Anyone still play GT4?

Whenever I play GT4, I drive as much as possible on snow or dirt because I quickly get fed up with stiff physics on tarmac. I would probably play it more often if I could just use my own cars in the Arcade Mode (it's the only place where you can make your own races, Family Cups are not good as they last for two laps only).

Is it possible to use some cheat codes or tools to fix the Family Cup lap count? If there is a possibility, I would think about it for sure.
I could try to do that in a few weeks or so. I can easily find the values for you.

10) Extreme events
11) One make races
Yeah I meant to include Extreme events but forgot. I'm actually going through them now.

It's the One Make races that I honestly didn't know about. Gonna tackle those next.

Extreme championship 2: Any suggestions on which car to use for the Dream Team Championship races?

Any suggestions on which car to use for the Dream Team Championship races?
If you want to have a good challenge, I'm suggesting the BMW M3 GTR Race Car or the JGTC Motul Pitwork Z

Last edited:
Yesterday I had some spare time so I turned my PS2 on and let the B-Spec do one of the 24h races at Le Mans. I've never done the 24h races, so that was a first for me. I'll do the other two the next days and then I'll try and complete some of the other races, I have not done yet or finished in 1st. Currently at ~84% overall.

As I reached 100% and have over 600 cars in Arcade Mode, I decided to copy the data on my second memory card and start GT Mode from 0 all over again.
And boy, this is going to be sooo sweet... :cool:

Now that I run on a PC, I am going to do a lot save states for the 1,000 miles event and the whole endurance series all in A-Spec mode, wish me the best of luck at 100%.

I've been picking up GT4 again in an attempt to beat one of my gamesaves for once. Well, at least until the endurance events; there's no way I'm doing those with some of them requiring me to spend 24 hours on one track.

The AI in this GT are not very bright as I'm in a supercar race on the New York circuit and I see just about every other car slamming into the walls like kids playing online.

I finished the beginner league and nearly all of the pro league. I just needed a faster car to take on the prototypes with in GT world championship. Which I now have thanks to the black prototypes I bought in the used car lots.

Going to be buying another PS2 next week, since I've had copies of both GT3 and GT4 sitting around collecting dust, and will definitely be getting back into playing both of them, trying to 100% the GT Modes in both games. Will probably B-Spec the Endurance races (and the DTM Championship for when I want to grind for some cash (but I will A-Spec it first time round)) and will hopefully be able to 100% this for the first time. Never even got to 25% in the game before so can't wait to see what the later events entail.

Will probably regularly post on my progress in the race reports sub-forum for both games one I properly get started.

I only intend to play up till the endurance events. If I do any of them at all, I'm having B-Spec take over.
Funny thing, I didn't realize until this week that you could speed up the races in B-Spec mode. Probably because I didn't really try B-Spec much in my past playthroughs.

I decided to finally B-spec that horrific One-Make Opel Race last night, got first in all of them...Suzuka took a few tries. Out of all the races in my opinion they seem to be REALLY dive-bomb happy in this race series.

I joined GTPlanet back in 2003 to get news on Gran Turismo 4. There are probably two things I've seen complained about GT4 in my 11.5 years on GTPlanet- the lack of certain manufacturers and disappointment over no online play (without the need for extra stuff). I even remember the early arguments among us about Gran Turismo 4 and some game called Forza Motorsport. Those who still play GT4 to some capacity are sad that some things added in later GTs could have been in GT4, but still have overall respect for what GT4 brought to the proverbial table. There was even the controversy of B-Spec, which many felt was Gran Turismo 4 playing itself for you.

Somehow, Gran Turismo 4 is speaking to me in a way in which I am somehow harking back to GT4. However, I don't come back to GT4 in much the same way I come back to GT1 or even GT2. All the Standard cars in GT5 and GT6 stem from GT4. I don't know... I just come back to GT4 for some reason when I look at Gran Turismo today. Something I can't explain or understand is why I am thinking about and wanting to play GT4 again- not that I've ever hated GT4.
Gran Turismo 4 was quite simply the turning point of the series from what it was before GT4 to what it became after GT4. I will be honest here, it looked so much more promising in GT4 than it turned out to be in GT5/6 and possibly even GTSport.
My thing is with B-spec was that while it did feel cheap,although not boring to me for whatever reason, it got through the game faster for those that had to replay it multiple times, like myself, which is my fault for memory card and saving mishaps, but more so, it felt like a requirement for the longer of the endurance races, which leads me into the one place where I felt like Gran Turismo 3 actually just did it perfectly: Endurance Races. Prefect length. Perfect rewards. But with GT4, the endurance races got so long that I felt like I had to use it. After all, my brother played the PS2 as well, so I couldn't leave it on for a week, especially when I could just let it run mostly on its own for 8 hours and get the same reward, plus I wouldn't risk busting my PS2 for it.

This is an "old" recording of a VHS tape from late 2000 that featured me and my brother playing GT4.

I'm thinking about replacing my ps2 lens and spinner since it won't read Double layer DVD discs. And since my laptop is too freaking slow to run GT4 with e..you know what I mean then playing on a real PS2 is my only choice.

Double post but...

OMG, I could finally return my nostalgia. :bowdown:
20170603_071419.jpg

I play gt4 it's actually my first play through and I really love I recently finished golding all 80 license tests
You managed to gold all the license test for the first playthorugh!? At most, i golden everything in the National B class apart from 3 license involving driving a lap in which i got silver. I tried to redo the Tsukuba with the Mini but god...:mad:

I tried both my PS one Controller and my DFGT wheel but both resulted in similar results.

You managed to gold all the license test for the first playthorugh!? At most, i golden everything in the National B class apart from 3 license involving driving a lap in which i got silver. I tried to redo the Tsukuba with the Mini but god...:mad:

I tried both my PS one Controller and my DFGT wheel but both resulted in similar results.
I did lol I wasn't stopping until I got gold on all this tests.... My whole day consisted of "retry---> mess up----> retry----> and so on until I got gold" Nürburgring lap on IA and S license was HELL!!! And some license test I had to YouTube videos on how it was done and how someone else attempted the particular test.

I'm on a mission to 100% every GT and Forza game, so I'm going to get around to GT4 eventually. I'm on GT2 at the momemt.

Thinking about the infamous mission 34 makes a bit nervous though. :ill:

I'm on a mission to 100% every GT and Forza game, so I'm going to get around to GT4 eventually. I'm on GT2 at the momemt.

Thinking about the infamous mission 34 makes a bit nervous though. :ill:

If you're on the NTSC version then I wish you all the luck on the world, because you're gonna need it. I went into GT4 with the FULL intent on 100%-ing it no matter what, but Mission 34 humbled me to bits and I simply gave up at 99.99%.

If you're on the NTSC version then I wish you all the luck on the world, because you're gonna need it. I went into GT4 with the FULL intent on 100%-ing it no matter what, but Mission 34 humbled me to bits and I simply gave up at 99.99%.

Ouch. I hope you manage to pull it off one day. It would drive me crazy if I was stuck at 99%.

But yeah, I've heard other horror stories and how the PAL version is easier, but I still plan to give it everything I got.

Back