Are you be done with GT6 because of GT Sport being announced?

Are you sticking with GT6 still or you done with it after GT Sport announcing?

• Total voters
The fact that it takes that much effort to move between games here is crazy, Plug your system into the wall and be done with it. I can play most racing games without having to adjust to the physics. I can't be the only one who thinks it's possible to play more than one game at a time without leaving the other?

It's not so much that one can't play more than one game at a time, or that it takes a lot of effort to change. It's just that there's no real reason to play some games.

I've still got my PS3 and GT6. It's still plugged in. But if I want online racing, I go play iRacing. If I want to hotlap, I play Assetto Corsa. If I want single player racing, I play pCARS. If I want rally, I've got Dirt Rally or Dirt 3. If I want tuning or liveries, I've still got FM4. If I want open world cruising, I've got FH1. If I want some casual racing, I've got Grid or Wipeout. Burnout Paradise if I want to smash stuff. Euro Truck Sim 2 if I just want to relax.

It ends up that I find that there's basically no situation where I say to myself "GT6 would be the best game for what I want to do tonight". Photomode, maybe, but I'm not a photomode guy. On the rare occasion that I find myself with a hankering for that Gran Turismo style, I put in GT5P.

I had hoped that GT6 would find a purpose with the course maker, but that hasn't happened. It's such a pain to use and so limited that I just can't be bothered. When I have that itch for a new track I just go download something for AC or rF2 instead.

Nope. Gran Turismo Sport is unfortunately not going to be enough to sell me a PlayStation 4.

Even with the recent price drop, deals going around, and everything else, the cost to own a PlayStation 4 is still way too high for me at this point, as well as for a few others I'm sure. $350 for the console, up to $50 for a PlayStation Plus subscription, along with any other unexpected mandatory expenses that may arise, all combined with sales tax- I wouldn't wanna put down all of that cash just to play one game.

Gran Turismo 5 had me buying a PS3, for sure, but $310 with sales tax was all I needed to jump into the next Gran Turismo experience, along with a few other games that help warrant the purchase of a PS3. Besides, there hasn't been much revealed about Gran Turismo Sport yet, so this may be the first time I'll be sitting out on the launch day train for the next game.

Still playing GT6 for online series and very much still enjoying it, plus don't have a wheel for my new PS4 (which I got couple weeks ago) yet, but that will come. Should be all set come GT Sport though, so I can't wait!

I don't play GT nearly as much as I used to, but it still gets a little time. The announcement of Sport didn't change anything, but the total lack of anything new sure did. In order for me to continue to play anything made by PD, Sport will need to blow us all away. It needs to be a complete game...still waiting for this one to be finished two years later (half of the Vision cars are still to be put in...not to mention their interiors). No way will I pre-order it, and no way will I buy it if it doesn't get blazing hot reviews...and none of the "coming in a future update" crap. Oh, and standard cars need to go. If the next game doesn't have 100% modeled premium cars, it's a no buy for me and I will say "hello" to Forza again (I only played part 2).

I find the poll rather silly, Why would anyone quit playing a game due to another game being announced? The game is not out yet and is on a different console so if you quit playing GT6 due to the announcement then something is wrong.

I pretty much quit playing GT6 a long time ago. I moved to Project cars when it released and lately have been playing Forza 6. I did fire up GT6 and loaded some custom tracks to have a look but that's about it.

When GT Sport gets closer to release then I will decide if I am interested enough to buy a PS4 or not.

I fired it up to play with the custom tracks, which led to me tuning my suspension, which led to me testing the suspension on existing tracks, which led to tuning more cars, which led to more testing and playing, which led to trying the new tune on the older GT games, which...

"I've still got my PS3 and GT6. It's still plugged in. But if I want online racing, I go play iRacing. If I want to hotlap, I play Assetto Corsa. If I want single player racing, I play pCARS. If I want rally, I've got Dirt Rally or Dirt 3. If I want tuning or liveries, I've still got FM4. If I want open world cruising, I've got FH1. If I want some casual racing, I've got Grid or Wipeout. Burnout Paradise if I want to smash stuff. Euro Truck Sim 2 if I just want to relax."

I'll have to agree with this one.

I still play GT6, but lately I've been playing Grid 2 (simpler with a controller while sick on the couch) and PC with my wheel when I want to get serious.

Mostly though that seems to be due to the fact I can't get past the last license test on GT6. The Veyron sucks donkey balls on a curvy track, and I can't get a rhythm for that track to save my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put it this way: GT6 so much content that after 2 years I still don't feel like I've experienced everything. When GTS rolls around and I finally stop playing GT6, I most likely won't be 100% "done" with it. Heck, after the GTS beta ends, I'll most likely go right back to GT6 because it's just so vast. And from the looks of the poll, so will a lot of people - significantly more than the number of people who have already given up on GT6. Yet all I see here is people whining about how they're "done" with GT. Honestly, right now I think the worst part of the series is the community.

And from the looks of the poll, so will a lot of people - significantly more than the number of people who have already given up on GT6.

I wouldn't put much meaning in the results of this one poll: not only is it a tiny fraction of the GT6 userbase, but it's a patently silly premise. No reasonable person would quit playing a game simply because the sequel (er, of sorts) has been announced. GT Sport officially existing didn't make me stop playing GT6. GT6 did that.

Yet all I see here is people whining about how they're "done" with GT.

Really? Because I don't. This page and the last has quite a lot of people that say quite the opposite, actually.

Honestly, right now I think the worst part of the series is the community.

Unfortunately, some people will always see fit to exaggerate things to try to prove a point. Thanks for the example.

Unfortunately, some people will always see fit to exaggerate things to try to prove a point. Thanks for the example.
How can you say I'm exaggerating when that's my honest opinion? I make a point of not blowing things out of proportion.

Put it this way: GT6 so much content that after 2 years I still don't feel like I've experienced everything. When GTS rolls around and I finally stop playing GT6, I most likely won't be 100% "done" with it.

I'm curious, what is this content you feel you've still not experienced? What else is there to experience that is truly new once you've completed every single player event and tried each online mode at least once?

Sure if online is your thing you've got plenty of scope for extended playing but that isn't new, unique content.

I'm curious, what is this content you feel you've still not experienced? What else is there to experience that is truly new once you've completed every single player event and tried each online mode at least once?

Sure if online is your thing you've got plenty of scope for extended playing but that isn't new, unique content.
A majority of the vanilla car/track combos for one thing. I really enjoy testing different cars on different tracks and seeing which combinations I like most. As of now I believe I own ~350 cars, and I never sell them, so that leaves hundreds and hundreds of new experiences to be had. Also, every time I go looking for new tracks, I see at least one track I want to try out, but the sheer volume of awesome courses coming out means I can't realistically expect to try them all.

Still playing GT6 regularly, discovering new cars to drive/build :) Racking up close to 23000 km at Tsukuba now, and I never get bored even driving alone for hours. When I can buy PS4 ( don't have money to spare now, maybe in a year :( ), I will get racing games for sure, but I will be very selective :) Recently spent 300+km alone on Lotus Evora, and I have been spending few hundreds km on 288 GTO replica I built using real life data, can't get enough of driving it. I guess when GTS comes, I will just be driving, that's the key word, driving.

How can you say I'm exaggerating when that's my honest opinion? I make a point of not blowing things out of proportion.

Perhaps "selective vision" is more appropriate:

Yet all I see here is people whining about how they're "done" with GT.

You see what you want to see, I suppose.

Still playing GT6 regularly, discovering new cars to drive/build :) Racking up close to 23000 km at Tsukuba now, and I never get bored even driving alone for hours. When I can buy PS4 ( don't have money to spare now, maybe in a year :( ), I will get racing games for sure, but I will be very selective :) Recently spent 300+km alone on Lotus Evora, and I have been spending few hundreds km on 288 GTO replica I built using real life data, can't get enough of driving it. I guess when GTS comes, I will just be driving, that's the key word, driving.

This is how I'd expect most people who are still playing regularly to be enjoying it; they've found their particular niche in the game, what is fun for them. It won't be the barebones career mode, and it'll be different for different people. Er, so I guess it could be the career, but I can't imagine why. :P

Unfortunately, GT6 just didn't gel long-term for me. It's not that the series hasn't before; I did a similar thing to what you're doing on the 'Ring in GT4, and I've been doing something like that in FM6 on Lime Rock too. Course Creator has been more of a curio than a legitimate draw back to the game for me, and while there's still some cars (and tracks) I miss from GT6 when I play other games, they usually end up being Standards, and I just can't get along with those. It's sort of funny, really: GT was one of the first racing games that really made the player feel like they owned the cars, that they were uniquely theirs. Now, I get that in a much stronger sense in other games, since Standards are so limited.

But, like I said earlier, that really means GT6 is the reason I don't play GT6. GT Sport has absolutely no bearing on it. Of course, I play it more recently, because of the GTP blog. :D

Perhaps "selective vision" is more appropriate. You see what you want to see, I suppose.

Just looking at this page, I see 6 people saying they don't play anymore versus 3 who say they do. On page 4 I see 3 who say they do vs. 4 who say they don't; the rest of that page is banter. Despite this, the poll says that far and away more people are going to stick with GT6. In fact, the "sticking with GT6" option has about three times more votes than the "done with GT6" option has, according to my (admittedly terrible) math. Look at that and tell me there's not an imbalance.

Last edited:
Just looking at this page, I see 6 people saying they don't play anymore versus 3 who say they do. On page 4 I see 3 who say they do vs. 4 who say they don't; the rest of that page is banter. Despite this, the poll says that far and away more people are going to stick with GT6. In fact, the "sticking with GT6" option has about three times more votes than the "done with GT6" option has, according to my (admittedly terrible) math. Look at that and tell me there's not an imbalance.

On this page alone I see 4 that still play(admittedly with varying lengths and depths)
Nope. Gran Turismo Sport is unfortunately not going to be enough to sell me a PlayStation 4.

Still playing GT6 for online series and very much still enjoying it, plus don't have a wheel for my new PS4 (which I got couple weeks ago) yet, but that will come. Should be all set come GT Sport though, so I can't wait!

I fired it up to play with the custom tracks, which led to me tuning my suspension, which led to me testing the suspension on existing tracks, which led to tuning more cars, which led to more testing and playing, which led to trying the new tune on the older GT games, which...

"I've still got my PS3 and GT6. It's still plugged in. But if I want online racing, I go play iRacing. If I want to hotlap, I play Assetto Corsa. If I want single player racing, I play pCARS. If I want rally, I've got Dirt Rally or Dirt 3. If I want tuning or liveries, I've still got FM4. If I want open world cruising, I've got FH1. If I want some casual racing, I've got Grid or Wipeout. Burnout Paradise if I want to smash stuff. Euro Truck Sim 2 if I just want to relax."

I'll have to agree with this one.

I still play GT6, but lately I've been playing Grid 2 (simpler with a controller while sick on the couch) and PC with my wheel when I want to get serious.

Mostly though that seems to be due to the fact I can't get past the last license test on GT6. The Veyron sucks donkey balls on a curvy track, and I can't get a rhythm for that track to save my life.

One that still plays although not as much and is slowly dying down, and if things don't change he'll be done
I don't play GT nearly as much as I used to, but it still gets a little time. The announcement of Sport didn't change anything, but the total lack of anything new sure did. In order for me to continue to play anything made by PD, Sport will need to blow us all away. It needs to be a complete game...still waiting for this one to be finished two years later (half of the Vision cars are still to be put in...not to mention their interiors). No way will I pre-order it, and no way will I buy it if it doesn't get blazing hot reviews...and none of the "coming in a future update" crap. Oh, and standard cars need to go. If the next game doesn't have 100% modeled premium cars, it's a no buy for me and I will say "hello" to Forza again (I only played part 2).

and 2 straight out No.
I pretty much quit playing GT6 a long time ago.

GT Sport officially existing didn't make me stop playing GT6. GT6 did that.

And the rest are ongoing discussions from other pages. What are you even counting?

Also, if you want a better understanding of why those who like the game are afraid to post, you might strike up a PM convo with @TheEvstar93. He once told me that he's afraid to post here because of all the negativity and arguing. As a founder and administrator of one of the community's more popular sites myself, that's what I'd do.
He avoided entering the subjects because he was afraid of differing opinions, and having to get into a discussion with people, yet you forced him into it anyways? Kind of rude to call out someone like that. When you get into threads like this, based on a subject that is going to cause some discussion, its only obvious that it'll have some sparks flying. It's very easy to avoid these kinds of threads and aim for others if you're worried about having to explain something(not you, just in general.)

He avoided entering the subjects because he was afraid of differing opinions, and having to get into a discussion with people, yet you forced him into it anyways? Kind of rude to call out someone like that. When you get into threads like this, based on a subject that is going to cause some discussion, its only obvious that it'll have some sparks flying. It's very easy to avoid these kinds of threads and aim for others if you're worried about having to explain something(not you, just in general.)

I didn't intend to get him involved; I tagged him so as to make it easier for @SlipZtrEm to strike up a convo with him and ask him why he's afraid of posting. Maybe Slip will get some insight as to what's causing the problem and help make it into a platform where anyone can (civilly) voice their opinions regardless of what they are - you know, as it should be.

I didn't intend to get him involved; I tagged him so as to make it easier for @SlipZtrEm to strike up a convo with him and ask him why he's afraid of posting. Maybe Slip will get some insight as to what's causing the problem and help make it into a platform where anyone can (civilly) voice their opinions regardless of what they are - you know, as it should be.
I'm unsure how a direct tag and link to his profile is a way to not get him involved. If he wanted to discuss how he felt, then he likely would have, rather then someone else pushing him into a situation that he doesn't want to get involved in.

In my opinion there is no insight needed, as civil discussion is already going on and has been. Is that to say that you wont find any riffraff here or there? No. However, those posters are usually one and done and don't usually get into long detailed posts. The ones that do are the ones being, you know, civil, as it should be.

I shouldn't have to explain how "I don't play GT6 anymore" is different from "I won't play GT6 anymore because of GT Sport's announcement".

I've seen this a few times, so it needs to be addressed: poll results do not have any correlation with thread posts, and to expect them to is a waste. Not everybody wants to add their two cents. Some people like the ease of just clicking a box. There are myriad reasons why there will be discrepancies between poll results and the contents of a thread.

The GTP Cool Wall is a perfect example.

Also, if you want a better understanding of why those who like the game are afraid to post, you might strike up a PM convo with @TheEvstar93. He once told me that he's afraid to post here because of all the negativity and arguing. As a founder and administrator of one of the community's more popular sites myself, that's what I'd do.

Starting a conversation with someone about why they don't post in a particular section will provide insight into exactly one person's reasons for not posting in a particular section. I can't speak on the member's behalf, but I know if I were in his position, I'd be a lot more uncomfortable with someone forcing me into a conversation that I'm not a part of, dragging the thread further off-topic, and apparently assigning me as the voice of multiple users.

This thread is filled with civil discussion. That you don't like that others have a dissimilar opinion to yours is your problem, nobody else's.

Now, back to the subject at hand.

I'm staying with GT6 no matter what. We don't even know much about GT Sport other than what we've seen in the trailer.

GT6 isn't exactly the funnest (It's a word! :P) game. I got irritated by Driveclub's gameplay even though it's a much more rounded out game with a crap ton more game-like features. Personally, I can never grow tired of GT5 due to the tracks I made for that game. Soooo with GT6, I won't need to quit playing until the next GT comes out. Hopefully the beta has enough to do to have some more fun for a bit.

@TheAnimeDude

Its not clear to me why anyone who is currently playing GT6 would quit just because they announced the upcoming beta of the next game in the series (which is currently being developed). I'm going to continue to play GT6 and that is how I answered the poll.

However, the GTP_WRS has already announced their intentions to move to GT Sport when it's available and I will do the same and leave GT 6 behind at that time.

The problem is the poll question. I still have GT6. I have not gotten rid of it, I may decide to play it again at some point. I definitely would never be "done" with a game due to some other game being announced for some future date that would just be dumb.

So the way the question is worded it skews the results to look like more are playing than are. Had there been a 3rd option for those who were done before the announcement or done for some reason other than GT Sport then the poll would be more accurate as is it is pretty meaningless

Got lazy playing GT6 after getting all the trophies (I just need the Autobarmy trophy to get platinum), considering I have been pulled away from GT because of Forza. But still, I will wait for GT Sport and see what it will bring...

90% of the polls created by users on GTPlanet are embarrassing. They're either biased, skewed or so poorly worded that they're utterly useless. This poll is no different than most here on GTP...worthless.

I voted for both. (This poll actually allows you to do it)

90% of the polls created by users on GTPlanet are embarrassing. They're either biased, skewed or so poorly worded that they're utterly useless. This poll is no different than most here on GTP...worthless.

I agree. Where is the vote option for "given up on GT6 as I'm playing other racing games" etc ? I own a PS4 and ProjectCARS so where is this option in the poll huh ?
Some people love DriveClub or F1, but no option for these either ! Yep, another pointless poll.

I agree. Where is the vote option for "given up on GT6 as I'm playing other racing games" etc ? I own a PS4 and ProjectCARS so where is this option in the poll huh ?
Some people love DriveClub or F1, but no option for these either ! Yep, another pointless poll.
In those situations, I decide I don't cast a vote. In this case, I voted For sticking with GT6. Though I'm looking forward to playing Sebastien Loeb next month, I'm not going to stop playing GT6.

Why are you so perturbed about this anyway? !

That is exactly what I would have selected. I purchased Assetto Corsa and I haven't loaded GT6 since that day. I'm sure there are many people who have abandoned GT6 for a different game. I can specifically remember reading people leaving to go play Forza 6, pCars, Assetto Corsa or iRacing.

I still play old games like GPL, LFS, Nascar 2003, GP500 etc on old laptop of mind, then I also still plays Top Gear 2 SNES, D1GP 2005/2006 PS2, Advan Racing and JGTC PSX, as well as Battle Gear series an Outrun on PS2.
On PS3, I still play Ferrari the race experience, Daytona USA, Sega Rally, Nascar, and GT5 2.11 ( for hybrid fun - 240Z Devil Z, twin turbos Miura, NSX and other cars that originally can't have turbos :lol: )

Just now, driving many laps online in user created track lobby, a tuning test track made by @Lewis_Hamilton_ , drove my 288 GTO replica on CH, sublime driving, then BM featured Nishizao S13 Silvia which handle like on rails ( CS tire and 255PS ), and Camaro Z28 4th gen replica which uses Mac suspension, surprisingly very compliant and stable on the super bumpy test track that Lewis said would highlight/ expose car suspension weakness, under and oversteer too. The last car was 458 Challenge on SS/SM tire, with super stiff springs rate and massive camber as used on the real car, the car soaked the bumps well and glued like a race car.
On SM, the 458 Challenge hit similar peak lateral G as the real car spec ( Ferrari claimed peak G )

I'm still with GT6, but I also plays a lot of other racing games.

Last edited:

That is exactly what I would have selected. I purchased Assetto Corsa and I haven't loaded GT6 since that day. I'm sure there are many people who have abandoned GT6 for a different game. I can specifically remember reading people leaving to go play Forza 6, pCars, Assetto Corsa or iRacing.

One thing people haven't abandoned is coming back to the GT boards to proclaim they've abandoned it. Definitely no shortage of that, for sure.

Back