Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
Yesssss!!!!!

GTS is bland and all the cars feel like boats or very numb compared to original AC.
The online racing is full of idiots in GTS, hope ACC has some good clean and competitive racing like the PC version ( or so it seems from the YouTube guys)

I am already clutching my tinkle in excitement haha

maybe they are planing a next-gen patch or a stand-alone version as well. I think developers are free to choose how they deal with that on Series X at least.
Yeah, something along those lines is what I was thinking as well.

Sorry for the noob question...I purchased a new Pro when my old ps4 went tango uniform. How much if any difference in performance with this title should I expect? Many thanks.

I'm a little disappointed it's not a nextgen tittle. Hopefully there's a PS5 version with all the bells and whistles. Think GTAV on ps3 compared to ps4.

Hopefully we get a true nextgen port, even if we have to re-buy the game.

Consoles will run it just fine, @30fps/ 900p upscaled with 15 AI and multiple graphics downgrades.
Theres no way a racing sim can target 30 fps. Thats unplayable.

Last edited by a moderator:
The AC1 graphics are fine. Especially using a static camera in replay. The sounds are ridiculously realistic. From cockpit view, hearing squeaks and rattles as the suspension compresses and rebounds. Hearing the correct exhaust notes of cars in the distance.
If you thought the AC1 sounds were great then prepare your ears for something wonderful. :)

Sorry for the noob question...I purchased a new Pro when my old ps4 went tango uniform. How much if any difference in performance with this title should I expect? Many thanks.

This depends on the game, really. Only Kunos could tell at this point. You have to wait and see.

One of the questions I have now in my mind deals with the next best thing now hitting gaming: Cross-platform.
Will this ACC be a cross-platform sim?! The first of its kind?! Or at least will it be cross-console just like PUBG is nowadays?!

One of the questions I have now in my mind deals with the next best thing now hitting gaming: Cross-platform.
Will this ACC be a cross-platform sim?! The first of its kind?! Or at least will it be cross-console just like PUBG is nowadays?!
They should. They could. But would? They. Lol

10 GT4 cars! Hope to see Mustang, Camaro, 570S, AMG GT, R8, Maserati(again, love it in AC XB1), Cayman or 718, X-Bow, Alpine, M4. I doubt the Sin would replace one of those. Maybe the 370Z instead of the Maserati? Man, can't wait! I'm hyped.

Looking at the 2019 European GT4 season (Probably the likely series the pack will be based on) there were coincidentally exactly 10 cars that attempted more than 1 race.

Alpine A110 GT4
Aston Martin Vantage GT4
Audi R8 LMS GT4
BMW M4 GT4
Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R
Ginetta G55 GT4
KTM X-Bow GT4
McLaren 570S GT4
Mercedes-AMG GT GT4
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4

There was a Maserati entered in the Paul Ricard race as well as an older-gen Aston in the first 2 races but the list above is probably what we will be getting unless they aren't basing it one one series or there are licensing issues.

Its also worth noting the 2020 GT World Challenge will race Imola instead of Monza, so this might be another thing worth looking forward to. Indianapolis road course is another possibility due to Intercontinental GT Challenge plans, although im not sure many people would like to race there :boggled:

Looking at the 2019 European GT4 season (Probably the likely series the pack will be based on) there were coincidentally exactly 10 cars that attempted more than 1 race.

Alpine A110 GT4
Aston Martin Vantage GT4
Audi R8 LMS GT4
BMW M4 GT4
Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R
Ginetta G55 GT4
KTM X-Bow GT4
McLaren 570S GT4
Mercedes-AMG GT GT4
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4

There was a Maserati entered in the Paul Ricard race as well as an older-gen Aston in the first 2 races but the list above is probably what we will be getting unless they aren't basing it one one series or there are licensing issues.
Or are they basing it on the 12 cars on the actual site: https://european.gt4series.com/cars?
I.e. the Ekris and Maserati in addition to your list above.

Reason I'm asking is that the marketing says:
"The GT4 Pack paid DLC, adding +10 new GT4 cars"

I am so delighted to see Assetto Corsa Competizione come to console. I was hoping it would be a PS5 launch title but now I don't have to wait.

This and Insurgency Sandstorm are the PC titles I wanted the most. So happy!

Maybe the game will be PS4 Pro enhanced and thereby have a natural edge over standard PS4. Maybe it won't be enhanced, but then it might still perform better on the Pro thanks to the boost mode setting (just like AC). Time will tell.

0:25-0:26 shows what appears to be VR head movement.....

If they pull this off on PSVR, I will actually be the happiest man on earth.

It's a massive doubt...but just imagine!

No full lap replays is a killer for me, be a shame if so as I know how good the physics are
I wouldn't let that deter you. If you never played it,in AC1, you can make any kind of championship with cars in the game. You can also type AI names. Race against Aunt Yvonne or your pet goldfish's name.

Set the time limit for practice, qualy and race. So many combinations!

Alpine A110 GT4
Aston Martin Vantage GT4
Audi R8 LMS GT4
BMW M4 GT4
Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R
Ginetta G55 GT4
KTM X-Bow GT4
McLaren 570S GT4
Mercedes-AMG GT GT4
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4

Or are they basing it on the 12 cars on the actual site: https://european.gt4series.com/cars?
I.e. the Ekris and Maserati in addition to your list above.

Reason I'm asking is that the marketing says:
"The GT4 Pack paid DLC, adding +10 new GT4 cars"
I'll have both your theories/facts. Totally forgot about the Aston and I added the Mustang as that's in the 2020 season. Now, with "+10", can I start speculating on the Supra GT4 making the list?:sly::D

I'm very happy, i thought this was going to be a PS5 only release for sure. But the best physics / FFB game coming back with an update and a focus on GT racing, great news!

Kunos said they wouldn't release on the PS4 if it wasn't good enough so i hope they can live up to their own goals.

Stupid question.
Why is ACC so graphic-intensive and why are people saying it will have to look bad on current-gen console?
If it looks as good as GTS does on PS4 I'll be perfectly happy.

Indianapolis road course is another possibility due to Intercontinental GT Challenge plans, although im not sure many people would like to race there :boggled:

I'm just happy they waited until the IGTC pack was released to leave Laguna Seca.

I wouldn't let that deter you. If you never played it,in AC1, you can make any kind of championship with cars in the game. You can also type AI names. Race against Aunt Yvonne or your pet goldfish's name.

Unfortunately since the game is based on licensed series' it's not as open as the first game. You can only select between the 2018 & 2019 BGT seasons or the 2019 IGTC season (as well as whatever other series they may add). However you can edit the length of sessions or just skip practice and qualifying as well as set the race length from anywhere between 5 minutes to 24 hours (you can even do 2 24 hour races if you want to) plus change things like stint length. Custom liveries are also unavailable in Championship mode.

Hopefully this changes at some point so we can do our own custom calendars and use custom liveries.

Last edited:
Stupid question.
Why is ACC so graphic-intensive and why are people saying it will have to look bad on current-gen console?
If it looks as good as GTS does on PS4 I'll be perfectly happy.
It's the physics of the game and what's going on. It's not just graphics heavy it's CPU heavy as well. The physics of the game have so much going on with tire flex and chassis flex an aerodynamic push and drag understeer close to cars and light rays etc etc. But pixel density does have a lot to do with it as well. I have no problem with 2560x1080. I'm never closer than 3 feet to my monitor and if the density was double that I wouldn't be able to notice until my eyes were six inches from the screen but then my frames would also be cut in half because of the density. Console is mainly TV and 60fps is ps4 rate as well as most TV's. If everyone on PC was happy with 60fps we would have consoles LOL but that's not a stupid question

Consoles will run it just fine, @30fps/ 900p upscaled with 15 AI and multiple graphics downgrades.

And the on track racing will be just as awesome. I have an i9/2080ti equipped rig that can run ACC at 4K max settings @ 60fps nearly flawlessly. I love my time in ACC, but I have just as much fun racing online in GT Sport as I do with anything I own on PC.

Has anyone seen this available for pre-order yet?

It is not up for pre-order on the U.S. PSN store but hopefully it will be available in the coming days.

Last edited:
I'm just happy they waited until the IGTC pack was released to leave Laguna Seca.

Unfortunately since the game is based on licensed series' it's not as open as the first game. You can only select between the 2018 & 2019 BGT seasons or the 2019 IGTC season (as well as whatever other series they may add). However you can edit the length of sessions or just skip practice and qualifying as well as set the race length from anywhere between 5 minutes to 24 hours (you can even do 2 24 hour races if you want to) plus change things like stint length. Custom liveries are also unavailable in Championship mode.

Hopefully this changes at some point so we can do our own custom calendars and use custom liveries.
I'm totally fine with having those as the only choices. Impossible to recreate the same thing in GT Sport for "Custom" Race . PC2 is nearly there, but the GT4 cars are old and some not official cars.

At least, in AC1, I set up a Championship with GT3 and the MC & Cayman GT4 cars. The Lotus Evora is too fast for GT4 and the two-eleven doesn't fit any longer. First world problems. ;)

But I fear ACC on console will just play second fiddle to the PC version just like AC1
it looked like that because AC1 on PC is hugely mods based, which isn't allowed on console
ACC should be the same game (because ACC doesn't support mods) just with slightly worse graphic (like medium details or something) - maybe that's why that game doesn't support mods on PC? maybe they want same content on consoles where market is huge, maybe they want that crossplay and maybe they want push more into esport? (of course all of that is my pure speculation)

Judging by other Unreal Engine 4 games i guess ACC will run fine. Games like Ace Combat 7, Everspace works in nearly 60fps on base PS4. Probably we will get 900p but to be honest it will be good enough. I just hope they won't cut physics :)

And new generation is near so it will be quick switch if the PS5 will come out.

I guess we will see 900p and 60fps (with some drops) on base PS4. I just hope they won't cut any features or race grid count like first AC.

Back