Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Console Gameplay Videos

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 16, 2020.

1. MIKEYJ73

MIKEYJ73

imported_rik19 likes this.
  2. FinnZevo

FinnZevo

Well it looks like the only advantage the X will have over the Pro is native 4K..

3. adam thompson

adam thompson

Thank you and the PR department should have had game play for interview 505games did. Easy to run in the background. Also I’m thinking of returning game and waiting for a sale. Should I. Gt sport has better visuals.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  4. Daz555

Daz555

With Pro you can either choose 1080P with better draw distance, track detail etc or you can choose high resolution mode which is "up to 1800P" - so looks like they are using dynamic resolution scaling which is an available feature in Unreal Engine 4.

Lord Protector likes this.
  5. BigJimmy

BigJimmy

Why were people expecting to run like a PC game? I had assumed it would be 30fps all along and will to give it a go to get a good sim experience with some well sorted cars. Its not like its a full cost game either. :rolleyes:

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

6. Calmlity

Calmlity

The car's moving is pretty clear like PS1 games physics. PS2 games are even better than that if contolled with D-Pad. Or maybe the player on the video also uses X and Square as throttle and brake!? I can also say that the developer is lazy to optimize the game for consoles. But I'm still looking forward to the final game and updates.

FinnZevo likes this.
  7. R9NALD9

R9NALD9

Let's hope running it in 1080P gets close to 60fps

FinnZevo likes this.
  8. BFIFE22

BFIFE22

I think most of us were expecting 60fps, at least on the PS4 Pro and the X1X. Or at least a performance option on those to run at a lower resolution to get 60fps.

As for the base PS4 and especially Xbox one, I was expecting pretty much the same as what Kunos announced.

Does seem like it would’ve made more sense to release on the next gen consoles only, but that’s going to be a much smaller market until a few years into the lifecycle. Hopefully we at least get a performance update on the next gen.

FinnZevo likes this.
  9. CitroenCX

CitroenCX

I kinda understand why its demanding but why don't they optimize their physics?
    It seemed like it's horribly badly optimized oh no optimization at all while eating hardware power even on PC for no good reason.
    No wonder they need all these TF on their cards and barns of ram just to run PS2.5 looking sim racer on PC.
    It was baffling decision to port this game on PS4 and XONE they just asking for these poor consoles to bleed internally.

10. MroczMR

MroczMR

i still hope there is PS5/XSX version on the way... And this time 60fps and no excuses.

Whitestar, super_gt and FinnZevo like this.
  11. 05XR8

05XR8

I'm forced to run short races. I do One Lap Championships. Gives me about 3 minutes(16 cars). When I do the Quick Races(9 cars), I get about 5 minutes or a little more. 10 - 15 minutes will do me just fine.

FinnZevo likes this.
  12. BFIFE22

BFIFE22

Same here. It seems easier than ever with the upcoming generation to run games from the current gen. The game will already be able to run on the XSX by default, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to adapt it for the console

FinnZevo likes this.
  13. DriveSpark

DriveSpark

Don't need "fireworks and balloons", but having some footage of the game at its own preview event would be nice wouldn't it ?

I notice he hasn't made a video about the console version, but there is one for every PC patch.

We didn't see a single screenshot, video, interview or article. They just didn't bother. If they had sent an email to GPT or one of the hundreds of other websites out there they could have done a promo article quite easily, but they didn't. There is zero proof of the slightest bit of interest by Kunos or 505 in the console version.

All console versions are 30fps, resolution doesn't matter.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2020
  14. MSiAventador

MSiAventador

Horror!
    To pCARS2 as to the Moon, and to WRC8 as to Mars.

15. FinnZevo

FinnZevo

They have screenshots in the Xbox store in the game description..

Hygrade B likes this.
  16. Donnced

Donnced

Well,quite simple..consoles companys policy.

Consoles are known to offer same advantage/disadvantages for their users.

Same goes with VR policy from Sony...they don't allow "VR only" on PS4PRO, it has to offer same on base console.
    While all know that PS4 Pro is more capable to offer a better VR and inclusive some games sure could offer VR only on PS4PRO,but Sony don't want so

Resumed...in PC you and devs have freedom
    In console all is limited to hardware/company policy

17. Pcars2 is a hot mess graphically on base PS4.
    We're all depending on you now to fully test the game in all conditions and report back asap.

It's really bad that they've released 2 videos and not one of them is in cockpit view.

18. mokalovesoulmat

mokalovesoulmat

I have this game on PC, ryzen 1600+rx570, but still run like **** lol. Not expecting any better with console version.

Hygrade B likes this.
  19. BFIFE22

BFIFE22

There are plenty of games on X1X that can run at a higher frame rate than the standard versions (Forza Horizon 4 being one of them with the performance mode)

breeminator likes this.
  20. Daz555

Daz555

Enhanced console players already have 60fps options and other graphics enhancements available in a a whole host of other games. Sony & Microsoft are not the reason ACC does not have 60fps mode on enhanced consoles.

Maskmagog and Bruno Antunes like this.
  21. ZiltoidRacer

ZiltoidRacer

lolol, major fail coming up hahaha, my driving i mean not the game.

lancia delta hf and Jtheripper like this.
  22. Neonix1

Neonix1

At 30fps on PS4 Pro and base PS4 people will simply stay with GT Sport.

Cocomoto likes this.
  23. sithmetal71

sithmetal71

Forza Horizon 4 looks fine at 30fps so i am hoping ACC will do aswell. Another note WRC 8 in 4k runs very smooth on Xbox One X.

24. 35mm

35mm Premium

Expect to hear from Brian Coogan...

mc0029 and ZiltoidRacer like this.
  25. Neonix1

Neonix1

Horizon 4 is an arcade racer. Its not a sim. Forza 7 runs at 60fps, and even that isnt a sim. And in Horizon you have the option to choose 1080/60fps if you want!

Quite different games, really. Besides cars, they have nothing in common.

26. Daz555

Daz555

There is no 60fps. All console platforms are locked at 30fps.

27. sithmetal71

sithmetal71

28. Phaceless_Ph

Phaceless_Ph

I'll suspend my judgement till I experience how it plays on PS4.

I prefer Steve Coogan, he's actually worthy of attention

29. Jtheripper

Jtheripper

Thanks alot for that, wasn't aware of those. Yeah i agree 100%, real simmer, not crappy full of it pr.. And same for their respective games.. Seems many can't tell the difference.

Only watched on cell but looks nice enough, certainly better cleaner than pc2 on std ps4.

Hygrade B and doblocruiser like this.
  30. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Well, I'm still picking it up next week, it will be interesting to see how it stacks up against GT3 cars on PC2 and AC.

I can live with 30fps and understand the limitations of the UE4 and the compromises current-gen consoles bring with them.

PC2 is going to be the most interesting comparison as its the only one that will be on the same ground with the weather, ToD, etc. and of course PC3 when it arrives.

klondike, 05XR8, John G and 5 others like this.