Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
The Unreal Engine is so good that chrome plated vents inside Ferrari 488 annoyed me with sun reflections on some track point. Honestly, who decided to make them chrome plated, if I would be a race driver I would paint them with matte black spray.

Everyone: we'll be chatting with Marco Massarutto, Co-Founder and Executive Manager of Kunos Simulazioni, in an exclusive video interview. We'll be talking about the success and future of the Assetto Corsa franchise and it will be published here on GTPlanet in a few weeks.

If there's anything you'd like us to ask about or cover in the interview, please share. 👍

Everyone: we'll be chatting with Marco Massarutto, Co-Founder and Executive Manager of Kunos Simulazioni, in an exclusive video interview. We'll be talking about the success and future of the Assetto Corsa franchise and it will be published here on GTPlanet in a few weeks.

If there's anything you'd like us to ask about or cover in the interview, please share. 👍

Nice to know Jordan.

I have a question for them

Hi, Marco,we all know now that ACC for consoles is ported and supported by D3T LTD studio and helped by 505games.
Why did Kunos simulazione themselves not the port?
The console versions are not really in a good shape and there's more difference as expected, no VoF settings, no keyboard compatibility, worse and different FFB, no special events updates, lots of issues and bugs,some still from launch.
Can Kunos simulazione Devs help the D3T LTD studio in fixes adjustments and get game nearer PC version in some aspects?

The game has huge potential,but support isn't on top of even near PC version.

Thanks

Nice. Please ask him when we will get a simple thing like FOV adjustment on the PS4 to be able to adjust FOV similar to it was available in the previous version game but not in the newer ACC. That's my #1 pet peeve.

All I want is for them to keep supporting the (next gen) console version of ACC.
It's the only proper sim we have, would be a shame if we lost it.

1. On January 8 you posted on Facebook: "I think it still represents well the pure essence of the Assetto Corsa vision. We’ll be back." followed by a gif from Nordschleife. What, if anything, should we take away from that?

2. In an interview from September 2019 you said that you were evaluating whether to continue using the Unreal engine or develop a new in-house engine for future projects. Have you started the development of any "future project", and if so, which engine are you using? And if not, have you come to a decision regarding the engine?
(Well, it doesn't hurt to ask, right? :D)

3. Any ETA on the British Pack other than "Winter 2021"?

4. Is there any new DLC planned after the British Pack?

Also, if you (Jordan) could formulate/ask some question about the evolution of the tyre model from AC to ACC to a new title.

Last edited:
@Jordan Other possible question.

We all know that Stefano Casillo is gone from Kunos and started a new journey, how will that affect in future AC's ? Will he still collaborate like he did with the last AI adjustments/improvements for ACC in a future?

Last edited:

We all know that Stefano Casillo is gone from Kunos and started a new journey, how will that affect in future AC's ? Will he still collaborate like he did with the last AI adjustments/improvements for ACC in a future?
Did those AI improvements get completed / implemented yet? It all suddenly went quiet on his streams end of last year but he hadn't finished at that time

I hope I'm not late, but I'd like to hear what are the plans for ray tracing as when the RTX 20-series cards were originally announced, Nvidia showed that ACC was going to be a RTX title, but its been 2 years now.

upload_2021-1-13_15-40-30.png

source: NVIDIA GeForce RTX - Official Launch Event (Aug 20, 2018)

Also, any info that you can squeeze out from him about future titles/projects would be highly appreciated! :lol:

Last edited:
Did those AI improvements get completed / implemented yet? It all suddenly went quiet on his streams end of last year but he hadn't finished at that time
Yes in two updates they added the improvements of AI;
(And I suppose they will add some more with British GT DLC)
First of them in update 1.6.0 ;

GAMEPLAY
- New and improved AI algorithms for racecraft and attack.
- New skill-dependent AI driving error algorithm.
- AI: removed throttle lift by low-skill opponents when global AI strength is set to 90 or higher.
- Adjusted AI lines on several tracks.

And in update 1.6.2 ;

GAMEPLAY:
- Potential improvement to general AI pace at high skill levels.

Now let's see if they all come to consoles... cause PC version is now on 1.6.6

So in the should port the updates to consoles;

1.6.5 and

Last edited:

I believe there are some of his improvements in the 1.6 build but there are issues with their pace now at 100% difficulty. I believe Kunos are looking into it so when we will get it on console I don’t know. So it doesn’t sound like a massive improvement to what we’ve currently got but it is an improvement.

Donnced beat me to it.

Last edited:
I believe there are some of his improvements in the 1.6 build but there are issues with their pace now at 100% difficulty. I believe Kunos are looking into it so when we will get it on console I don’t know. So it doesn’t sound like a massive improvement to what we’ve currently got but it is an improvement.

Donnced beat me to it.
Pace issues should be fixed since 1.6.2, so all AI adjustments and all updates code from 1.5.5 to 1.6.6 should be ported to consoles and be part of the update that will come end of January

1. On January 8 you posted on Facebook: "I think it still represents well the pure essence of the Assetto Corsa vision. We’ll be back." followed by a gif from Nordschleife. What, if anything, should we take away from that?

2. In an interview from September 2019 you said that you were evaluating whether to continue using the Unreal engine or develop a new in-house engine for future projects. Have you started the development of any "future project", and if so, which engine are you using? And if not, have you come to a decision regarding the engine?
(Well, it doesn't hurt to ask, right? :D)

3. Any ETA on the British Pack other than "Winter 2021"?

4. Is there any new DLC planned after the British Pack?

Also, if you (Jordan) could formulate/ask some question about the evolution of the tyre model from AC to ACC to a new title.
Reg No.2 I would suggest extending that question to also asking about the possibility if simply moving to UE5? I suspect we wont really get a solid answer.

Aris said on one of his streams recently Stefano will help out when they need his help.

Mike from 505 customer support on Discord said that patch/DLC on consoles have a delay:

"potentially a slight delay on the patch/DLC. It's looking like early Feb instead of late Jan. I know that sucks, but I wanted to make sure you all knew of what the timelines were like"

We've seen the debut success of the new GR Supra GT4. Have Kunos Simulazioni been in contact with Toyota Gazoo Racing, for it's possible inclusion?

Also, any chance of TCR/WTCR being added to the franchise in the future?

Last edited:

Not sure whether too late or not but thought of a question this morning.

With such a great core simulation in place, have you thought about just adding to the base game for the future, rather than starting all over? You have so many areas to delve into with the SRO licence (Asia, USA, Australia), there is so much content you could add (cars and tracks). Having bought this on console, I’ve had the same tracks to race on since launch. You have no idea how excited I am for Imola and the British GT tracks. There’s certainly something to be said for drip feeding new content regularly and over a long period of time. Of course without knowing details, I realise this may not be financially viable compared to a whole new release every few years. Oh and any thoughts on ACC on next gen consoles? Just had to add that in there.

Some more news from Mike, the 505games customer support guy;

I've said before that even if there were next-gen plans, I can't say anything. You'll hear it from our other 505 channels, not support.

Spectator support is very high on the list of things the team is vetting right now, so I'm hoping I'll have additional news on this front soon. The team is very aware of its importance to leagues/broadcasts.

As for the updates, I think they're targeting middle of next week. Not sure exactly which day.

EDIT,last minute news;

Looks like things are on schedule for the 27th. I'll post again if anything changes!

Last edited:
I missed the bit in his response where it specifically says “we’re looking at spectating over FOV adjustments”. Keep banging your head against that wall though.

My apologies, I guess that was an assumption of mine since there has been no response at all about FOV adjustments that I have seen.

Mike was specifically answering a number of posters who were all talking about spectator functions as being absolutely critical.

Everyone needs to bear in mind, many people have many different priorities in this game. They can't fix everything all at once

Last edited:
If they fix FOV and headlights ill be in heaven.

If they fix the online servers, and allow you to set some more specific filters, like SA rating, then I'd kill myself, so that i could go heaven and play ACC all day long.

SA rating is current available as an entry requirement per server? Or You mean to search for available servers?

You know, buying a PC where you have everything you could hope for is a bit less drastic than killing yourself. Only you'd have a bit less time to play as you'll need a job to pay it off :lol:

Last edited:
If they fix FOV and headlights ill be in heaven.

If they fix the online servers, and allow you to set some more specific filters, like SA rating, then I'd kill myself, so that i could go heaven and play ACC all day long.

Forget headlights, on that they already answered that no further improvements are planned (they took away rain efects and phisycs on windshield and dynamic blackering/rubbering of track surface to achieve the little to none improvement they added of the headlights already)

About VoF settings, it's highly requested ,and will stay requested till they add it

Back