Anyone still play GT4?

All gold in B, A, and iB so far. Starting on iA tonight once everyone is in bed and can't wait! I don't know why but the licenses seem easier now, perhaps me being a lot older (38) and having raised a bunch of kids into almost adulthood (so far) I have the patience of a saint :lol:

Maddeningly difficult to get gold:

A13 - that almost cost me a control pad, but since the pads are pretty rare nowadays I reigned in my anger. If the driving aids were off I would pass this test in a heartbeat. Constantly fighting with the car, understeer and oversteer... so damned annoying. The relief when I finally landed gold :bowdown:

iB13 - No matter what I tried, my ghost kept creeping past me on the race to the finish line. Could not for the life of me figure out why I was going slower, and even when I finally landed gold I have no idea what I did differently.

iB14 - Similar to the previous test, did the same thing each time and watched in horror as my ghost appeared just ahead of me as I crossed the line time and time again. No idea how I finally landed gold and frankly don't care :mad:

B-Spec:

Despite what I said previously, I think I'm gonna train my Bob up (God help me) to clear the longer endurance races. I don't think I can find the time to do the 24hr races, and with people in and out I can't risk my PS2 being accidentally reset/knocked while it sits on for many days at a time. I also can't bare the thought of 9 bloody hours of Tsukuba anyway.
I plan to do all other endurances that are doable in a single sitting, but the proper long ones will be assisted by Bob Idiot McStupid.

Despite it Mr. Bob can be smarter than the AI that follow a single path and they don’t know that you are there. And don’t forget you can speed everything up by x3, makes everything better.

@JakeMR2 - true. I'm gonna use the B-Spec method posted by @TigJackson many years ago:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/obtaining-better-b-spec-stats.61033/page-2#post-1580846

At least with that I'll have a genuine "goal" in using it. I've only ever used B-Spec randomly for races and let his skill build organically, the maximum I have achieved is about 8,500 B-Spec points. I won't push for 10,000 100/100/100 though, just get him good enough that I can trust him to race the longer endurances...

I have another question,
the Lexus IS Race Version (don’t know the exact name) only exist in korean version?? and not on the PAL & ntsc version??

And the another is Hyundai click race car also exists in Korean version. Is there any way to remove regional restrictions (or what you call that?) or hacks? thanks. PS. I have both NTSC and PAL.

Is there any way that can unlock 4 cars from kor version? the hyundai click, the tuscani??, lexus race car and other one. I dn't know.

The Tuscani variants of the Hyundai Coupe, the Click Race Car, the Lexus IS200 Race Car and I forget if the older gen Tuscani present in GTpsp is in that game are exclusive ot the Korean version and completely absent from PAL and USA (although the '03 Coupe on NTSC is the closest equivalent to it).

Sorry to intrude, but does anyone know if the G29 works at all with the PS2 GTs? I tried it but the buttons were not mapped correctly and I didn't know which setting to edit. I tried using the PS3/PS4 button but I don't think it made any difference.

1 license test left to gold; S-16, Merc e190 Evo II touring car @ Nürburgring.

A few of the S-License tests are surprisingly easy to gold, S-7 especially (SLR McLaren @ Trial Mountain), S-15 (Speed 8 @ Le Mans) was a doddle, S-14? (Chamonix) gold time was easily achieved. As long as I finish the lap on S-16 I'm usually around the 7-minute mark so gold is only a matter of time.

Tough tests were Saleen S7 @ Route 5 (ASM is maddening), Ford GT @ Seattle and for some weird reason the Takata NSX @ Tokyo... that made me want to gouge my own eyes out with a rusty spoon.

Heh, sounds like MR problems. MR/4wdMR cars have very strong lift-off oversteer in GT4. SW20 MR2 as well is hard to drive. Brake straight and accelerate early is pretty much required.

IMG_20181128_235346_618.jpg
IMG_20181128_235346_616.jpg
IMG_20181128_235540_394.jpg

I almost feel a bit sad now, no more license tests left to complete.
Still thinking about B-Spec, I might get Bob trained up to earn me money.

Nice job, I'm still at it with GT3, defeated Beginner league, then I'm now on Amateur League at this point, with some licenses to do. I dunno how good I'll be at GT4's tests, but I hope I do well.

Started training Bob last night. Within 8 family races @ Nürburgring he is already up to approximately 5800 and 60/50/50.

I've no ambitions in getting him perfect, as long as he's over 8000 and 80/80/80 I can trust him with endurance races.

@Volksauto - I completed M34 on my second attempt this time around. I lost control of the SLR towards the bottom of the last hill, flew across the grass, smashed into the lead car and both of us went spinning wildly off track. The time penalty didn't matter by then and I was able to cross the line first.
Keep meaning to do it again "properly".

Bob now 6200 and 83/62/61

Progress has slowed down after the initial huge increase. I'm leaving him to do random championships now with various cars as I was bored to tears with 2 laps of Nürburgring over and over :lol:
Although he's not entirely ready for endurance races, I'm leaving him to do the God-awful 9hrs of Tsukuba tonight while I sleep. The car will be vastly overpowered (compared to the field) but I'll make sure it is tuned really well so l'il Bob can drive it comfortably...

I hated these too long races where you could not save your progress or change drivers withinh the same. It felt wrong as nowhere on the world you have a 24h race with only 1 driver per car. So i bobbed these races with Formula car if possible. Didnt care about my bob's abilities that much :D
I'm preparing to play GT4 all over again on my PS3 some time in the future, but i dont wanna overheat my PS3 with these overly long and boooring races.

@karelpipa - when it comes to the loooong races I have absolutely no interest in them being even remotely close. I'll send my Bob onto Nürburgring 24hr race in a Class C at least (he'll lap the field many many times over). And for Le Sarthe 24rs I and II he'll have a fully upgraded Minolta or Formula GT, just to make sure they are won with ease :D

He's currently doing the Tsukuba 9hrs in a Honda Dualnote. Lapped 6th place after about 10 laps, so I'm comfortable it's a walk in the park for him.

The only thing you need to know when letting him do all the work is that that the time it takes for the pit stop menu to disappear is like 30 seconds or so, and only when it's gone will the pit crew actually do their job. I've lost the 24hour of Le Mans because of that, when I had multiple laps of lead over the 787B that put 3 laps of lead in just 2 hours of letting Bob drive...

@submaniac93 - I'll keep an eye on that, although in at least nine 24hr races I've never once even come close to one being a competition.
But now you've made me nervous about it :lol:

Well your car of choice was slow :)

Thing is, I started the race and Bob quickly jumped into first place, then built up a 30 second lead within a few laps. I simply assumed the RS6 was overpowered so went to bed and left him to it. I guess he was pitting more than the others to erase any lead he built up.

But fast enough to win! Great results. I would've been curling my toes.

Indeed :lol:
I'm glad I didn't watch, I'm sure he lost the lead plenty of times throughout the race with pit stops. I won't be repeating that particular race.

Thing is, I started the race and Bob quickly jumped into first place, then built up a 30 second lead within a few laps. I simply assumed the RS6 was overpowered so went to bed and left him to it. I guess he was pitting more than the others to erase any lead he built up.

Add 30 seconds per pit stop as the wait sequence that was meant upper here and you have a great deal of time lost :D

Back