Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
What does "Controls Locked" mean? Sitting in line ready to do the double file roll off and that pops up in a red box and nothing on the wheel works.

Wow the amount of people who must of returned this to amazon , was just looking at it, lots of used copies from amazon warehouse £25.99 no shrink wrap, used etc....:rolleyes::ill:

oh come guys, it's not that bad. I think it's great game and with the upcomming GT4 cars and GB tracks, it will be an awesome game.

edit: just had the Controls locked 30 s for the second time. Restart of event fixes this.

Oh I agree it's not that bad it's just that you hate to see an update cause more problems because now the problems it created have to go to the back of the line behind all of the other issues that they were working on.

I think next patch will get it right. Probably. But the games definitely got potential
Game definitely has potential. However they seem to be flying blind a bit or scattergun or maybe just rushing through trying to fix these bugs, and end up bringing in more.
I mean a quick test before release would have revealed they messed up with the frame rates on X1X or steering wheel FFB needing to run min force off etc and now they need a patch to fix their patch, their list of issues does not seem to be getting any smaller!
But fingers crossed that by the time the GT4 pack comes out they can really unlock this game for us console users

My last race at Barcelona was interesting...
Starting in pole I drive off for the rolling start, get to the start/finish straight and look behind to see not one single car had made it round the chicane!

I put it in reverse and drove back to the turn and saw a few cars creeping round. I assume someone spun at the sausages (as per usual) and of course the other AI cars get very confused by this and all stopped.

Only when I slowly crossed the start line did the AI put their feet down.

I want race starts to be a priority fix for D3T. I mean if the race doesn't even start properly what's the point?

My last race at Barcelona was interesting...
Starting in pole I drive off for the rolling start, get to the start/finish straight and look behind to see not one single car had made it round the chicane!

I put it in reverse and drove back to the turn and saw a few cars creeping round. I assume someone spun at the sausages (as per usual) and of course the other AI cars get very confused by this and all stopped.

Only when I slowly crossed the start line did the AI put their feet down.

I want race starts to be a priority fix for D3T. I mean if the race doesn't even start properly what's the point?

Totally agree.

Have you had one where even if everybody rolls off as normal it's like your car has little or no throttle response? If I'm in 1st gear and the car in front is pulling off I can sometimes shift into 2nd and it's like I've got full control of the throttle again. It's like it's on a low speed version of a pit limiter. I guess it begs the question of do we have full control of the car before the start or not?

Totally agree.

Have you had one where even if everybody rolls off as normal it's like your car has little or no throttle response? If I'm in 1st gear and the car in front is pulling off I can sometimes shift into 2nd and it's like I've got full control of the throttle again. It's like it's on a low speed version of a pit limiter. I guess it begs the question of do we have full control of the car before the start or not?
I've had that loads of times. Annoying

Totally agree.

Yep heaps of times. I like to start rear of the pack and at tracks like Barcelona and Paul Ricard where there is a tight corner prior to the start it is worse >:-( Even Zolder can get quite nasty at times :-( It seems to me that close proximity of the struggling AI has something to do with it. On fast tracks like Monza there is never a problem <shrug>

Yep stopped going into 1st as it's just bouncing off the rev limiter and your going nowhere so best too be in 2nd gear at hairpin turns and the start etc, do we not get gear ratio changes in gt3? went too start a race at spa last night and my controls were locked on the grid ,is that because I didn't have enough fuel on board? but the 1st half of the field drove off and the rest sat behind me not moving an d the timer was stuck on 30secs controls locked. Had it set up for a 24hr race at spa.

Last edited:
Yep stopped going into 1st as it's just bouncing off the rev limiter and your going nowhere so best too be in 2nd gear at hairpin turns and the start etc, do we not get gear ratio changes in gt3?

I believe the gear ratios are locked by the Blancpain series.

Another thing thats getting me is having a death grip on my wheel and my forearms are sore as the car just feels so unstable and you never know until it's too late that your cars losing control, should be able too chuck these about I would have thought. like I'm on tenterhooks expecting too lose control at any moment especially going round turns

Good news for ps4 wheels compatible on ps5 confirmed by Sony for those who haven't seen it...
Good starting point... But I'll hear it directly from Sony before I lay down that kind of money on a Fanatec. Been burnt hard on that one time too many before with the whole PS3-PS4 life ruining event

Yep stopped going into 1st as it's just bouncing off the rev limiter and your going nowhere so best too be in 2nd gear at hairpin turns and the start etc, do we not get gear ratio changes in gt3? went too start a race at spa last night and my controls were locked on the grid ,is that because I didn't have enough fuel on board? but the 1st half of the field drove off and the rest sat behind me not moving an d the timer was stuck on 30secs controls locked. Had it set up for a 24hr race at spa.
1st gear is viable and necessary for most cars, I've found. It's used in real life and not just as a 'pulling away' gear.
Some cars like the AMG don't need it though.

The controls locked at the start is a bug. Restart the race and it should be fine.

Also the rolling start at Spa, amongst several other tracks, is bugged for the AI.

Not really getting sa hang of this endurance racing, not something I've done before, started a 24hrs of spa and put it on random weather and into my 2nd hour and it's rained from the start but i like the rain as it hides the not so good graphics, well just went in for my 1st driver change and came out without changing tyres and i'm skitting around allover the shop as tyres are stone cold, gotta laugh or i'll cry. hmm just pitted again and put new tyres on, yeah nice n warm put on, by the time you going down the long pit road they are stone cold b y exiting time lol, any ideas for getting them back upto temp quickly in the pouring rain?

Last edited:
Not really getting sa hang of this endurance racing, not something I've done before, started a 24hrs of spa and put it on random weather and into my 2nd hour and it's rained from the start but i like the rain as it hides the not so good graphics, well just went in for my 1st driver change and came out without changing tyres and i'm skitting around allover the shop as tyres are stone cold, gotta laugh or i'll cry.

Last year I went to the real 24 h at spa. It rained for 70% of the race. Race was stopped during the night and resumed at 1130.

So yeah, pretty realistic.

Our tents were and clothes were socking wet. But at least we could attend. How different it is this year.

Not really getting sa hang of this endurance racing, not something I've done before, started a 24hrs of spa and put it on random weather and into my 2nd hour and it's rained from the start but i like the rain as it hides the not so good graphics, well just went in for my 1st driver change and came out without changing tyres and i'm skitting around allover the shop as tyres are stone cold, gotta laugh or i'll cry. hmm just pitted again and put new tyres on, yeah nice n warm put on, by the time you going down the long pit road they are stone cold b y exiting time lol, any ideas for getting them back upto temp quickly in the pouring rain?

Right foot hard on the gas, left foot hard on the brakes.

Doh, just looked at my tyre app after trying too warm my tyres up for 2 laps and and I'm on dry's lol, start again me thinks, in fact no, doing the full 24 hrs , that's alot of darkness and the headlights suck at the moment.

Game definitely has potential. However they seem to be flying blind a bit or scattergun or maybe just rushing through trying to fix these bugs, and end up bringing in more.
I mean a quick test before release would have revealed they messed up with the frame rates on X1X or steering wheel FFB needing to run min force off etc and now they need a patch to fix their patch, their list of issues does not seem to be getting any smaller!
But fingers crossed that by the time the GT4 pack comes out they can really unlock this game for us console users
Setting the min Force to zero is actually they way it is on PC,all PC users set this setting to 0.

FYI - I use a G29 for now and the update completely fixed it once I researched and adjusted the settings. Pre-1.03 I could not drive on, among many others, my most favorite circuit, Bathurst, due to the light, uncontrollable, airborne feeling on high speed corners that drop away from you (mostly on decent T10-T14)....jump to post patch - the down force is apparent and grip levels feel much more realistic based on my very limited IRL experience. Brands Hatch, another fav of mine, has also been improved tenfold! Thanks Kunos, in my opinion this was a huge step in the correct direction.

Not sure about XB but post 1.03, I am loving the G29 ffb on my base PS4 and I cannot stop playing this sim...I am afraid that when they deliver ACC or AC2 on PS5, my life outside of sim racing may be ruined...haha

Do you mind sharing your FFB settings? I am also on G29, bought the game yesterday.

Doh, just looked at my tyre app after trying too warm my tyres up for 2 laps and and I'm on dry's lol, start again me thinks, in fact no, doing the full 24 hrs , that's alot of darkness and the headlights suck at the moment.

Turn the driving line on for night driving. Solves the headlight issue ;-) Especially if you have poor eyesight like some of us oldies ;-)

Latest Posts

Back