Assetto corsa coming to PS4 and Xbox one

• Thread starter hennessey86
  • 10,511 comments
I noticed you took the Rosberg approach at Druids (go 30 meters past the apex, THEN turn in). :lol:

Oh... well now I'm sympathetic, even though I already was. Either the front end washed away or I was avoiding a spin. I love the car just like I said, but that doesn't mean it doesn't terrify me. :P

Do we have a car list for the console versions?

I just assumed it would come with all the PC DLC, but the devs said the Japanese and Red packs are DLC on consoles... Wow. I just assumed with so little content they would include everything they can. I am kind of shocked they would launch with paid DLC.

3. You get 3 free cars if you pre-order and in some cases even 9 cars.
I love AC every bit as much as the next guy, but you can't say "You get 3-9 free cars if you pre-order". They want you to buy the game regardless of reviews and the like. It should rather say "If you don't pre-order, you have to pay again for three to nine cars that PC players for the most part received for free". And to have up to 10% of the car count removed just as a cheap initiative to make you pre-order the game is quite questionable to be honest ...

I love AC every bit as much as the next guy, but you can't say "You get 3-9 free cars if you pre-order". They want you to buy the game regardless of reviews and the like. It should rather say "If you don't pre-order, you have to pay again for three to nine cars that PC players for the most part received for free". And to have up to 10% of the car count removed just as a cheap initiative to make you pre-order the game is quite questionable to be honest ...
I agree you can discuss about point 3, but point 1 and 2 are still valid.
If they would have asked 10 or 15€ more for the base game and included all the dlc, nobody would have said anything.

DLC day one should be forbidden IMO. I want to buy this game and I love how clear they are about what will come or won't in AC. But please no preorder bonus and DLC at launch.

This is the nature of the gaming industry now, pre-order bonuses are pretty much mandatory. And this decision was likely done by the publisher and not Kunos. Like it or not, it's the way things are now. In my opinion you should definitely pre-order, I'm pretty confident that AC will not be another PCars fiasco and those who decided to wait will regret it. You're likely going to get the game at some point anyway, why deprive yourself of some free cars? Even if there are a few issues at launch, the boys are very quick to fix things and will literally work around the clock if necessary. In my nearly two years playing AC I've encountered far, far, far fewer issues than in one month with PCars.

To the other point, the amount of content console users are getting for $50 a lot of PC users likely paid $70 or more for, so you guys are still coming out just fine. And Kunos DLC packs are probably some of the best bang for your buck in gaming. $10 for 6-8 cars and a laser-scanned track? That's a no-brainer (especially when you consider you couldn't even get one car in iRacing for that price). The content may look small compared to the likes of Gran Turismo or Forza, but what's there offers great variety and quality and is plenty to keep you happy. I'd rather have 100 cars that all feel unique and different than 1,000 cars that all basically feel the same.

It's just my opinion, and I could be wrong, but if you enjoy sim racing you will enjoy AC and should get it asap. You may find the career and content to be a bit lacking compared to previous console titles, but once you get in the cockpit and take the car on track you will forget about any short-comings. This is one of those games that you can literally spend an entire evening just driving one car around the Nords and end with a massive smile on your face.

2. We get 3 dlc packs for free which the pc players had to pay for.
Yup that's about 26 bucks which we, the master race, had to spend additionally which console users get included for about the price of the base game on steam. Only fair the 2 most recent ones aren't freebies too.

1. The base game is at least 10€ cheaper than most other racing games on console.
2. We get 3 dlc packs for free which the pc players had to pay for.
3. You get 3 free cars if you pre-order and in some cases even 9 cars.

And still people complain and want MORE ?

Of course we want more, these tracks and cars are already paid for, hell most of the game is. It's just a port. If the content is already in the game then it should be on disc day 1. Especially when most other console sims, well ALL other console sims have much more content included. I love AC but to me this is dirty money grabbing.

Its crazy that in another forum on this site GTS gets grilled for "only" having a couple of hundred cars but if you take out the duplicates AC has what? Like 60 max? And now we even some of them are going to be paid DLC but because its AC its gets a pass?..

Last edited:
Regarding DLC, and based on its prices for PC, how much can console users expect to pay for:

- the 9 cars of Prestige pack;
- the Japanese pack;
- the Red pack;
- the three Porsche packs.

Would 50€ be enough?

Just to get an idea.

Regarding DLC, and based on its prices for PC, how much can console users expect to pay for:

- the 9 cars of Prestige pack;
- the Japanese pack;
- the Red pack;
- the three Porsche packs.

Would 50€ be enough?

Just to get an idea.
The 3 Porsche packs are not even ready yet, the first will come in september(?).

On amazon.de you can buy the game + prestige pack for 45€
Japanese pack is 5€ on steam
Red pack is 10€ on steam

Total = 60€ (most new racing games costs between 60 and 70€)

So basically you get all existing dlc for free.

Last edited:
Of course we want more, these tracks and cars are already paid for, hell most of the game is. It's just a port. If the content is already in the game then it should be on disc day 1. Especially when most other console sims, well ALL other console sims have much more content included. I love AC but to me this is dirty money grabbing.

Its crazy that in another forum on this site GTS gets grilled for "only" having a couple of hundred cars but if you take out the duplicates AC has what? Like 60 max? And now we even some of them are going to be paid DLC but because its AC its gets a pass?..

I can appreciate that being on the other side of the fence you would have that point of view. When I was a console player I might have had a similar view. But having been on this side of the fence for a couple years I have a different outlook. AC isn't god's gift to sim racing, it doesn't have every feature you could ever want or every car/track you could want. But what it does do/have it does very well, the cars are unique and feel great, the tracks are beautiful, the physics are addicting, and in my two years I've encountered virtually no bugs or glitches. It just works, and it just feels right.

Comparing the car count to games like GT or Forza is comparing apples to oranges, actually it's probably more like comparing brussel sprouts to oranges. The cars in AC are highly detailed and accurate, each one feels totally different to the other cars and has it's own unique characteristics. It also has a very nice blend of street cars and race cars, low powered cars and high powered cars. I would take 20 AC cars over 1,000 GT cars every single time. Every. Single. Time. AC is different. Kunos is different. It has that intangible "something" that makes it greater than the sum of its parts and any weaknesses are generally balanced out by its strengths. And the dev team is passionate, dedicated, talented, and fun. Plus they communicate with us regularly, and they keep their promises (looking at you Kaz).

As for the DLC, you've all payed hundreds of dollars for a PS4/XBone and possibly hundreds more dollars for your wheel/pedals. What's another $10-20 for some of the highest quality cars in sim racing? Kunos is in this because they genuinely love and have a passion for sim racing/cars, but they also need to make money too, and I feel pretty confident in saying that the money they make from the DLCs will directly benefit all of us in the future, so it's a good investment.

I can appreciate that being on the other side of the fence you would have that point of view. When I was a console player I might have had a similar view. But having been on this side of the fence for a couple years I have a different outlook. AC isn't god's gift to sim racing, it doesn't have every feature you could ever want or every car/track you could want. But what it does do/have it does very well, the cars are unique and feel great, the tracks are beautiful, the physics are addicting, and in my two years I've encountered virtually no bugs or glitches. It just works, and it just feels right.

Comparing the car count to games like GT or Forza is comparing apples to oranges, actually it's probably more like comparing brussel sprouts to oranges. The cars in AC are highly detailed and accurate, each one feels totally different to the other cars and has it's own unique characteristics. It also has a very nice blend of street cars and race cars, low powered cars and high powered cars. I would take 20 AC cars over 1,000 GT cars every single time. Every. Single. Time. AC is different. Kunos is different. It has that intangible "something" that makes it greater than the sum of its parts and any weaknesses are generally balanced out by its strengths. And the dev team is passionate, dedicated, talented, and fun. Plus they communicate with us regularly, and they keep their promises (looking at you Kaz).

As for the DLC, you've all payed hundreds of dollars for a PS4/XBone and possibly hundreds more dollars for your wheel/pedals. What's another $10-20 for some of the highest quality cars in sim racing? Kunos is in this because they genuinely love and have a passion for sim racing/cars, but they also need to make money too, and I feel pretty confident in saying that the money they make from the DLCs will directly benefit all of us in the future, so it's a good investment.
You pretty much said everything I was thinking. :)

What? First you say Assetto Corsa only has a couple of tracks and now you say GTS has a couple of hundred cars? :rolleyes:

The 3 Porsche packs are not even ready yet, the first will come in september(?).

On amazon.de you can buy the game + prestige pack for 45€
Japanese pack is 5€ on steam
Red pack is 10€ on steam

Total = 60€ (most new racing games costs between 60 and 70€)

So basically you get all existing dlc for free.
Thanks for that.

And sure about the Porsche pack not being out yet. But 30€ should be expected at least, no?

I'm just doing the math for someone who gets the game in, say, two months time (or around Christmas) and wants to have access to everything. In that case, I think we'll be looking at around 100€.

AC DLC pricing for purely cars might well be lower than that, but I guess it depends how expensive the Porsche license is.

Thanks for that.

And sure about the Porsche pack not being out yet. But 30€ should be expected at least, no?

I'm just doing the math for someone who gets the game in, say, two months time (or around Christmas) and wants to have access to everything. In that case, I think we'll be looking at around 100€.

Historically, DLC packs have been around $8-10 for packs with cars and tracks and the one pack we got that had only cars was $5.

I'm not a fan of pre-order bonuses or even some DLC on a game like "yellow costume" at 0'99€ or even above.

But now all the games comes with pre-order bonuses and DLC (even GT Sport)

But if the game is good and likes me...why not support it..
Some off the cars from the prestige pre-order bonus from assetto are still not in the game, like the Ferrari 488 GTB or Audi S1.

I preordained the game in March, and the prestige edition here in Spain costs 43'95€.. So for what it's offers it's more than 20€ cheaper as most games.

The console version off assetto was previewed to be launched in April... So normaly the Japanese and red pack where Post launched DLC like now..

I can understand that they are a very little studio with now 30 persons and a studio value of 3 million €... When kunos started they were 3 persons with a budget of 70.000€ like Marco Massarutto said in the last streaming..

So for me what they achieved is very very big.
I will support them since launch day.
And if the love for their job and for the cars and game persist like till now, every DLC they're launch i will buy it.

I realy think that studios like PD or Turn10 can learn at lot from this group of Italian petrolheads...They even showed that with lots of excellent work and with the quality they achieved a special agreement directly with Porsche cause they make now the simulators for Porsche centers.

Kudos to Kunos.
I prefer quality in front of quantity

My only real dissatisfaction is with unexpectedly small on-line - just 12 players? Strange, these consoles must be crap.

Considering I've played a certain game that Also was on PC that had up to 16 players online on PS4, doesn't seem to be a console problem.

I'm not a fan of pre-order bonuses or even some DLC on a game like "yellow costume" at 0'99€ or even above.

But now all the games comes with pre-order bonuses and DLC (even GT Sport)

But if the game is good and likes me...why not support it..
Some off the cars from the prestige pre-order bonus from assetto are still not in the game, like the Ferrari 488 GTB or Audi S1.

I preordained the game in March, and the prestige edition here in Spain costs 43'95€.. So for what it's offers it's more than 20€ cheaper as most games.

The console version off assetto was previewed to be launched in April... So normaly the Japanese and red pack where Post launched DLC like now..

I can understand that they are a very little studio with now 30 persons and a studio value of 3 million €... When kunos started they were 3 persons with a budget of 70.000€ like Marco Massarutto said in the last streaming..

So for me what they achieved is very very big.
I will support them since launch day.
And if the love for their job and for the cars and game persist like till now, every DLC they're launch i will buy it.

I realy think that studios like PD or Turn10 can learn at lot from this group of Italian petrolheads...They even showed that with lots of excellent work and with the quality they achieved a special agreement directly with Porsche cause they make now the simulators for Porsche centers.

Kudos to Kunos.
I prefer quality in front of quantity

Spot on mate. 👍 Just to clarify, I believe about 65% of those 30 employees are contracted 3D modelers that only make car models. The core group that does all the nitty gritty work is around 10 guys and I believe 1 guy does all the coding, one guy does all the sounds, one guy does all the physics, it's literally a tiny team of dedicated guys who have created a product that goes toe-to-toe with the big dogs. It's impressive and admirable, and they still seem to have both feet fully planted on the ground even after all their success.

It's a common practice in any industry to weigh costs of production against the quantity and quality to be sold. Keeping the pricing standards of games in mind, this should explain why there will be day one DLC. However, I do agree that pre-order bonuses aren't cool, but we can hope these won't stay exclusive.

Last edited:
They want you to buy the game regardless of reviews and the like...

While I kind of agree with your point, I myself thoroughly dislike the idea of pre-ordering and locked extra content as a result and never pre-order anything myself, but your second part as quoted here doesn't really apply in this case. AC has been around since 2013 on the PC and has been critically acclaimed/overwhelmingly received by the public for that entire duration, over and over again (when new DLC or patches are released). It is also confirmed that the consoles will be getting the same identical physics engine as the PC game, therefore console players already know the game they are getting in advance.

The content may look small compared to the likes of Gran Turismo or Forza... I'd rather have 100 cars that all feel unique and different than 1,000 cars that all basically feel the same... once you get in the cockpit and take the car on track you will forget about any short-comings. This is one of those games that you can literally spend an entire evening just driving one car around the Nords and end with a massive smile on your face.

And this basically sums up for me why I get more enjoyment and a better experience out of Assetto Corsa than I did with the two most recent Gran Turismo titles and several other racing games. Never at any point in GT5 or GT6 did I feel like doing a 2 hour, full sim, F1/Touring Car/GT race and then upon seeing the chequered flag think "It's over already"?. Too many times have I set up random grids, picked a car of my choice, planned to have 30-45 minutes of fun before bed and it's turned into a 2.5 hour session. In AC, I do this about twice weekly if my psychological coin toss hasn't landed on Dirt Rally. Can't say the same has happened with any other racing game since GT4 (and I guess Motorstorm MV/PR online).

Hi guys i'm new here (and sorry for my english)...
I have a question, i pre-ordered the game on Playstation Store time ago (with 3 cars bonus) and only today i found out that if i had pre-ordered the game in store like Amazon, the bonus cars would have been 9, instead of 3 :banghead:... now, the question is: can i buy those cars in the future via dlc? or this cars are pre-order exclusive? anybody know?
thank you...

Hi guys i'm new here (and sorry for my english)...
I have a question, i pre-ordered the game on Playstation Store time ago (with 3 cars bonus) and only today i found out that if i had pre-ordered the game in store like Amazon, the bonus cars would have been 9, instead of 3 :banghead:... now, the question is: can i buy those cars in the future via dlc? or this cars are pre-order exclusive? anybody know?
thank you...
Nobody knows, but if you want to play save, just cancel your digital pre-order and pre-order it on amazon.

Back