Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
I've been running some Ultimate Events and I am sure the difficulty has been toned down a bit in comparision to the named special events. They are still fun though! Those Alfa's at the Nordschleife are great fun :D

Hi guys anyone could advise me the best wheel setting for CSL elite on PS4. I've been heard a lot about the FFB in this game would've to experience it and compare it to other games. Many Thanks! Cheers!

Hi guys anyone could advise me the best wheel setting for CSL elite on PS4. I've been heard a lot about the FFB in this game would've to experience it and compare it to other games. Many Thanks! Cheers!
Hi,
I recently upgraded to a CSW 2.5, and was made aware (credit to @PzR Slim) of the official forums of Fanatec, where you can find suggested FFB settings for most sims.
Pretty great! :) And if you don't like them at least you have a base to start from.

In your case that would be: https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Tuning Menu Settings:
SEN Auto
FF 100
SHO 100
ABS User Preference
DRI -03
FOR 100
SPR 100*
DPR 100
BRF User Preference
FEI 070

*SPR value has no effect.

In-Game Settings:
Options>Video:
Virtual wheel rotation limit: 1080

Control options>Advanced Settings:
Force Feedback: 75%
Kerb FFB: 0%
Road FFB: 0%
Slip FFB: 0%
Understeer Effects: Off

Having trouble with the 911 RSR at Silverstone - it can cook super-softs in a single turn!! And it's super twitchy once a bit of understeer is tuned out (tried looser diff on coast and a tiny bit of toe out), even on softs. Still a few tenths off gold.

I haven't tried this one again since, so it's officially a lurker :grumpy:

'Roots', the Porsche 718 RS 60 Spyder at Silversone 1967, also seems pretty tough but I'll get it in the end - a mere 6 thousandths adrift after 40 laps or so :lol:

Read a comment somewhere that, being DLC, most of the Porsche laps are set to be quite hard. There's still 3 more of them just at Silverstone that I haven't tried yet - I'm mentally preparing myself for a bruised ego!

'Roots', the Porsche 718 RS 60 Spyder at Silversone 1967, also seems pretty tough but I'll get it in the end - a mere 6 thousandths adrift after 40 laps or so :lol:

Finally got gold, improved by a massive half a tenth after about 30 more laps :lol: It's a good thing it's a fun car to drive, even if drifting isn't the fastest way round ;)

Tyres: LF: 31 LR: 32 RF: 33 RR: 33

And one click of toe-in on the front wheels... seemed to help but it may have been placebo :dopey:

Yep, this has all the hallmarks of a tough one, with a much smaller peak on RSR for 1:53 gold (and silver - what peak?!) compared to 1:55 bronze:

AC_Roots_RSR.png

edit 2019-09-16: finally cracked the RSR at Silverstone with a 2:00.999... I'll take it!
That's all Silverstone hotlaps golded now :D

Last edited:
Maybe I am overlooking things but is there a way to activate to show AI names above the cars during a race? I ask this because I am setting up a custom championship in which I would be happy to show those names.

Édit: found it. Changed the HUD to minimal and the names appear. Recorder a race and saved the replay after every lap. Impossible to get it synced together in share factory. Replays run at a higher pace than the race itself :boggled:

Last edited:
Set AI to alien, set aggressivity to 85%, pick a DTM '93 car and go to Zandvoort. Have a blast :bowdown:

Add Silverstone International to the list as well. I am impressed by the AI. Does a very good job at this level.

I've switched between PCARS2 and AC the last few days and I must say AC simply is better then PC2 in terms of driving and AI. PC2 is very floaty and the cars don't feel planted. Never is sure if you can trust the car or not. The slippery handling everytime you hit a curb doesn't help either. I do like the TCR machines, tracks and conditions over AC but playability it just doesn't come close. Hope that for PC: Révolution they can solve those issues because I think PC2 is promising. AC C has lost me because I think GT3 is really :ill:

Wonder how the battle between PC and AC Will work out. Both have a lot going for it!

Add Silverstone International to the list as well. I am impressed by the AI. Does a very good job at this level.

I've switched between PCARS2 and AC the last few days and I must say AC simply is better then PC2 in terms of driving and AI. PC2 is very floaty and the cars don't feel planted. Never is sure if you can trust the car or not. The slippery handling everytime you hit a curb doesn't help either. I do like the TCR machines, tracks and conditions over AC but playability it just doesn't come close. Hope that for PC: Révolution they can solve those issues because I think PC2 is promising. AC C has lost me because I think GT3 is really :ill:

Wonder how the battle between PC and AC Will work out. Both have a lot going for it!
I was in the same situation as you. Jumping between Ac and Pc2 trying to get the best experience. Some days ago I did a quicky comparison between both games... I got the GT3 BMW and ran some laps at nords. While on AC I could complete a lap, on PC2 I couldn´t do that - very difficult to handle the car. Also I can see a very big difference in terms of graphics (running on std ps4). On pc2 I tested some laps at 19:00pm and while sunset was falling, I could see different colour pixels on my screen.

I really don´t know if playing on PC we will experience the same..

Last edited:
PC2 uses central pivot, that's why you are feeling that it's "wierd". Mad Engine is basically a heavily modified Need for Speed engine. Modified to incorporate the simulation elements is the game.

I'm not a big fan of PC2, either. It has that floaty hovercraft feeling like the Codemasters EGO engine which also uses center pivot.

ACC which I have been playing lately is absolutely sublime.

PC2 uses central pivot, that's why you are feeling that it's "wierd". Mad Engine is basically a heavily modified Need for Speed engine. Modified to incorporate the simulation elements is the game.

I'm not a big fan of PC2, either. It has that floaty hovercraft feeling like the Codemasters EGO engine which also uses center pivot.

ACC which I have been playing lately is absolutely sublime.

It's the feeling I got on PC2 but it is less obvious than in Codies games.

ACC only has GT3 cars and that for me is a really big letdown since I have 0 interest in those cars. I would prefer they build on the original AC and expand!

Yes. A noticeable improvement in FFB and the five-point tire model is a work of art.
Funny really and interesting how different people judge things differently.
Most reviewers/youtubers deemed ACC FFB to be worse than AC's.
I'm not in love with GT3s (especially that nearly every lobby in AC/PC2 is GT3) so I skipped over ACC, for now.

Funny really and interesting how different people judge things differently.
Most reviewers/youtubers deemed ACC FFB to be worse than AC's.
I'm not in love with GT3s (especially that nearly every lobby in AC/PC2 is GT3) so I skipped over ACC, for now.

Thing is, I didn't jump in until v1.8, and from what I understand current builds are quite a bit better than around launch time.

Hey guys.

As far as simply starting up the game, jumping in a car and driving, which is better? Assetto Corsa or Project Cars 2? No tuning, just jump straight in with a track and some AI cars

I have both games but AC is just from a different world compared to PC2.

I also have both and enjoy them both, but for different reasons. AC feels more sharp and seems to have the more realistic car behaviour. PC2 is awesome because of the large (mixed) grids and the weather and time of day, while still having a convincing enough physics model to keep me coming back.

I got AC recently and it's a handful. Brilliant sim experience.

What did they do to some of the car sounds though? I remember seeing LaFerrari gameplay videos of PS4 and Xbox One where it sounded loud and aggressive with hair-raising backfire effects. Those are gone and replaced with a tiny motor sound in cockpit/first-person views and overly loud /obnoxious trans whine. This thing doesn't even have a straight-cut race transmission or adjustable gear ratios, so why does it whine like that? Did they do a sound update or something? It sounds like a vacuum cleaner now. The loud backfires are gone too. (chase view still sounds great).

Same problem with 599xx, Zonda R, Huracan Performante and a few more (cockpit and bumper/hood views).

Guy anyone know why the handbrake dosnt work with the audi s1 rally car, ive got it mapped to a button but dosent work....i was trying to drift using handbrake but it`s not having it, short vid on ps4...

Just purchased assetto Corsa for a tenner on the PlayStation store.... What a difference to the bland GTsport it is.

Moved away from the popular GTsport and went the PC2 route at first. PC2 is good but slightly floored depending on the car you have picked.

I have just spent an hour thundering around Barcelona in a Cayman with 100% force-feed back on my wheel .... Wow what an awesome experience. I could feel the car sliding and twitching etc.

Worth every penny just for the practice sessions alone.

Currently saving up for a PC so I can go down the iracing/ACC online route. Until then I am more than happy to have a random online race now and again on praPC2 and practice my driving 'skills'

Just purchased assetto Corsa for a tenner on the PlayStation store.... What a difference to the bland GTsport it is.

Moved away from the popular GTsport and went the PC2 route at first. PC2 is good but slightly floored depending on the car you have picked.

I have just spent an hour thundering around Barcelona in a Cayman with 100% force-feed back on my wheel .... Wow what an awesome experience. I could feel the car sliding and twitching etc.

Worth every penny just for the practice sessions alone.

Currently saving up for a PC so I can go down the iracing/ACC online route. Until then I am more than happy to have a random online race now and again on praPC2 and practice my driving 'skills'

It is the best driving experience you can have on a console. No way GT Sport or Forza, or even PCARS2 can come close. And I'm playing on a controller - straight away I can tell how nuanced and true-to-life the physics are. They've done a really good job on most of the car sounds as well and I really like the clean, pristine and sharp visuals.

It's a must-have for anyone who's into cars and racing. MUST-have!

Is there a strong chance it would do you think?
Well i don't know really but the devs did say a console version of Acc depended on if it could run on them.
So i think ps4 is out of the question but ps5 im sure could handle it. I don't see why not, someone here said the console versions of AC sold more than the pc version. That surprises me i must say if true but glad if so, means there's a good chance then for their new games to come i guess to new consoles at least.
1 thing i love about ac is the replay exhaust sounds in tv cam hehe, and when you race you hear the other cars closing in, pretty scary sometimes if its an especially visceral sounding car.

I have to say though, I've been always talking up of Ac as being so much better than pc2 but i just recently gave it more time and it is really good too for me now.
Im on a std ps4 with a g29.
But Ac feels great right away, pc2 there's alot of tinkering to get it how you like it sometimes.

Back