April update???

• Thread starter nickf1gr
  • 126 comments
With everyone staying at home and forced in the virtual driving world INCLUDING the max verstappens of the world, this is prime time for every simulator on the market to step up their game and show why they're the best during this period where they have a captive audience.

Its a mistake to slow down when the virtual community is in fact using their services more than ever in history in fact.

Hasnt Steam passed 20 mil. concurrent logins?

I think Turn 10 has given up with only Horizon being truly current right now.

PD should be in there with us in lockdown. Unless its doing a Forza 7 in caretaker mode until the next gens come out.

I do get that they need to take measures but then so does every company.

It also has to be taken to account, even if PDI employees are working from home, if anyone on the team are ill, it slows any aspect of progress.

It was a rocky start, but I'm happy with how Polyphony has supported GT Sport over the past 2.5 years and I don't think we should expect the devs to cater to us during a pandemic. I'm totally fine with no new updates whatsoever if it means they can use the time to work on GT7 without a major crunch. Kaz has mentioned that GT7 has been in development since 2013 so hopefully it's close to finished. I know Polyphony are perfectionists, but 7 years is far too long even for their standards, and I fully expect GT7 to be a PS5 launch title (or early-mid 2021). The pandemic is as good of an excuse as any to shift all their resources and attention towards GT7.

Finaly no update in March... i hope for the near future with difficult circumstanses in front of us....

Last edited:
Well, we know theres an update due before 25 April with all the Sport mode changes already announced.

I wouldn't expect anything more than that, though.

They need PS4 (and PS5) dev-kits to make their game - I doubt they are allowed to take them home. Furthermore, with the world-wide travel restrictions (if not outright bans) they can't send their teams out to scan new cars and tracks - it might very well delay the next GT game, too. And while this pandemic might be over in a couple of months, the economic consequences will be felt long after, sadly.

Not entirely true, developers also have official emulators / virtual machines with the same exact specs as the dev kits.

Other than duplicates of gift cars, GT Sport does give us all the cars we need. The economy isn't bad at all, for where we can use all the cars.

From Gr.N100-1000, a player only needs 15,000-300,000Cr.

Gr.4, Gr.B, Gr.3, 350,000-450,000

Gr.X, Gr.1, 80,000-1,000,000

A Gr.X nostalgia car, can be had for the "cheap" price of 2,000,000(AMG)

Completing Circuit Experience(CE) leaves a player with about 5,000,000Cr. Also, CE gifts(it's gifted me) a car in each category(Gr.N-Gr.X).

If players look at their first car, depending on drive train, it can probably be used in a great deal of races.

The problem, in past GTs, we could use one car for maybe 3/4 of those games.
How it is now, I need a META of the week car, I need a META FIA car in each category, I need two speciality formula cars just incase it s a One Make, I need a META car for a Time Trial, I need a META car GT League, etc.

It's those types of holes in the game that make the economy seem bad. It's really not bad.

It was a rocky start, but I'm happy with how Polyphony has supported GT Sport over the past 2.5 years and I don't think we should expect the devs to cater to us during a pandemic. I'm totally fine with no new updates whatsoever if it means they can use the time to work on GT7 without a major crunch. Kaz has mentioned that GT7 has been in development since 2013 so hopefully it's close to finished. I know Polyphony are perfectionists, but 7 years is far too long even for their standards, and I fully expect GT7 to be a PS5 launch title (or early-mid 2021). The pandemic is as good of an excuse as any to shift all their resources and attention towards GT7.
I think at the time when he was mentioning GT7 he was referring to GT Sport

Not entirely true, developers also have official emulators / virtual machines with the same exact specs as the dev kits.

That's interesting. Searching Google for "Official Sony PlayStation 4 emulator" didn't get any results. Neither did searching for "Official Sony PlayStation 4 virtual machine." Can you share a link to back this claim up?

That's interesting. Searching Google for "Official Sony PlayStation 4 emulator" didn't get any results. Neither did searching for "Official Sony PlayStation 4 virtual machine." Can you share a link to back this claim up?

I can link to previous generations of leaked official ones, but current generation is under nda.

I am perfectly aware that emulators of (and for) various platforms exists - nothing new there.

What you claimed, though, was that Sony provides PS4 developers with official PlayStation 4 emulators running on off-the-shelf PCs. Nothing in your post backs that extraordinary claim up.

And I don't even want to touch upon your other software development-related claims.

I am perfectly aware that emulators of (and for) various platforms exists - nothing new there.

What you claimed, though, was that Sony provides PS4 developers with official PlayStation 4 emulators running on off-the-shelf PCs. Nothing in your post backs that extraordinary claim up.

And I don't even want to touch upon your other software development-related claims.

You think PSNow works on stacks of PS3 & PS4s with a poor guy swapping out the discs every-time somebody decides to play a different game, or is it perhaps a server setup that runs multiple emulator instances pulling the game data off a temporary ram cache for extra speed that serves those instances?

If you view a game executable in a hex editor you’ll see the remaining code from all the systems it was coded for, like I said it’s compiled for the target cpu / gpu and the translation is handled by the toolchain.

Believe it or not but the earlier GT 2000 concept / prototype can actually be ran on ps1 hardware too with a bit of trickery

Last edited:
You think PSNow works on stacks of PS3 & PS4s with a poor guy swapping out the discs every-time somebody decides to play a different game
The discussion wasn't about PSNow, but PS4 software development. Shifting goal posts much?

If you view a game executable in a hex editor you’ll see the remaining code from all the systems it was coded for, like I said it’s compiled for the target cpu / gpu and the translation is handled by the toolchain.
Listen here, wise guy. I'm old enough that I've used hex editors from before they were called hex editors (they were known as machine language monitors then.) Also, through the years, I've reverse-engineered the "interesting" parts of a lot of games/software targeted at several distinct CPU architectures; never have I seen what you're talking about (and I have come across a lot of "sub-optimal" solutions) - to be quite frank (and with all due respect,) I don't think you know what you're talking about, and that you're are full of BS.

Heard a few whispers PD are fast tracking content to serve the large bump in player numbers during the current situation.

We know of all new content like the upcoming Mazda Gr.3. But I do wonder how much completed content they have in their locker. Originally planned to be be served up through the year.

After the preview they recently posted and the fact we should be getting the Mazda before the new (delayed) FIA season plus a promised Lambo VGT, my guess is that we're getting a pretty big update this month.

Honestly, I wonder if a track creator using some built-in templates (Kyoto, Dragon Trail, etc.) would be feasible at this point. While I’m always up for new tracks, I’d be pretty happy with something like that - or an event creator.

Back