Anyone still play GT4?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 4' started by ZDUPH, Mar 30, 2015.

1. JR98

JR98 Premium

Don’t know about the background but the Speed 12 (and NSX-R Proto/GT) look like models from Forza Horizon 4.

Marc30599 likes this.
  2. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Ah, they did look a bit forzaish. The NSX-R GT should've been a hint.

Marc30599 likes this.
  3. Croaker

Croaker

I got back into the game a few months ago and have been trying to get as many A-spec points as I can and collect all the cars. The events thread has been a massive help for everything and I'm now somewhere around 65,000 points without a single B-spec mile. I took a pretty long break (a month or so) after I finished one of the Le Mans 24 hour races. Anybody else around doing the same thing?

Marc30599, isamu and Volksauto like this.
  4. RonnyRace83

RonnyRace83

After grinding GT6 to death, nothing was able to satisfy my racing needs with everyday cars. I was just bored of 600hp+ races, because in reality i am giving it to potent small cars on the weekends. So there was no other option than playing GT4.

Even though the graphics and sound might feel a bit dated, i immediately fell in love with this game again, and after minutes into it, the graphics felt somehow current gen... i was drawn in again.

I am playing nothing else at the moment, this game is just the best racing game of them all. And i own all the new and older ones (AC, FM7, FH4, you name it). Nearly every new game does many things better than GT4. But when it comes to the "being a game" factor it is unbeaten yet! :)

5. Amazon

Amazon

Hi - In the year of 2019 I still find Gt4 fun. Always used different handcontrollers to get gold for the certificates, except for two obvious. I must try G27 also to see the end of it. Please help me to connect the wheel for Ps2. What do I need to get started and how do I manage the settings for GT4?

6. submaniac93

submaniac93

@Amazon if you're playing on an actual PS2 console, I know my 2005 PS2 Slim recognizes the G27 right away (and is considered by GT4 as a Driving Force Pro or one of the other compatible wheels in the game's settings). I'm assuming an older PS2 would also work right away. If you're on emulator, you'll need to get a plugin called USBqemu and find a tutorial on how to set it up. It took some fiddling around, but I did get it to work back in 2016.

7. Draggon

Draggon

I wish someone could tell me how to get the PS2 to work properly on an HDTV. The input lag with GT4 is horrible. Someone from Europe gave me the name of a device that worked for him but I was unable to get that in the states. The closest thing I found did not work.

8. Amazon

Amazon

Hi. You need a Ps2 composite cable to get the 1080 pixels out. The default signal is around 720. You must also have a HD-TV with a scart connection. I don't think Any HDMI work on the Ps2. The lag is horrible when you drive GT4. I believe there is half a second delay between what you see and what's real. It's OK If you only want to watch replays in a proudly manner.

Draggon likes this.
  9. Amazon

Amazon

I have 2 fine Ps2 consols - thick ones. When I tried the wheel settings the upper steering post was grey. The wheel is OK in Windows 10. The only movement I could get was when I connected it from start. The it moved a couple of times. I tested this with a HDMI transformation and a new TV. I will try this again with my old thick-TV and see if it works.
    Thank you so much for the answer. Didn't think the interest was big enough.

10. teth75

teth75

Just started playing again on emulation. Done 2 licenses a few Arcade races and halfway through beginner cups. What cars do i need for RWD, lightweight and MR? I haven't brought anything yet and I've got about 25,000 cr

11. teth75

teth75

Last time i went back i had a PS2, a 720p plasma and G27. It played and looked great then. Now on Emulation at 1440p with a 360 controller it's great all over again! (After a fair bit of controller tweaking that is)

12. 2_FAST_4_U

2_FAST_4_U

Of late I have also been going back to GT4 more and more often. Having the NTSC version allows it to run racing and replays in 1080i as many know without any PS2 modifications. It is a pretty darn good graphics display considering the games age. It also has a great photo mode which I like and offers all those great ol’ GT circuits with plenty of cars too. Retro gaming is becoming more and more popular and as I play exclusively GT 3-4-5-6 I kept my 1080P big screen and PS2-PS3. I have also read complaints that many 4K TV’s don’t like or fare well with the old PS2-PS3 consoles and games. GT4 just has that warm feeling about it and never seems to get boring like those other online real money grabbing online games. Especially having to buy all that extra stuff such as a new 4K TV, wheel, pedals, sign up charges, DLC charges, etc, and the piggy bank shrinkage list goes on and on...

CD47362F-0604-4163-89CD-E4FFCDE5D5F3.jpeg

RonnyRace83 and Volksauto like this.
  13. iyohato

iyohato

The car looks pretty happy with itself. Is that El Capitan, probably my favourite course in the entire series?

The 1080i thing is eh, a gimmick, it’s not “true” 1080i... and I suspect it was removed from the PAL version because RGB SCART doesn’t seem to support progressive (or anything above 576i/480i). That’s not to say the game isn’t insanely detailed for a PS2 title... it kinda proves the worth of those older computers and consoles in a way, though: further into their lifespan we see more impressive stuff pushed onto them over time. The PS2 is a great example, even comparing GT2000 graphics to GT3 graphics.

2_FAST_4_U likes this.
  14. 2_FAST_4_U

2_FAST_4_U

Well I don't use the RCB cables for GT4 in 1080i, rather, I use the component HDMI cables. With that said, yes I have some old videos that I could post sometime that are unaltered and look really detailed in my NTSC 1080i mode even though they were filmed right off my older plasma TV screen with a older iPhone. The Option Stream photo seems to be right after the El Capitan tunnel into that jump area heading back downhill. I was there in Nevada when Jun crashed and at the time hardly could believe he walked away from what I viewed. It was one of my favorite cars in GT4, not because of performance, but the livery and those colors it just looked so cool to me and my grandson at that time. I became a pic collector of the car and that photo is one of them... Here's some of my fav others of which some I took and some are that of others. The crashed car was a bit different in livery than that of the GT4 car, but I also have show photos of the GT4 car which are the real deal. Also a link to the actual crash video...

Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 (1).jpg Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 (2).jpg Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 (3).jpg Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 (4).jpg Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 (5).jpg Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 (6).jpg Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 (7).jpg Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 (8).jpg Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 (9).jpg Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 (10).jpg Nissan OPTION Stream Z '04 (11).jpg Option Stream Z Nevada Crash (1).jpg Option Stream Z Nevada Crash (2).jpg Option Stream Z Nevada Crash (3).jpg Real Option Stream Z (1).jpg Real Option Stream Z (2).jpg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Leovizzz and iyohato like this.
  15. iyohato

iyohato

That livery is cool... and wow, that video is pretty mind blowing, I can’t say any more really about it but the car deserves to have its wrecked body kept preserved for basically saving that guy’s life with its safety quite honestly (top comment says he burst the tyre at over 300kph, and then rolled over at 240kph)... makes me think really.

Design wise it reminds me of the orange Silvia from GT2, a car I really like actually. I also happen to like the colour orange, it doesn’t suit road cars often but it sure looks good on racing models :)

2_FAST_4_U likes this.