Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
It is supposed to be backwards compatible. According to Sony ACC should work on PS5.
It runs great on PS5. But mine crashes every time I play. Twice in an hour the other night. Annoying but not the end of the world when you can boot up and be racing in about a minute.

Yeah I’m trying to progress through the career but I keep crashing after the Lambo tests. No point in continuing to play if this is going to happen in the races too.

Too bad, because it looks good and feels smooth on PS5. Kunos are shooting themselves in the foot if they don’t make an updated version for the new consoles though.

Last edited:
I think the problems y'all may be getting is due to the recent patch. Many users have been having issues since and we had to postpone our multi-player lobby last Thursday as a result. I think the developers are aware and hopefully should release a new patch to address soon. The game was working pretty good before that.

Yeah I’m trying to progress through the career but I keep crashing after the Lambo tests. No point in continuing to play if this is going to happen in the races too.

Too bad, because it looks good and feels smooth on PS5. Kunos are shooting themselves in the foot if they don’t make an updated version for the new consoles though.

Career mode is a waste of time. Just start a full championship. But do some single player races first to figure out what difficulty you're at. You wanna be around +-0.1s off the fastest car in qually for good racing to happen.

It runs great on PS5. But mine crashes every time I play. Twice in an hour the other night. Annoying but not the end of the world when you can boot up and be racing in about a minute.

You do realise contradiction here, don't you?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:"It runs great on PS5. But mine crashes every time I play.":confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I play on PS5 and haven't had a single crash yet thankfully. Mine is on an external HDD which could make a difference.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:"It runs great on PS5. But mine crashes every time I play.":confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
It does sound strange but I assume he is referring purely to framerate.

Last edited:
Yeah. I also don't have crashes... I had only one with some kind of corrupted save file in settings. But when I deleted it it came back to normal.

But yeah. On PS5 it runs perfect. Smooth 60FPS even graphics are nice in my opinion (better than PCars 2 which looks weird now in my opinion)

I mean purely the frame rate. I'll take hard crashes over the janky performance I used to get on PS4 any day.

Wow. Entitlement or what... Weren’t you ever taught as a kid “I wants don’t get”?

The game was released as a PS4/Xbone game. You were aware of that when you bought it. There was absolutely no confirmation of a next gen version and there still isn’t. You have every right to be disgruntled with the state the game is in after all this time when you paid good money for what should be a product that works 100%. Feel free to contact Sony and complain about the state the game is in and ask for a refund.

And good luck with getting your free copy on PS5...
Not entitlement at all. I bought this game on release fully in the knowledge of ot drawbacks. Then I find out theres no FOV, I then play and enjoy the game despite default fov being a major annoyance. At this point in time I'm still happy to pay extra for a next gen patch or even but any DLC for the PS4 version, but then comes an update that makes the game worse, then another patch that makes the game worse. Rinse repeat.

I've put this game on ice for months because I assumed they'd somewhat fix the game to a reasonable standard, which they haven't. Now I try this update and the sound keeps cutting out, performance is way worse and still no mention of FOV let alone actually implementing it. I paid for this game and I expect it not only to work but to not be worse after updates so essentially I could claim it's not fit for purpose as I've not had desire to play it under these circumstances, and it's been out 7 months.

So I can only deduce 1 of 2 things from this state of the game:

1. D3T are completely incompetent at delivering a sound product.
2. 505 released the game on old in the tooth gens knowing or not being sure the game could run efficiently but wanted the cash and didn't care about deliving a satisfactory product.

I'm putting my money on Kunis completely staying away from the PS4 if it was their choice. So no, you can retract your nonsensical entitlement comment. It's been 7 months, I should not still be wait to play this game, I should be playing it now, my patience has wore thin and no way am I buying DLC to support a sub par product, and this is why I want a free copy of a PS5 version ( though I would buy it too if it was a job well done ). They need to offer something up or just come out and say it's never gonna be better than it is now.

Most PS4 games with a PS5 update crash, Wreckfest crashes often too.

Last edited:
Not entitlement at all. I bought this game on release fully in the knowledge of ot drawbacks. Then I find out theres no FOV, I then play and enjoy the game despite default fov being a major annoyance. At this point in time I'm still happy to pay extra for a next gen patch or even but any DLC for the PS4 version, but then comes an update that makes the game worse, then another patch that makes the game worse. Rinse repeat.

I've put this game on ice for months because I assumed they'd somewhat fix the game to a reasonable standard, which they haven't. Now I try this update and the sound keeps cutting out, performance is way worse and still no mention of FOV let alone actually implementing it. I paid for this game and I expect it not only to work but to not be worse after updates so essentially I could claim it's not fit for purpose as I've not had desire to play it under these circumstances, and it's been out 7 months.

2. 505 released the game on old in the tooth gens knowing or not being sure the game could run efficiently but wanted the cash and didn't care about deliving a satisfactory product.

I'm putting my money on Kunis completely staying away from the PS4 if it was their choice. So no, you can retract your nonsensical entitlement comment. It's been 7 months, I should not still be wait to play this game, I should be playing it now, my patience has wore thin and no way am I buying DLC to support a sub par product, and this is why I want a free copy of a PS5 version ( though I would buy it too if it was a job well done ). They need to offer something up or just come out and say it's never gonna be better than it is now.

Did you buy a PS5 to play PS4 games? Smart decision. How many "racing games have been released on PS5" You should have spent a couple hundred dollars more and went PC and you would have none of the problems.

It's your choice to have not played it for 7 months.
But I've played probably at least 2-4 hours per week for 7 months :D

Must of got a whole lot worse on console because I played it originally on the PS4 Pro and it wasn't bad once id adjusted to the framerate. But I made the decision to call time on sim racing on consoles last year because your forever waiting or hoping for improvement and Kunos have no interest in console gaming. Plenty of options on PC and ACC is incredible so I'm sorry to say if you want ACC in all its glory then PC it is.

Agree with all what you've said, and yes, D3T and 505, both let disire a lot from what I've seen in 505discord, only one guy from 505 in Los Angeles care about the users and try to help.

Kunos....seen their last reply in their forum,shows they don't care about consoles version and don't seem very aware of the state of the game either..

Incomprehensible for me how a Dev team don't care about their game and their reputation, cause most people thinks that kunos is also responsible for the consoles version

Screenshot_20210201-171436-01.jpeg

Last edited:
I play on PS5 and haven't had a single crash yet thankfully. Mine is on an external HDD which could make a difference.

I also have it on an external HDD and I still crash a lot for whatever reason. Really unfortunate because it runs SO much more smoothly compared to my base PS4. It feels nearly as smooth as GTS, I was loving it.

Last edited:
Agree with all what you've said, and yes, D3T and 505, both let disire a lot from what I've seen in 505discord, only one guy from 505 in Los Angeles care about the users and try to help.

Kunos....seen their last reply in their forum,shows they don't care about consoles version and don't seem very aware of the state of the game either..

Incomprehensible for me how a Dev team don't care about their game and their reputation, cause most people thinks that kunos is also responsible for the consoles version

View attachment 988794

See now this is annoying. The one and only post the official Kunos account makes in the console section and it’s a standard PR reply after shutting down a thread. Yes the thread was ridiculous IMO, but it’s a forum. Should still be somewhere we should freely be able to discuss all things regarding the game, regardless of whether we agree with them or not.

It’s even worse in the PC section. I feel the pankykapus (?) guy from Kunos really doesn’t come across well at all in the majority of his posts.

So yes, it’s pretty clear that Kunos don’t give a monkeys about console. But looking at how they represent themselves on the official forums, it doesn’t look like they give too much of a monkeys towards PC players either. The game is made in their way and their way only. Very Italian.

Like many of you have said already, Kunos made this game, regardless of if it’s console or PC. It’s their name on this product and unless you come here or the official forums, you’d most likely have no idea it isn’t them that are in charge of the console port. I find it incredibly stupid and arrogant of them to not weigh in on the situation at all.

Last edited:
See now this is annoying. The one and only post the official Kunos account makes in the console section and it’s a standard PR reply after shutting down a thread. Yes the thread was ridiculous IMO, but it’s a forum. Should still be somewhere we should freely be able to discuss all things regarding the game, regardless of whether we agree with them or not.

It’s even worse in the PC section. I feel the pankykapus (?) guy from Kunos really doesn’t come across well at all in the majority of his posts.

So yes, it’s pretty clear that Kunos don’t give a monkeys about console. But looking at how they represent themselves on the official forums, it doesn’t look like they give too much of a monkeys towards PC players either. The game is made in their way and their way only. Very Italian.

Like many of you have said already, Kunos made this game, regardless of if it’s console or PC. It’s their name on this product and unless you come here or the official forums, you’d most likely have no idea it isn’t them that are in charge of the console port. I find it incredibly stupid and arrogant of them to not weigh in on the situation at all.
Thing is we don't know the contractual situation. They will have defined responsibilities regarding console, and may not be able to able step in just because they want to if not formally agreed from on top. And if "on top" is a senior exec at 505 with their head in the sand, like maybe the person who made the decision to put D3t in responsible for the port and they won't back down or acknowledge their own mistake, then what can you expect the kunos guys to do - put their own unpaid time in and go against the systems / protocols and the console port team? Do kunos even have access to the systems required to interrogate / fix console issues?

There's a lot that needs to happen behind the scenes to enable kunos to work directly on console, beyond probably a couple zoom calls. They are no longer a small indie who can do whatever they want.

That said, I know Aris is keen to get involved, and I really hope that once British DLC is released on PC and initial bugs ironed out, he will be able to dedicate some time over the next month or two to getting the console release in a better place.

I think the next new content for PC will be a long way off under the current covid restrictions so perhaps they have some time soon. I know Aris doesn't understand why we don't have auto steering lock, or seat position / fov adjust (basically the stuff that is important for a racing sim that D3T, without any racing game background, don't understand) so I'm quietly hopeful.

Last edited:
All good points. Think I came here to vent last night. Game crashed on me 3 times last night. Which hasn’t happened for a long time. Little worrying how random it is. How do you go about recreating them to be able to fix them!?

Anyway, yes hopefully we get the Brit DLC soon and the game itself will be in a much better place in a few months time.

That's a worry, yeah how do you fix such a random issue, and frustrating too. Think I've only had 2 blue screens since I bought the game at launch, and play maybe 4-5 hours per week.
I'm probably due a load now :indiff::lol:

Last edited:
.... Then I find out theres no FOV, I then play and enjoy the game despite default fov being a major annoyance......(another update) and still no mention of FOV let alone actually implementing it.
This my biggest pet peeve. I really can't understand how up to now so long after release we (PS4/5 players) can't get to adjust FOV available especially since it was available in the original AC game. This really beats me and why I'm forced now to drive in bonnet cam view in order to get better FOV/track etc vision.

Other than that the game plays excellent for me on PS4 and a group of us having been racing online lobby from ever since release....until last Thursday that is when the then latest patch seems to have messed things up and we're hoping for a new patch to fix that in order to continue.

Anybody got any ideas how to get the trustmaster tlcm pedals working on ps5 . Throttle is mapped to the clutch pedal . No way of changing it in game either . Frustrating

After I replaced my original pedals for the T150 with some T3P-A pedals I had to do something similar which involved holding down the mode button for 5 seconds until the light flashed on the wheel. This reversed the pedal maps for me. Did a web search not help at all?

Anybody got any ideas how to get the trustmaster tlcm pedals working on ps5 . Throttle is mapped to the clutch pedal . No way of changing it in game either . Frustrating

Update from Mike devs discord

There will be an update coming out from our community team soon regarding server status and the next patch. I think that will be happening in the next day or so. Sorry I haven't been around much. Also dealing with Control PS5/X|S launch issues at the same time.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I played Control for a couple of hours today and had no issues at all, I just hope 505 don't brush ACC aside.

It's a setting on your wheel base not in the game. You have it set to inverted mode

I literally cannot believe what I am reading. First GT sport, now this, both no FoV adjustment.
So Consoles are still toys even in 2021. All that hardware prowess, for what?
Cant buy any GPU even used because all prices are BS. Otherwise I would stay with PC.

I upgraded my pedals too (T300 wheel) and it has worked fine but you need to ensure you have done the firmware update to the latest version for the wheel to recognise the pedals

Back