Anyone still play GT4?

I'd like to, but I can't get it to work properly on my Sony Bravia flat screen. I may have posted in this thread before, and someone recommended an adaptor of some sort. I didn't work. There's a lag between inputs on my controller and what happens on the screen. And recommendations?

The brand of the adaptor was not available in the U.S. so I got whatever it was that GameStop was selling.

I happened to walk into a room in my home that has a PS2 plugged into a rarely used display and on impulse just booted it up and took an armchair.
Next thing - the screen is that old familiar Home, surrounded by Extreme Events, Beginner Events, Italy, France, Spain, GTAuto, Licence Center ... xylophone banging away excitedly calling ...

So now the DS2 is in my hands, and I have to check my garage ...
Last car used? Nissan R390 GT1.
Stealth version.
Hmm.
Back to cruising the Welcome Menu. What to do? Dang . . . All these choices. Maybe take the R390 to Power and Speed.
Juke Box?
Yes!! Just what I need after a hard
day’s night. Moon Over The Castle. Orchestra version.
Aaaahh.....
That sound washes over me like a mother’s caresses.
Makes me want a splash of single malt now. But Van Halen crashes in with Panama and that’s it.
Need to play.
First - send Bob out in the R390 to a half-hour race somewhere so I can have that splash while watching his antics ...

:lol:

And make a post at my favourite game central.

... and let us not forget what is probably the greatest Easter Egg of all time...

37FEADBD-76C8-4FED-9A2A-D8A0BB603CC0.jpeg

Would it be a bigger bombshell if GT4 gave you the phone number to a gun-club?: :D

bobnra_zpszt2mdjdo.jpg

To follow-up from my last post here - easier said than done - Bob got soundly thrashed when I sent him off to Infineon in the R390. The field was totally bullied by a 787B. So I sent Bob back in our own stealth 787B. Decimation:

bobmazda_zpsnkky1ptp.jpg

The battles were so heated it was pretty much like watching a pack of class racers duelling it out - no quarter given. Bob must have thought he was Senna - or least must have been influenced by him.

bobbattle_zps70zilly0.jpg

Meanwhile I'm so excited by all this that I want to make Bob pit and take the car away from him.
Because I can do this, see?
This is probably the only game out there where I can do this - share a race with my AI driver. In fact, ride in the cockpit with him.
Let him do the hard work - but I get to drive the last few laps and take the checkers. :D

But I don't want to traumatize him - so I let him bring it home:

bobinfineon_zpss04kibsj.jpg

After that I took a bunch of cars out myself - all over the GT4 world, Tahiti, Hong Kong . . . and yeah, Cote d'Azur . . . just in case I bumped into something topless. :lol:

Really cool posts here. Lol I had no clue there was a easter egg in this game with women in bikini's at a pool.

I am going to play this game again once I complete GT3. I'm getting GT3 soon along with a steering wheel etc set up.. I hope I don't break it from GT3 gold license anger this time. How fun it will be to play GT3&GT4 for old times sake.

Posting here while playing those will take me back to 2006-2008 when I posted here under a older account and Parnelli Bone and Fumes and a few other old timers here used to post all the time. Those were good old days man almost 13 years!

Hey all. Been a while since I've posted on GTPlanet. Since GTA V's new update messed up the game in many ways, and The Crew has gotten boring, I decided to try and play some PS3. Turns out, my PS3 absolutely refuses to sign into PSN. Finally I decided to pull out my PS2 from the closet and dust it off to play whatever game was in the console. Turns out, it was Gran Turismo 4. Since then, I can't stop enjoying it. So much left to do, and so many cool cars I miss driving (Nike 2022 anyone? ;) )

That being said, does anyone actively play Gran Turismo 4 today?
Just started a fresh run including license tests...

When I got GT4 from my cousin in 2006 I never thought I'd still be playing it 12 years later, but here I am :) I recently did the FGT championship (B-Spec, only taking over if Bob messed up hard) in one sitting to complete Extreme Events and now I'm doing Special Conditions Races. 40%...

Oh, and Mission 34 is long behind me... I won that by 6 seconds, a margin 3000 times as big as my previous one from 2009 :lol:

My main love of GT4 is directed toward the license tests, I absolutely adore them. Few greater feelings in gaming than when you hear your first "Baam baaaaaam BA-DAAAAAAA!" for Gold :drool:

I started again (again, again, again etc x 10) recently but only have a controller as I can't source a decent Logitech G25, I've managed to at least *silver* all license tests but it's a pain in the ass since I'm fully accustomed to wheel driving these days. Once I find a good wheel I'm gonna delete my game (again x 12-ish) and dedicate myself to it. IA-16 is a nightmare with a controller - that Nissan R92CP from Mulsanne to Indianapolis is horrible, one tiny movement and you're beat :scared:

Strangely though, I have to do dirt & snow events with a controller because I can't flick the car round fast enough with the wheel.

EDIT: ordered a DFGT today, gaming by Tuesday.

Last edited:
So far, so good, with the DFGT wheel. Having read that the pedals are flimsy I was a bit apprehensive but having played for 2 days now I'm totally comfortable - actually really easy to control the braking compared to some other much more expensive pedal sets that I own. I'm also really enjoying the little sequential shifter even tho it's in a very unusual place for a UK driver.

So far I'm half way through the license tests. Majority silver, some gold and a couple of bronze - all largely my first attempt at each test, I'll go back and forth to them building up the gold numbers over time. IA-16 remains a pain in the ass even with a wheel, the damned thing rattles around like CRAZY along Hunaudières but I guess that's part of the immersion :lol:

Bugbear: I'm 9 seconds away from gold around Seattle in the Ford GT. NINE SECONDS :banghead:

Only 6 bronze medals (out of all 80) left to convert to a prettier colour. Entire S-License is silver, very very close to gold on 13, 14, 15, and 16. I just can't wait to get my Model T Ford :indiff::lol:

I'll eventually get to this game again after completing my GT3 save file. I've golded I-B in that game currently, but 16 is gonna take me a little while to get to.

I assume your gonna use B-Spec for those 24 hour races, which take 7 hours total if you do.

@JakeMR2 - I have no plans to use B-Spec this time around. Gonna take the odd weekend off and hammer away at the game as much as I can - I've never completed it on just A-Spec so I want to try...

Ah that'll be interesting, good luck. Hope you don't get tired mid race. Because that's what happened to me an hour or two into it. But I'mma do it completely with A Spec the next time I'll finish GT4.

I need to get past the World Championship (professional series) first. Using my used R92CP Race Car, I can't settle on a driving style; controller, steering wheel, mixture of driving aids.. nothing feels quite right. Restarted about 6 times so far :yuck:

You guys are mad if you expect to complete the 24hr races without B-spec lol

I'm thinking of taking 3 days to do each one, broken up as:

Up early, light exercise to wake me up, breakfast, 4-hour stint of racing, pause game, a walk, dinner, another 4-hour stint. x3 days

I've been watching RynoGT on YouTube to inspire me - he completed GT4 with no driving aids at all, using a control pad (the BUTTONS, not analogue sticks), and he did the 24-hour races in 8 hour stints. He also golded all license tests and coffee breaks and made it look easy, the man annoys me :irked:

I like it especially the endurance race held at super speedway. 150miles?? I think. and the subaru 360 race. the only thing I don’t like is you can’t use special colors on some cars on arcade mode. (MGF in yellow, Yaris pink, Storia or sirion in green) etc.

Last edited:
the only thing I don’t like is you can’t use special colors on some cars on arcade mode. (MGF in yellow, Yaris pink, Storia or sirion in green) etc.
You can, actually. By exploiting a simple glitch though, but you still can nonetheless.

Last edited:
the four black cars (787B, GT-One, R390 and R92CP) are much better, in my opinion
The Nissan Z Concept from GT3 and the Lancer Evo VIII Prototype Rally Car, also from GT3 should return on this game.
I hope PD will remake Gran Turismo 4 v2.00 with Dodge Concept Car LM edition and more LM edition from Gran Turismo 2 game. And also, the racing modification for cars (came from GT2 and GT5)

The Toyota RSC (road version) is a surprisingly good rally car. Well, it's probably not that much of a surprise since there is a Rally Raid version but still... I used the road car for some rally events last night, added various upgrades while keeping power as low as possible, and I even managed to win @ Grand Canyon [Hard] against an Impreza for 195 A-Spec points.

I will come clean in the fact I rammed the Subaru (he spun around, my time penalty was negated by the slow corners we were at) early in the second lap to gain a decent time advantage and then had to get up to some rear mirror shenanigans to keep him at bay a lot, but the occasion boost of NOS on the few fast sections did me the world of good. Great race tho, and almost as tough as the Speedster Trophy :scared:

Back