Assetto Corsa Competizione Now Available to Preorder on Console

Now that it's soon to be on console, i was looking into the content, features, updates on pc, with detailed simulation adjustments, and the detailed replication and look of the tracks.

It's a must have for me, and any dlc that i learned of too. And would push me to get a ps5 sooner even if/when it releases on it, i mean look at the tracks pictures on pc, pretty nice indeed.

Plus I'm sure sound can be better and more immersive on ps5 than on ps4, plus all other features, and number of cars in a race, running smoothly, clean.

Will be perfect. Now i dont know even more if ill be able to hold off though until a ps5 version hehe. Maybe I'd get the launch preorder bonus version and hold off on dlc until a ps5 version, even that will be hard to do lol.

Edit: id been into pc2 for a while now and after retrying ac it kinda ruined it for me again. I went back to try improve the feel with ffb and setups and cockpit view but just doesnt feel as convincing as ac.

Also i noticed how the sense of speed is so lacking in pc2, doing 250k feels like 100k.

And you don't feel like the car is just barely holding on over bumps etc, shaking and skidding bumping around, and catching back grip, just feels like slidding on/ off like on wet or ice.
But i have to say the ffb and feel of effect on the steering and suspension from going over curbs seems alot better in pc2 than ac on ps4 on a g29.
Edit2: well now not so sure even about that lol, just tried a street porsche and even the going over big curbs seems good, maybe just the ffb is lacking in how it affects the steering.
I was testing with a gt3 hard suspension car before that. Oh well idk, nothing is perfect but i like the feel on the edge of traction alot better in ac.
Got to love the replays, cars look so clean and solid even on std ps4.
It would have been better if ACC got release on the PS5 than on the PS4, because down the track the PS5 comes out strange.

It is strange to play ACC on my PS4 using my G29 and then 4 or 5 months time, I will buy a PS5 and play ACC because of backwards compatibility.

Jtheripper
So you say AC on PS4 is better than PC2?

I've always found the driving feel (Thrustmaster T150) and experience to be significantly better in AC than in PC2, and if I'm hotlapping it's no contest at all - I'll just pick AC despite the smaller track list. However on the PS4 Project Cars 2 is certainly a much more comprehensive racing package. Even after the much needed update to Assetto Corsa AI quite a while ago, you're still limited to 15 cars on track, no weather, no night racing.

I'm really looking forward to AC Competizione on PS4.

I've always found the driving feel (Thrustmaster T150) and experience to be significantly better in AC than in PC2, and if I'm hotlapping it's no contest at all - I'll just pick AC despite the smaller track list. However on the PS4 Project Cars 2 is certainly a much more comprehensive racing package. Even after the much needed update to Assetto Corsa AI quite a while ago, you're still limited to 15 cars on track, no weather, no night racing.

Broadly how I feel too. PC2 requires everything to line up to create its best experiences, there is a definite lack of consistent quality to the cars in terms of setup/physics and FFB, but when it is of a good quality its very, very good. AC is more consistent across the board even if it has less overall content, the circuits are perfectly recreated, the cars are excellent simulations and respond as they should and the FFB is easy to understand but also representative of the forces involved.

I can't wait for ACC too, from the massive preview we've had because of the PC release being so long ago now, it really looks like the real deal. I've been driving the GT3 cars in AC a lot to prepare myself for ACC both in getting familiar and for potential comparison to the new game.

Dont forget the kamikaze ai which will bump you off at any given opportunity.

Hotlapping is way more enjoyable in AC than actual racing, looks a lot better in ACC however.

Dont forget the kamikaze ai which will bump you off at any given opportunity.

Hotlapping is way more enjoyable in AC than actual racing, looks a lot better in ACC however.
I love racing AI in practice mode. So much more fun because you can race with a bunch of cars for 3 or 4 laps then they pit, then you can race with another bunch of cars until they pit. Doesnt matter if you spin out, no race ruined. Try it if you haven't already.

Last edited:
I love racing AI in practice mode. So much more fun because you can race with a bunch of cars for 3 or 4 laps than they pit, then you can race with another bunch of cars until they pit. Doesnt matter if you spin out, no race ruined. Try it if you haven't already.

Never tried that, thanks for the tip, will give it a go :)

Jtheripper
So you say AC on PS4 is better than PC2?
Depends on your expectations really, and previous games you're used to maybe, and if you use a wheel. If you don't, i feel you miss half or more of what makes it so good.

Pc2 is a complete great sim-style racing game with lots of features and content you can lose yourself into. Cool historic tracks, you can change alot of things to your preference, even any car setup etc.

And you will need to do that with pc2, mess around alot to get it how you like it most.
It's really immersive in cockpit in a race and weather and time of day changes, and the crew gives you info, and you have alot of info too on screen etc. You on the wipers in the rain, it's crazy immersive and good.

After being on pc2 for a while, which i love alot of things about, but try ignore some flaws as an authentic sim, in my view at least. And things that are most important for me:

I tried AC more yesterday with many cars and for me, if i had to choose 1 track racing sim on console, and wanted an authentic feel, it be AC definitely.
It feels much more authentic and a real sim. You can only change setups on each car according to what's real.

You feel confident in the road feel/grip and can feel when you're getting near a catastrophy hehe, but at the same time once you go over the limit too much, it's not an easy task to recover, which i find more believable than the arcade style slidding in pc2.
In pc2 you can play around pushing the skidding easily even with no aids, and feels like ice driving.
In Ac with no aids, you don't mess around like that lol, you take it seriously. It doesn't pamper you, its solid but unforgiving.

And omg the sounds, i forgot how good it can be in comparison. Last day when i tried a race with mercedes c9s, in cockpit, i said to myself yes sir.., the chassis sound bouncing around on bumps, the engine, then an ai c9 approached me and it's damn right scary lol. It's like a predator getting to you haha. I mean wow, what have i been missing, should have used my time appreciating ac more since i got it.
Same with many other cars, modern ferrari f1, porsche 917, 962, etc.. They are scary when they approach you in a race lol.

Also the c9 is a handfull lol, then i noticed the turbo boost is only at 60% on default okkk. I put to 100 and ouch, its a scary beast, and the turbo sound changes and gets louder with the boost increase setting, and sounds amazing too. Astounding in cockpit.

And the feel.., the old ferrari f1 67, the bmw m3 group a, the Mercedes c9, etc etc..
I couldn't stop wanting to rediscover each car yesterday.
Its a damn shame there's many missing great tracks on ps4, the lemans, historic tracks like in pc2,..

I hope to god kunos will make an Ac2 on ps5 with loads of great tracks and add even more cool historic race cars and modern top sport cars. I dont care how many dlcs lol, ill get them, as long as its cool impressive full of character challenging cars and tracks, and amazing sounds and feel.

And works great with all wheels, hopefully still compatible with our wheels on ps4 too.

You have to expect a low budget 1st impression of a game with Ac on ps4 if you get it now i think. No fancy visual damage, basic views, car and race info, options, barebones track side detail, no crew communications, no rain, no wiper hehe, and low tracks list.
But has many great cars, and if you're a fan of authentic feel sim, you will definitely find great primary qualities in it.
Just be prepared to be shocked how unforgiving it can be at 1st if you never tried it, even shifting can be unforgiving if you have full damage on on older cars.

Also if ever you can try it, the 1st lap or 2, or 1st 3 minutes maybe, the tires feel weird a little, like frozen cold, even if you use the tire blankets options or see the tire temp warm.
After that they settle in nicely.

For me its a jewel in the rough, but shines where it counts as a sim, except for info on cars/race etc and tracks list. Replays are great, with cool sounds too and a choice of tv cams.
The ai although not perfect, don't jerk around like having electric shocks lol, and seem more to use the cars real performance too. I put low ai numbers and have good races, even if just 8 or 10.

Im rambling on again oh oh..

Edit: each car feels more authentic and unique, in how it loses traction and recovers it, etc. I just tried the alfa romeos and they each feel believable, good, solid, satisfying, different, sound too. Just the 155 seems really high grip and stable, feels like a fwd almost, idk.
All cars have great difference in challenge too near the limit. And feel good solid fun right away.
The audi r8 V10 plus street and lms ultra race cars feel great, the race one sounds amazing in replay tv cams, i really missed having that satisfying replay, you feel you're watching hearing real cars, race cars, races..

Last edited:
I love racing AI in practice mode. So much more fun because you can race with a bunch of cars for 3 or 4 laps than they pit, then you can race with another bunch of cars until they pit. Doesnt matter if you spin out, no race ruined. Try it if you haven't already.
That's why I love AC. I have track day Championships created, just to run all types of cars that would partake in a real track day.

After all these years I have revisited an old controller setting but tweaked it and I think I have finally found the most perfect combo of controllability and decent steering animation (when set to 300°) . I've tested about 50 cars, the A86 was impossible to drive, as was the mx5 cup, now both handle perfectly.

It feels more realistic, you have to catch slides early, which means getting to know the cars again. You have to now be more careful with the throttle through bends with some of the more wild cars like the F40. Have been really enjoying driving all the cars again. Pad is now 95% perfect.

Looks worse with ps4 screen recording

Edit: settings.

I can't thank you enough for these settings, I redownloaded AC and tried my old settings but still had an oversteer issue.

Yours are perfect! So enjoyable to drive now. The controls make the cars feel so predictable, that's the thing, especially with PC2 that I've felt is lacking in pad implementation and fiddling with settings forever. I still enjoy that game too, but your settings have really made AC a great experience. I can't wait for the new one!

That's why I love AC. I have track day Championships created, just to run all types of cars that would partake in a real track day.
Generally I prefer shorter tracks for this as thers always cars leaving the pits as you come back around.
I can't thank you enough for these settings, I redownloaded AC and tried my old settings but still had an oversteer issue.

Yours are perfect! So enjoyable to drive now. The controls make the cars feel so predictable, that's the thing, especially with PC2 that I've felt is lacking in pad implementation and fiddling with settings forever. I still enjoy that game too, but your settings have really made AC a great experience. I can't wait for the new one!
wow that's great. They're not quite perfect though, there are some instances where the steering needs to be a little quicker. Oh well.

I wonder if they’ll put the GTE cars in at some point since they’re adding GT4 cars?

I doubt it since GTE isn’t SRO sanctioned while GT4 is. GT2 and TCR* are really the only other classes I can see being added unless they add historic classes**.

*The class itself isn’t SRO but does participate in SRO series’.

** There are also the TC classes from the US series, but I’m guessing those are unlikely since they are mostly built by the teams and not the manufacturer like other classes.

It’s still not available on the PS Store. Seems weird, I won’t be surprised if it gets delayed.

It’s still not available on the PS Store. Seems weird, I won’t be surprised if it gets delayed.
Could be, but since the game will include the preorder bonus from launch date for 2 weeks on on psn, it might just be available on it from launch, just makes sense.

I doubt it since GTE isn’t SRO sanctioned while GT4 is. GT2 and TCR* are really the only other classes I can see being added unless they add historic classes**.

*The class itself isn’t SRO but does participate in SRO series’.

** There are also the TC classes from the US series, but I’m guessing those are unlikely since they are mostly built by the teams and not the manufacturer like other classes.

They could release old GT3 cars as dlc like the 458 GT3, SLS AMG GT3, 430 Scuderia GT3, Mp412C GT3 and various other old GT3 cars which people would not mind playing with.

it took me 5 days to tune the VR in ACC. They require a monster pc build to be on par with iRacing/AC vr experiences.

The game engine is Unreal so if the majority of modern PC users really struggling to get good fps , imagine that on poor conversion to PS4.

30fps will be the cap

I have Assetto Corsa for the Xbox One. I do use a wheel to play it most of the time. The times I did try to use a controller it was horrible. You can tell the gane was mostly developed for a wheel. Will ACC be the same or a bit better for controller users?

I have Assetto Corsa for the Xbox One. I do use a wheel to play it most of the time. The times I did try to use a controller it was horrible. You can tell the gane was mostly developed for a wheel. Will ACC be the same or a bit better for controller users?

Better. It's a different game engine underneath (Unreal 4) so it's easier to port to console.

I wouldn't say horrible, but it is extremely sensitive. After looking around on Google for some controller settings it is better and even though it is still sensitive I'm having a blast playing AC on ps4. Horrible is what Shift 2 was back in the day...almost impossible to keep the fastest cars on track..even in a straight line. So if ACC's implementation is the same as AC I would be happy with it.

@R9NALD9
OMG SHIFT was the absolute worst. Beautiful game but the handling with a controller was god-awful. AC wasn’t that bad but it was bad to me. Maybe your controller settings may work on the Xbox.

So wat does everyone think about those yearbook videos?
True or false ACC console demo?

100% Fakes. There was one with triple screen and pro sim rig (probably stolen from other channel) and stated that this is PS4 gameplay....

Also all of his videos have strange greenish effect on them. I won't believe those videos.

I am going to see some good reviews before I buy this game now, because I have not seen one video of the game that tells you it is from the console. I think the videos we have seen so far is from the pc version, and not the PS4.

Latest Posts

Back