Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Ha, well, on the first gold lap I was 0.8 seconds up on my previous best (that was about 0.2 secs off gold), but I took the last couple of corners so carefully that I lost more than 0.5 sec and only just got the gold! So I didn't want to leave it with such a big gap to what I knew I could do :)

I also did "For The Drive", the McLaren 570S at Imola, and I'd say it's a pretty tough one! Just scraped gold by 11 thousandths, and there weren't any obvious mistakes or time losses in my lap to go back and correct. That was with just fuel and tyre pressure tweaks, adjusting gears might help.

I tend to do all of the hotlaps for a particular track together, so next for me is probably the rest at Imola. A nice collection of cars to do there - Countach, Ferrari GTO, 911 Carrera S, and Sesto Elemento. Although I've just spotted that I've only done two of the three hotlaps at Monza 1966 Road Course, with the GT40 left to do, so that might sneak in first.

Lurking, there are a few! McLaren MP4-12C GT3 at Silverstone (silver), Audi R8 LMS 2016 at Brands Hatch (bronze), and Ferrari 250 GTO at Brands Hatch GP (bronze). Probably attempted much earlier this year and maybe I've improved since then. There's a lot I haven't tried yet, having only 'completed' Spa, Magione, Zandvoort and Brands Hatch Indy.

Not at home right now, so I'll check later! There are a few though that seem sheer impossible......I mean litterally 6 to 7 seconds off After 20 laps :irked:

Not at home right now, so I'll check later! There are a few though that seem sheer impossible......I mean litterally 6 to 7 seconds off After 20 laps :irked:

Hmm, that is quite adrift :sly: Curious to know which, and whether I've tried them yet! Most cars at Spa took me quite a while to crack even bronze... it's a long lap... but once I got that far it was only the usual 3 seconds to gold and I wasn't giving up!

I aim for Bronze

How are Guys doing at the drift events? I cannot get Bronze there

I just haven't really tried any. I might, but I'm much more into the hotlaps. In the arcadey FH4 I'm pretty good though :lol:

Hmm, that is quite adrift :sly: Curious to know which, and whether I've tried them yet! Most cars at Spa took me quite a while to crack even bronze... it's a long lap... but once I got that far it was only the usual 3 seconds to gold and I wasn't giving up!

There is the Porsche Groupe C longheck on Zandvoort and the Porsche Spyder on Silverstone 67 for example.

I'll add the exact names later ;)

If you thought the Z4 was hard then I've found a couple of others that are going to raise your hair and seriously doubt any of the skills you had up until now :lol:

Happy to read some thoughts about those:

Assetto Corsa_1.png
Assetto Corsa_2.png
Assetto Corsa_3.png

If you thought the Z4 was hard then I've found a couple of others that are going to raise your hair and seriously doubt any of the skills you had up until now :lol:

Happy to read some thoughts about those:

Two of those I haven't tried yet, but I have got gold for the Long Tail at Zandvoort with a 1:36.172. Looks like it took me 153km which is at least 35 laps... and probably quite a few restarts as well! Low fuel and soft slicks, 25 PSI on the left tyres, 26 PSI on the right. Possibly a rear wing adjustment, not sure - it's in the middle at 4 out of 8 on my SE tune. Since gold is 1:37, I reckon you could crack it but maybe first you'll need to learn where to trust its aero, or something like that? With the soft tyre you might need to keep restarting the session anyway to keep the tyre pressures in a good range.

Last night I ticked off the GT40 at Monza 1966 Road Course in about 20 laps, and both the Countach and Ferrari GTO at Imola in about 10 laps each. The Countach is set pretty easy I guess since I beat gold by nearly 3 seconds, but it doesn't feel like it to begin with - there is something to learn to get the gold!

Two of those I haven't tried yet, but I have got gold for the Long Tail at Zandvoort with a 1:36.172. Looks like it took me 153km which is at least 35 laps... and probably quite a few restarts as well! Low fuel and soft slicks, 25 PSI on the left tyres, 26 PSI on the right. Possibly a rear wing adjustment, not sure - it's in the middle at 4 out of 8 on my SE tune. Since gold is 1:37, I reckon you could crack it but maybe first you'll need to learn where to trust its aero, or something like that? With the soft tyre you might need to keep restarting the session anyway to keep the tyre pressures in a good range.

Last night I ticked off the GT40 at Monza 1966 Road Course in about 20 laps, and both the Countach and Ferrari GTO at Imola in about 10 laps each. The Countach is set pretty easy I guess since I beat gold by nearly 3 seconds, but it doesn't feel like it to begin with - there is something to learn to get the gold!

The wonders of the setup 👍 Didn't change to much in my first couple of runs since that car freightens me when I put the power down. The shorttail is better to drive. I will play with its slicks and downforce since I didn't change any of those. Must be doable but it is probably me not being comfortable with the car at all.

Golded the Ford and the Countach as well plus the F40 at Mugello. That was awesome. The Moby Dick at Monza is possible as well but I need to invest more time. Switching between all those car doesn't help either to get a steady feel :lol:

I switch off for the day! Have a happy newyear :cheers:

The wonders of the setup 👍 Didn't change to much in my first couple of runs since that car freightens me when I put the power down. The shorttail is better to drive. I will play with its slicks and downforce since I didn't change any of those. Must be doable but it is probably me not being comfortable with the car at all.

The default tyre is medium slick, so just changing to softs should make a difference! I don't really count lowering fuel and changing tyres and PSI as being 'setup'... obviously it is, but it's by far the easiest part of setup :D Pressures sometimes really help to make a car comfortable, like in this case where it's by a few PSI. Aero can be a little trickier to get right but the long tail only has rear wing adjust, so (for the curvy Zandvoort) basically as much as possible without making the car understeer. The '4' I used is two clicks up from default.

Golded the Ford and the Countach as well plus the F40 at Mugello. That was awesome. The Moby Dick at Monza is possible as well but I need to invest more time. Switching between all those car doesn't help either to get a steady feel :lol:

Switching from the Z4 GT3 to the 570S, it took a while to move the braking points far enough back :dunce: Then the Countach needed them moving back another chunk, along with a very careful approach to the last two corners. Switching to the GTO after the Countach was quite easy; it's a lovely car to drive, feels almost 'modern' whereas the Countach does not at all :)

I had golded the F40 S3 at Mugella on PS4, so I ought to be able to manage that again on PC. It's a shame I can't see what actual time I got :( I might have used a setup from kie25, not sure, I have one saved. Quite a handful, that car!

I switch off for the day! Have a happy newyear :cheers:

I'm going to do some driving tonight, just haven't decided what yet! It may be drink driving in Wreckfest later on :lol:

Happy New Year :cheers:

Well I tried the Moby Dick at Monza for 20+ laps and only just managed bronze with 1:52.383 - it's going to be a tough challenge for sure, to gain 4 seconds! This car wants very smooth inputs, and maybe if I can do that well enough for a whole lap it might be fast enough. If not, there are lots of things to mess up in the setup :lol:

I also tried the Carrera S at Imola, also bronze, with 2:00.835 - less than 2 seconds off gold. But this one feels like it will be even more difficult to crack and, looking around, it appears to be infamous. Oh dear. I tried a setup I found (MrDeap) but even once used to it I could only about match my previous time. This could be a long haul!

edit: Then the re-run of the F40 S3 at Mugello went better, 1:58.170. Tyres 22 psi left, 23 psi right. This car hates to be over-driven, but loves gentle trail-braking once the pressures are correct - all the time is there!

Last edited:
You are really on a roll there @Outspacer 👍

Haven't tried any other Imola events yet but tried to tick off a couple a Vallelunga hotlaps and Silverstone International ones. Went pretty well. Moby at Monza is a hard one, very hard one I think. The track hasn't a got a lot of corners but the ones that are there are easy to mess up. That F40 I ran completely stock and I found it lovely to drive. It is a car that suits me well in terms of driving.

Aaaand now it's back to work time already :( It was good to get some laps in while I could :)

The stock pressures for the F40 S3 would have a bit less grip, but what seems to be more important is not messing up the front-rear balance. I tried it with 1 less psi on the front tyres which gave them more grip, but meant it wanted to spin out during trail-braking making it quite nasty to drive!

Hello everyone! I don´t know if someone else have experienced the same, but yesterday I practiced alone with BMW 235i on Silverstone International, I just wanted to know the circuit. Then, I went to a quick race (against IA vs ~10 cars) into the same circuit, and the car seems to respond totally different, it didn´t brake correctly and I noticed lag when the race started and during first curve. Did someone experience something similar? I´m running the game in PS4 Fat on 4k samsung 50' TV.

Moby at Monza is a hard one, very hard one I think.

It is possible (on PC at least), but boy did it take a lot of work! 950km driven, which is 160+ laps - easily the most I've done for any hotlap so far. I got 1:48.431, with a theoretical 1:48.0xx. Then I did the Huracan GT3 at Monza and got bronze first lap and gold in 4 laps with more than a second to spare, way too easy. I reckon swapping the gold times of those two would make them both reasonably tough challenges!

I'm afraid there was some setup used for Moby:
Fuel: 5 litres
Tyre pressures:
FL 25 FR 27
RL 26 RR 28
Wing: 6
Gurney: 1 (this might have been worth about a second!)
Turbo: 100% (another second)
Rear camber: -0.5
Rear toe: 20 (can't remember if these numbers match on PS4, this is a bit of toe in)
Gears:
1st 35/16 (one click longer for exit of first chicane)
2nd 31/21 (one click shorter)

I didn't try any spring or damper changes because I don't really know what I'd do with them, and tbh the car feels fine to drive. It's just that to get gold you have to do an extremely tidy lap, with clean exits getting the most power down at every opportunity. I have no idea what an alien would do for a setup - quite likely I couldn't drive it.

I did try some small ARB changes, but wasn't sure it was any improvement so I put them back to default.

I'm not sure if the camber and toe changes directly made it any faster, but I think it felt more comfortable, maybe a little easier to get power on coming out of corners.

Talking of comfort, if you're going to try this one maybe turn your FFB down a little, or you might ache after so many laps!!

Good luck!

Hello everyone! I don´t know if someone else have experienced the same, but yesterday I practiced alone with BMW 235i on Silverstone International, I just wanted to know the circuit. Then, I went to a quick race (against IA vs ~10 cars) into the same circuit, and the car seems to respond totally different, it didn´t brake correctly and I noticed lag when the race started and during first curve. Did someone experience something similar? I´m running the game in PS4 Fat on 4k samsung 50' TV.

Lag / frame rate drops at the start are something you might have to live with :(

A few thoughts on the difference...
First thing to check is that the track condition, track temperature etc are the same in the race as in the practice.
You might be remembering the last laps of your practice, where tyre pressures and temps have stabilised.
Being amongst traffic could be affecting your car, not sure how much difference this might be for a 235i though.

Last edited:
It is possible (on PC at least), but boy did it take a lot of work! 950km driven, which is 160+ laps - easily the most I've done for any hotlap so far. I got 1:48.431, with a theoretical 1:48.0xx. Then I did the Huracan GT3 at Monza and got bronze first lap and gold in 4 laps with more than a second to spare, way too easy. I reckon swapping the gold times of those two would make them both reasonably tough challenges!

Really very impressive! Time you put in impresses even more! A bloody 160 laps :bowdown: I think I never did more than 50 for whatever timetrial I ran my whole life :lol: Do you happen to have a vidéo of your run?

Fuel: 5 litres
Tyre pressures:
FL 25 FR 27
RL 26 RR 28
Wing: 6
Gurney: 1 (this might have been worth about a second!)
Turbo: 100% (another second)
Rear camber: -0.5
Rear toe: 20 (can't remember if these numbers match on PS4, this is a bit of toe in)
Gears:
1st 35/16 (one click longer for exit of first chicane)
2nd 31/21 (one click shorter)

Thank you very much for the setup. I will try if I can get at least bronze on this one. The Lambo I managed silver but currently don't know where I am losing it. Probably I could be a bit later on the braking.

Last edited:
Just Did the hotlap on Magioni I the Maserati 6 cilinder . What a joy to drive. Bronze on first lap with Some Nice drifts. Gold should be doable for me here

Just Did the hotlap on Magioni I the Maserati 6 cilinder . What a joy to drive. Bronze on first lap with Some Nice drifts. Gold should be doable for me here

That's a fantastic drive! Love that car :D and prefer it over the 12 cylinder.

I golded that recently :cool:

It needs to be driven tidy but accelerating out of the corners is satisfying because it lets you play nicely with its power. The vintage stuff is simply :bowdown:

Last edited:
Really very impressive! Time you put in impresses even more! A bloody 160 laps :bowdown: I think I never did more than 50 for whatever timetrial I ran my whole life :lol: Do you happen to have a vidéo of your run?

Thank you very much for the setup. I will try if I can get at least bronze on this one.

Thanks mate! I'm not alien, just very persistent :lol: I might've saved myself some laps if I'd checked through the setup at the start, what with the gurney flap going unused and the turbo defaulting to 90% :banghead: But even so, it never seemed like it was going to be impossible, just very tough indeed.

I hope the setup helps, it could be worth 3 or so seconds. You'll have to provide the rest!

No video, sorry, never got into doing them, but I could try doing a commentary for it...

Of course the first thing is to get a really nice exit out of parabolica to set up the lap. There didn't seem to be much to gain by going deep into it for a straighter exit, compared to just getting a really good run on the rubbered in line, but worth playing with.

Braking for the first chicane at or just before the orange escape mark on the barrier, full brake and keep it dead straight until ready for turn in. Slightly turning in just before releasing the brake starts a spin - that's easily held, and puts the car at a good angle for the rest of the chicane. Lots of steering input to get as straight as possible for the exit, maybe some gentle throttle, then nail it as soon as vaguely straight. Since I'm still turning a bit it starts to lose traction at the rear, so that's a good time to change up to second.

I get over to the right before braking for the second chicane, and brake just before the 200 marker. Then trail braking towards the 1st apex, taking some curb and trying to stay as far left as possible to get the straightest line out past the 2nd apex, again on the curb. Even though it's a fairly short run down to the first lesmo, there's quite a few tenths to be gained. It doesn't seem to help, but nor does it really hurt to put wheels on the sausages as long as the line is good.

For the first lesmo I trail brake in and ease the throttle on on the way out (hmm, that's not much help, lol), and avoid the apex curb. I often lose a tenth or two by braking too early for it, but it's such a fine line between that and a wrecked lap! Second lesmo is a similar tactic but much more focused on the exit, even though I still try to brake as late as possible for it.

Braking for Ascari almost on top of the 200 marker, the key here was to trust the car and let off the brakes quite a bit while trail-braking to cut the curb and (maybe) avoid running wide, and keep the speed up. Staying on the tarmac as much as possible for the rest of Ascari and on exit going quite wide, straddling the curb, and for a while just staying there to be straight (and full throttle) with two wheels barely on track, because the join from the short course is there and can be used :sly:

Approaching parabolica the urge to brake early is strong, but I resist until about 160m. Then there isn't a long time braking straight, but trail-braking into it sticks to the rubbered line just fine (and going a bit deep isn't a big problem, because then you have a straighter exit). On exit I had to be careful with the throttle in second gear, but on a good run could be full throttle once in third with my attention moving to the wheel instead.

And... across the line :lol:

The Lambo I managed silver but currently don't know where I am losing it. Probably I could be a bit later on the braking.

It can go incredibly late on braking, and be super-stable about it as well. I think I just did fuel 5L and tyres LF 19 RF 20 LR 18 RR 19 (all a few psi up from default). Oh yeah... and soft tyres :D

I'll try to absorb everything and make a serious effort. Did a run this morning but stopped quickly because today isn't the Day. Can't hit a single braking point and are way to aggressive on the car. You know those days that it is better simply not to run :lol:

Thanks for the detailed description :cheers:

I'll try to absorb everything and make a serious effort. Did a run this morning but stopped quickly because today isn't the Day. Can't hit a single braking point and are way to aggressive on the car. You know those days that it is better simply not to run :lol:

With this car, that's certainly true! Any distracting thought is enough to ruin my focus.

Prompted by comment in CRAP thread... engine braking Moby too much will lock the rears, so especially for T1 I leave it pretty late before going down the gears, but not so late that I have to rush through them. That way the brake can be fully pressed almost until turn in without locking up, which seems to be the most practical way to do it.

One other thought on gears is that it might be worth staying in third through Ascari, but I didn't try it enough to find out if it would hurt acceleration out too much.

I one of the special events, the number of AI is set to 1 and it turns out to result in 20 AI cars. That is a bit too much for the ps4. I tend to stick with 11 AI cars to keep an acceptable framerate on my standard PS4. Is that the cutoff of others as well?

I one of the special events, the number of AI is set to 1 and it turns out to result in 20 AI cars. That is a bit too much for the ps4. I tend to stick with 11 AI cars to keep an acceptable framerate on my standard PS4. Is that the cutoff of others as well?

Hello Marco, I do the same. I run max 12 cars on track , myself included. It doesn't hamper the experience and the game runs smoother.

I have the same problem. I thought that cleaning ps4 cache the issue will go out, but nope. The worst situation when starting the race.

That's a fantastic drive! Love that car :D and prefer it over the 12 cylinder.

I golded that recently :cool:

It needs to be driven tidy but accelerating out of the corners is satisfying because it lets you play nicely with its power. The vintage stuff is simply :bowdown:

Been enjoying the 250f 6cylinder.must have been fun for drivers in real at the time they did race.

Getting back in the special events (starting over). Any others running them as well?

@Outspacer ran the Z4 GT3 beemer as a test today. Golded Imola in 3 laps :boggled:

Moby Dick is still a pain in the behind :lol:

I try and fit one or two in when I get the chance... but it hasn't been often this year :(

Ticked off the BMW M4 Akrapovic, 1M Stage 3 and Porsche 718 Cayman S at Vallelunga - looks like I only did 7 laps each on the last two, so not much to say about them. 30 laps on the M4 but probably just pushing to see how far I could go - almost 1 sec past gold.

Then found another lurker in the Porsche 911 Turbo S at Vallelunga - still 4 tenths off gold - to add to the cruel lurking Porsche Carrera S at Imola :lol:
The Turbo is clearly in the "tough but possible" group so maybe I'll crack it eventually... so few have beaten gold by more than 1/2 sec on rsr though...

rsr_911TurboS_Vallelunga.png

I don't think I've ever gone back and re-run any, apart from the few I re-did after changing from PS4 to PC, but you'd hope it wouldn't take as long the second time around (no, I won't prove that with Moby 🤬 Dick, it'd still take hours!).

I've never tried any of the special events @doblocruiser and @Outspacer ..........Maybe now's the perfect moment! :)

You'd probably just gold Moby Dick at Monza in a couple of laps and piss us both off! Or not... :mischievous:

Those two Porsche ones I mentioned though, there must be something I'm missing because I just seemed to hit a ceiling that I can't improve from.

You might find many are too easy, but it would be interesting to find out which ones challenge you :)

You'd probably just gold Moby Dick at Monza in a couple of laps and piss us both off! Or not... :mischievous:

Those two Porsche ones I mentioned though, there must be something I'm missing because I just seemed to hit a ceiling that I can't improve from.

You might find many are too easy, but it would be interesting to find out which ones challenge you :)

Haha I'll give it a go mate!! I've heard they're a bit unbalanced, some super easy and others almost impossible.....We'll see! ;)

Back