Assetto Corsa Console Update 1.14 Thread — Releases May 17

I've been kinda holding off playing much 'til this update - it will take some readjusting to after playing GTS!
Ha, good luck. I was a hot mess coming back to AC from GTS. I'm still braking way too late all over the place, too much steering angle. I'm screwing up on the Nurburgring in places I never used to :ill:

Can't wait to give this update a workout. Is there anyone else out there that really doesn't plan to make much use of private lobbies and worries that the public lobbies will be even more of a ghost town now :nervous: haha

@HammyMansell yes but you would expect fast to = 100% track grip

Optimum = 100%, Fast = ~98%

Is there anyone else out there that really doesn't plan to make much use of private lobbies and worries that the public lobbies will be even more of a ghost town now :nervous: haha

Might do the exact opposite because people will be able to open their own public lobbies now so there should be a lot more to choose from, and hopefully that will bring more people in.

Optimum = 100%, Fast = ~98%

Might do the exact opposite because people will be able to open their own public lobbies now so there should be a lot more to choose from, and hopefully that will bring more people in.

Oh I never seen a optimum setting, was only on quick tho.

Ha, good luck. I was a hot mess coming back to AC from GTS. I'm still braking way too late all over the place, too much steering angle. I'm screwing up on the Nurburgring in places I never used to :ill:

Can't wait to give this update a workout. Is there anyone else out there that really doesn't plan to make much use of private lobbies and worries that the public lobbies will be even more of a ghost town now :nervous: haha

Well I don't bother getting the wheel out for GT, so I'm hoping that difference will help reset my mind!

Lobbies, sure, when I feel I'm safe enough not to be a danger... and have time to practice, to be somewhat competive... but for now I'm mostly pretty happy hotlapping.

I'm assuming you can't access the track grip info on console, so here it is for you guys in the spoiler.

[DUSTY]
SESSION_START=86%
SESSION_TRANSFER=50
RANDOMNESS=1
LAP_GAIN=30
DESCRIPTION=A very slippery track, improves fast with more laps.

[OLD]
SESSION_START=89
SESSION_TRANSFER=80
RANDOMNESS=3
LAP_GAIN=50
DESCRIPTION=Old tarmac. Bad grip won't get better soon.

[SLOW]
SESSION_START=96
SESSION_TRANSFER=80
RANDOMNESS=1
LAP_GAIN=300
DESCRIPTION=A slow track that doesn't improve much.

[GREEN]
SESSION_START=95
SESSION_TRANSFER=90
RANDOMNESS=2
LAP_GAIN=132
DESCRIPTION=A clean track, gets better with more laps.

[FAST]
SESSION_START=98
SESSION_TRANSFER=80
RANDOMNESS=2
LAP_GAIN=700
DESCRIPTION=Very grippy track right from the start.

[OPTIMUM]
SESSION_START=100
SESSION_TRANSFER=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=1
DESCRIPTION=Perfect track for hotlapping.

-Session Start is the starting grip in %
-Session Transfer is the amount of grip that will transfer from say Qualifying to Race.
-Randomness example - Green can start from anywhere between 93% & 97% (95 session start plus or minus 2)
-Lap Gain is how many laps need to be driven on track for the grip to go up by 1%. All cars on track count towards this number so for example if Lap Gain is 20, 1 car would need to drive 20 laps, 2 cars would need to drive 10 laps each, 5 cars 4 laps each, 20 cars 1 lap each, etc.

Hi guys :lol:
Loving the update so far! However, I feel a bit silly at the moment, but I can't find how to change you own car in custom championship mode?! Probably being stupid but can't find how to change it?!
Thanks!

EDIT: oops literally just a second after I posted it I found it out. Face palm :embarrassed:

Would this also work with the CSR Elite? I use mine via CronusMAX on the PS4 at the moment but it'd be nice to bypass it entirely, if only for the simplicity.

Also, ref removing the on-screen steering wheel - I thought we could do this already? Or is it simply because my FoV clips it out?
Would this also work with the CSR Elite? I use mine via CronusMAX on the PS4 at the moment but it'd be nice to bypass it entirely, if only for the simplicity.

Also, ref removing the on-screen steering wheel - I thought we could do this already? Or is it simply because my FoV clips it out?
Ignore my Fanatec comment. Didn't notice it was a different wheel to the current model.

Reg. the wheel. There was cockpit view with the wheel showing and dash cam with just the clocks and close up to the windscreen. Now you can have a wider FOV in dash cam with the steering wheel removed.

I have now tried out the T300RS for a little while today. The new Highlands Long track on DS4 was fun but with the wheel setup it is amazing. You don't notice at first on the DS4 the amount of crests, jumps and cambers that pull the wheel hard especially down Cabhag Straight you can easily lose it if you hit the grass. Great fun flat out down there overtaking cars :)

I tried to capture these crests in a screen capture.

Overall I am really enjoying the new Highland tracks and my favourite is the 'Long' track but the Drifting in the supercars was fun and the short town track is great for testing your brakes and the smaller cars.

I love the little Audi S1Q to throw around the tracks and the new Mazda 787B/S1 E2 Quattro are quite a handful.

I took quite a few shots now they are 3840x2160px on PS4 Pro and will update the photo thread soon. It is a real shame there is no photomode on Consoles.

p.s Is there way to slow the hand movement down yet on DS4 (cockpit view of wheel)? :sly: This puts me out of sink slightly, although the DS4 does feel better than it used to, was this updated today too?👍
p.p.s I had forgotten how good the audio, physics and the handling were on the T300 wheel after playing so many other games and not being on this much.

Last edited:
I have now tried out the T300RS for a little while today. The new Highlands Long track on DS4 was fun but with the wheel setup it is amazing. You don't notice at first on the DS4 the amount of crests, jumps and cambers that pull the wheel hard especially down Cabhag Straight you can easily lose it if you hit the grass. Great fun flat out down there overtaking cars :)

I tried to capture these crests in a screen capture.

Overall I am really enjoying the new Highland tracks and my favourite is the 'Long' track but the Drifting in the supercars was fun and the short town track is great for testing your brakes and the smaller cars.

Out of the new dlc cars I love the little Audi S1Q to throw around the tracks and the new Mazda 787B is quite a handful.

I took quite a few shots now they are 3840x2160px on PS4 Pro and will update the photo thread soon. It is a real shame there is no photomode on Consoles.

p.s Is there way to slow the hand movement down yet on DS4 (cockpit view of wheel)? :sly: This puts me out of sink slightly, although the DS4 does feel better than it used to, was this updated today too?👍
p.p.s I had forgotten how good the physics and the handling were on the T300 wheel after playing so many other games and not being on this much.
That little Audi is pure brilliance. I always scrolled passed it just think "meh" then after months of ignoring it gave it a try on tye ring with TC off and was amazed at how much fun it was.
Excellent update, we now have track condition which I have been wanting since launch.

The new cars are a good mix and the new track is excellent, the range of adjustment on the driver can us massive as well.

Lots to test and lots to film.
I look forward to see your video.

I had to jump on for just a few mins this morning to see what this was all about..

First thing I went to try was the new custom cockpit settings.. it seems to work. I get annoyed by seeing the wheel and hands so I always used the dash cam. Best part, the FOV you set in the live cockpit settings also affects the dash cam! So I can set the FOV correctly and still use the dash cam view. I cant remember and didnt have time to check if you can remove the view of the wheel and hands form the cockpit view, this might be better except it does not have the virtual rear view mirror which I really like, so I will stick with the dash cam view.

Hopefully I can get enough time tomorrow to get my wheel stand out and give this update a proper try.

Those bumps on the 3km straight at Highlands Long are deadly......

Now, let's try that again.......... :rolleyes:

Consider pants shat. :lol: I was in the AC Videos section a little while ago and I wrote something along the lines of: Be careful with that straightaway. Those little hops can turn into death for the driver. I'm glad to see it has claimed it's first victim.
Code:
HammyMansell May 17, 2017 R.I.P.  
He died at 200mph, not many people can make that claim.

Oh...I am so, so happy for you guys to finally get this g/d update!:cheers: I hope everything is working. Bummer about the game save deletion issue. As Wiz kindly posted the technical info about the 5 different Track Surface options, let me just throw in a piece of advice. Unless you're in a Hot Lap Competition, or racing with a group of guys who insist on Optimum, I really suggest practicing on Fast or Green and ignoring Optimum. Yes, your times will be slower, but this isn't a Hot Lap Competition, remember?

The track isn't like ice on Green. Old & Dusty are a bit tricky, but think about this...If you're used to practicing on Fast & Green tracks and then you enter a race with Optimum surface you're going to be golden...You'll be feeling that teeny, tiny little bit of extra grip, if you can feel the difference at all. But, if you only practice on Optimum and then you're entered into a race and they choose Green, you're going to not feel nearly as comfortable.

Of course, in the end do whatever allows you to have the most fun. We all bought Assetto Corsa because we were looking for that little extra bit of realism, so why not take advantage of it.

@BrandonW77 @mister dog or any other PC players... Do you remember what Aristotelis recommends for Nordschleife settings? Is it: 10ºC Temperature and Green surface? I don't even remember why he posted the recommendation. Was it like an average morning temperature in certain seasons or something?

@BrandonW77 @mister dog or any other PC players... Do you remember what Aristotelis recommends for Nordschleife settings? Is it: 10ºC Temperature and Green surface? I don't even remember why he posted the recommendation. Was it like an average morning temperature in certain seasons or something?

I believe that is correct, or darn close. But he also said that v10 tires changed all that and recommended using more grip now, but I don't think he gave exact details.

This post?:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...grip-settings-1-12-and-v10.43297/#post-844485

Cool that the update landed for the console folk finally, I was promising a new TT soon thinking it wouldn't land anymore, but seems it did :). I'll have a combo up soon.

Consider pants shat. :lol: I was in the AC Videos section a little while ago and I wrote something along the lines of: Be careful with that straightaway. Those little hops can turn into death for the driver. I'm glad to see it has claimed it's first victim.
Code:
HammyMansell May 17, 2017 R.I.P. 
He died at 200mph, not many people can make that claim.

On my way to the laundrette as we speak @ALB123 .........Altough wherever The Hamster drives, he goes commando!! :sly:

:lol:

This post?:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...grip-settings-1-12-and-v10.43297/#post-844485

Cool that the update landed for the console folk finally, I was promising a new TT soon thinking it wouldn't land anymore, but seems it did :). I'll have a combo up soon.
The post I was thinking of is different. It was a pre v10 post without a doubt. But, like Wiz mentioned...with the v10 tire sensitivity being so radically different than v7 and previous models the tires expect better conditions for optimal behavior. I always forget about that.

Hey, I'm just glad that everybody - console & PC - are on Tire Model 10. It's funny that only 2 new parameters were added to Tire Model 7 in order to make Tire Model 10, however, with the model being completely re-written from the ground up and formulas tweaked and tuned, if you compare a TM7 BMW M4 front Street Tire with a TM10 BMW M4 Street Tire, there is going to be a heck of a lot of different values for those parameters. Some may be close, but close only counts in horseshoes and hand-grenades.

Back