Anyone Gold the seasonal events Sti10?

• Thread starter yukes
  • 281 comments
Definitely one of the harder challenges, I'm gonna try and re-run mine again tonight and see if I can improve...
Oh, and I used RKM's tune...

Here's my 'Road to Victory'

lagunasequence.jpg

Greycap
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10

394 bhp, 53 kgfm, 1250 kg, PP 518

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Sports ECU
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
6 Speed Close-Ratio Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Hard Tyres

Weight Adjustment Ballast
Ballast Amount (kg): 14
Ballast Position: 50

Engine Power Limiter
Power Level: 96.5 %

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5 / 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 20 / 40
Braking Sensitivity: 5 / 5

Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 25 / 75

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.0 / 9.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 5
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.10 / -0.20

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 4 / 8

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

The fastest laps were 1'34,xxx, the overall finishing time was 7'55,0xx and I overtook the leading GT-R in the braking for the Corkscrew. The power figures are for a fully broken in engine (I think) - adjust accordingly for your engine. It's not a nice car to drive as it's a "quick'n dirty" setup and there's no grip to be found for most of the time thanks to the tyres but it got the job done for me.

I can vouch for this. The thing i hated with the sti, was that it was so balanced, so much, that turning was a pain, but with this set up, the car slides, when you go full throttle off a turn. And therfore it corners so great, suits my driving style, after a 1.36 opening lap, i banged in 1.34's, and took the skyline just before the corkscrew.

I think the Torque-Sensing Diff/Drivetrain/Drive Terrain "Setting" should be easily refered as "The 4x4 Setting", or 4x4: 35 - 65 as in this case.

Someone please give me a tune that is actually gonna work, all the rest have way too much understeer, and i want a car that will turn, the subaru is sliding into all the corners, killing my speeds, once and a while i get it fixed, and then i change something and and it messes up. Ive tried all of them on GT plaent that i have found, one of them put me into the 1:37.xxx, but that isnt going to work for me, i can do 135-6s in arcade mode on the same track.
thanks in advance

i hate this race, so very very much. My very first attempt i got second. And i have tried almost every single tune on GTPlanet, and still remain in second. i cant even express how frustrated this race has made me. My best lap was a 1'34.8. My average laps have ranged from mid 1'35s, to low 1'37s with some of the more unsavory set-ups. I feel like i cant do anything more to this damn car. I just hate this event so much.

i hate this race, so very very much. My very first attempt i got second. And i have tried almost every single tune on GTPlanet, and still remain in second. i cant even express how frustrated this race has made me. My best lap was a 1'34.8. My average laps have ranged from mid 1'35s, to low 1'37s with some of the more unsavory set-ups. I feel like i cant do anything more to this damn car. I just hate this event so much.

try rotary junkies tune, it is the easiest to play around with, and starts out teh best.

Sorry to say, it's not only slower than the car was stock, but also slower than all other 10 tunes submitted for February's Tuner Challenge. My best lap was 1:29.555 on Trial Mountain and with some more laps I could see a lower 1:29, but the fastest tunes submitted were able to produce lap times in the low 1:27 range.

Tunes Submitted: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...wWnIxOGJHbWpJZHc&hl=en&authkey=CPeEgakK#gid=0
Laps produced: https://spreadsheets0.google.com/cc...4SGuFn517RzPYUng&hl=en&authkey=CP2StbwP#gid=0

As far as feedback, the tune does nothing to counter the cars natural tendency to understeer. It seems to lack any maneuverability and more importantly grip in general. The most glaring flaw is your torque distribution. You're trying to turn a 4WD car into a RWD car; don't.

here it is

My car won it easily. (One guy who used it claims a 11+ second win.) It available to share. PSN: Rhinoafrica.

I used "RJ's" tune slightly modded; put a little more brake in the rear, and set toe and camber to zero, got the lead skyline coming into Rainey Corner, could have gotten him in the Middle of Rahal, but screwed up breaking point. this was by far the hardest for me as the STi didn't want to turn for me at all. Got the McLaren F1 GTR as my prize.

I used "RJ's" tune slightly modded; put a little more brake in the rear, and set toe and camber to zero, got the lead skyline coming into Rainey Corner, could have gotten him in the Middle of Rahal, but screwed up breaking point. this was by far the hardest for me as the STi didn't want to turn for me at all. Got the McLaren F1 GTR as my prize.

I figured out how to make the car turn really nice, it just doesnt do it like the skyline, in and out like a beauty, its like the snail trailing behind

was strugling pretty bad to catch the leader at the last corner, then I applied Sports ECU and Titanium exaust, and that seemed to help.

Aero: Useless, don't bother.

LSD 10/10/10 front and rear, transmission 250KM. and thats that.

Bought Itens:

Weight Reduction level 3
Chassis Reinforcement

ECU
Turbo level 3
Titanium Exaust
Titanium Manifold
Catalyst Converter

Adjusted the engine power.

Last edited:
im gonna be nice and share, not that anyone will understand what it does until they use it, but ill still post
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10

395 HP, 401 Ft/lbs, 1250 kg, PP 531

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Hood (Body Color)
Sports ECU
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Full Customization Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Center Differential
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Hard Tires

Weight Adjustment Ballast
Ballast Amount (kg): 14
Ballast Position: 50 to the front

Engine Power Limiter
Power Level: 88.8 %

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 28/ 7(borrowed from Rotary Junkie)
Acceleration Sensitivity: 58 / 55(borrowed from Rotary Junkie)
Braking Sensitivity: 31 / 11 (borrowed from Rotary Junkie)

Torque Distributing Center Differential
Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 35 / 65

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -25 /-15
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 12.0 / 15.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 9
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 1 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 2.5 / 0.2(borrowed from Rotary Junkie)
Toe Angle: -0.20 / -0.10

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 4 / 10
Transmission: 143

Driving Options
Your choice, i play around with them, havent decided on anything yet.

Play around with it, it is able to take corners with less slipage than normal

If anyone wants me to explain this, i would be more than happy to.

Used RJ's tune as well and won 2 days ago after so many tries. Secret is slow in fast out in corners.

I used mobius's setup. It handled similar to greycap but I could put down the power easier. I don't know how many tries I went at this race and FINALLY placed first. I was ready to sell GT5 if the car I received wasn't good enough but it gave me the yellow 01 r8 race car, which I've been looking for since about 3 months ago. I am getting rid of both subaru cars I used. What a horrendous piece of junk that was. I have never hated a car so much in any racing game in my whole life. Thankfully it's over. Thank you mobius. And the trick is to brake earlier than you think, let the car pause for a split second with no brake/throttle input, then pick up the gas earlier than you think. Very odd machine... Fastest lap was a 1:34.2 something.

I used mobius's setup. It handled similar to greycap but I could put down the power easier. I don't know how many tries I went at this race and FINALLY placed first. I was ready to sell GT5 if the car I received wasn't good enough but it gave me the yellow 01 r8 race car, which I've been looking for since about 3 months ago. I am getting rid of both subaru cars I used. What a horrendous piece of junk that was. I have never hated a car so much in any racing game in my whole life. Thankfully it's over. Thank you mobius. And the trick is to brake earlier than you think, let the car pause for a split second with no brake/throttle input, then pick up the gas earlier than you think. Very odd machine... Fastest lap was a 1:34.2 something.

That's what I needed thank you.
And your saying you won with my setup?
Cause I can't do better than 1:38.xxx but i understand some physics, and how things should work, and that's how i tuned the car, i just haven't slept in a while, ill get some sleep and come back after it. Maybe then I'll win.
PS Send me the subarus they might give me luck to win(LOL), and what adjustments did you make to my setup?

try rotary junkies tune, it is the easiest to play around with, and starts out teh best.

dude, thank you so very much. i didnt even try that tune till you suggested it. It just didnt seem like something i would like. Well it took me two runs with it to get used to it, but on the third i won it, passing the skyline right after the last turn along the straight. I finally beat this damn thing!!! Im a happy panda now. Well, two down, now only the elise race to go.

I finally managed to get gold on this. Laps were about 1:37 for the first, 1:36 for the second and rest were somewhere between 1:34 and 1:35.
My trick was keeping the camber and toe settings default for maximum grip.
Just poke around the car to get a good touch, the turning front tires may seem useless thanks to the ever-so-awesome understeer, but just take it easy, brake late (not too late like Yours Truly) and draft as much as you can.
Add me on PSN if you want to try my car.

I'm currently uploading my replay on YouTube with some hopefully helpful comment.

Stage 3 Weight Reduction
ECU
Race Airfilter
Sport Cat, Sport Exhaust
Stage 2 (midrange) Turbo
Close ratio 6 speed tranny
Torque Split 35/65
Fully Customizable Suspension
Sport Hards

My setup in the meantime:

Suspension settings:
-20/-20
7.2/9.2
6/8
4/4
3/6

Camber: 2.2/0.9
Toe: 0.07/0.00

Video added:

Last edited:
I've done it!! Eventually!! After a long time trying, I reverted the suspension and LSD to stock, and three attempts later, I've now got the Level 23 ticket!

I'm sharing the Elise I used to gold, and in about 5 minutes I'll be sharing this STi. If anyone wants to borrow and try, feel free to add me on the PSN.

Now for the Fiat 500...

Oh and I got the Jaguar Le Mans Car from '88.

Last edited:
Finally! Gold!!! thats all 3 experts done now!!!! Even if I did cut the odd corner. Got in front of the lead car a fraction before the finish line, beat it by in 0.21 seconds. Damn thats the hardest thing I've ever done in GT golding licence IA-10 was stroll in the park compared to this. I found mobius's setup to work the best for me. 👍 I also switched from mid to high RPM turbo as I found that gave a bit of extra oomph and didn't adversely affect acceleration running against my ghost during practise sessions.

LagunaSecaRaceway.jpg

Last edited:
This tune is the one :)

Beat the challenge with 5 secs using DS3.

I confirm.THIS IS THE ONE!!!! Thanx to GT_Cro i finally won with total time 7:58,104 and it can be a lot better.
I was screaming while passing the leading gt-r.......!This sti and its oversteering madness gave nightmares,headache and almost a divorce.After getting this gold i would be more than happy to do this if the game allowed me to

sti%20burn.jpg

Last edited:
I created an account just so I could say that this challenge is going to cause me to destroy my PS3 and this game. I have tried just about every tune here. All the tricks and all that stuff and I still can't do better than second place. I have gotten as close as 2 seconds but can't seem to nail it. I must be the worst driver ever if everyone else is completing this and I still can't. I did the Lotus one and the Fiat one in like 5 tries each but can't for the life of me do this. I guess I will try again tomorrow. 👎

I created an account just so I could say that this challenge is going to cause me to destroy my PS3 and this game. I have tried just about every tune here. All the tricks and all that stuff and I still can't do better than second place. I have gotten as close as 2 seconds but can't seem to nail it. I must be the worst driver ever if everyone else is completing this and I still can't. I did the Lotus one and the Fiat one in like 5 tries each but can't for the life of me do this. I guess I will try again tomorrow. 👎

I'm pretty good and use a G25 and took me a while. I don't know how people even play the game w/ a controller. If you are within 2 sec., just enjoy the fact that there's a challenge for you in GT5, that's half the fun! If you're that close, you'll eventually get it, it just takes time and practice.

Also get an oil change and engine rebuild- and upgrade every single part to max, then put weight on with ballast to rear and reduce HP with limiter. You'll get it. EDIT--- except chassis stiffener.. don't put that on! It makes understeer worse with these tires!

I honestly found the Fiat the hardest, I practised that one for weeks. The STi took about a week. With the Fiat theres no room for error you have to do 5 perfect laps, at least with the others the car has more power so if you screw up mildly you can use the cars ooomph to pull yourself out of trouble, but with the Fiat it's everything or nothing.

Ah, controllers. I really must get a wheel one day, if only I had the money and the room for it...

P.S I wouldn't say everyone is completing it, those how have, post, and the rest... stay silent.

Last edited:
Managed to get all golds (with thanks to Akira, JG and Greycap) please, please, please more of these races PD. Frustrating, compelling and great fun!

I agree...I hated this challenge, and yet it was the most memorable when I finally made that last pass on the corkscrew. This event truly tested driver skill and setup ability. Love that. 👍

It took me about 4 tries. Then a week later on my son's game, I'm still .5 behind the leader. Draft as much as possible.

Back