Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
Feels like a great simulation, but I really dislike how the scenery graphics fall apart whenever taking a corner (PS4 Pro). The original AC is far more stable visually, but maybe things will run better on PS5.

Interesting that there are so many different people with different issues/opinions on the same console.

A little play with the controller settings and its perfectly good with a pad (deadzone, 1, speed sensitivity 50, damping 80, gamma 3.5, assist on), I havent had any of this stuttering with graphics, solid 30fps, occasional drop at a race start in the rain, and I don't find it offensive to look at by any stretch. Probably on a par with WRC8.

Im sorry...but maybe there is something really wrong...I have no words to express the gameplay...or the lack of it... it stutters, it doesn't have the sensation of speed (30fps are a joke)... and the tx wheel doesn't work (maybe there is some trick to make it work...but I lost the patience). My question is...how this is possible on a xbox one x?

Im sorry...but maybe there is something really wrong...I have no words to express the gameplay...or the lack of it... it stutters, it doesn't have the sensation of speed (30fps are a joke)... and the tx wheel doesn't work (maybe there is some trick to make it work...but I lost the patience). My question is...how this is possible on a xbox one x?

Like I say. I have a totally different experience to you. I find it very enjoyable, the frame rate is solid, the controller works fine. Just seems everyone's having a different experience.

The helmet cam really adds to the stutter. It's so much smoother with the other cockpit cams. I understand they're going for the visceral feel, but the screen jumps quite a bit even braking slowly.

The helmet cam really adds to the stutter. It's so much smoother with the other cockpit cams. I understand they're going for the visceral feel, but the screen jumps quite a bit even braking slowly.

Yep, it seems like that view in particular might have more problems maintaining 30 fps.

Just spend a good hour with ACC on ps4 pro.

Make sure to disable Super Sampling in the ps4 settings and enable Boost mode of course. This gives the best result.

I have a G25 via drive hub it is a G29 on ps4. In ACC there is a setting cold Steering Lock (or something like that). You have to set it in the menu from 40 to 900 degrees. 40 is really bad of course. 900 too sluggish.

I have it now at 560. But why doesn't the game automatically adjust it for the car you're driving. Like AC, pc2, and DR2.0 do?

The red glowing exhausts look really amazing. Yes I am chase came racer :)

Edit: I love the ability to save during almost everything!

Just spend a good hour with ACC on ps4 pro.

Make sure to disable Super Sampling in the ps4 settings and enable Boost mode of course. This gives the best result.

I have a G25 via drive hub it is a G29 on ps4. In ACC there is a setting cold Steering Lock (or something like that). You have to set it in the menu from 40 to 900 degrees. 40 is really bad of course. 900 too sluggish.

I have it now at 560. But why doesn't the game automatically adjust it for the car you're driving. Like AC, pc2, and DR2.0 do?

The red glowing exhausts look really amazing. Yes I am chase came racer :)

Edit: I love the ability to save during almost everything!

I will see if supersampling is turned on and if so turn it off if this makes things a little better.

Console player now have access to the best GT3 simulation on the market today, the physic is as good as it gets.
The console players who are more interested in great graphic might want to stick to simcade title like GT or Forza, but if you are into simulation and stuck with a console ACC is your ticket to racing simulation bliss.
Enjoy!

Graphics are part of the sim experience. They are key to the immersion that many of us want in sim racing. Also please consider that some people are far more sensitive to framerate and stutter than others and what might be ok for you may be game breaking for others.

I did not even try without boost mode off. You might be right.

I did notice that the pro does make AC on ps4 prettier and run with higher fps with 16 cars on the grid.

where's the super sampling option in settings?

graphic output on you ps4 pro:
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fkevinmurnane%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F02%2FToggle_DF.jpg

Game was not packaged with a code for the Intercontinental DLC, I was emailed the code instead. Ordered from BestBuy... and according to the time it was sent, the code arrived before the game did lol.

Just tried a race in storm conditions, surprisingly the framerate doesn't seem to suffer (more than it already is on occasion). The AI seemed stupidly slow in the wet though - I'm not a fast driver at all, trying some single races to find a good difficulty setting for career mode (80 in the dry was too easy, 90 too difficult, so I'm guessing 85), but the AI in this race practically stopped on many occasions and I could drive right by them.

So I ran the game to test it out .. on my ps4 pro I had best video smoothness with the setting below (some may not matter but this is what I used)

Set resolution to 1080p (not automatic)
Turn off HDR
Disable SuperSampling (sometimes when I run my ps4 pro at 1080p on a 4k tv this option is available other times it is not unsure why, just make sure it is off)
Boost Mode = On

I only used a controller though, have not got my wheel setup yet.. will work on that later today or tomorrow.

The recommended controller settings from the previous page have made things better, but it’s still not good.

I find it super twitchy - almost hard to drive in a straight line.

We need nextgen consoles for this game, i hope it will receive PS5 and X 60fps patch.
This game is too CPU heavy for current gen consoles.

The recommended controller settings from the previous page have made things better, but it’s still not good.

I find it super twitchy - almost hard to drive in a straight line.

I had the same issues, I found these settings made it playable for me.

speed sensitivity- 75
steer filter- 95
steer speed- 100
steer gamma- 1.5
steer assist enabled

The eu still trying to punish
A base PS4 player here. After an evening with ACC, in a nutshell

- Graphics : PS3 era
- Physics : unmatched
- Sounds : unmatched

If you can look past the utterly dated graphics, you'll have a hell of a time!
From my short stint, lack of FOV adjustment is gonna be a killer for me. Dont like dash cam with a pad, I couldn't play GTS because of the wide FOV.

A base PS4 player here. After an evening with ACC, in a nutshell

- Graphics : PS3 era
- Physics : unmatched
- Sounds : unmatched

If you can look past the utterly dated graphics, you'll have a hell of a time!

How dated is "utterly dated" though? Some people consider AC's graphics PS3 era - to me they are perfectly adequate.

Also, am I getting the feedback that the base PS4 works better than the Pro ... is that a thing, or just a reflection of the higher expectations of owners of Pros?

How dated is "utterly dated" though? Some people consider AC's graphics PS3 era - to me they are perfectly adequate.

Also, am I getting the feedback that the base PS4 works better than the Pro ... is that a thing, or just a reflection of the higher expectations of owners of Pros?

I would say GT6 level and for sure worse than the original AC.

@lancia delta hf I use bonnet, since that is the only one usable for me. Since no fov setting.

Graphically its better than AC for sure.

Has anyone figured out how to adjust the display in game? No matter how I adjust my TV or PS4 I’m losing bits on the edge of the screen?

135F8FDA-ED24-4F06-BAB1-AD594B5A3D31.jpeg

Back