Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
First you guys (he said as if he doesn't own a console) get Assetto Corsa, and now you're getting Competizione!? Can we have something to ourselves!?

...He said again as if he doesn't own a console.

Joking aside, I'm happy you guys get to experience this as well. if you played and enjoyed AC, there's no way you won't enjoy this as it's better than the original. Looks better too, but I don't expect that to be reflected too much until later this year when the Series X and PS5 launch. 👍

I will buy it anyway, but is there any information about crossplay and about PSVR compatibility? Will there be a PS5 re-release with features that are not included if I play the PS4 version on PS5?

No one knows that, for sure, but those are the big questions for me.

Now they just need to make it cross platform compatible.

This 1000000%. If they want to stand out, this will do it, and ensure longevity and decent sales of the game. But I fear ACC on console will just play second fiddle to the PC version just like AC1. Hope I’m wrong.

When GT4 comes out, what are the chances of multiclass?

First you guys (he said as if he doesn't own a console) get Assetto Corsa, and now you're getting Competizione!? Can we have something to ourselves!?

...He said again as if he doesn't own a console.

Joking aside, I'm happy you guys get to experience this as well. if you played and enjoyed AC, there's no way you won't enjoy this as it's better than the original. Looks better too, but I don't expect that to be reflected too much until later this year when the Series X and PS5 launch. 👍
Lol it really is a revolutionary game that everyone should get to experience. It changes the way you think, the way you have to keep every inch of your lap the exact same as the last, and you drive more relaxed. I have never had a wreck in a competition race. Everyone is very patient and that's why I love this sim

This 1000000%. If they want to stand out, this will do it, and ensure longevity and decent sales of the game. But I fear ACC on console will just play second fiddle to the PC version just like AC1. Hope I’m wrong.

When GT4 comes out, what are the chances of multiclass?
This would be absolutely massive. Especially since there's no need to consider input differences between PC and console like in other genres. Just having that even larger pool of drivers to race against would be so amazing.

It definitely won't perform as well, due to thermals, and if ppl try 4k they're gonna get even worse performance. I think HDR looks horrible and without it I can run epic settings and my frames at 120 all day

Due to thermals? More due to the fact these consoles use seven year old CPUs. People won't "try" 4K. The game will have 4K support or not. You don't "try" stuff on consoles. You don't have that kind of option, unless developers include something like a performance/movie mode with frame-rate or resolution preference, but this is unlikely in a racing game. My guess is that ACC will only support 1080p on consoles, but we can only speculate at this point.

Your HDR comment is really weird. First, HDR should not impact performance. This is not how HDR works. Secondly, HDR looks pretty good in this title. Maybe you don't have configured it right. Last but not least, running ACC at 120 frames must be quite an epic task on a MSI 2070. I own a 2070 myself and i can achieve 60 fps in 1440p on high details, which is fine. 120 fps sounds a bit far stretched. Are you running the game in 720p?

Is it guaranteed that they will be on the next gen consoles though? Or did you mean through backward compatibility?

Nothing is guaranteed but it is highly likely, don't you think? I don't now how good ACC will look and how well it will perform on the current gen consoles. Honestly the original Assetto Corsa was pretty awful on PS4 and Xbox One, but it never took advantage of the enhanced consoles and ACC uses Unreal Engine 4, which is easier to port and should scale down better. In any case, there will be limitations. The new consoles are just around the corner and should be capable of a perfect port. So it is only logical to assume they will bring this game to PS5 and Series X as well. Through backward compatibility at the very least, maybe they are planing a next-gen patch or a stand-alone version as well. I think developers are free to choose how they deal with that on Series X at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to happy with the handling model of the first game. As i own 2 cars that are in the game and they are a pain to drive even with a wheel setup in the game. Gave up on the original very quickly. Na miata should not be as hard as it was in the game to drive around a track and in real life you can just throw the car around all day and never lose control

I just run native on
Due to thermals? More due to the fact these consoles use seven year old CPUs. People won't "try" 4K. The game will have 4K support or not. You don't "try" stuff on consoles. You don't have that kind of option, unless developers include something like a performance/movie mode with frame-rate or resolution preference, but this is unlikely in a racing game. My guess is that ACC will only support 1080p on consoles, but we can only speculate at this point.

Your HDR comment is really weird. First, HDR should not impact performance. This is not how HDR works. Secondly, HDR looks pretty good in this title. Maybe you don't have configured it right. Last but not least, running ACC at 120 frames must be quite an epic task on a MSI 2070. I own a 2070 myself and i can achieve 60 fps in 1440p on high details, which is fine. 120 fps sounds a bit far stretched. Are you running the game in 720p?
Native on 34" curved ultrawide. And turning on 4k definitely kills your frames man. That's a fact

Haaaaa! Even I was to the point of believing that it would only be next gen. Great news, will pre-order ASAP and delete my PC hardware wishlist on Newegg lol

Here's hoping they can improve controller implementation so I can get some of my buddies to play.

This would be absolutely massive. Especially since there's no need to consider input differences between PC and console like in other genres. Just having that even larger pool of drivers to race against would be so amazing.

The fact they used the Unreal Engine bodes well for the possibility of cross platform. Fortnite and Street Fighter V both use it as well, granted racing games could be a different can of worms.. The question is can Kunos support the backend required with account management, console online services and what not.

But I fear ACC on console will just play second fiddle to the PC version just like AC1. Hope I’m wrong.

This might bode well for PC and consoles being on a similar patch cycle later in the year / early next year with the British GT DLC.

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 9.35.30 AM.png

My biggest dream, would be if this is playable with PSVR :-)

Having bought the game on PC and refunded it due to poor (almost undrivable) performance in VR on my 1070-based laptop, I'd rate the likelihood of this running on PSVR as slim to non-existent, unless they have managed some massive optimisation magic. And if they have, I want that magic in the PC version so I can play it :D

Interesting. From a person that never played AC and play a lot of GT Sport, how would you get me to try? Can anyone compare?

Play AC1. Pretty similar. Light years ahead GT Sport on physics and force feedback.
Beware. For me, life was simpler before AC. Never thought the extra little bit of realism would matter to me until I got a taste. GT can still be fun, but will never be the same. Meanwhile, you'll find yourself wishing AC could be as polished and well-executed as a Gran Turismo game. Let's see how ACC goes on console, if they can close that gap.

The fact they used the Unreal Engine bodes well for the possibility of cross platform. Fortnite and Street Fighter V both use it as well, granted racing games could be a different can of worms.. The question is can Kunos support the backend required with account management, console online services and what not.
Yea seems like a tall order for Kunos. Will be great if they can manage. It would definitely benefit the game in terms of keeping people interested over time.

This is awesome news. I just wonder if we are gonna get a barebones port or a fully developed title for console.

Really surprised by this, thought by now it be ps5 etc only. Especially it seems to be really demanding on pc.

Probably will be worth it more on ps5.
Hoping for an AC2 after that, with more newer hypercars.

I think that the game will run well, otherwise i dont think kunos release it

Like they did with the first one? Now with a game with not so good performance on PC?

I think Kunos is launching ACC on consoles because it's a market of 150 million consoles, and, because of the similar architecture with future consoles, I presume it can be ported to PS5/SeriesX quite easily.

Like they did with the first one? Now with a game with not so good performance on PC?

I think Kunos is launching ACC on consoles because it's a market of 150 million consoles, and, because of the similar architecture with future consoles, I presume it can be ported to PS5/SeriesX quite easily.
But it runs really well on my std ps4, but i don't put more than 14 cars maybe in a race. Clean image and smooth even on replays.

Back