Assetto Corsa @ 50% today on Steam Daily sales

• Thread starter Symtex
  • 33 comments
Just bought this a few hours ago. Haven't played any PC Sims yet so I am really excited to use my Fanatec wheel again, coming from console. I will give AC a spin later tomorrow and see if I can manage.

Just bought this a few hours ago. Haven't played any PC Sims yet so I am really excited to use my Fanatec wheel again, coming from console. I will give AC a spin later tomorrow and see if I can manage.

You will be shocked from the force feedback, I promise :)

You will be shocked from the force feedback, I promise :)

I don't think my Fanatec GT3 RS' force feedback works in the game. I've been searching for solutions but I can't find anything. It's like there is no feel in the car, like when I begin to oversteer, I can't feel it. It gives me no sign that the back is coming around and I can't catch it.

Is there a solution available to fix this? Are there settings on the wheel itself that I have to change?

I don't think my Fanatec GT3 RS' force feedback works in the game. I've been searching for solutions but I can't find anything. It's like there is no feel in the car, like when I begin to oversteer, I can't feel it. It gives me no sign that the back is coming around and I can't catch it.

Is there a solution available to fix this? Are there settings on the wheel itself that I have to change?

Yes, I had the exact same problem with my Fanatec gt2. I am on my smartphone so I can't search but go over to the official Assetto corsa forum, there is a fanatec thread with over 15 pages. There are some good settings.

Could not resist at that price. Ancient 4850 GPU says less that 1 FPS with everything on max at 40-55 with most stuff low or off. That's at full 1080P.

Driving Force GT (still messing with configuration) and having loads of full hotlapping Imola.

So I just finished a few practice laps after setting up my Fanatec and WOW! Such a difference coming from Forza/GT. I am glad I decided to get a gaming PC because this game alone will take much of my time. Looking forward to getting to know some AC community members, I am sure some advice will be needed in the near future.

Is it worth getting for a laptop? I'm guessing not but I ask still.

Depends on the laptop. If you post your laptop specs I'm sure someone will be able to tell you if it'll be good enough or not.

Is it worth getting for a laptop? I'm guessing not but I ask still.
Minimum Requirements

OS: Windows Vista SP2 32-bit (with KB971512 platform update)
Processor: AMD Athlon X2 2.8 GHZ, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ
Memory: 4GB
Graphics Card: DirectX 10.1 (AMD Radeon HD 3870, Nvidia GeForce GT 220)
Graphics Memory: 512 MB
Hard Drive: 15 GB

Unfortunately mate even if your graphics chip were powerful enough to run Assetto Corsa at low settings (which it's not), that chip is only compatible with DirectX 10, and Assetto Corsa is only compatible with DirectX 11.

I sorta imagined it was not compatible, thanks anyways.

The second I saw this, I bought it like it was free.

The physics are so much better than GT.. I can actually countersteer while drifting!

It's $19.99. You don't need to add any more money to your account. :)
That's not what I mean. I play Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on Steam and new items appear every once in a while that I simply Must have. :lol:

If it weren't for that I'd buy AC in a heartbeat. Maybe I'd buy it before then.

I'm not bashing your money spending habits (really) but since you brought it up, hats or gun skins, it's just cosmetic stuff that don't really change the game, like in TF2. The important thing is you enjoy them and that's that.

I'm not bashing your money spending habits (really) but since you brought it up, hats or gun skins, it's just cosmetic stuff that don't really change the game, like in TF2. The important thing is you enjoy them and that's that.
I didn't take it that way, but I respect you for your considerate opinion. You should move to the USA and become a politician with that sort of charisma :P

In the end, we all end up wasting a ton of money on games :lol:

EDIT: Screw it, I ended up buying the game anyway.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back