Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
That's not bad then. Sucks that its such an expensive unit to replace. At least its livable.

Here in Kansas its pretty humid, and its usually around 90+ °F in the summer so it feels like over 100. So its pretty necessary here to have AC.

The electric bill doesnt help, it was like $200 last month. Not fun but im comfortable in my home so, its the price i have to pay.

Yes, but it's 20 years old, pretty ineffective, replacing it will cost £4k, and electricity is bloody expensive in Spain.

Have you guys heard of solar panels? Funny thing is that when the sun shines (a lot) and it gets hot you can pretty well run your aircon for free.

Also a tip is to run the aircon during the day *before* it gets hot so your abode does not get any real heat sink. Well it works for me anyway ;-)

Have you guys heard of solar panels? Funny thing is that when the sun shines (a lot) and it gets hot you can pretty well run your aircon for free.

Also a tip is to run the aircon during the day *before* it gets hot so your abode does not get any real heat sink. Well it works for me anyway ;-)

Given it’s sunny pretty much all the time you’d think there would be loads of solar power in southern Spain... but there’s very little.

Impossible for me to install it in isolation as I’m a ground floor apartment... only space I’d have is on my terrace.

Given it’s sunny pretty much all the time you’d think there would be loads of solar power in southern Spain... but there’s very little.

Impossible for me to install it in isolation as I’m a ground floor apartment... only space I’d have is on my terrace.

Im in a 3rd floor apartment so i cant install solar panels. I definitely will once i get a house.

If you have been playing on a PS4 with a controller. How is it? I found Assetto Corsa miserable with a controller, but have read promising impressions of ACC.

Thank you

If you have been playing on a PS4 with a controller. How is it? I found Assetto Corsa miserable with a controller, but have read promising impressions of ACC.

Thank you
Fantastic! Hard to go back to play pCARS2 or GTS honestly. It handles so damn well.
Love it!

Like AC, needs a bit of dialing in, but once you find what works for you, it feels great.

People have shared settings and are willing to help.

Im in a 3rd floor apartment so i cant install solar panels. I definitely will once i get a house.

Bugger! Here's me thinking apartment living would be cheaper :-( I can't believe Slowgrayaudi's energy costs and I thought I was being ripped off where I am.

Solar is something I take for granted now. Where I live in Western Australia over 30% of households have their own solar systems now and the government buys our excess power back at 1/3 of what we pay.

I am actually producing all the power I consume BUT because the sun doesn't shine at nighttime (Duh!!!) I get ripped off by buying my own power back again >:-( Basically it is use it or lose it. So no probs here cranking the aircons on early :-)

Before anyone suggests batteries, yes, I have looked into it but at this stage there is still zero return on investment. With this Covid19 thing businesses are struggling and there is some downward pressure on pricing so I am currently re-evaluating it. Of course, one of the major benefits is that I would be protected against black outs and any consequent electronic damage to equipment. Who hasn't lost a whole nights gaming with a corrupt game save file when the power has flickered or gone out?

Trivia time. My 5kw solar array actually produces 2watts on a full moon at night :-)

Anyway we are a bit off subject now.

Worth noting for anyone taking a grant for solar panels and you own your own home, when you want to move and sell your home you have to convince the new buyers to take in the solar panel contract. My mate found this out the hard way. He couldn't sell his house as no one was willing to take on the solar contract. This is in England.

Thank you
If you still have AC try my settings, they're pretty decent. Then when you've tried know that ACC is much better with the pad.

Worth noting for anyone taking a grant for solar panels and you own your own home, when you want to move and sell your home you have to convince the new buyers to take in the solar panel contract. My mate found this out the hard way. He couldn't sell his house as no one was willing to take on the solar contract. This is in England.

If you still have AC try my settings, they're pretty decent. Then when you've tried know that ACC is much better with the pad.

I will take your word for it!! I tried so many settings on AC; that I have no interest in reinstalling.

Will take a chance on ACC PS4 and hopefully no regrets.

Fantastic! Hard to go back to play pCARS2 or GTS honestly. It handles so damn well.
Love it!

Like AC, needs a bit of dialing in, but once you find what works for you, it feels great.

People have shared settings and are willing to help.

I will first give default a shot and hopefully it clicks for me. I do like the vehicle focus and the laser scanned tracks are legit.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

Oh, yes... it's been 30-33* here every day for the last 2 months, with the odd 2-3 day periods at close to 40*... far too hot for me to do anything more than short sessions. It's not like it gets much cooler at night either :lol:

At least it's cooler here in southeast UK... pah. Been 35C+ every day since Friday! :cool:

All ending with a big bang tonight! Which means I can get back to *important things this weekend... :D

*important things = gaming obviously :sly:

On topic: it's good to read people saying that the controller settings are improved between AC and ACC. I have a T150 now, but remember trying AC before then and struggling, especially on braking as there seemed to be no sensation of control under braking.

Bugger! Here's me thinking apartment living would be cheaper :-( I can't believe Slowgrayaudi's energy costs and I thought I was being ripped off where I am.

Solar is something I take for granted now. Where I live in Western Australia over 30% of households have their own solar systems now and the government buys our excess power back at 1/3 of what we pay.

I am actually producing all the power I consume BUT because the sun doesn't shine at nighttime (Duh!!!) I get ripped off by buying my own power back again >:-( Basically it is use it or lose it. So no probs here cranking the aircons on early :-)

Before anyone suggests batteries, yes, I have looked into it but at this stage there is still zero return on investment. With this Covid19 thing businesses are struggling and there is some downward pressure on pricing so I am currently re-evaluating it. Of course, one of the major benefits is that I would be protected against black outs and any consequent electronic damage to equipment. Who hasn't lost a whole nights gaming with a corrupt game save file when the power has flickered or gone out?

Trivia time. My 5kw solar array actually produces 2watts on a full moon at night :-)

Anyway we are a bit off subject now.

Sound like you're still ahead though compared to us apartment dwellers

I've never looked into solar panels but im definitely gonna start educating myself once house buying is on the horizon.

Well,AC was playable on controller,but it's clear that this little SIM is focused to wheels

ACC is quite more controller friendly, tried out the first day for an hour or so..

Then I went back to my ol' trusty T150Pro :D

Only game that I play more on a controller is GTS...I don't like FFB of that game and the little to none FF settings it offers

PD.

Yesss.... electricity here in Spain isn't cheap at all, I'm also on an apartment,but I use air conditioning in the hottest hours.
I quite don't understand also why Spanish government don't invest in solar energy or wind energy, the country has huge potential for both alternatives ...

I've noticed marshalls waving flags for no apparent reason at some tracks. I ran Bathurst the other night and I was in the lead but the marshalls were waving white flags from The Cutting all the way over Skyline. There were no slow cars on track anywhere to be seen.

I've noticed marshalls waving flags for no apparent reason at some tracks. I ran Bathurst the other night and I was in the lead but the marshalls were waving white flags from The Cutting all the way over Skyline. There were no slow cars on track anywhere to be seen.

I've had the same issue.

Sound like you're still ahead though compared to us apartment dwellers

I've never looked into solar panels but im definitely gonna start educating myself once house buying is on the horizon.

It is actually a good feeling knowing that i am "saving the planet" and at the same time saving money.

My first PS3 and 50" Pioneer plasma TV would consume between 1350 and 1550 watts depending on what was being displayed!!! Who needed a room heater with all that running? :-))

It is actually a good feeling knowing that i am "saving the planet" and at the same time saving money.

My first PS3 and 50" Pioneer plasma TV would consume between 1350 and 1550 watts depending on what was being displayed!!! Who needed a room heater with all that running? :-))

That's a lot of watts! Everything is energy efficient now though. Maybe not the PS4 lol

Well,AC was playable on controller,but it's clear that this little SIM is focused to wheels

ACC is quite more controller friendly, tried out the first day for an hour or so..

Then I went back to my ol' trusty T150Pro :D

Only game that I play more on a controller is GTS...I don't like FFB of that game and the little to none FF settings it offers

PD.

Yesss.... electricity here in Spain isn't cheap at all, I'm also on an apartment,but I use air conditioning in the hottest hours.
I quite don't understand also why Spanish government don't invest in solar energy or wind energy, the country has huge potential for both alternatives ...
I'm glad to hear Spain are not using wind energy, shows they're less corrupt than other nation. Wind Turbines are not good and only get the nod because of dirty handshakes. Scotlands horizon is littered with them, You'd expect the whole country to be running on free electricity in return of ruining nature.

I will take your word for it!! I tried so many settings on AC; that I have no interest in reinstalling.

Will take a chance on ACC PS4 and hopefully no regrets.
I would suggest to wait and buy it in the sale so you can buy the DLC too which was free during the first two weeks of launch.

Last edited:
From Marco on Facebook: "The scary tree". Where I am?"

hHFtySy.jpg

Snetterton scary tree, apparently storm ciara wrecked it

Really?? That's a shame. Scary tree was right up there with the oak at Virginia International Raceway (which fell in 2013) in being a signature part of a track. Has it been destroyed or just really badly damaged?

Has the PS4 version recieved any patches since release? How is it playing performance wise? I think i'll pick this up later in the year,and try and get the DLC packs with it..

Has the PS4 version recieved any patches since release? How is it playing performance wise? I think i'll pick this up later in the year,and try and get the DLC packs with it..

I play on a PS4 Pro, supersampling on, and Boost on. Too me it feels like 60fps driving solo on tracks and the same driving with 11 other vehicles.

I also drive on the cockpit cam or bonnet depending on the number of curves approaching.

Last edited:
I forgot I bought this game when it came out on Steam ages ago :lol: I just tried it on PC and there's no way I can ever go back to the PS4. As great as the game is on PS4 it doesn't hold a candle to the PC version. I'm sure it will one day, but for now I can't.

Jerome

It received v.1.01 at launch (changing game core version from 1.2.2 to 1.3.7 and add intercontinental DLC,what was free for preorders)

Then the 1.02 hotfix fixing cars livery editor

And last in middle-end of July the 1.03 with performance improvements,new FFB settings to suit console feeling and ability to pay for dedicated private servers (trough external servers hosts websites)

Still good Amount to bugs and issues to fix..like headlights beam issue, some wheel compatibility, save file that get corrupt in championship mode, having more than 150 friends on PSN make crash the game in multiplayer.

That are the "big ones" ...then you have minor issues and bugs like trophies that don't unlock, lap counter bugged, AI in some starts need tweaking ,etc,etc.

Performance on PS4 Pro is really nice now in 4K or supersampling in 1080p (if you don't have a T500 wheel) getting around 50-60fps (in normal 1080p with better graphics details it's as standard PS4 performance )
On standard PS4 it goes from 30-45fps

Great SIM that needs some work done, now in September there will be 1 or 2 updates bringing the GT4 DLC and game core version moving forward from 1.3.7 to 1.5.x (and hopefully bringing some bug and issues fixes)

As a Southern Australian it's always worth a laugh listening to Europeans who are lucky enough to still live in their native climate complaining about 35c days... lol

You get back to me when it's over 45 and then you can start to complain. Maybe..

Back