Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
Forget headlights, on that they already answered that no further improvements are planned (they took away rain efects and phisycs on windshield and dynamic blackering/rubbering of track surface to achieve the little to none improvement they added of the headlights already)

About VoF settings, it's highly requested ,and will stay requested till they add it
FOV
Field of view

Has anyone playing with the latest patch noticed they've changed the Championship settings?
There's far less options in the session settings screen, especially if you run a custom championship.

No options for 1 or 2 races, starting position, anything less than a 30 min race has gone, practice and qualy options more limited...
There used to be an entire screen's worth of options here but now there are only 4 lines to adjust.
I'm really hoping something went wrong here as I can't see how this is better for the player.

Has anyone playing with the latest patch noticed they've changed the Championship settings?
There's far less options in the session settings screen, especially if you run a custom championship.

No options for 1 or 2 races, starting position, anything less than a 30 min race has gone, practice and qualy options more limited...
There used to be an entire screen's worth of options here but now there are only 4 lines to adjust.
I'm really hoping something went wrong here as I can't see how this is better for the player.

Furthermore if you choose custom season (don't know how it's named because i'm german) you will end directly in the race, even if you set a training or qualifying. Very annoying...

Apparently the update has caused all kinds of issues for online races to the point where it’s basically unplayable
Can verify that after receiving the 1.6.5 update today (PS4 digital) and trying a lobby around Spa. Encountered a lot of issues that weren't present when I first picked it up the other week: engine sounds randomly cutting out; no-one else out on track during practice or qualifying; yellow flags everywhere for virtually no reason. Couldn't even perform the start procedure for the race as everyone else was still stuck in the pitlane.

Hope Kunos can fix this very soon. Other than tonight's problems I've been having quite a bit of fun with ACC so far.

Here's a screenshot comparative showing the dynamic blackering/rubbering visible on the new Imola track on PS4, and the only track that has it, cause on all other tracks it's gone since an update in September.

- "Green" track
g2qz.jpg

g2r0.jpg

- "fast" track
g2r1.jpg

g2r2.jpg

- "optimum" track
g2r3.jpg

g2r4.jpg

Here's a screenshot comparative showing the dynamic blackering/rubbering visible on the new Imola track on PS4, and the only track that has it, cause on all other tracks it's gone since an update in September.

- "Green" track
g2qz.jpg

g2r0.jpg

- "fast" track
g2r1.jpg

g2r2.jpg

- "optimum" track
g2r3.jpg

g2r4.jpg
I'm wondering if D3T even know it's gone from the other tracks...

- "Green" track
g2qz.jpg

g2r0.jpg

- "fast" track
g2r1.jpg

g2r2.jpg

- "optimum" track
g2r3.jpg

g2r4.jpg

Jup. This has been driving me crazy. Thanks for bringing it up. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Issues I've encountered with the latest update...

Button mapping - I wanted to re-map a button yesterday, I use a CSL Elite with the F1 Esports rim (for this game, I was also using the P1 wheel until recently too). I couldn't map several buttons on the wheel, they just come up as 'Unassigned'. The game seems to think I'm using maybe a F1 rim with the Podium module as if I reset the bindings that's what it seems to default to. There really should be set profiles for the various wheels by this point and the button mapping issue itself is new.

Online - is obviously completely borked at the moment. Lobbies are viewable and joinable but are a complete mess inside, haven't been able to have a single normal race yet, every time the grid doesn't form up.

The headlights are acting a bit weird, with them on at a dark track I'm getting this slightly blurry haze in the middle of the screen where the headlights are projecting.

Positives though...
The game seems to feel even better than before driving-wise. The new tyre model on the 2020 cars really helps give a better feeling of when the car is sliding.

Force feedback feels good too. Haven't played the game for maybe a month so not sure if there's any direct improvement but it certainly feels nice. Still need an auto-adjustment for the steering lock as having to change it manually for every different car is a pain.

Imola is fantastic. Great version of the circuit.

My list;

1-G29 locks to left when you push PS button
2-T500 wheel implementation broken
3- need to port/add autoDOR system so we don't have to manually set steer lock for each car/brand
4- replay and highlights saving still broken
5- button mapping still broken, specially on L2 & R2
6- random game crashes in career mode, championship mode and online
7-rain efects on windshield broken/missing
8-dynamic blackering/rubbering on track surface broken on all tracks online and offline except Imola
9-CP rating /points broken since launch
10- keep stuck in pitlane online bug
11- sound issues online, specially in pitlane in Spa
12- BMW M4 GT4 no engine sound online
13-flying cars online and walls you can go through online
14- Championship mode has less options since last update
15- championship mode sends you directly to race jumping practice and qualy sessions
16-text position issues in MDF menu
17- car setup load and save problems online
18- gost steering in dash camera sometimes (workaround toggle camera)
19- no possiblity to edit name abraviation "PLY" in driver personalization
20- delta times going crazy online
21 -Spectator mode broken in private servers and inaccessible since last update
22-brake Glow always on in spectators mode in every car all time
23- 2020 season DLC inaccessible if you have buyed season pass after the DLC launch(fixed today)
24-still input lag
25- when player enter server,produce lag to other players on track

My list;

1-G29 locks to left when you push PS button
2-T500 wheel implementation broken
3- need to port/add autoDOR system so we don't have to manually set steer lock for each car/brand
4- replay and highlights saving still broken
5- button mapping still broken, specially on L2 & R2
6- random game crashes in career mode, championship mode and online
7-rain efects on windshield broken/missing
8-dynamic blackering/rubbering on track surface broken on all tracks online and offline except Imola
9-CP rating /points broken since launch
10- keep stuck in pitlane online bug
11- sound issues online, specially in pitlane in Spa
12- BMW M4 GT4 no engine sound online
13-flying cars online and walls you can go through online
14- Championship mode has less options since last update
15- championship mode sends you directly to race jumping practice and qualy sessions
16-text position issues in MDF menu
17- car setup load and save problems online
18- gost steering in dash camera sometimes (workaround toggle camera)
19- no possiblity to edit name abraviation "PLY" in driver personalization
20- delta times going crazy online
21 -Spectator mode broken in private servers and inaccessible since last update
22-brake Glow always on in spectators mode in every car all time
23- 2020 season DLC inaccessible if you have buyed season pass after the DLC launch(fixed today)
24-still input lag
25- when player enter server,produce lag to other players on track

26 - Career mode still broken (this has a huge list on its own)
27 - Podium video still has cars floating with no wheels
28 - Longer load times (Yes I have an SSD installed)
29 - Game save hangs but seems to save OK (?)

This game is constantly crashing for me on ps5. I had to do some of the lambo tests multiple times because it would crash after the session ended and not save my progress.

Last edited:
26 - Career mode still broken (this has a huge list on its own)
27 - Podium video still has cars floating with no wheels
28 - Longer load times (Yes I have an SSD installed)
29 - Game save hangs but seems to save OK (?)

30 - Also no engine sound for AMG GT4.

Last edited:
I ran a 30 minute race at Imola last night so I don't have extensive experience with it yet.

I can't really feel any difference in the tires yet but it's only been one race in the AMG Evo.

Everything looked better in terms of the track, trees etc. More crisp and sharp looking than before the update. Didn't have a single hesitation.

The end of race procedure has apparently changed. Before the update you crossed the line then the countdown started and you could hit A and the track map would appear with each car's position on it. Once the last car crossed the line the timing screen would appear with all of the time gaps. Now if you hit A once you cross the finish line, it takes you straight to the timing screen which of course is incomplete since everyone hasn't crossed the line yet. I prefer the old way.

It does look like Kunos and 505 could do with being a bit more hands-on with handling updates for the console version. The main PC game looks so well polished now and you can see where the console versions are trying to fit in as much of the main game as possible, but its a bit of a mess and its such a shame because there is so much potential in a more polished console version of this game. It is the purest simulation available on the consoles right now.

I was really hoping to see improvements to the AI, but it looks like it's not any better. Might even be a little worse now, as I've seen lapped cars fight me instead of letting me pass :lol:. And Kyalami (still) seems almost unplayable as the AI divebombs in turn 10, lap after lap...

I've only ran two races, both at Imola but I haven't noticed any difference in AI behavior. I did notice that just like in Project Cars 2, the AI always leaves the inside wide open at Tosa. I can go in there knowing the AI is not going to fight for that position.

It does look like Kunos and 505 could do with being a bit more hands-on with handling updates for the console version. The main PC game looks so well polished now and you can see where the console versions are trying to fit in as much of the main game as possible, but its a bit of a mess and its such a shame because there is so much potential in a more polished console version of this game. It is the purest simulation available on the consoles right now.
It's been over 6 months since release, the state of the game is a joke now after all this time. It's clear the game shouldn't have been released on what was current gen then. I cant see ACC ever being in a fully accept state on PS4 and for that reason alone I want a free copy if its released on PS5 as I believe they were just cashing in.

It's been over 6 months since release, the state of the game is a joke now after all this time. It's clear the game shouldn't have been released on what was current gen then. I cant see ACC ever being in a fully accept state on PS4 and for that reason alone I want a free copy if its released on PS5 as I believe they were just cashing in.

Wow. Entitlement or what... Weren’t you ever taught as a kid “I wants don’t get”?

The game was released as a PS4/Xbone game. You were aware of that when you bought it. There was absolutely no confirmation of a next gen version and there still isn’t. You have every right to be disgruntled with the state the game is in after all this time when you paid good money for what should be a product that works 100%. Feel free to contact Sony and complain about the state the game is in and ask for a refund.

And good luck with getting your free copy on PS5...

Latest Posts

Back