April update???

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 126 comments
Honestly, I wonder if a track creator using some built-in templates (Kyoto, Dragon Trail, etc.) would be feasible at this point. While I’m always up for new tracks, I’d be pretty happy with something like that - or an event creator.
I very much doubt anything that radical would happen.

There’s hope for one popular European GP track to return. But beyond that I wouldn’t expect much.

I very much doubt anything that radical would happen.

There’s hope for one popular European GP track to return. But beyond that I wouldn’t expect much.

I’m not really anticipating much during this time period, either. We were already expecting a lean year in terms of new content. If anything, they could fast track some of that content, but that would likely be it. I was just curious about the feasibility of a track creator, even a very limited one..

Honestly, I wonder if a track creator using some built-in templates (Kyoto, Dragon Trail, etc.) would be feasible at this point. While I’m always up for new tracks, I’d be pretty happy with something like that - or an event creator.
I'm of the opinion that the fictional tracks we currently have were made with an advanced version of the old course editor. They just have that feel about them...

I’m not really anticipating much during this time period, either. We were already expecting a lean year in terms of new content. If anything, they could fast track some of that content, but that would likely be it. I was just curious about the feasibility of a track creator, even a very limited one..
I’m thinking any plans for the next 6 months of the year went out of the window. It’s an IF, a big IF. But if they had content ready to go......I would be doing everything I could to get that out before the end of May.

I think the name of this thread should be changed to April Update???

I think it should just be closed, what purpose does it serve? Its just another wishlist. We got our last update less than 2 months ago. They clearly stated the updates would be less frequent yet now, because of Covid, people seem to think that suddenly it's the perfect opportunity for them to give an update. I feel like i'm in a very small (but correct) minority who sees the stupidity and desperation of people sometimes.

I think it should just be closed, what purpose does it serve? Its just another wishlist. We got our last update less than 2 months ago. They clearly stated the updates would be less frequent yet now, because of Covid, people seem to think that suddenly it's the perfect opportunity for them to give an update. I feel like i'm in a very small (but correct) minority who sees the stupidity and desperation of people sometimes.

I agree. That and the fact that PD have already told us what's coming in the next update.

Eh I'm not a fan of closing threads just because some people dont like the discussion... you can always decide to not venture into threads that dont interest you.

People only talk because its been a long time and the communication is limited to say the least.

Now we're running out of the 1st quarter and there's just been that one update for this ywar.

LOL

This is still the premiere auto title for the best selling console this generation right?

I think the name of this thread should be changed to April Update???

"Aprli update"

Sod it, close enough.

Back on topic, there's a bit of a gap between Manufacturer's Round 10 (April 19) and Nation's Round 11 (April 25). I wouldn't hold my breath, especially considering it's the second last week of the month, but still... hmm.

"Aprli update"

Sod it, close enough.

Back on topic, there's a bit of a gap between Manufacturer's Round 10 (April 19) and Nation's Round 11 (April 25). I wouldn't hold my breath, especially considering it's the second last week of the month, but still... hmm.

Yes + the penalty system changes.

The penalty system changes are due before April 25th according to the original announcement.

The RX3 is due in May according to the original announcement.

Other than that, we know nothing official.

Even that timing is uncertain with the current climate.

I dont consider that anyone should expect anything more than that.

However, that's not to say it's wrong to consider what may already be completed that has been previously advertised, and perhaps being held back for later in the year.

For instance, the Lambo VGT was unveiled 6 months ago. Only PD knows the current position with that, but it's not unreasonable to hypothesise that that may already be completed and if so, it could be available to be released early if PD and Lamborghini are willing and ready and able to do so.

That's very different from random wish listing.

This is a discussion forum for a videogame. If people can regale us with stories of their personal FIA race exploits. I’m sure there’s a place to discuss upcoming updates for the wider community. Not least because PD broke convention and already informed us about some significant upcoming updates.

For your information I’m aware of certain unannounced content planned for release. The question continues to be when said content will come out.

The Covid situation has changed the entertainment industry overnight. None more so than video games. Any past communication is now irrelevant. With the massive upsurge in player numbers, and a likelihood, lockdowns and restrictions will continue through to summer. Plans will need to change to adapt to the way of the world. That goes both for PD’s own working practices and the needs of the community.

So yes. I do think there’s a need for such a thread. We don’t need to put a date on it. For all we know PD could still release content piecemeal. But they could also be planning one larger content drop. Putting a full-stop under GT Sport support and moving all the team onto their next-gen project.

images (63).jpeg

Covid was not the reason given for less updates. In fact, no reason was given at all. One would assume it's because they are concentrating more man power on GT7. I'm about 98% certain we will see an update this month that will include the list of changes they released a week ago, plus a handful of cars that will include the Mazda Gr.3.

True but even when they do the community is acting like they don't care asking stuff like "more cars please " etc.
I don't disagree with your comment BUT when a company produces a product with a huge fan base like they have they should communicate much better. Other developers do a better job at this. A much better job. It is essential in todays atmosphere.

Unless people play in leagues, the most anyone can hope( I guess rather expect) for, are Gr.3 and GR.4 cars.

Not everyone races online, but those two classes are catered to the most.
No matter there are more N-class(100-1000) in the game full stop

Having anything other than GT.3/4, relegates the other majority of those other cars, to the Scapes pile.
Players on here, aren't that keen with GTLeague. A fair amount, here, do race in leagues, but not many in various other lobby activity.

This is not a downer post, it's more of the same about PD learning from how they categorise car choices. Hopefully, learning from GTS and making it better for the next game.

And when did i ever state that was the reason for the announcement of less frequent updates?

Your punctuation might be off slightly.

Back