Anyone Gold the seasonal events Sti10?

• Thread starter yukes
  • 281 comments
STI is garbage even with some of the best tunes. Can't even oversteer without pushing at the same time. Beautiful car but garbage handling. Sucks that subbie can make a good car that handles like a snow plow.

Try with mine tune...
Balast 14kg/rear all to 50
Aero/none
turbo/stage2
Transsmision/240kmh (set to 235 and final gear set all to 240...)
Lsd front 5/22/5
Lsd rear 6/58/5
Diff 30/70
Suspension +20/-25
6.2/9.3
3/6
5/2
1/3
Camber front 3.2
rear 3.0
Toe front -0.40
Toe rear +0.04
Brake balance 9/10
won with 2.6xx seconds in front of M.N.P nissan,abs 1 all other aids off,drived with Ds3...good luck

Last edited:
STI is garbage even with some of the best tunes. Can't even oversteer without pushing at the same time. Beautiful car but garbage handling. Sucks that subbie can make a good car that handles like a snow plow.

Go drive a real one. GT5 isn't that accurate. Don't be foolish.

Got gold in one profile forgot to back up the game previously so I had to accept a car I already had.
Not to make the mistake twice I backed up a second profile and set about winning it again to gift the ticket.
Same set up everything, but couldn't touch my previous times. 1 hour later I noticed ASM was on in this profile. 💡 Turned it off and instantly a second a lap faster.
I never thought it made that much difference. I'm enjoying trying this again now.

Managed to get all golds (with thanks to Akira, JG and Greycap) please, please, please more of these races PD. Frustrating, compelling and great fun!

I couldn't beat this for the life of me. I was consistantly coming withing 3.1 - 3.5 secs of the leader using RKM's tune. About ten times in a row. I use many of his tunes and they are great but I couldn't master it. I just figured the heck with it, I won't get it. But then 06Busa send me the car that he used for this (for free, I might add), and on my second try, I won by .031 seconds. I don't know how his was set up as I only had a few minutes to play yesterday. But his tune worked for me.

Last edited:
finally got GOLD after playing two consecutive night. I did not believe I could win after crossing checked flag.

my STi : 393hp, 376 lb.ft, 1251kg (no balast and no delimiter applied)

Mazda_Raceway_Laguna_Seca_2_1.jpg

lap_time_01.jpg

finally got GOLD after playing two consecutive night. I did not believe I could win after crossing checked flag.

lap_time_01.jpg

Thats a great finish. Pretty sweet pic as well.

Its the tires that sucked in the challenge, the real car is not so bad, but it does have a bit of an understeering issue.
Yeah, at the limit, for safety reasons, like 99% of all street legal cars, but of course most AWD cars struggle with that more than FR cars, but FF cars understeer by nature too. Good tires always help.

Care if I borrows yours for the weekend then?

LOL, if I had one.. no, but I just have a 2.5i. I can get factory 'Sti pink springs' for $400 though, which I might do to get better handling. 2.5i- 3,015lbs.... WRX/Sti- 3,400lbs or more. hmmmm..

anyway.....

lap_time_01.jpg

And I was happy with my .031 gap. Wow man, nice finish! 👍

In the beginning, mid rpm turbo was equiped for higher torque in mid range.

i was exhausted as i was 1.2 seconds behind the 1st car Skyline GT-R (more than 3 times).

and i do not want to over tune the STi and apply delimiter for higher torque. just want more challenge.

so, i gave an try on high rpm turbo. just did it on first try.

i drove as gentle and smooth as possible (just drove like Jenson Button...hehe)

Last but not the least, thank you PD for resuming Seasonal Event 1 & 2 style. and thank you all gtplanet guys on the advices!!!

Try with mine tune...
Balast 14kg/rear all to 50
Aero/none
turbo/stage2
Transsmision/240kmh (set to 235 and final gear set all to 240...)
Lsd front 5/22/5
Lsd rear 6/58/5
Diff 30/70
Suspension +20/-25
6.2/9.3
3/6
5/2
1/3
Camber front 3.2
rear 3.0
Toe front -0.40
Toe rear +0.04
Brake balance 9/10
won with 2.6xx seconds in front of M.N.P nissan,abs 1 all other aids off,drived with Ds3...good luck

This tune is the one :)

Beat the challenge with 5 secs using DS3.

How do you think the Skyline got the 56 sec best lap?

I'd guess that the timer for all cars starts when the player's car crosses the start/finish line.

Either that or the sucker's got a rocket strapped on there somewhere.

I'd guess that the timer for all cars starts when the player's car crosses the start/finish line.

Either that or the sucker's got a rocket strapped on there somewhere.

Yeah it's just on the first lap when they are way ahead because of long single file with you at the end starting the clock.

Currently stuck with second place on this, but I need the trophy! Was going to have a day off today, but reading this (while I was supposed to be doing something more productive) just makes me want to fire up and get driving.
BWX
Yeah it's just on the first lap when they are way ahead because of long single file with you at the end starting the clock.
Shoulda been obvious...

Last edited:
Try this setup, it makes the car handle MUCH better.

aero-f-0 R-20

LSD- 5/13
12/5
5/5
Diff- 25/75

Ride height F+21 R-25
spring 16/9.5
dampers-6/6
4/4
Roll bars-2/3

Camber 2.2/1.4
toe -.06/-.30

brakes4/6

Look extreme but they turn the impreza into a katana

After failing hard at the Grey Cap tune everyone raved about here, I tried this unique tune, and won the event by 6 seconds, with 1st lap of 1:35:xxx and best lap 1:33:9x on a G25 wheel.

Minor modifications:
Set the torque sensor to 35F/65R (for faster accel out of Apex)
Set (Manual shift)Tranny to 260km/hr and then reduced final drive a little.
Set Brake Bias to 4/7.
MID Turbo. ===> up Shift early, never redline accel nor decel. (downshift late)
Oil change after 1 hour of practice runs :) (chassis & engine rebuild if you want)

And learned something new about driving around in this car, and perhaps others:

For the longest time, in GT5, I have been "holding the brake pedal" until ready to go to throttle. I am sure many of us do this. This car absolutely hates this common method of braking. It feels like the chassis wants to split at all its manufactured junctions, you can feel it in your teeth.

What I learned to do, is to modulate (prime, pump) the brake pedal going into each turn. (never exceeding 60% pedal force, if for a moment) Like a percussionist. Like nervous leg syndrome, call it what you will, but try it if you don't believe me, and you will suddenly win this race with flying colors.

Each turn has 4 markers, each turn you use your own marker for braking. sometimes in between some markers ;)

There is plenty of room for safe passing at many moments, don't be forced to do it either, drifting up hill or on the long straight helps, but all is lost if you don't brake earlier at higher top speed :)

Last edited:
This event has left me no rest.
I have already been completed successfully once, but I wanted to do it, without shortening curves.
With my GTP account I have ridden the event once and have confined myself daruaf to find the right line. A strategy for the levers are overtaking is very important. Here you can lose a lot of time. After several attempts, I managed to drive low 1.35er times and complete the first round with a 1.36. The 3rd round was even a 1.34.9.
At the end there was a gap of 3 seconds.
This is really a great event.

IMG00111-20110620-1531.jpg

P.S. Sorry for my english ;-)

Last edited:
This tune is the one :)

Beat the challenge with 5 secs using DS3.

I just wanna give big thx to the autor of this tune.

I was dying to catch first nissan and always came 2nd abour 1 sec behind.

After tune on my second atempt i won easily.

Thank You :)

Hey all, got a couple quick questions. On this car, I see a lot of people setting the brake force to a higher rear and lower front. Wouldn't you want to do a stronger front and weaker rear (to promote oversteer)?

Also I notice a lot of people are adjusting the diffirential by putting more force on the rear (say 35/65 or 40/60). Why is that? I am confused. Again, I would think you would want more drive on the front to get the car the front to move before the back?

On the weight ballest. I see some people moving the weight, and some people leave the weight in a 0 position. Resoning?

Try this setup, it makes the car handle MUCH better.

aero-f-0 R-20

LSD- 5/13
12/5
5/5
Diff- 35F/65R
Ride height F+21 R-25
spring 16/9.5
dampers-6/6
4/4
Roll bars-2/3

Camber 2.2/1.4
toe -.06/-.30

brakes4/7

Look extreme but they turn the impreza into a katana

I bolded the tunes I changed.

These are the parts I added:

Oil change
ECU chip sport
Engine stage 3
Sport intake manifold
racing air intake
racing titanium exhaust
Turbo stage 3

I limited the power to 400hp.

for the gear ratios: I set it to 260km/h, then put the final drive to 4.311.

With the DS3 set to +3 sensivity.

I got it at the corkscrew.
LagunaSecaRaceway_1.jpg

laguna_finaltimes.jpg

Last edited:
Nice finish, themartlab. I just got mine, on the inside of the lefthander after the Corkscrew. Took it easy for the rest of the lap and still managed to grab 1:34.945 - the first time I ever got below 1:35! Must've picked up a tow somewhere. Got silver last week, but there's a massive difference between the first of the losers and outright victory on this one.

Settings:

Rear Aero: +6

LSD
F/R
28/7
58/55
31/11

sorry, can't remember whose tune they were from - damned if I understand any of it!

dif: 40F/60R
brakes:5F/7R

ride height: -15 all round

spring & damper

12/8
9/8
7/7
2/5

camber & toe

2.5/0.9
-0.2/-0.1

Gearing:

Set overall gearing to 137mph (220kmh), then reduce 6th until vMax hits about 143mph (229kmh). Note, there may not be a direct equivalent if you're playing in metric.

Driver aids:

ABS:1
Steering sensitivity:7
Manual gears

Tools:
DFGT, ffb set to 1, paddle gear (used the stick shift for early upshifts on half lock)

Mods:

Everything possible, up to stage 3 turbo, tune it back to suit. I experimented with all 3 turbo setups, but it was the high rpm unit that worked best for me. You can just sneak in with 395bhp/524pp
Drop the weight as much as you can, make it back up to 1250 with ballast (14kg) and stick it as far back as you can.

If you recognise any of your handiwork here, I thank you, but to be honest, I've tinkered so much I've no idea of the true origin.

One thing I have found is that the success of tunes seems to be very dependant on driving style, so if you're still struggling on someone else's setup, you're going to have to tinker. Mind you, it pays to run each one for a god few tries, unless it stinks from the first corner!

A couple of tips that made me a lot of time:

The left hander at the top of the hill before the corkscrew, turn in early and go as fast as you dare. 4th gear is comfortable with this setup.
Coming out of the corkscrew, power on early and change up to 3rd before you exit.
After the corkscrew, stay left. If you aim to enter the following corner low on the banking, you can maintain a higher speed. Approach in 5th and change down near the apex after a small lift.

Maybe I'll be able to get a decent night's sleep now!

Last edited:
Hey all, got a couple quick questions. On this car, I see a lot of people setting the brake force to a higher rear and lower front. Wouldn't you want to do a stronger front and weaker rear (to promote oversteer)?

Also I notice a lot of people are adjusting the diffirential by putting more force on the rear (say 35/65 or 40/60). Why is that? I am confused. Again, I would think you would want more drive on the front to get the car the front to move before the back?

On the weight ballest. I see some people moving the weight, and some people leave the weight in a 0 position. Resoning?
All these mods together seem to improve turn in, especially in the faster corners.

Brake Balance: The more the front tires have to brake, the less grip they have left for turning. More rear bias = more turning ability for the front tires.

Torque split: Rear bias adds oversteer, but reduces overall traction.
50/50 gives you the best traction, but doesn't turn as well.

Ballast: Weight in the front adds understeer.
Weight in the rear adds oversteer.

I found this pretty frustrating, Hard sports tyres just don't seem to be the right tyre for this car at this power level, I felt like I had to brake ridiculously early and the car just understeered due to lack of grip.

Anyway, I already had the car fully tuned and setup for sports softs, I simply added a ballast to up the weight to the minimum and used the power limiter to reduce the power to the maximum (394bhp).

Laptimes I did for gold with a 2second lead were in the 1:34-1:36 range (1:33's are possible, my fastest was a 1:34.2). I made a few mistakes on the way and I really wasnt enjoying how the car felt on the tyres, you have to be fairly decent but this challenge is more than doable, even with a pad.

Basically, if you can find a setup that will sort the understeer issues then you're good for 1:33 laps and an easy gold.

Edit : Oh, and I won a Toyota 7, was not pleased as I already had the car, meh.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back