Anyone still play GT4?

@karelpipa - I've been watching Bob a lot lately and there is only a 4 or 5 second wait from the car stopping until the pit crew get to work. There is a vastly longer wait if we instruct Bob to pit - then he just sits there.

Oh so there is a different behavior if he pits in by himself.. interesting. I'll have to test it out at one point.

Oh so there is a different behavior if he pits in by himself.. interesting. I'll have to test it out at one point.

Yeah! I'm quite pleased to report:

Bob pits by himself - short wait until the menu disappears and pit crew do work.
Bob pits on command - extremely long wait, in fact I lost a race finding out the hard way. Can't say exactly how long he waits, but I had to restart race.

Well then, I guess I underestimated PD's programming.

I still stand by my story in which I started the 24hours of LM (no chicane) in a Pescarolo C60/Judd '04, had to leave after about 3 hours in real life time (x3 B-spec speed), had 2 laps of lead on the 787B, came back home 2 hours later to find he 787B 2 laps ahead with a few hours of race left, and Bob never caught up in time. I never made the mistake of letting him drive alone again x)

@submaniac93 - perhaps with the last pitstop you accidentally set him to a softer compound tire meaning he was pitting a lot more often, giving the 787B lots of extra time on track to catch up and ultimately overtake him. Or maybe even a harder compound tire but then Bob ran out of fuel at one point and crawled to the pits at a snail's pace... there's definitely an explanation.

I currently have him running the 24hrs of Nürburgring in a GT-One (TS020). He's 6 laps ahead of 2nd with 13 hours gone so far. With some time dilation he'll be finished by this evening and then I can get stuck into the PD Formula Championship at last, looking forward to that one.

Oh right. It's very possible he ran out of juice at some point. LM and Nür are horrible in that sense cause fuel runs out in the most annoying of places. I was running Super Hards that time so yeah definitely possible.

Buy a disc drive cleaner? Could just be a slightly dusty laser - GT4 is notoriously fussy and it doesn't take much to get the red clock.

Been test driving the XJR-9 race car all evening on Le Mans and decided to use it for the 24hr race (with chicanes).
The Jaguar is a joy to drive stock, feels amazing around the course...

Bob is currently putting me through the mill @ Le Mans.
I drove for 3 hours and got at least 1 lap ahead of the field, he's been going 4 hours now and is 2:10.xxx ahead, and gradually losing time. Tried all manner of tire configurations for him but it means nothing when he barely cracks 200mph on Hunaudières between the chicanes (I can easily surpass 220mph). He goes faster if I... for God's sake... tell him to push hard, but then he pushes hard all race and crashes constantly. Unless of course I babysit him and increase pace each time he reaches a fast section which means I might as well do it myself :yuck:

Gonna go to bed and hope there isn't too much damage by morning, then I'll get things back into the good again and hand over to him and watch on in despair :lol:

Ah yeah the AI... something. AIs can't go over 200mph except on Superspeedway and Test Course in GT4. The reason is unknown to me, I always put it on the weird shaking they get, but yeah they cap reaaaally fast.

And as expected I woke up this morning to find him 2 laps down on 1st place.
I took over but the car felt completely alien to me, kept crashing and losing time so gave up and turned it off.
I'm not allowing Bob to register another 2000 miles in a race he lost me.

Decided to have another go. 3rd time lucky maybe :lol:

Started in a Formula GT - I only care about fair racing for A-Spec points, and since I won't get any in the 24hr races while I'm sharing the load with Bob, I went for the most OP car possible. We are 8 hours in and 4 laps up on 2nd place - most of that is from my stints, Bob maintains the lead just about and each time I take over I get the lead vastly increased.

What is annoying me though - when I'm driving I can comfortably get 6 laps done, and 7 at a push, before the rear tires are red.
Bob, on the other hand, can barely manage 4. The weird thing is he is utterly shredding the front tires on "reduced pace", which I cannot for the life of me understand since the car is an MR. He's losing any time he gains by pitting at least 2 laps before I would and 4 before any other AI car, so twice as much. This is why he is just about maintaining the lead I build up.

Any reason he is destroying the front tires? Reduced pace is the best setting I can use - he just about manages 4 laps this way, if I go for medium pace he has to pit every 3rd lap meaning the AI cars are catching up with him...

From experience, the shredding of front tires is due to the constant left-right shaking at high speeds by AIs. Combined with the reduced pace in which he shifts at lower RPM and slower cornering speeds and he manages to not be punishing enough on the rear tires anymore and so the front tires have time to die before the rear. Also, the F1 with Bob and other AIs is quite unstable on bumpy roads at high speeds (or Test Course's turns) and so they can sometimes veer into the walls at top speed and sloooooooooooooooowly come to a craw before it picks itself up from the wall and goes again. That's a glitch in the AI programming i'd say.

Well, 13 hours in and there is a 5-lap gap to 2nd. Bob has the occasional slide off the track at Mulsanne which doesn't seem to be making any difference to the overall race. I'm pretty confident we will be winning come 11am tomorrow, and after that only a single 24hr race remains (Le Sarthe II) which I'll be doing in the Minolta or R92CP, and whichever car I choose will be boosted to maximum power for another relatively easy race.

I want to get these mega endurance races out of the way early (I'm at 58.5% complete), and then Bob can be retired for good.
Absolute moron he is.

IMG_20181207_091742.jpg
IMG_20181207_091827.jpg

Bob did the business :D

And after some soul searching I discovered that he ROCKS in the Toyota 7 Race Car. He runs out of fuel long before he ever runs out of grip, so I'm able to put him on medium compound which is practically cheating :lol:

He's currently romping away @ Le Sarthe II :gtpflag:

Just out of curiosity, @RikkiGT-R, what is your B-Spec driver's rating? I had trained mine to something well over 7000 before doing any of the long enduros and he had no trouble with any of them. I'm wondering if you're bemoaning his lack of ability when you simply haven't trained him sufficiently. Incidentally I detest the term "Bob" for the B-Spec driver for what should be an obvious reason.

He's around 7350 and 98/75/73.

He's currently flying at Le Sarthe II, this race is going to be a doddle and that's all the long endurance races finished.
All that remains is 4hrs of Nürburgring which I'll be doing myself. As well as the Formula GT Championship (also doing myself) .

After that it's a multitude of manufacturer events, which I really enjoy and will earn loads of A-Spec points for.

Is anyone is tested the PAL 60GB PS3 (preferably a CECHC03) with GT4? Looking to play again, not sure if PS3 can even take a dual layer PS2-DVD properly

I'd especially have like results for the upscale support in PS3 emulator, and yes it will have to be PAL version on CECHC for this results as other NTSC varies: EE is not on PAL 60GB but GS is, EE/GS both on 20GB/40GB NTSC and neither with full software in NTSC 80GB I believe?

Also me and dad maybe thinking of playing the tourist trophy spinoff of GT4 when my PS3 arrives :3

Sorry for the appalling english I'm completely unable to make a post with proper sentences because feeling dizzy and ill but just need the help for this

Is anyone is tested the PAL 60GB PS3 (preferably a CECHC03) with GT4? Looking to play again, not sure if PS3 can even take a dual layer PS2-DVD properly

I'd especially have like results for the upscale support in PS3 emulator, and yes it will have to be PAL version on CECHC for this results as other NTSC varies: EE is not on PAL 60GB but GS is, EE/GS both on 20GB/40GB NTSC and neither with full software in NTSC 80GB I believe?

Also me and dad maybe thinking of playing the tourist trophy spinoff of GT4 when my PS3 arrives :3

Sorry for the appalling english I'm completely unable to make a post with proper sentences because feeling dizzy and ill but just need the help for this

Why not just play the HD Re-release of GT4? Native 1080p60 on the PS6...

Speed12_Chameleon_Green_Showroom2.png

sunset_pearl_yellow.png

Don't have a PS4 pro (only a normal one), don't really use PSN because I'm barely online gamer and I already own the original so why play a remaster :P

Didn't know that existed tho

Don't have a PS4 pro (only a normal one), don't really use PSN because I'm barely online gamer and I already own the original so why play a remaster :P

Didn't know that existed tho
PS4 Pro probably couldn't run it, it's a PS6 release title.

silver_stardust_met.png

Saleen S7 Yellow.png

I'm basically endgame (for GT4, anyway). Loads of money, just cleaning up events and collecting cars.

EDIT: and collecting paints too. So glad they copied over the paint chip thing from GT7

Last edited:
*AHEM* What's today's date? @flanylla lol
I can't even believe I fell for it. I should have remembered, that GT games will never be remastered because of music and car licence costs... thank god, because remasters are usually inferior to the originals anyway :P

But yeah, in all seriousness I looked and it seems GT4 fares really well on the PS3 CECHC03!

Back