Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
Coming from the PC side, but I’m not particularly happy that they give people on console the chance to buy the game with the DLC included.

Now, I did buy the game when it was in the early beta stages on PC (probably $25 it was), but I particularly feel that Kunos should give at least some incentive for those who bought the game in its early-life.

Now, since this is relatively fresh news, I guess it’ll be a waiting game for the PC players to see if Kunos will drop the DLC price on PC.

Interesting. From a person that never played AC and play a lot of GT Sport, how would you get me to try? Can anyone compare?

The original is reportedly cracking with a wheel, I picked it up as I do with every racing game, but dont play it at all because the pad implementation was terrible even after mucking about with settings... Apparently the PC version of ACC has decent pad controls so im quite hopeful this will be a must have title...

Having bought the game on PC and refunded it due to poor (almost undrivable) performance in VR on my 1070-based laptop, I'd rate the likelihood of this running on PSVR as slim to non-existent, unless they have managed some massive optimisation magic. And if they have, I want that magic in the PC version so I can play it :D

Yeah unfortunetly I think you are right :-(

But a man can dream. There are some ok games on PSVR like dirt rally ( Full game), and GT sport ( Although only useable in Time trials )

But I think its posibel to make it combatible with PSVR. Just It might not make sense from developers point of view. ( Not enough potential buyers in the market to justify using resources on developing it into PSVR )

My worst fear is we will get a bugged downgraded game, that will have like no support after release.

But we will see. I am defenetly hyped about it :-)

I'm rather excited to see what cars are in the GT4 pack as that seems to be a underutilized class when it comes to games. Hopefully multi-class racing is included as well.

The British GT pack is also great as it opens the door to the SRO's French, American and Asian series' getting included down the line.

Interesting. From a person that never played AC and play a lot of GT Sport, how would you get me to try? Can anyone compare?

I can only comment from a wheel user perspective - I found the force feedback, physics and sound of ACC to be miles ahead of GTS. I don’t drive racing cars IRL, but to me, it felt much more like I was driving a real car when compared to GTS. To me those are all the most important aspects of a racing game.
Graphic wise ACC was/is behind GTS, but it also was released over a year earlier if I’m not mistaken. Also the lobbies were empty by the time I got into it, and there weren’t as many cars/tracks.

This is very unexpected news. I wonder if the imminent cancellation of E3 has to do with this news announcement coming now like this. I will be pre ordering as soon as available.

But it runs really well on my std ps4, but i don't put more than 14 cars maybe in a race. Clean image and smooth even on replays.

It does. But it struggles in certain situations and it's very far from rock solid 60 fps. ACC is even more (much more) demanding than the first one.

The original is reportedly cracking with a wheel, I picked it up as I do with every racing game, but dont play it at all because the pad implementation was terrible even after mucking about with settings... Apparently the PC version of ACC has decent pad controls so im quite hopeful this will be a must have title...
Although I refunded the PC version due to VR performance, I will vouch for the pad handling - at least for me, out of the box it was pretty good (and I loathe the pad handling in the original AC).

About online on pc right now. How it works? Lobbies and leagues, or more dedicated daily, weekly, etc. championships? I like lobbies, but if game will be not so popular, those will be empty. Don't want a league, 'cause it's very restricted in time. Daily races in GT, for example, just a simplest way to enjoy racing for me.
Also how is penalty system?

For those playing the PC version, how's the career?

It’s very basic, but good fun.
Championship is much better.

I don’t know what is planned for console optimization but it will have to be substantial.

Great News. I own the game on PC with the DLC but It does not run smooth on my system. Was thinking about doing an upgrade but this is me more easy and cheaper route. Hopefully there will be also a next gen patch.

Thanks for the replies (a lot to tag in short time).

I do have a wheel. Its good to hear that the driving is better that GT Sport. Graphics I’m not worried about. I never gave a big deal on it.

I also heard it has a better rating system as well. Any more info on that?

YEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!! Tech1 RC F will be my go to. Bentley the next.

10 GT4 cars! Hope to see Mustang, Camaro, 570S, AMG GT, R8, Maserati(again, love it in AC XB1), Cayman or 718, X-Bow, Alpine, M4. I doubt the Sin would replace one of those. Maybe the 370Z instead of the Maserati? Man, can't wait! I'm hyped.

Last edited:
For anyone who played enough of AC ACC and PC2, and thought Pc2 is better than Ac for detailed nuanced physics, cockpit sounds, and ffb, and track surface detail maybe too..how would you compare ACC to PC2 on those factors and any other factor?

Oh, the replays in console. Hope they can stretch longer than 3 minutes in Custom Championships, with 16 cars(XB1).

I may just get the PS4 version, so I can easily switch between GT Sport and ACC.

Any controller players that haven't played AC1, just beware that in AC1, the handling isn't like GTS. You can't just throw cars around and recover.
Takes a bit more finesse.
At the same time, that's good because, the stakes are high if you think about using the kerbs or run wide on grass and gravel that slow you down or too much throttle on cold tyres, etc.

The AC1 graphics are fine. Especially using a static camera in replay. The sounds are ridiculously realistic. From cockpit view, hearing squeaks and rattles as the suspension compresses and rebounds. Hearing the correct exhaust notes of cars in the distance.

June can't come soon enough!

Tried to tell some of the "pc elitists" that this was coming to console one day but they always argued that "Console could never handle this game!!!" lol Look, I have a nice PC too, and I do play ACC on it but if the original AC came to console then it just seemed absurd to me that ACC wouldn't. Admittedly, I assumed it would be next-gen, but I always assumed the game would come to consoles eventually. Kunos aren't stupid. They know there is a lot of money to be made in the console space where there are larger audiences. This game is so good that I'll buy it for my PS4 even though I already have it on PC.

Last edited:
Nice - I will buy it pending it is not a complete disaster. Just wont be pre-ordering.

Even though the console version of the original AC was very limited, the FFB (super easy to setup FFB at that), proper seat position adjustment, FOV adjustment, and physics alone when hot lapping made it worth while. The good races I had online and with the AI were just bonus.

Nice - I will buy it pending it is not a complete disaster. Just wont be pre-ordering.

Even though the console version of the original AC was very limited, the FFB (super easy to setup FFB at that), proper seat position adjustment, FOV adjustment, and physics alone when hot lapping made it worth while. The good races I had online and with the AI were just bonus.
Yeah. That's another thing for console players that haven't played AC1. The AI are an actual challenge. So, someone coming from GT Sport GT League, AC AI are a blessing.

Some VR shots are shown on the trailer.

Maybe vr will be there and I hope they can manage a good optimisation at least for ps4 pro...

Nah, as someone playing VR on both PS4 and PC i can assure you its the most demanding feature in any game right now and i think it will be impossible to pull this off on a PS4, at least if there is more then one car on track. GT Sport VR is extremely stripped down for a reason and Dirt Rally looks horrendous on PSVR compared with Dirt Rally 2 VR on PC. I think its a miracle ACC gets released on consoles at all, but its a great move by Kunos. The game will finally get some more attention.

No full lap replays is a killer for me, be a shame if so as I know how good the physics are
I agree it's limited in ac on ps4 but if it's full replays in acc on ps4 i hope they don't take as much space as pc2 seems to use because i saved a few 20mins replays in pc2 and i was at the max limit permitted of 1gig it said per application when i tried save a set-up change.

Tried to tell some of the "pc elitists" that this was coming to console one day but they always argued that "Console could never handle this game!!!"

Consoles will run it just fine, @30fps/ 900p upscaled with 15 AI and multiple graphics downgrades.

Back