Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
If it will work like Project Cars 2 on base PS4 i will be happy. It has framedrops but I don't feel them too much.

Definitely i prefer having 900p with more features.

I agree. Although the graphics in PC2 on base ps4 with night and rain and 32 cars can go low, it still is massive fun.

Just pre-order 5 day in advance of the release. I don't get the whole idea of pre-ordering many months in advance anyway.

Last time I did it was with DR2.0. The only thing that I got differently is the steel case.

I wonder if we are going to see PS4/Xbox One gameplay soon. The Announcment Trailer is based on PC version unfortunately.

Technically... Project Cars 2 have higher minimum requirements than ACC... I know this means a little for consoles but it looks like ACC is better optimized on PC.

Just pre-order 5 day in advance of the release. I don't get the whole idea of pre-ordering many months in advance anyway.

Last time I did it was with DR2.0. The only thing that I got differently is the steel case.

I generally agree, but since this game is already released on another platform, and we pretty much know what's coming, i see no issue here

I generally agree, but since this game is already released on another platform, and we pretty much know what's coming, i see no issue here

I see one issue. How it will work on consoles :) PS4Pro or XBoxOneX are sure thing, but base consoles could struggle to run it well enough. I just hope it will be playable.

As someone who has been playing it on PC since early access and seen the development of it, I'd ask people to go into it with a fresh mind. It's a huge step up from AC1 and so much better to drive - I can't go back to GT3 cars on anything else anymore - once you get the perfect run over the top of the mountain at Bathurst you'll see why :)

I'd expect there to be grid limits etc on console. I am a little surprised by the announcement, but if they feel they can make it work then everyone can see what the justified fuss is all about.

Nah, as someone playing VR on both PS4 and PC i can assure you its the most demanding feature in any game right now and i think it will be impossible to pull this off on a PS4, at least if there is more then one car on track. GT Sport VR is extremely stripped down for a reason and Dirt Rally looks horrendous on PSVR compared with Dirt Rally 2 VR on PC. I think its a miracle ACC gets released on consoles at all, but its a great move by Kunos. The game will finally get some more attention.

Even if it's simplified (no shadows, less polygon detail, etc) I would like to see it in PS4, or even with 1 only car at the time.

Also, the good thing in that could be a better quality with the PS5, playing ACC with PSVR1 but with the power of PS5...
Yes I'm dreaming a bit haha but I think it's possible.

Had anyone else been in a competition race at a DLC track yet? I haven't, but wondering if we will now and maybe they've just been busy working out the console version

Well I was hoping to hear something about this game coming to consoles as had a feeling when it was first announced for PC.

Not going to pre-order it though, just gonna purchase it as sometime after release but looking forward to it when I do pick it up, might actually dust off the original to distract me from Sport.

Maybe the game will be PS4 Pro enhanced and thereby have a natural edge over standard PS4. Maybe it won't be enhanced, but then it might still perform better on the Pro thanks to the boost mode setting (just like AC). Time will tell.
I thought all games from a certain release date forward must be ps4 Pro enhanced?

The original Assetto Corso was released before the PS4 Pro

You know this news has to have Sony a little nervous considering how many GT sport leagues are gt3

I think Sony will be delighted with the revenue this title will bring in, why would they be nervous of who plays which title? They get revenue via psplus regardless of what game you play and its not a majority of players anyway (psplus 36m vs 108m ps4s)

I think Sony will be delighted with the revenue this title will bring in, why would they be nervous of who plays which title? They get revenue via psplus regardless of what game you play and its not a majority of players anyway (psplus 36m vs 108m ps4s)

Not to mention there is a car in ACC with Gran Turismo sponsorship. So they will get some advertising out of it.

Because polyphony digital Is Sony. It's a launch title. It will effect next gen sales

GT sport and ACC are not launch titles they're current generation which will work on next gen because of backwards compatibility. (Im hoping both games get PS5 patches froth!)
I'm sure they will patch it. I'm just saying I've seen how many ppl were only racing on GT, and then they found iracing and stopped racing GT. Then ACC came out and ppl have stopped racing iracing lol I'm just saying it's a possibility that they could lose potential future buyers but in no means will it ruin them. ACC is a game changer though man. It could easily be the go to sim on console for gt3

I'm sure they will patch it. I'm just saying I've seen how many ppl were only racing on GT, and then they found iracing and stopped racing GT. Then ACC came out and ppl have stopped racing iracing lol I'm just saying it's a possibility that they could lose potential future buyers but in no means will it ruin them. ACC is a game changer though man. It could easily be the go to sim on console for gt3
Maybe we will hear something from PD in the next couple of months then...maybe :)

The Kyalami circuit will be nice to race on again, been a while for me.
Seems it's part of the intercontinental GT package included in the pre-orders of the console version.

It definitely won't perform as well, due to thermals, and if ppl try 4k they're gonna get even worse performance. I think HDR looks horrible and without it I can run epic settings and my frames at 120 all day

Without HDR and epic settings. Frames start around 90fps at the start but after a few laps it's up over 100. Frame counter is in top left. this track always runs less fps than the rest. Game still looks good without HDR

So you have some sort of a low-end, sub-QHD, wannabe-HDR monitor and complain about ****** HDR... That's like having a 720p monitor + some virtual surround headphones and saying Ford v Ferrari UHD Blu-ray has ****** PQ and ****** surround sound, LMAO :rolleyes:
And in that vid you posted, it looks like it actually runs half the supposed framerate all the time + that is not "Epic" settings, dude...:boggled:

Back