Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Console Gameplay Videos

I noticed on the FAQ page it mentions some graphic changes to PS4 pro over standard PS4. Also where it states the framerates it specificaly says for base models. Maybe the Pro and XB1X have improved frame rates?

View attachment 931154
Well it looks like the only advantage the X will have over the Pro is native 4K..

more footage, extended replay but rest we've already seen.

Thank you and the PR department should have had game play for interview 505games did. Easy to run in the background. Also I’m thinking of returning game and waiting for a sale. Should I. Gt sport has better visuals.

Last edited:
PS4 runs 1080p. Xbox One X runs 2160p. PS4 Pro runs 1080p. I’m not saying the game is not demanding, I’m just saying they didn’t do PS4 Pro justice.
With Pro you can either choose 1080P with better draw distance, track detail etc or you can choose high resolution mode which is "up to 1800P" - so looks like they are using dynamic resolution scaling which is an available feature in Unreal Engine 4.

Have you played a PS1 game lately? I have and even the "bad" videos here are a dream compared to PS1, so let's not go overboard on the hyperbole.
The car's moving is pretty clear like PS1 games physics. PS2 games are even better than that if contolled with D-Pad. Or maybe the player on the video also uses X and Square as throttle and brake!? I can also say that the developer is lazy to optimize the game for consoles. But I'm still looking forward to the final game and updates.

With Pro you can either choose 1080P with better draw distance, track detail etc or you can choose high resolution mode which is "up to 1800P" - so looks like they are using dynamic resolution scaling which is an available feature in Unreal Engine 4.

Let's hope running it in 1080P gets close to 60fps

Why were people expecting to run like a PC game? I had assumed it would be 30fps all along and will to give it a go to get a good sim experience with some well sorted cars. Its not like its a full cost game either. :rolleyes:

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I think most of us were expecting 60fps, at least on the PS4 Pro and the X1X. Or at least a performance option on those to run at a lower resolution to get 60fps.

As for the base PS4 and especially Xbox one, I was expecting pretty much the same as what Kunos announced.

Does seem like it would’ve made more sense to release on the next gen consoles only, but that’s going to be a much smaller market until a few years into the lifecycle. Hopefully we at least get a performance update on the next gen.

I kinda understand why its demanding but why don't they optimize their physics?
It seemed like it's horribly badly optimized oh no optimization at all while eating hardware power even on PC for no good reason.
No wonder they need all these TF on their cards and barns of ram just to run PS2.5 looking sim racer on PC.
It was baffling decision to port this game on PS4 and XONE they just asking for these poor consoles to bleed internally.

I don't know about console but on the PC you're limited to 1 hour and 15 mins (last time I looked). So sprint races yes, but enduros no.
I'm forced to run short races. I do One Lap Championships. Gives me about 3 minutes(16 cars). When I do the Quick Races(9 cars), I get about 5 minutes or a little more. 10 - 15 minutes will do me just fine.

i still hope there is PS5/XSX version on the way... And this time 60fps and no excuses.

Same here. It seems easier than ever with the upcoming generation to run games from the current gen. The game will already be able to run on the XSX by default, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to adapt it for the console

Kunos is extremely dedicated. I’m sorry they didn’t come out with fireworks and balloons for the console release.

Ian Bell will never be this dedicated...
https://m.youtube.com/user/Aristotelis321/videos

Don't need "fireworks and balloons", but having some footage of the game at its own preview event would be nice wouldn't it ?

I notice he hasn't made a video about the console version, but there is one for every PC patch.

We didn't see a single screenshot, video, interview or article. They just didn't bother. If they had sent an email to GPT or one of the hundreds of other websites out there they could have done a promo article quite easily, but they didn't. There is zero proof of the slightest bit of interest by Kunos or 505 in the console version.

Let's hope running it in 1080P gets close to 60fps

All console versions are 30fps, resolution doesn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't need "fireworks and balloons", but having some footage of the game at its own preview event would be nice wouldn't it ?

I notice he hasn't made a video about the console version, but there is one for every PC patch.

We didn't see a single screenshot, video, interview or article. They just didn't bother. If they had sent an email to GPT or one of the hundreds of other websites out there they could have done a promo article quite easily, but they didn't. There is zero proof of the slightest bit of interest by Kunos or 505 in the console version.
They have screenshots in the Xbox store in the game description..

That's pretty common on PC's depending on budget why should consoles be any different?

Well,quite simple..consoles companys policy.

Consoles are known to offer same advantage/disadvantages for their users.

Same goes with VR policy from Sony...they don't allow "VR only" on PS4PRO, it has to offer same on base console.
While all know that PS4 Pro is more capable to offer a better VR and inclusive some games sure could offer VR only on PS4PRO,but Sony don't want so

Resumed...in PC you and devs have freedom
In console all is limited to hardware/company policy

GTSport and Forza are indeed bad comparison.

So what about Project Cars 2 then?
Pcars2 is a hot mess graphically on base PS4.
At the end of the day even after the car crash preview event that had no preview my Pre order is still happening. I don't have the money for an all singing all dancing pc so will still buy ACC on PS4, for £35 with dlc i'm willing to give it a go and see how it goes and see if it gets patched if needed.

I have read all 5 pages of posts with all the negativity but that has not changed my mind, i want to try it for myself instead of complaining about something before it's even here. Yes it could be a car crash release like the preview event but on the other hand it could be good too, 30fps is not the best compared to other driving games @ 60fps but this is the only way i can play ACC so i'm in and let the chips fall where they lay and to those who are also willing to give it a go, See you on track!
We're all depending on you now to fully test the game in all conditions and report back asap.

It's really bad that they've released 2 videos and not one of them is in cockpit view.

Same goes with VR policy from Sony...they don't allow "VR only" on PS4PRO, it has to offer same on base console.
While all know that PS4 Pro is more capable to offer a better VR and inclusive some games sure could offer VR only on PS4PRO,but Sony don't want so

There are plenty of games on X1X that can run at a higher frame rate than the standard versions (Forza Horizon 4 being one of them with the performance mode)

Enhanced console players already have 60fps options and other graphics enhancements available in a a whole host of other games. Sony & Microsoft are not the reason ACC does not have 60fps mode on enhanced consoles.

Forza Horizon 4 looks fine at 30fps so i am hoping ACC will do aswell. Another note WRC 8 in 4k runs very smooth on Xbox One X.

Horizon 4 is an arcade racer. Its not a sim. Forza 7 runs at 60fps, and even that isnt a sim. And in Horizon you have the option to choose 1080/60fps if you want!

Quite different games, really. Besides cars, they have nothing in common.

Kunos is extremely dedicated. I’m sorry they didn’t come out with fireworks and balloons for the console release.

Ian Bell will never be this dedicated...
https://m.youtube.com/user/Aristotelis321/videos
Thanks alot for that, wasn't aware of those. Yeah i agree 100%, real simmer, not crappy full of it pr.. And same for their respective games.. Seems many can't tell the difference.

more footage, extended replay but rest we've already seen.

Only watched on cell but looks nice enough, certainly better cleaner than pc2 on std ps4.

Well, I'm still picking it up next week, it will be interesting to see how it stacks up against GT3 cars on PC2 and AC.

I can live with 30fps and understand the limitations of the UE4 and the compromises current-gen consoles bring with them.

PC2 is going to be the most interesting comparison as its the only one that will be on the same ground with the weather, ToD, etc. and of course PC3 when it arrives.

Latest Posts

Back