson is the definitive source for PlayStation hardware news.

Considering 3rd party devs are rumoured to have dev kits, it's very much nothing more then rumour at the point. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it just means there's no evidence beyond rumour and speculation yet.

Until someone actually comes out and says that they have one, which they won't, because of NDA's, we won't get more than the odd wink wink and speculation, which is far from actual confirmation.

Last edited:
It is way too early at this point to speak about GT8.
Maybe in 2 years we can talk about this topic.

In 2 years its already revealed and we proably even have a release date, gt8 will proably be revealed next year within june-july

No thanks, lots of improvements could be made to GT7 easily. Sadly the game has some features missing that would have rounded out the game well. If I were them, I wouldn’t even think about releasing GT8 until a couple years after AC2 comes out and GTRevival.

When GT6 came out, I think it was like a year or two after Project Cars hit the scene. I pretty much dropped GT6 right in the middle of it and never looked back.

I was probably in a bad mood having to re-earn cars I already spent so much time getting in GT5, and GT6 wasn’t much different.

I like to race not grind lap after lap for cars. Now that I’ve finally got most of the cars I want and $20,000,000 credits, the last thing I want to do right now is buy GT8 and start all over again. It is not a fun process. So if AC2 and GTRevival come out this year or next, it’ll be at least two years before people will even be thinking about wanting another racing simulator.

Honestly I prefer another racing game not from PD, well thought, well finished, where for example the graphics of the tyres correspond to the tyres that you are changing into when in the pit (solved in 1 hour, it's a bloody "IF"), where in VR you get the same information as non-VR players, where you can see if a lobby is in a race and in which lap (solved in hours / days). FFS.

Honestly I prefer another racing game not from PD, well thought, well finished, where for example the graphics of the tyres correspond to the tyres that you are changing into when in the pit (solved in 1 hour, it's a bloody "IF"), where in VR you get the same information as non-VR players, where you can see if a lobby is in a race and in which lap (solved in hours / days). FFS.
I genuinely do not understand how they didn’t resolve the psvr 2 issues with the screen infos

No thanks, lots of improvements could be made to GT7 easily. Sadly the game has some features missing that would have rounded out the game well. If I were them, I wouldn’t even think about releasing GT8 until a couple years after AC2 comes out and GTRevival.

When GT6 came out, I think it was like a year or two after Project Cars hit the scene. I pretty much dropped GT6 right in the middle of it and never looked back.

I was probably in a bad mood having to re-earn cars I already spent so much time getting in GT5, and GT6 wasn’t much different.

I like to race not grind lap after lap for cars. Now that I’ve finally got most of the cars I want and $20,000,000 credits, the last thing I want to do right now is buy GT8 and start all over again. It is not a fun process. So if AC2 and GTRevival come out this year or next, it’ll be at least two years before people will even be thinking about wanting another racing simulator.
It dosent sounds like gt is for you then, what you dont like is what i like with every new gt title to start over from scratch,

I have played project cars but i would not set it as simular to gt6 they have a very different approach i didint play it for long because i got bored of it went back to mix of gt6 and fm6,

AC2 and GTRevival is not rival racing games to gt8 so i dont think pd is even worried about them and gt8 is not coming any time soon it might be revealed next year but i domt see it releasing before 2026

Last edited:
It dosent sounds like gt is for you then, what you dont like is what i like with every new gt title to start over from scratch,

I have played project cars but i would not set it as simular to gt6 they have a very different approach i didint play it for long because i got bored of it went back to mix of gt6 and fm6,

AC2 and GTRevival is not rival racing games to gt8 so i dont think pd is even worried about them and gt8 is not coming any time soon it might be revealed next year but i domt see it releasing before 2026
I like Gran Turismo, I don’t like the grinding for cars in the way they have it setup. I like driving the cars. Just don’t enjoy earning them in the way they have us do it. The game is for me, now that I’ve put in two years to get most of the cars.

If you like earning the cars, why wait until GT8 comes out? Delete your save data and start all over again if that part of the game is so much fun.

Sounds like you’re talking about “the game” as in licenses and missions and music rally etc etc. I am referring to what I buy any racing game for. The racing, driving the cars, against other people. So any game with decent simulation is a game for me. Maybe I’d feel different if the single player of GT7 was better. They need to look at their AI as well as how it feels to progress from the start. Don’t mind earning cars if the process is done right… and doesn’t take two years. Unless all you do is single player.

I’ve mostly raced multiplayer after completing all the races. The payout is next to nothing, so that’s part of the issue. The weekly’s have been helping with that. I think they bring those in later on knowing new players are basically trying to catch up to two years of everyone else’s progress. If they had the weekly’s from day one and time trials and a little better payouts for all races and multiplayer I know I’d feel differently about it all.

Last edited:
I like Gran Turismo, I don’t like the grinding for cars in the way they have it setup. I like driving the cars. Just don’t enjoy earning them in the way they have us do it. The game is for me, now that I’ve put in two years to get most of the cars.

If you like earning the cars, why wait until GT8 comes out? Delete your save data and start all over again if that part of the game is so much fun.

Sounds like you’re talking about “the game” as in licenses and missions and music rally etc etc. I am referring to what I buy any racing game for. The racing, driving the cars, against other people. So any game with decent simulation is a game for me. Maybe I’d feel different if the single player of GT7 was better. They need to look at their AI as well as how it feels to progress from the start. Don’t mind earning cars if the process is done right… and doesn’t take two years. Unless all you do is single player.

I’ve mostly raced multiplayer after completing all the races. The payout is next to nothing, so that’s part of the issue. The weekly’s have been helping with that. I think they bring those in later on knowing new players are basically trying to catch up to two years of everyone else’s progress. If they had the weekly’s from day one and time trials and a little better payouts for all races and multiplayer I know I’d feel differently about it all.
I dont want to start over in gt7 because i already know what it has to offer, but i Will be intrested to do it in gt8 if we have full sophy integrated into gt league career With both normal races championchips and endurance races,

And i hope we really start with a slow car and start building your way up as you progress simular to gt4 because thats the best career mode of all time

I dont want to start over in gt7 because i already know what it has to offer, but i Will be intrested to do it in gt8 if we have full sophy integrated into gt league career With both normal races championchips and endurance races,

And i hope we really start with a slow car and start building your way up as you progress simular to gt4 because thats the best career mode of all time
Fair enough, I guess basing my opinion off my experience going from GT5 to GT6… really? It’s almost an identical game, I have to earn everything again?! There were no surprises. I didn’t feel any different with GT7. My thought was surely it’s not going to be the same idea. Nope it pretty much is.

I mean it can be difficult to create a fun career or campaign mode in a racing game. My memory is foggy but I faintly remember GT Legends being quite a bit of fun. You had to work your way up through the classes. As you did that, you unlocked cars. For me though, all racing games tend to fall back on the online lobbies because at the end of the day, we’re racing. We bought it to drive cars.

I think GT7 is great, I guess it’s just wishful thinking GT8 will be something completely different not a rehash of pretty much all of the previous games. At least they got the sounds down pretty good and the handling.

I’d be surprised if GT8 didn’t release in 2025 as a PS5 only title.
Very low chances... It is extremely unlikely that we'll see GT8 on PS5 that early... The development started in late 22'/early 23' thus making it very unlikely to come out that early. Tbh, I highly doubt such. It will come out in 2026 at the earliest, probably even in 2027 and delayed for 2028 as a cross gen game.

Back