Anyone still play GT4?

Thanks, same to you!

Thankfully I have completed all of the missions, I do just have to gold all of the licence tests. 53 left to do as of yesterday. For some reason I couldn't (maybe be bothered) get all gold in the B licence but managed to do it in A. Weird.

For those of you who have done a lot or all of the races, @2_FAST_4_U, @GTPVenomZombie, @fordlaser, would you be able to check the status of your trophy for the Motegi Super Speedway 150 mile enduro? I was checking through all mine and for some reason, for that race, even though I've won it (I checked back in the race diary to confirm) the trophy is showing as bronze. I'll have to try running it again and see if it changes or if it's a bug.

Cheers.:cheers:
Unfortunately I haven’t unlocked the endurance hall yet. I have on my PS2 but only issue is that it’s in the loft somewhere. I’m doing a play through on the PS3 atm on GT4, trying to get every car upgraded and I’m 40 something pages out of 61 completed atm. Hope the other guys can get the information you need though. :)👍

Thanks, same to you!

Thankfully I have completed all of the missions, I do just have to gold all of the licence tests. 53 left to do as of yesterday. For some reason I couldn't (maybe be bothered) get all gold in the B licence but managed to do it in A. Weird.

For those of you who have done a lot or all of the races, @2_FAST_4_U, @GTPVenomZombie, @fordlaser, would you be able to check the status of your trophy for the Motegi Super Speedway 150 mile enduro? I was checking through all mine and for some reason, for that race, even though I've won it (I checked back in the race diary to confirm) the trophy is showing as bronze. I'll have to try running it again and see if it changes or if it's a bug.

Cheers.:cheers:

Can I ask you a question? Theoretically if I am skilled enough to gold IA15 and S license Mission 34 should be a breeze right if I maintain a calm mind? I was still young the last time I did M34 I was only 19 years old and my reflexes and reaction times were better. I'm over 30 now and it shows a little.

Geez I'm a weirdo getting anxious over a racing game lol!

Unfortunately I haven’t unlocked the endurance hall yet. I have on my PS2 but only issue is that it’s in the loft somewhere. I’m doing a play through on the PS3 atm on GT4, trying to get every car upgraded and I’m 40 something pages out of 61 completed atm. Hope the other guys can get the information you need though. :)👍

Ah ok, well thanks for sharing. All the best for your current play through. :cheers:

Can I ask you a question? Theoretically if I am skilled enough to gold IA15 and S license Mission 34 should be a breeze right if I maintain a calm mind? I was still young the last time I did M34 I was only 19 years old and my reflexes and reaction times were better. I'm over 30 now and it shows a little.

Geez I'm a weirdo getting anxious over a racing game lol!

Well considering that I haven't gotten gold on S15 I don't think, I would say you stand a pretty good chance. It is mostly about staying calm but really knowing the circuit is a good help too.

I did the DTC championship with every DTM car loads of times always trying to get a faster lap and I think that helped quite a bit. After that my first load of runs in the mission itself were just getting used to the car and then passing the others as quickly as possible were I caught them. It took a good lot of tries but I got there in the end. As you will too.👍

I'm of a similar vintage to you so I'm in the same boat when it comes to reactions etc. I'm still struggling to get used to the way of driving in GT4 on a controller again. I found the analogue stick too quick to react so I went to the D-pad and had better results. I need to get my wheel set up!

Good luck with it anyway and keep getting excited about it, it makes it far more rewarding when you do well!:D

play it on the 60GB PS3 again

I'm back at GT4 on a 60GB PS3, too. Played GT SPORT a lot in the last months, but now i feel like playing this jewel of racing game again.

'm still struggling to get used to the way of driving in GT4 on a controller again. I found the analogue stick too quick to react

I'm playing it on a DS3 and it is really twitchy, but after a while it is quite manageable. Just cleared the Superbird Mission in Seattle... well, it was an.. experience... :lol:

I was still young the last time I did M34 I was only 19 years old and my reflexes and reaction times were better. I'm over 30 now and it shows a little.

I'm of a similar vintage to you so I'm in the same boat when it comes to reactions etc.

As you can see, I'm also well over 30 years of age. But i find my racing skills more and more refined. Didn't care about clean lines etc. back then, so i'm really much faster now. And if it wouldn't be like that, i wouldn't admit it...:lol:

At the moment I’ve been upgrading all the cars in the game. Well so far I’ve got 44/45 pages done out of 61 in the garage. Once I’ve got them all upgraded I’m gonna win all the prize cars then upgrade them too. Got unlimited money lol. However I’ve already completed GT4 in another save on the PS2 & the PS3. So this time round I’m upgrading all the cars in the game. Also binge watching series’s on Amazon Prime while I do it so I’m not bored.

When the cars have been upgraded I usually take them for a spin in Race meeting on various tracks. Pretty interesting when you’ve got a fully upgraded Mitsubishi Colt ‘02 and you’re up against Dodge Vipers, Zonda’s and such.

YESS!! I completed Mission 34 with my DFP after two days of attempts!:drool::D I was expecting it to take me weeks.. thank goodness that wasn't the case! I only won by :837 miliseconds though. Here's my picture...

IMG_20200519_203751027.jpg

I also got all golds on IA yesterday before starting my M34 attempts.:) It went really smoothly. I golded IA15 on my first attempt and beat the gold time by around 11-12 seconds which was nice.. here's my picture...

IMG_20200518_175251034.jpg

Time to just take all these pleasant feeling of success in and relax eat dinner and watch a good movie.

Well done @Raine! 👍

That must be a big delight to get that out of the way. 24 hour race next is it?:D

Thanks! Not yet haha I'm going to work on getting S license golds which sounds fun. From there I'm going to finally start doing the normal races. I wanted to get all the hard crazy stuff done and leisurely enjoy the rest of the game. I wish the a spec points system worked differently though. I never plan on racing the full 24 hour enduros on a spec I only do 8 hours and leave the rest to my two 'imaginary' b spec drivers "Micheal" and "Claire" like in real life how three drivers share the burden in a team. i just think it would be nice if you'd get 1/3rd aspec for doing 8 hours and the last 2/3 for bspec... oh well.

Man the s license golds are harder than I remember them being dang! It took me literally 14 attempts to gold S1! and 3 to gold S2 which isn't bad I love the Citti Di Aria(spelling). I'm looking forward to the S16 because I've passed m34 and did at least 50 laps around the nurb overall many for fun in different cars so in all honesty it may be my easier one as I've ran that course more than any this playthrough.

I wish the GT4 forum was as active as it was in 2005-2008:( I miss those old days.

Just won a 199 points race!

Fully upgraded Fiat 500 R ‘72 vs a field of 276 - 400hp powered cars on Fuji 80’s. Pretty fun race lol.

Wow that must've been a tough and very close race.:scared: Congrats!👍
Literally just scraped a win with an NSX-R Concept about a second behind me haha but thank you! :cheers:

Would NOT recommend fully upgrading the Land Rover Stormer Concept. It becomes undriveable when fully upgraded, the thing is horrendous. It can`t even reach 130mph on a straight at 600hp+!

Literally just scraped a win with an NSX-R Concept about a second behind me haha but thank you! :cheers:

Would NOT recommend fully upgrading the Land Rover Stormer Concept. It becomes undriveable when fully upgraded, the thing is horrendous. It can`t even reach 130mph on a straight at 600hp+!

Even with tcs on! lol. I won it a couple of days ago but haven't driven it yet

I desperately need help if anyone is willing! I can't seem to win Chomanix Rally(HARD) REVERSE granted I only attempted 8 times in the Toyota RAV4 Rally machine. That thing spins out on on the 5th corner all the time! Even if I use like 1/6th throttle and gentle steering. I've tried changing setting too geez. Is this machine just not meant for this type of track. I mean I golded Chomanix in super license but that was a different car. Should I use the license test car used in the license test because I'm used to it? I also faintly remember the Dodge Ram Laraime Hemi being some kind of super machine.. now that I think of it I may have used the Ram in my 2008 playthrough and won well but my memory is foggy.

Any tips please?

PS Why the bloody hell do you have to buy Dirt Tires for RALLY cars in this game??!

I desperately need help if anyone is willing! I can't seem to win Chomanix Rally(HARD) REVERSE granted I only attempted 8 times in the Toyota RAV4 Rally machine. That thing spins out on on the 5th corner all the time! Even if I use like 1/6th throttle and gentle steering. I've tried changing setting too geez. Is this machine just not meant for this type of track. I mean I golded Chomanix in super license but that was a different car. Should I use the license test car used in the license test because I'm used to it? I also faintly remember the Dodge Ram Laraime Hemi being some kind of super machine.. now that I think of it I may have used the Ram in my 2008 playthrough and won well but my memory is foggy.

Any tips please?

PS Why the bloody hell do you have to buy Dirt Tires for RALLY cars in this game??!

I'm pretty sure I just used the Lancer Super Rally car or the '03 Impreza. I don't think I used any other rally cars in the game.

Thanks man. Well I decided to use a fully tuned Dodge Ram Laraime Hemi and aced Hard Chomanix, Ice Arena, and grand Canyon as well as Medium versions of those. I used the 2001 Imprezza Rally car for many of the other Hard events like Smoky Mountain, Cathedral Rocks, Tahiti etc with much success. I then used my wonderful 835 hp RX-8 LM for the Hard Citti type city courses and Paris and smoked it easy. But damn driving that beast on Amalfia with that power was intense!! Now I just have to do Cumbria tomorrow with my RX-8 LM and the hard special conditions will be done besides Tsukuba wet which I'll use a group c car for later. Basically I only have the easier Special Conditions now all the mediums and easy ones left! It's smooth sailing for here on. The only really hard races after special conditions will be the Vauxhall championship.

With all that said.. man the AI really gets it easy they can ram into you and not get penalties. That kept happening to me on HARD Cathedral Rocks normal.. the AI would ram into me at the start even when I'd be trying to move away and avoid it and I'd get the penalty. This type pf logic justifies wallriding to be honest.

I cant wait until Special Conditions is done because I enjoy the circuit racing way more, they messed up the rallying in this.

EDIT: Awesome all the Special Conditions Hall is done! I beat the Sauber C9 with my 835 HP Mazda RX8 LM which was nice and unexpected, it was a 195 point race too.

EDIT#2: Superb now all the Mission Hall is done too.

Last edited:
This is just great to read. I mean, we are getting exited about this game... nearly 15 years after its release. Because it offers a real challenge and is just fun to play. Even today. What a legendary piece of work GT4 is. 👍:bowdown:

This is just great to read. I mean, we are getting exited about this game... nearly 15 years after its release. Because it offers a real challenge and is just fun to play. Even today. What a legendary piece of work GT4 is. 👍:bowdown:

Agreed.

I dug out my Driving Force Pro over the weekend and tested it out. The pedals needed a bit of a clean out of dust and hair but they are working perfectly now. I have a bit of work to do to get my speed back up to a competitive level though. I've tried a few Arcade races with level 3-5 AI and the results were mixed.:lol: But that's part of the fun isn't it.

I have been considering starting a new save file to get the black 787B, R92CP, R390GT1 and GT-One to trade to my main save. I missed them on the days they were in the dealerships due to not having enough money and stupidly thinking they would be back again. But I'm waaaay past the time they would appear for the third time.

How long can a fat ps2 be left running before overheating or suffering permanent damages or decrease in performance? I'd love to aspec the whole 24 hours of Nurb but I'm concerned about my ps2. My ps2 seems to stay cool for long periods but I've never left it on for for than 10 hours. Technically would my ps2 be still perfectly fine if I left it on for three days racing 8 hours a day in a insulated area with a fan blowing on it at max?

I'm just curious because I may want to try that. Granted in real life race car drivers in 24 hour endurances have teams of three sharing 8 hour shifts. So I should just do 8 hours and leave the rest to be "two" b spec drivers.. hmm.

How long can a fat ps2 be left running before overheating or suffering permanent damages or decrease in performance? I'd love to aspec the whole 24 hours of Nurb but I'm concerned about my ps2. My ps2 seems to stay cool for long periods but I've never left it on for for than 10 hours. Technically would my ps2 be still perfectly fine if I left it on for three days racing 8 hours a day in a insulated area with a fan blowing on it at max?

I'm just curious because I may want to try that. Granted in real life race car drivers in 24 hour endurances have teams of three sharing 8 hour shifts. So I should just do 8 hours and leave the rest to be "two" b spec drivers.. hmm.

Or get two friends trained up and do it properly! I would have loved to have done this. :D

No, you should be fine with leaving it on and having your fan blowing at it. Leaving it paused for ages probably won't do it any good though so using B-spec is the best option for the health of your console.

Or get two friends trained up and do it properly! I would have loved to have done this. :D

No, you should be fine with leaving it on and having your fan blowing at it. Leaving it paused for ages probably won't do it any good though so using B-spec is the best option for the health of your console.

I wish I had friends(I could click with according to my elevated standards) I'm an outsider and a loner.. half voluntary and half involuntary if that makes sense.:confused: I'll keep your advice in mind. It turns out my next goal is completing the European Events "1000 Miles!". I'm doing the Nurburgring and Circuit De La Sarthe in aspec with n3 tires and only racing tranny and suspension and engine tuneups and sports exhaust. I'm only going to have those equipped if I face the 300sl though if the grid is slower I'll leave the hp increases off. For Monaco and Opera I'll give it to b spec Jessica and Markus. They'll run with a whole array of removable performance parts including sports hards as they are not as good a driver as me so they need the help lol. I was mainly inspired to use the Cosmo because it's a legendary car that competed in the "Marathon de la Route" in real life during it's trial runs and performed remarkably two finished the race one retired finishing in the top 10 out of 44 contestants their standings were 4th and 5th. The rally was insane spanning 82-84 hours!! Here's a link to the article about it's history if interested it's a great read....

https://japanesenostalgiccar.com/motorsport-mazda-cosmo-sport-marathon-de-la-route/

The real marathon rally event reminds me a lot of this race in the game too. Yep the Cosmo Sport is also my avatar it's such a beautiful legendary car. I wish I had one but they're collectors cars worth over 100k these days.

EDIT: I just finished aspecing the first race at Nurb with my Cosmo. I had it tuned a bit because I wanted to face the 300sl. I had oil change done, racing exhaust, performance chip(lol in a car with no ecu haha) racing suspension, triple plate clutch, carbon driveshaft, sports brakes, and racing tranny. my HP was 138. I didn't do any weight reduction and raced on sports hard like the computer does. The car handled well and the 300sl kept me on my toes a little but by the end of the race I was 2 minutes and 8 seconds ahead of the 300sl. My pit plan was after every 5 laps while the 300sl pitted every 6th. My fasted lap was 8:54:768.

That was soo fun I may aspec them all but my wheel stand is getting weakened and Opera and Monaco have way too many tight corners wherein you have to rotate the wheel hard and fast far too frequently so I most likely will leave those to bpsec drivers Jessica and Markus. I am however doing La Sarthe because I need more training on that course. The last section with all the high speed bends still gives me problems and I need to perfect that section. I may just remove my chip and exhaust and put my stage 2 turbo on for that race just to be safe.

I've never completed this event in my other playthrough 12 years ago. It'll be nice to finish this!

EDIT: The 1000 Miles! Is done I aspec'd half of it. Man this game has some boring ridiculous races though. I just said screw it to the Tsukuba 9 hour and had bspec do it.

Last edited:
I still play Gran Turismo serie :

- GT1 and GT2 on PSP
- GT3 and GT4 on PS2
- GT Sport on PS4 Pro

But i'm nostalgic of the 2 because it was my first GT game.
On PS2, I don't know wich is my favorite title. I prefer the GT3 graphics, physics and GT Mode but the 4 have a so big content.
I'm not a big fan of GT Sport because of the online driven development.

Actualy I'm little sad of the lack of solo campagne on modern games.
Forza is weird, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars have all unlocked, GRID is not good...

It's the main reason why I still play with old GT Games (2, 3, 4 and Concept for the fun).

Recently came back to it and completed all licenses with gold time and all missions (which is very fun except for mission 34) while keeping days at a bare minimum, currently playing on and off but now on the 200 A-Spec points road which is very tedious.

20201015_122742.jpg

20201015_123504.jpg

20201102_120411.jpg

20201102_120430.jpg

Recently came back to it and completed all licenses with gold time and all missions (which is very fun except for mission 34) while keeping days at a bare minimum, currently playing on and off but now on the 200 A-Spec points road which is tedious.

Nice. I'm still yet to complete Mission 34 (NTSC) on my PS3 save, so that R89C is still waiting for me. I haven't booted up GT4 in a while since lately its either been GT3 or the GT5 LAN for me. The saves at 69% completion right now so it might be time to hop back on and finish the ones that remain.

Nice. I'm still yet to complete Mission 34 (NTSC) on my PS3 save

Is Mission 34(NTSC version) actually possible to get Gold on? Many people in the past have said it's virtually impossible unless you're a mega alien spending hundreds of hours on the mission.

You can do it, it's honestly a bit tricky to pass the 300 SL. However I'd say you'd have a more tougher time on Red Bull X2010 Challenge in GT5 than Mission 34 ever could.

You have to be real fast and consistent most of the way through, the SLR tends to understeer but sometimes you can accelerate out in high speed sections, but I'd say keep in mind your braking.

Back