Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
Stupid question... I have this code for the Intercontinental GT DLC, where is the DLC? in game takes me to the store but says there's no link or something

If you're on Xbox then after redeeming the code on Marketplace you have to go into Manage Games and select ACCC which should give you the option of 'installing' the DLC even though its just a 10MB download. I didn't know that this had to be done because I've never had to do this for any other Xbox game DLC. Ever. Was quite frustrated because couldn't access the IGTC content even after redeeming the code and all it did was point me to the store. Thankfully someone on AC's facebook was in a similar bind and pointed me in the right direction.

Map the MFD option under button bindings to your wheel, that way you can cycle through all the Fuel Mix, TC, ABS options and adjust them, as well as pit strategy, etc.

This. I also have a G29 and mapped the MFD to the + button on the left, you are good to go.

There´s a lot to like here, but ultimately I regret my purchase.
The visuals (frame rate specifically) ARE a problem even though I think I could get used to it.
What I´m never gonna get used to is the controller implementation - it´s simply bad.
No matter how I tweak it the car always feels like a go cart and driving in a straight line can be a challenge.
Here´s hoping they keep working on that, but I will probably have moved on when they have.

Last edited:
Map the MFD option under button bindings to your wheel, that way you can cycle through all the Fuel Mix, TC, ABS options and adjust them, as well as pit strategy, etc.

Right now ACC doesn't support button boxes (tried last night with no luck - PC2 and F1 both do)

ACC is the same as AC in that track conditions can make a massive difference a 'fast' track will provide much more grip than a 'dusty' or 'green' one,

As above map the binding for MFD to a button on your wheel and away you go.
Does the console release not have the option to map a 'shift' button to effectively double the number of buttons you have. On the PC version you can use a shift button and an extended button press to quadruple the number of functions you can map.

Did you try changing the wheel lock. That did the trick for me. I was getting all sorts of issues before I went to 540 across the board
Will give it a try but seems strange that u have to change the steering rotation for the game not to disconnect u from a server

Does the console release not have the option to map a 'shift' button to effectively double the number of buttons you have. On the PC version you can use a shift button and an extended button press to quadruple the number of functions you can map.
Not that I have noticed, will have to check that tonight

It’s baffling how much better the original AC runs and looks on PS4 Pro. I know the new game is more advanced under the hood, but I don’t care when it barely runs decently. Waste of money for now.

Runs better, definitely. But looks better?! The visuals of ACC - even on my base PS4 - are significantly more advanced than AC, lighting and reflections in particular as obvious standouts.

The visuals (frame rate specifically) ARE a problem even though I think I could get used to it.
What I´m never gonna get used to is the controller implementation - it´s simply bad.
No matter how I tweak it the car always feels like a go cart and driving in a straight line can be a challenge.
Here´s hoping they keep working on that, but I will probably have moved on when they have.
I've been using the Bentley since starting up the game(base PS4/DS$). Just now jumped into the 2019 Vantage. The steering moves side to side more than the Bentley. DOn't know why. Unless I have to adjust settings for every car.

I've been using the Bentley since starting up the game(base PS4/DS$). Just now jumped into the 2019 Vantage. The steering moves side to side more than the Bentley. DOn't know why. Unless I have to adjust settings for every car.

Unfortunately you have to indeed. See https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...n-per-car-solution-post-5.65045/#post-1145535

--
For PC you use 900 degrees in driver and in game for 1:1 on all vehicles.. If this is not a option for consol here is the individual steering rotation for each vehicle manufacturer.

Ferrari = 480 deg
McLaren = 480 deg

BMW = 565 deg

Lamborghini = 620 deg
Lamborghini ST = 620 deg
Honda = 620 deg

Lexus = 640 deg
Aston Martin = 640 deg
Bentley = 640 deg
Nissan = 640 deg
Mercedes = 640 deg

Jaguar = 720 deg
Audi = 720 deg
R-EX = 720 deg

911 GT3 = 800 deg
911 CUP = 800 deg
--

Whilst detracting slightly from the simulation element I have found playing from bumper cam feels better than cockpit. With regards to controller settings I used magpies latest but changed steering speed to 15. With that view and controller combination I was able to get the achievement/trophy for lapping spa under 2min25 so must be doing something right. I'm on Xbox one X.

Unfortunately you have to indeed. See https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...n-per-car-solution-post-5.65045/#post-1145535

--
For PC you use 900 degrees in driver and in game for 1:1 on all vehicles.. If this is not a option for consol here is the individual steering rotation for each vehicle manufacturer.

Ferrari = 480 deg
McLaren = 480 deg

BMW = 565 deg

Lamborghini = 620 deg
Lamborghini ST = 620 deg
Honda = 620 deg

Lexus = 640 deg
Aston Martin = 640 deg
Bentley = 640 deg
Nissan = 640 deg
Mercedes = 640 deg

Jaguar = 720 deg
Audi = 720 deg
R-EX = 720 deg

911 GT3 = 800 deg
911 CUP = 800 deg
--

Damn, I had mine set to 360* last night, I’ll have to play with the settings tonight. Thanks for the info! :cheers:

Runs better, definitely. But looks better?! The visuals of ACC - even on my base PS4 - are significantly more advanced than AC, lighting and reflections in particular as obvious standouts.

In some vital aspects ACC looks worse than its predecessor on PS4. For example, asphalt textures come across lower resolution in ACC and that’s pretty big deal when using dash cam and similar low angle perspectives. Environment textures, while probably fine in their own right, are dragged down by the poor performance. Nearly everything around the car stutters and wobbles like a PS2 game, making any graphical improvements very difficult to appreciate. So overall I would say AC looks better for being a lot more graphically stable and crisp where it matters.

Last edited:
I thougth the issue witht parts of the UI being cut off would be solved by getting a 2nd hand 1080p tv. It did not solve it. Luckily I took the ps4 to test it.

This is a rather ugly issue!
If you have an Overscan option in the TV menu then turn it on. You'll get a bit more visible display area.

Whilst detracting slightly from the simulation element I have found playing from bumper cam feels better than cockpit. With regards to controller settings I used magpies latest but changed steering speed to 15. With that view and controller combination I was able to get the achievement/trophy for lapping spa under 2min25 so must be doing something right. I'm on Xbox one X.

Where can I find magpies controller settings? Please let me know as I would love to check them out.

Not sure if my eyes are betraying me but I love the game so far...sure it doesn't look like GTS but we knew from the start it won't. The 30fps doesn't bother me either...hell I used to play pc games in the 80s that were probably moving at 4fps lol.

Personally think some of the criticism is a bit exaggerated, but each to their own. Hope they can patch these issues for those affected.
I on the other hand are having tons of fun. Only gripe so far is I can't enter my driver details? Sure I could do that on PC...having my PSN in the ranking is just immersion killing.

Just the replay length, like AC1, is the worse thing for me. 5 minute races it is.
That there is the definite no buy from me. :censored:s me off when we gett short replays, same with motogp, cannot get a full race length replay, I don't get it, replays files are tiny for gt sport, so what is the issue with that, really do not like that unreal engine

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else with the disc version not get a DLC code in the box? I didn't -- Guess I'll have to email Kunos?

Someone posted here that the official ACC page on facebook had a post on saying the retailers were responsible for distribution of codes.

image0 (1).jpeg
image1 (1).jpeg

This is how bad the screen is cut off on one tv. You can't even see the lap and time information at the top. At the bottom it's a similar situation. I tried a lot.

Together with the steering angle weirdness setting, this is were I draw the line. Games should be fun to play not an SM excersise.

It will be though to get a refund on psn. Still gonna try it.

The game looks like garbage. It even hurts my eyes. The first few laps I definitely noticed the awful mess but the sound and the driving is beautiful.

After I finished the youngster tests I was loving it. I do have to say that I hope we can get some quality of life improvements on the visual side because it kinda hurts.
My thoughts and experience too.
Here´s hoping they keep working on that, but I will probably have moved on when they have
If you put steering speed to the right (Try around 70 first then adjust left or right to your liking), the steering will become more stable at speed, but you will have to lift off throttle on some parts of bends to make it round, depending on how much to the right you have the setting. I find defsuit settings perfectly playable personally.
In some vital aspects ACC looks worse than its predecessor on PS4. For example, asphalt textures come across lower resolution in ACC and that’s pretty big deal when using dash cam and similar low angle perspectives. Environment textures, while probably fine in their own right, are dragged down by the poor performance. Nearly everything around the car stutters and wobbles like a PS2 game, making any graphical improvements very difficult to appreciate. So overall I would say AC looks better for being a lot more graphically stable and crisp where it matters.
Agree AC looks better. Visually the only thing ACC has over AC is the environment, it's much more alive. And the road surface texture in ACC are abysmal, its almost all just grey. Far too many comprises to get it on this gen. It's a shame because from my experience ACC would be amazing if it had decent visuals even at 30FPS.

View attachment 933756 View attachment 933755

This is how bad the screen is cut off on one tv. You can't even see the lap and time information at the top. At the bottom it's a similar situation. I tried a lot.

Together with the steering angle weirdness setting, this is were I draw the line. Games should be fun to play not an SM excersise.

It will be though to get a refund on psn. Still gonna try it.

Ist that old philips perhaps a hd ready model?

How is the FFB on ps4? Same as PC? This i think is one of the most important things.

Back