Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
Have you had a chance to try it again or is it too soon?
Hey, I finally got back to AC this past weekend. My friend and I booted it up (the multiplayer section was loading super slow - the servers were messed up and everything took 10 times as long)...but we ran into the same problem where it would open the ps store.

I realized that 1 or 2 months ago we tried AC through shareplay. I played his Ultimate Edition. I assumed that those were interfering with the original game we had installed. I deleted the shareplay application for the ultimate edition on my ps4 and he did the same on his and it worked!

Kunos gave too many options for room creators, i think they should have kept the options from pre-made rooms only with basic changes like car/-class & track combo. Then allow full options for private (league) purposes. Watching the lobby list, there's maybe one out of ten room with decent room setup for racing, altough being titled as "racing".
Few examples:
- Unnecessary long waiting time before the race; +one hour prepare for 5lap race, pre-made's 15min for 8-10 lap was enough.
- Wrong qualify limit can cause the race to delay for half an hour.
- Need to do one test lap only to check the rate of tyre/fuel depletion.
- A room with decent combo can be ruined with too strict "allowed tyres out" option, meaning you can't touch a curb without 10sec penalty.
- No kick for inactivity, so basically every free run room has more idlers than drivers.
- 911 GT3 Cup is not a GT3 car...
- If you include GT2 with GT3 cars, don't try to equally match them by either disabling ABS from GT3 cars or allowing it for GT2 cars. Same thing with DTM Alfa 155, it's fine as it is.

Last edited:
Kunos gave too many options for room creators, i think they should have kept the options from pre-made rooms only with basic changes like car/-class & track combo. Then allow full options for private (league) purposes. Watching the lobby list, there's maybe one out of ten room with decent room setup for racing, altough being titled as "racing".
Few examples:
- Unnecessary long waiting time before the race; +one hour prepare for 5lap race, pre-made's 15min for 8-10 lap was enough.
- Wrong qualify limit can cause the race to delay for half an hour.
- Need to do one test lap only to check the rate of tyre/fuel depletion.
- A room with decent combo can be ruined with too strict "allowed tyres out" option, meaning you can't touch a curb without 10sec penalty.
- No kick for inactivity, so basically every free run room has more idlers than drivers.
- 911 GT3 Cup is not a GT3 car...
- If you include GT2 with GT3 cars, don't try to equally match them by either disabling ABS from GT3 cars or allowing it for GT2 cars. Same thing with DTM Alfa 155, it's fine as it is.
I don't do online racing much, besides here and there with some friends 1 on 1. In Driveclub I actually really enjoyed it because I was decent. Any time I attempt it in assetto corsa - and I don't know why I do - it's just people sitting there doing nothing while like 3 people try to keep up with each other in a practice or qualifying. No one skips sessions or anything, it's ridiculous.

Like Laguna Seca, but the box kerbs kill the flow of it, just hitting the apex is too risky and many struggle there. Already ruined many decent races. They removed the sausage kerbs from Vallelunga in patch X, so there's mild possibility, haha. At least for little adjustments...

Last edited:
I've read many times about how good the driving in this game is but I was still unprepared for just how sweet it is!
I bought the Ultimate Edition a few weeks ago but only yesterday did I try a 650GT3 on the Nurburgring and damn!

Project Cars 2 plays really well too but it's a bit too rough and jerky while GT Sport is so clean and smooth it's downright sterile. I actually don't like the Nurburgring very much but I wanted to see how AC does and I'm so impressed that I look forward to trying it in other games again.

I hope Kunos doesn't give up on us console plebs!

I'd be happy if Kunos skipped a generation of game and waited for the PS5 for their next console issue. ACC already seems like a one trick pony, so not really an AC successor, and Kunos already have issues with the PS4's power without even weather or ToD. Probably best to just run ACC on PC, and let the bugs get ironed out in the weather and ToD system, and then go straight to a full AC2 with its wide range of cars on the PS5 (2020? 2021?). It might even have enough poke for VR!

I recently renewed PS Plus to drive online/coach a buddy in GT Sport, and decided to look for some online racing in AC afterwards. I don't do Sport mode. It had been months since I let my subscription lapse, and longer since I raced online.

So I find a promising room and qualify well. It's looking like it'll be fun. Then, seconds before end of quali session I got the menu glitch where you can't do anything but quit the game. I frantically unplugged wheel, turned on DS controller, re-plugged wheel and eventually regained control with two red lights lit on the tree! Joy! Heading into turn 1 and... no FFB. I made it a lap before finally crashing. Driving with no FFB is like walking an icy tight-rope. Wasn't fun, quit. Serves me right for trying to find pleasure in life.

I recently renewed PS Plus to drive online/coach a buddy in GT Sport, and decided to look for some online racing in AC afterwards. I don't do Sport mode. It had been months since I let my subscription lapse, and longer since I raced online.

So I find a promising room and qualify well. It's looking like it'll be fun. Then, seconds before end of quali session I got the menu glitch where you can't do anything but quit the game. I frantically unplugged wheel, turned on DS controller, re-plugged wheel and eventually regained control with two red lights lit on the tree! Joy! Heading into turn 1 and... no FFB. I made it a lap before finally crashing. Driving with no FFB is like walking an icy tight-rope. Wasn't fun, quit. Serves me right for trying to find pleasure in life.
I hear you... Online racing for the casual player can be quite frustrating and a total waste of time.

I've been doing some hotlap special events and am I correct that the Ultimate Évents are easier than the named ones? Can someone also tell me if the Nordschleife hotlaps are do-able for non alien drivers? I am actually pretty hold back on those for some reason. I had a lot of difficulty with the AMG GT3 on Zandvoort but I managed to gold it after quite a few laps. Anyone know who set the times for the circuits? Sorry for all questions but I am just getting back in.

About the replays: It noticed they are still limited and the cars still 'swim' on track. My prefered view must be the static replay view. The angles combined with sounds work great!

Last edited:
I've been doing some hotlap special events and am I correct that the Ultimate Évents are easier than the named ones?

Not sure what you mean, did the Ultimate edition have some more events?

Can someone also tell me if the Nordschleife hotlaps are do-able for non alien drivers? I am actually pretty hold back on those for some reason. I had a lot of difficulty with the AMG GT3 on Zandvoort but I managed to gold it after quite a few laps. Anyone know who set the times for the circuits? Sorry for all questions but I am just getting back in.

Seems I haven't done many of the Nords hotlaps! On PS4, I golded "A Hell For You" (quite easy) but only bronzed "Under Nine" (almost silver, IIRC). Since moving to PC I golded "Life In The Fast Lane" - actually quite easy once I got onto the Superfast's wavelength (on a different track), but that took time :)

It's a shame the hotlaps' gold times are a bit inconsistent in general though. A couple have taken me a lot of laps (e.g "New Generation", 120 laps and a good setup), others just 1 or 2. That said, most have taken me between 20 and 50 laps which feels like a reasonable challenge. It's the 'too easy' ones that disappoint more!

Not sure what you mean, did the Ultimate edition have some more events?

The Ultimate Édition has events that are named 'Ultimate Event #67' etc. While the normal normal ones have a name or phrase. They seem easier.

Example found: there are 2 évents with the Porsche 908LH at Brands Hatch. Regular event 1:36:00 and Ultimate event 1:41:00 as gold time . A différence of 5 seconds! I mean :ill:

Hmmmm you say 'a good setup' , that is something I don't really like. I've done all events with a stock setup and I don't really want to fiddle around. Since mostly I don't have a clue.

I'll try to find the ones you mention, mine are named in French, so I'll have to search a bit since the phrases can bé différent.

Thanks for your answers :cheers:

Last edited:
The Ultimate Édition has events that are named 'Ultimate Event #67' etc. While the normal normal ones have a name or phrase. They seem easier.

Example found: there are 2 évents with the Porsche 908LH at Brands Hatch. Regular event 1:36:00 and Ultimate event 1:41:00 as gold time . A différence of 5 seconds! I mean :ill:

Oh dear... they are really quite pointless then :(

Hmmmm you say 'a good setup' , that is something I don't really like. I've done all events with a stock setup and I don't really want to fiddle around. Since mostly I don't have a clue.

I mentioned that one because it's unusual - mostly just reducing fuel to the minimum and tweaking tyre pressures is enough (usually lowering PSI, and making the pressures end up the same for all tyres). On PC we can have 'Tyre Pressure Engineer' app that tells how much to adjust by. On console you can't use the add-on, but you can read its ini file on your PC which has all the optimal pressures (and temps).

I'll try to find the ones you mention, mine are named in French, so I'll have to search a bit since the phrases can bé différent.

A Hell For You is the Audi Sport Quattro, Under Nine is the Toyota AE86. "New Generation" is Porsche GT3 Cup at Zandvoort. The others at Zandvoort have the gold time set pretty well, I think, since I managed them all (with some effort but no setup) but none by more than a second. I'd say I'm quick by trial and error; certainly not alien :)

However, that's on PC (with VR) and I think I would find it harder to match those times on PS4, particularly with twitchier cars. Somehow the FFB (with T300) just doesn't feel quite as well connected, although it's a very subtle difference.

Lower psi 3-5 clicks in road cars that have semi slicks

I mentioned that one because it's unusual - mostly just reducing fuel to the minimum and tweaking tyre pressures is enough (usually lowering PSI, and making the pressures end up the same for all tyres). On PC we can have 'Tyre Pressure Engineer' app that tells how much to adjust by. On console you can't use the add-on, but you can read its ini file on your PC which has all the optimal pressures (and temps).

I have found the ini-file with all the PSI settings. It helped me to gold the Mclaren at Vallelunga! Still I wonder if it was PSI or simply my laptimes improved due to the time invested. In doubt since that Z4 GT3 at Imola is causing me a headache :lol:

A Hell For You is the Audi Sport Quattro, Under Nine is the Toyota AE86. "New Generation" is Porsche GT3 Cup at Zandvoort. The others at Zandvoort have the gold time set pretty well, I think, since I managed them all (with some effort but no setup) but none by more than a second. I'd say I'm quick by trial and error; certainly not alien

Thanks for those! I haven't done them yet but I had the pleasure to drive that groupe b machine on the Highlands track. How much epicness can one expect:odd: Surely wasn't ready for that :drool::bowdown:

Tested a few more Ultimate Events and they are as the normal ones a mix of easier and utterly hard. So inconsistency is there as well. Still some lovely combinations and as you said @Outspacer , one needs to invest some time. I use a T150 and the feedback is nice. Strange thing is that I find it comparable to the smoothness of SLR EVO from Milestone.

I have found the ini-file with all the PSI settings. It helped me to gold the Mclaren at Vallelunga! Still I wonder if it was PSI or simply my laptimes improved due to the time invested.

In many cases it isn't a huge difference (compared to just making PSI the same for all tyres after a couple of laps) but can still make the difference between silver and gold.

In doubt since that Z4 GT3 at Imola is causing me a headache :lol:

Me too lol, only bronze with a poor 1:48.4, and I'm not sure where I'm lacking. There aren't any other Z4 GT3 hotlaps to compare against, and I haven't driven at Imola much yet.

Thanks for those! I haven't done them yet but I had the pleasure to drive that groupe b machine on the Highlands track. How much epicness can one expect:odd: Surely wasn't ready for that :drool::bowdown:

That is a mental machine! The hotlap at Nords is just the 'regular' (homologation) car though, not the "s1 e2" group B monster.

Tested a few more Ultimate Events and they are as the normal ones a mix of easier and utterly hard. So inconsistency is there as well. Still some lovely combinations and as you said @Outspacer , one needs to invest some time. I use a T150 and the feedback is nice. Strange thing is that I find it comparable to the smoothness of SLR EVO from Milestone.

Oh don't get me wrong, feedback with T300 on PS4 is really nice. It's just that on PC, with certain cars, it feels like I have an even better connection with the car. It's a very small difference - insignificant for most cars.

I have found the ini-file with all the PSI settings. It helped me to gold the Mclaren at Vallelunga! Still I wonder if it was PSI or simply my laptimes improved due to the time invested. In doubt since that Z4 GT3 at Imola is causing me a headache :lol:

These videos from Aris who does the physics in AC should help you. Intersesting videos that helped me shave seconds a lap instantly. I always post these videos.

These videos from Aris who does the physics in AC should help you. Intersesting videos that helped me shave seconds a lap instantly. I always post these videos.

Great! This old man can use some expert tips 👍
  • edit: first video: I know for years I have to use the whole track and look for reference points, then why on earth ain't I doing it :irked: With AC though you really need to apply it to get the events done. Something almost no other racer requires. I think I should properly apply that technique. Certainly is an area where I am lacking and also fluidity through a set of corners. Point taken :lol:
  • Edit2: second video: Know as well but badly applied by me. I rarely change ratios and I always shift by ear without paying attention to actual torque and power figures. Once more, I surely have room for improvement here 👍

Me too lol, only bronze with a poor 1:48.4, and I'm not sure where I'm lacking. There aren't any other Z4 GT3 hotlaps to compare against, and I haven't driven at Imola much yet.

Me neither but I will watch the vids Mr Delta posted and see what I can do. If I crack it and that is a big if! I'll post the vid :)

Last edited:
  • edit: first video: I know for years I have to use the whole track and look for reference points, then why on earth ain't I doing it :irked: With AC though you really need to apply it to get the events done. Something almost no other racer requires. I think I should properly apply that technique. Certainly is an area where I am lacking and also fluidity through a set of corners. Point taken :lol:

There's also a good set of videos on setup made by Chris Haye not long ago, but as he says in the first one, if your technique is lacking then you should work on that first! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWSWQyqnLDu7tLWE9P35Qog6Z8_xb7l_g

Me neither but I will watch the vids Mr Delta posted and see what I can do. If I crack it and that is a big if! I'll post the vid :)

Or do what I've done and leave it lurking darkly in the background while doing some of the others :lol: Hoping that we'll learn something that helps us!

There's also a good set of videos on setup made by Chris Haye not long ago, but as he says in the first one, if your technique is lacking then you should work on that first! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWSWQyqnLDu7tLWE9P35Qog6Z8_xb7l_g

Or do what I've done and leave it lurking darkly in the background while doing some of the others :lol: Hoping that we'll learn something that helps us!

Will check videos later but for now I have 2 areas where I surely can improve. Not sure if that is enough for the Z4 but I'll give it a shot. I want to beat that :dunce:

edit: cleaned up my driving after the vids. After 2 laps 1:46:6xx ;) Need to shave off 6 tenths once more...

Last edited:
  • Edit2: second video: Know as well but badly applied by me. I rarely change ratios and I always shift by ear without paying attention to actual torque and power figures. Once more, I surely have room for improvement here 👍
Same here. Watching these videos made me realise how I've lost it over the years. I never adjust gear ratios either. I think that's largely because I just like to jump in and enjoy racing and not being bothered by times or winning. On the first 4 Gran Turismos I would spend hours tuning and testing.

I came across those videos last week and put them in my watch list.

So guys...:eek:

Assetto Corsa.png

@Outspacer vids to follow 👍

What I did after watching the videos @lancia delta hf posted is take a couple of steps back and apply the technique from the first 2 videos. I immediately was faster but it took a couple of more laps to get closer to the ideal braking points. If I watch the replay I can see there is still time for improvement and I have some doubts about the shifting in some places. It is hard to put it all faultless together. There is room for error left in the time set by Kunos but I found it a pretty hard nut to crack. I am far from an alien so also for the mortals it should be doable :D

Using the width of the track did wonders. I picked up some more speed everywhere which made me go below the 1:46 in the end. I've made some small changes to gears, fuel and tires. I've put the screens of the setupchanges in the video as well. Hope it helps :cheers:

What I did after watching the videos @lancia delta hf posted is take a couple of steps back and apply the technique from the first 2 videos. I immediately was faster but it took a couple of more laps to get closer to the ideal braking points. If I watch the replay I can see there is still time for improvement and I have some doubts about the shifting in some places. It is hard to put it all faultless together. There is room for error left in the time set by Kunos but I found it a pretty hard nut to crack. I am far from an alien so also for the mortals it should be doable :D

Using the width of the track did wonders. I picked up some more speed everywhere which made me go below the 1:46 in the end. I've made some small changes to gears, fuel and tires. I've put the screens of the setupchanges in the video as well. Hope it helps :cheers:

That's a tidy lap, nice and smooth! :)

So this all prompted me to have another go, and after maybe 15 laps I just got gold. Then a few more to see how far I could go, 1:45.537 in the end. Theoretically there might be a few more tenths I could get, but getting them all in one lap is tricky! I used 5L of fuel, soft tires, and raised the pressures by 3 psi on the left and 2 psi on the right (to get them to their optimum 26 all round when hot), and TC on 4. With that, the car felt nice but I still find Imola difficult... most of the second half of it, TBH. I didn't change gearbox at all, I guess if I did I'd just shorten the whole lot a little - mostly to avoid short bursts of second gear out of some corners.

That's a tidy lap, nice and smooth! :)

So this all prompted me to have another go, and after maybe 15 laps I just got gold. Then a few more to see how far I could go, 1:45.537 in the end. Theoretically there might be a few more tenths I could get, but getting them all in one lap is tricky! I used 5L of fuel, soft tires, and raised the pressures by 3 psi on the left and 2 psi on the right (to get them to their optimum 26 all round when hot), and TC on 4. With that, the car felt nice but I still find Imola difficult... most of the second half of it, TBH. I didn't change gearbox at all, I guess if I did I'd just shorten the whole lot a little - mostly to avoid short bursts of second gear out of some corners.

That is an awesome lap! Very well done 👍

I agree that Imola is a difficult track, the élévation changes and the corners ask a lot of concentration. I didn't push after I golded since I was happy I cracked it.

Have another one lurking in the dark? Seems we push eachother Just that thad further :cheers:

That is an awesome lap! Very well done 👍

I agree that Imola is a difficult track, the élévation changes and the corners ask a lot of concentration. I didn't push after I golded since I was happy I cracked it.

Have another one lurking in the dark? Seems we push eachother Just that thad further :cheers:

Ha, well, on the first gold lap I was 0.8 seconds up on my previous best (that was about 0.2 secs off gold), but I took the last couple of corners so carefully that I lost more than 0.5 sec and only just got the gold! So I didn't want to leave it with such a big gap to what I knew I could do :)

I also did "For The Drive", the McLaren 570S at Imola, and I'd say it's a pretty tough one! Just scraped gold by 11 thousandths, and there weren't any obvious mistakes or time losses in my lap to go back and correct. That was with just fuel and tyre pressure tweaks, adjusting gears might help.

I tend to do all of the hotlaps for a particular track together, so next for me is probably the rest at Imola. A nice collection of cars to do there - Countach, Ferrari GTO, 911 Carrera S, and Sesto Elemento. Although I've just spotted that I've only done two of the three hotlaps at Monza 1966 Road Course, with the GT40 left to do, so that might sneak in first.

Lurking, there are a few! McLaren MP4-12C GT3 at Silverstone (silver), Audi R8 LMS 2016 at Brands Hatch (bronze), and Ferrari 250 GTO at Brands Hatch GP (bronze). Probably attempted much earlier this year and maybe I've improved since then. There's a lot I haven't tried yet, having only 'completed' Spa, Magione, Zandvoort and Brands Hatch Indy.

Back