Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
Tell that my pocketbook . But, no it’s not that bad I guess. But, I can’t remember tuition being this expensive and out of state seems to be almost twice as much.

When i was looking at schools it was around 12-15k per year for in state. At least here in Kansas.

Not cheap by any means but once you move out its outrageous.

But seeing your kid laying her foundation for the rest of her life must be very rewarding as a father!

That's funny, crazy how people thing you're a kid when talking on the internet.

Im having a ball with this game on my base PS4. Small niggling things here and there but nothing major.

A gaming PC just isnt in the cards for me as i have other financial obligations. Especially with how the world is now.

I'll definitely get one at some point. But the new consoles will probably win out as i love the PS exclusives titles.

Other one here from the 80's ...well 81 :lol:

I loved the console with "cassette" games in several tones of green...just as my game boy, and the lens with light to be able to play at night ...loved Nigel mansell championship on that llitle device.

Things were just more simple...

Sure that the world changed quite a bit, and not all in positive ways..like one above said...seems that people now is over sensitive and with little or none patience.

About gaming...I will move on/back to PC (loved microprose grand Prix games back in early 90's) cause nowadays I play more SIM/driving games than other type of games and PC for that kind of games is best place to be.

And I don't really like the policy's of console brands since PS3/Xbox 360... approval and certification times for patches, pay to play online with mediocre servers, mostly P2P and every gen less Plug & play what made me move from PC to consoles years ago... nowadays they are like PC's but limited in many aspects.

Nice to see some "oldies" around here:D:cheers:

I loved the console with "cassette" games in several tones of green...just as my game boy, and the lens with light to be able to play at night ...loved Nigel mansell championship on that llitle device.

Sure that the world changed quite a bit, and not all in positive ways..like one above said...seems that people now is over sensitive and with little or none patience.

About gaming...I will move on/back to PC (loved microprose grand Prix games back in early 90's) cause nowadays I play more SIM/driving games than other type of games and PC for that kind of games is best place to be.

And I don't really like the policy's of console brands since PS3/Xbox 360... approval and certification times for patches, pay to play online with mediocre servers, mostly P2P and every gen less Plug & play what made me move from PC to consoles years ago... nowadays they are like PC's but limited in many aspects.

I snuck into the 80s but just barely. 89 here.

Yeah i remember the good old NES games for me. My friend had one and i remember blowing my lungs out trying to "clean" the cartridge lol

My first console was a PS1, but my dad always works with computers, so i had my own pc growing up that i played on.

There was an old Rally game on dos i had where you had to jump over hurdles, but ot was fun. Then i played NFS 3 and Grand Prix 3. The good old days for sure.

I might migrate to a dedicated PC rig but that'll be down the road. The consoles are treating me ok so far. But PCs will always be the least restricted for gaming for sure. Its just pricey to maintain an "up to date" rig.

Yeah i remember the good old NES games for me. My friend had one and i remember blowing my lungs out trying to "clean" the cartridge lol

My first console was a PS1, but my dad always works with computers, so i had my own pc growing up that i played on.

There was an old Rally game on dos i had where you had to jump over hurdles, but ot was fun. Then i played NFS 3 and Grand Prix 3. The good old days for sure.

I might migrate to a dedicated PC rig but that'll be down the road. The consoles are treating me ok so far. But PCs will always be the least restricted for gaming for sure. Its just pricey to maintain an "up to date" rig.

The old nfs games were quite some fun, like them more than the last one...grand Prix 3 was mind-blowing in those days.
Some years ago I was getting to a simulation center , PC, triple screen, frexx wheel and rfactor 2 ...just sublime.

A PC is quite an initial investment for sure, but nowadays with good hardware your good to go quite some years.
Games are also more cheaper than console...and next gen they say that games price will increase at least 10 bucks..
And don't have to pay the 60€ Psplus anymore
So...in my case...in the balance , PC wins

But till then I will exprime my PS4 Amateur :D and having a blast on ACC console version and some other games I have still pending

At the end of the day it's a great hobby and a kind of distraction needed sometimes.:cheers:

PD

The PS1 & PS2 were sublime consoles ,great games and really plug & play in those days... insane amount of hours I spend on those consoles too:D

Lol you're 31 buddy, if you're old im prehistoric i guess.

i have been around for a while since 1952 in fact and have played many driving games mainly on PC. my favourites are Grand Prix Legends and GTR2 i I have been playing GTS om a standard PS4 for the last year or so but ACC for me is the best console driving game out there. Yes there are bugs that need fixing but I am sure that in time this game will be much improved. I have a gold status at the moment and my ranking is 9520 so I hope to be platinum soon. Be patient and I am sure this game will be a winner

Last edited:
Makes GTS feel like a kids game.
That's because it is ;-) Designed for pre-pubescent boys on hand controllers who like playing dress up games and who would otherwise want a Barbie :-)) Proof is ANY online Sport races >:-(

The only good things about GT Sport is the graphics (sublime) and game stability. The cars are bland, the imaginary tracks are bland, the physics are like driving wallowing, under steering buckets of slop and the car sounds are like listening to a vacuum cleaner :-( The Ai is the worst of any game I ever encountered etc, etc.

And NO, I will not be rushing out to buy a PS5 to play GT7 on.

Hi Dino ! :D were did you park your Ferrocky 488 GT3 ?

201501_1549_cfbed_sm.png

Not quite as old as @catty1952 or @TT92... born in ‘67.

I think the 1st driving game I played was F1 on the Sega mega drive, but my memory isn’t as good as it was.

Besides arcades, always been a console player as never really had the space for a PC set up. Probably missed out on some great content, but there have been some decent titles on various PS’s over the years... early GT’s, CMR2 & TOCCA2 stand out for me.

Only AI racing game I remember coming close to ACC is TOCCA2.

So watching the Sprint series at Misano right now. Firstly, most of them so far would have an SA rating of zero!

Secondly, the times in qualifying are way quicker than I’m capable of. 1m31s! I’ve got into the 1m35’s. I’d have thought the real life times and sim times would be much closer what with how close they’ve simulated everything. They’re really pushing track limits in real life, but not so much for there to be 4 seconds difference surely?

I know we’re on quite an old build on console so can any PC racers say if there’s any improvement on this in newer builds? Or am I just slow?

Aliens are running 1’32’s on the PC version.

I’m also in the 35’s... tough track as you need to be right on the track limits to run fast laps... very easy to invalidate.

I’m watching the GT4’s on YT now.

So watching the Sprint series at Misano right now. Firstly, most of them so far would have an SA rating of zero!

Secondly, the times in qualifying are way quicker than I’m capable of. 1m31s! I’ve got into the 1m35’s. I’d have thought the real life times and sim times would be much closer what with how close they’ve simulated everything. They’re really pushing track limits in real life, but not so much for there to be 4 seconds difference surely?

I know we’re on quite an old build on console so can any PC racers say if there’s any improvement on this in newer builds? Or am I just slow?

Well on console there's missing new bumpstops phisycs and tyres simulation adjustments.
Don't know how huge difference it can make on track.

But don't forget that a good car setup, and adjusting abs and tc and adjusting brake balance while on track can improve a lot the times.

In ACC it's easy to drive, but find the limits of track & cars isn't.
Sure with training,a good set-up that fits your driving style and adjusting brake balance , TC and abs while driving can make you get faster and get near real time lap times or even faster

It’s unfortunate. It takes away a lot of the purity of racing for me. Kind of laughable how much they’re allowed to get away with.

Think I've got Pirellis on, half way into 24hr race and I've had 4 punctures lol , 7 laps off lead in 10th place, 1st 8 hrs was torrential rain, 4hrs of dryness and more rain due in next 30 mins, no idea how many pitstops I've made but it's a helluva lot lol.

Is that real time 24h? Hope u got some coffee hehe.

super old haha ur not old at all...I was born I the late 60’s and have guys still telling me... wait til you get old lol... but anyways, I totally agree with you guys and I’m enjoying ACC on PS4 pro! This is the first gaming system I’ve owned since Atari 2600 and I bought it particularly to play racing sims.. that being said , in hindsight I should have bought a gaming PC and called it a day, however I wasn’t as informed as I am now.

i have been around for a while since 1952 in fact and have played many driving games mainly on PC. my favourites are Grand Prix Legends and GTR2 i I have been playing GTS om a standard PS4 for the last year or so but ACC for me is the best console driving game out there. Yes there are bugs that need fixing but I am sure that in time this game will be much improved. I have a gold status at the moment and my ranking is 9520 so I hope to be platinum soon. Be patient and I am sure this game will be a winner

Not quite as old as @catty1952 or @TT92... born in ‘67.

I think the 1st driving game I played was F1 on the Sega mega drive, but my memory isn’t as good as it was.

Besides arcades, always been a console player as never really had the space for a PC set up. Probably missed out on some great content, but there have been some decent titles on various PS’s over the years... early GT’s, CMR2 & TOCCA2 stand out for me.

Only AI racing game I remember coming close to ACC is TOCCA2.

Why does it feel like this thread is turning into the "Yorkshiremen" sketch...? :lol:

Luxury!

When I wur born int'1973 there wur no such thing as consoles.

The only soles we 'ad wur on the soles of our feet and we needed 'em cos we had to walk 26 miles each day just for water (and the daily award car in GTS) :sly:

And more on topic, I've no plans for a PS5 till at least Christmas 2021, so I'm storing up PS4 games to last.

ACC not yet acquired - I'm waiting till the game is patched better and more complete.

I'm keeping a close eye on this thread in the meantime :cheers:

Why does it feel like this thread is turning into the "Yorkshiremen" sketch...? :lol:

Luxury!

When I wur born int'1973 there wur no such thing as consoles.

The only soles we 'ad wur on the soles of our feet and we needed 'em cos we had to walk 26 miles each day just for water (and the daily award car in GTS) :sly:

And more on topic, I've no plans for a PS5 till at least Christmas 2021, so I'm storing up PS4 games to last.

ACC not yet acquired - I'm waiting till the game is patched better and more complete.

I'm keeping a close eye on this thread in the meantime :cheers:

err, I am a Yorkshire lad :D

:lol:

There’s a trend emerging... though I do live in southern Spain now.
Same here ... I'm in Spain also... where the oranges are famous.

It helps also in car games simulation... it's hot with high levels of humidity,makes you swet like the real drivers :cheers::lol::lol:

Same here ... I'm in Spain also... where the oranges are famous.

It helps also in car games simulation... it's hot with high levels of humidity,makes you swet like the real drivers :cheers::lol::lol:

Oh, yes... it's been 30-33* here every day for the last 2 months, with the odd 2-3 day periods at close to 40*... far too hot for me to do anything more than short sessions. It's not like it gets much cooler at night either :lol:

Oh, yes... it's been 30-33* here every day for the last 2 months, with the odd 2-3 day periods at close to 40*... far too hot for me to do anything more than short sessions. It's not like it gets much cooler at night either :lol:
Yup, night temprature don't go lower than 23-24° for the last two months either.... tropical nights they call it.

Not best weather at the moment to do some endurance races sessions for sure... it's not even sure that the wheel would survive long gaming session.:D

I used to have to turn the game volume right up to drown out the fan noise on my T300 on hot days... especially as my knackered old PS4 fan runs flat out all the time as well on hot days.

No issues with a G29 though... well, other than sweaty hands all the time :lol:

Do you not have air conditioning?

Do you not have air conditioning?

Yes, but it's 20 years old, pretty ineffective, replacing it will cost £4k, and electricity is bloody expensive in Spain.

To be honest, I don't need it the majority of the time ... my place is well shaded, has thick concrete walls, marble floors and lots of airflow... so it stays cool enough for 'normal living'.

Yes, but it's 20 years old, pretty ineffective, replacing it will cost £4k, and electricity is bloody expensive in Spain.

To be honest, I don't need it the majority of the time ... my place is well shaded, has thick concrete walls, marble floors and lots of airflow... so it stays cool enough for 'normal living'.

That's not bad then. Sucks that its such an expensive unit to replace. At least its livable.

Here in Kansas its pretty humid, and its usually around 90+ °F in the summer so it feels like over 100. So its pretty necessary here to have AC.

The electric bill doesnt help, it was like $200 last month. Not fun but im comfortable in my home so, its the price i have to pay.

Back