Assetto Corsa Console Update 1.14 Thread — Releases May 17

I had another go with a few road cars last night. Tried the different track settings, but it doesn't change the balance of the car, only the overall grip levels. For the most part, road cars just have no feeling of rotation :(

Plenty of open lobbies last night... unfortunately, most with 60 min practice sessions and 90 minute qualifying... for a 5 lap race :lol:

At this stage I'm not personally finding private lobbies to be useful. Previously, I could just jump from GT3 room to GT3 room, and have back to back races. Harder to find anything worth racing in now, and a lot harder to get multiple races in over a couple of hours.

GT5P -> GT5 was the same for me, and even now, GT5P is the best on line racing experience I've had. So easy to just jump on line and find a race with a full grid.
:(

That's a real bummer. For me, the road cars are a better experience than the race cars. Even with my crappy, ready-to-go-to-heaven DFGT I get wonderful feel of the balance of the vehicle. Load transfer is communicated very well. It's so easy to recognize slip without having to hear screeching sound...but, of course the audio feedback of slipage is an enormous help too. My only other real experience is GT6, so it's the only thing I can compare AC to...I was such an awful tuner of cars. I just didn't feel very connected to the cars. At the time I thought I was... I'm still not a great tuner/setup guy, but I have become exponentially better in AC due to the connection I feel with the car.

There are certainly cars that I agree don't drive all that great...and since many street cars have very few adjustments available to them (often only tire alignment), it's not easy to dial in that perfect rotation one may be looking for. In GT6 you have the ability to make drastic changes to every single car which did help in making the cars respond the way you might want...but in my view they also all pretty much felt the same - or I should say that all cars of a certain class felt the same as each other. I think Kunos aims to make the driver adjust to the car like someone tossed you their keys to a Corvette C7 you're not going to be able to adjust alignment, dampers, wheel rate, etc..

I use the words "you" and "your" in a general sense, of course, not pointing the finger at you or anyone else...I certainly don't mean to imply this is anything more than just my general feelings.

:(

That's a real bummer. For me, the road cars are a better experience than the race cars. Even with my crappy, ready-to-go-to-heaven DFGT I get wonderful feel of the balance of the vehicle. Load transfer is communicated very well. It's so easy to recognize slip without having to hear screeching sound...but, of course the audio feedback of slipage is an enormous help too. My only other real experience is GT6, so it's the only thing I can compare AC to...I was such an awful tuner of cars. I just didn't feel very connected to the cars. At the time I thought I was... I'm still not a great tuner/setup guy, but I have become exponentially better in AC due to the connection I feel with the car.

There are certainly cars that I agree don't drive all that great...and since many street cars have very few adjustments available to them (often only tire alignment), it's not easy to dial in that perfect rotation one may be looking for. In GT6 you have the ability to make drastic changes to every single car which did help in making the cars respond the way you might want...but in my view they also all pretty much felt the same - or I should say that all cars of a certain class felt the same as each other. I think Kunos aims to make the driver adjust to the car like someone tossed you their keys to a Corvette C7 you're not going to be able to adjust alignment, dampers, wheel rate, etc..

I use the words "you" and "your" in a general sense, of course, not pointing the finger at you or anyone else...I certainly don't mean to imply this is anything more than just my general feelings.

I can feel the balance OK, but I don't think the balance is represented realistically... if that makes sense :lol:

Example... Lotus Elise.

IRL, I've driven a few versions of the Elise over the years and they are lovely things to drive... they feel like they are rotating round the drivers seat. Yes, they will understeer if you push the front way too hard on the way in to a corner, but get your entry speed right, load the front and rear tyres equally, and you can trim your line by just easing or increasing the amount of throttle - lift a fraction and the nose tightens, a bit more gas and the car pushes, a lot more gas and the car oversteers.

In fast corners, you have to be super careful on turn in as they will snap oversteer massively if you turn in too hard off the throttle (rear unweighted).

In AC, on street tyres, the Elise just understeers... even if you give it a massive 'bung' on entry. With the nose locked, you can just step off the gas with zero risk of the back coming round, and you can jump on the gas with zero risk of oversteer. It's as if the rotation point is positioned directly over the rear wheels, making it impossible to load the front tyres properly.

This is true for all the Elise/Exige versions I've tried so far.

They should feel more like the Porsche 718... which is just sublime.

Random guess but have you tried deleting your save file? That's probably not an option for players with significant career progress, but deleting the save file does fix problems such as frozen AI drivers. No guarantees but consider trying.

I'm also using the DS4 and I'm not sure I dare to update my game after reading your feedback.
No problem after downloading the new update for me, and I'm on PS4 vanilla. It works, and I can steer all the cars without any problems;)

I can feel the balance OK, but I don't think the balance is represented realistically... if that makes sense :lol:

Example... Lotus Elise.

IRL, I've driven a few versions of the Elise over the years and they are lovely things to drive... they feel like they are rotating round the drivers seat. Yes, they will understeer if you push the front way too hard on the way in to a corner, but get your entry speed right, load the front and rear tyres equally, and you can trim your line by just easing or increasing the amount of throttle - lift a fraction and the nose tightens, a bit more gas and the car pushes, a lot more gas and the car oversteers.

In fast corners, you have to be super careful on turn in as they will snap oversteer massively if you turn in too hard off the throttle (rear unweighted).

In AC, on street tyres, the Elise just understeers... even if you give it a massive 'bung' on entry. With the nose locked, you can just step off the gas with zero risk of the back coming round, and you can jump on the gas with zero risk of oversteer. It's as if the rotation point is positioned directly over the rear wheels, making it impossible to load the front tyres properly.

LOL.....,
And I was just wondering why my 718 s wasn't behaving like a miata nd with more power. Good to have a alien to explain. thanks

I had another go with a few road cars last night. Tried the different track settings, but it doesn't change the balance of the car, only the overall grip levels. For the most part, road cars just have no feeling of rotation.

THIS + 1,000,000!

This is exactly what I've been experiencing, & have been saying ever since I first tried AC. The physics are just not right in this area. Although I have never driven an Elise in real life, they are very oversteery & rotate easily, but not in AC. In GT5 Prolgue I used to steer the car through the esses on Suzuka mainly using the throttle, & the car behaved similarly as it would in the real world. Sure, at low speeds you can get some mild oversteer in AC, but the car doesn't rotate. And a at higher speeds slamming on the throttle doesn't get you the snap oversteer. But the same flaw in AC where cars just let go on the rear end at very high speeds, without warning, & with counter steer having no effect is there on the Elises. This is the most unrealistic & disappointing thing for me in AC's physics.

VBR
THIS + 1,000,000!

This is exactly what I've been experiencing, & have been saying ever since I first tried AC. The physics are just not right in this area. Although I have never driven an Elise in real life, they are very oversteery & rotate easily, but not in AC. In GT5 Prolgue I used to steer the car through the esses on Suzuka mainly using the throttle, & the car behaved similarly as it would in the real world. Sure, at low speeds you can get some mild oversteer in AC, but the car doesn't rotate. And a at higher speeds slamming on the throttle doesn't get you the snap oversteer. But the same flaw in AC where cars just let go on the rear end at very high speeds, without warning, & with counter steer having no effect is there on the Elises. This is the most unrealistic & disappointing thing for me in AC's physics.

Glad it's not only me that thinks this :)

The more powerful versions will oversteer, but this is traction related, not weight/balance.

The old Porsche 718 is one of the few MR cars in the game that really rotates off the gas in the way I would expect it to.

Have you guys tried using street tires and not the semislicks?

Also set the track level to 'Green' rather than 'Fast' or 'Optimum' for a more realistic 'base' surface grip level(according to Kunos). Fast and Optimum are apparently meant to simulate a highly rubbered in surface.

Have you guys tried using street tires and not the semislicks?

Also set the track level to 'Green' rather than 'Fast' or 'Optimum' for a more realistic 'base' surface grip level(according to Kunos). Fast and Optimum are apparently meant to simulate a highly rubbered in surface.

I was on street tyres, and I've tried 'dusty', and 'green' track options as well as optimal. My issue isn't overall grip. My issue is the balance of grip front to rear, and the way weight transfer is modeled (or rather, doesn't seem to be even present in the physics model).

Suddenly, AC's online rooms turned into those sad, tedious and nearly pathetic rooms in GT6 with ridiculous titles like "chill", "cruising 120km/h", "drive around" and 🤬 like that!
Whatta:censored:???
This people buy a freaking top racing simulator to cruise around???
I know, I know... you can't judge, you have to respect, bla bla bla but seriously??? Even drift shouldn't be there, never mind "cruising around"!!!
What a joke!

Cruising around is one of my favorite things to do in AC. Track day servers at the Nords with street cars, just cruising around with friends while having banter on Teamspeak and downing a few beers is a fantastic way to spend a Friday evening IMO. I'm sorry my way of playing doesn't suit your standards and causes you to burst into profanities (not sorry).

I had another go with a few road cars last night. Tried the different track settings, but it doesn't change the balance of the car, only the overall grip levels. For the most part, road cars just have no feeling of rotation :(

I felt the same way about street cars until I started getting my tire pressures dialed in.

and the way weight transfer is modeled (or rather, doesn't seem to be even present in the physics model).

If you're not feeling weight transfer then something's wrong because it's very prevalent on the PC version. Like, there's no missing it, especially in older cars.

I was on street tyres, and I've tried 'dusty', and 'green' track options as well as optimal. My issue isn't overall grip. My issue is the balance of grip front to rear, and the way weight transfer is modeled (or rather, doesn't seem to be even present in the physics model).
I figured, but sometimes the ability to get a car to rotate can be difficult if you've got grip to spare.

Can anyone explain what qualify limit stands for? Standard is 120%, but you can drop it down to 10%. Can't figure how 10% would work if it's like F1's 107% qualify rule.

Cruising around is one of my favorite things to do in AC. Track day servers at the Nords with street cars, just cruising around with friends while having banter on Teamspeak and downing a few beers is a fantastic way to spend a Friday evening IMO. I'm sorry my way of playing doesn't suit your standards and causes you to burst into profanities (not sorry).

I felt the same way about street cars until I started getting my tire pressures dialed in.

If you're not feeling weight transfer then something's wrong because it's very prevalent on the PC version. Like, there's no missing it, especially in older cars.
Lol not only do i like cruising too, but last night i created a room and called it "Chill" haha. I named it that so no one who wanted a serious race would waste their time joining my room as i was just seeing if i could actually create a room.

I figured, but sometimes the ability to get a car to rotate can be difficult if you've got grip to spare.

The overall level of grip shouldn't matter... assuming you can find the absolute grip limit.

Take a mid engined car and find a long, constant radius corner. Enter the corner, hold a constant steering angle and increase speed until you get to the point the car just starts to understeer... then lift off the throttle.

When you come off the throttle, weight should transfer to the front of the car and away from the rear. The front should tighten it's line, and in more extreme cases, the rear of the car would start to slide in to oversteer.

The Elise is pretty well known for this IRL. So far, I have not been able to make one do this in AC.

I promise I will join you in one of this cruising series to find it's joy :cheers:

Ah, but it wouldn't be a super serious sim racer if there weren't people attempting to dictate how others play.
I'm not dictating nothing to no one dude! Just an opinion. Take it or leave it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Having a profanity laden tirade about how nobody should be creating lobbies with names you don't like or with racing styles you don't like certainly sounds like dictating how people should play the game.

Having a profanity laden tirade about how nobody should be creating lobbies with names you don't like or with racing styles you don't like certainly sounds like dictating how people should play the game.
I disagree. Dictating is telling or strongly suggesting how to do it. A mere opinion is what it is, just an opinion.

Interesting discussion about how cars rotate and weight transfers in AC. I won't offer a very qualified opinion since my DS4 controller doesn't provide a fraction of the nuance you get through a good steering wheel. That said, sometimes the visual feedback gives me the impression that weight doesn't shift the way I'd expect it to. For example, the car sometimes appear to recover too easily at times where it really should be struggling a bit more with the forces of its own weight. I hope it makes sense.

Suddenly, AC's online rooms turned into those sad, tedious and nearly pathetic rooms in GT6 with ridiculous titles like "chill", "cruising 120km/h", "drive around" and 🤬 like that!
Whatta:censored:???
This people buy a freaking top racing simulator to cruise around???
I know, I know... you can't judge, you have to respect, bla bla bla but seriously??? Even drift shouldn't be there, never mind "cruising around"!!!
What a joke!

Believe it or not, personal preferences are one of the major reasons why custom lobbies exist.

Last edited:
Love the new update, stole me away from GT Sport. But agreed, nobody to race with. Lame lobbies. Looking for a league on PS4 to fill the void.

What is so hard? Made one after the other last night,with no problems.
It worked for me too this morning when no one was playing the game. Now I only get the message: Could not create lobby, please try again later. The server capacity from Kunos seems to be very small. I don't think there are a lot of people still playing the game, but still on peak times it's not working.

I agree with the double negative. Luckily, you are not the arbiter of what does and doesn't belong in a game.

Also, don't double post.

Example... Lotus Elise.

What tyres was the Elise's you have driven running on?

Example... Lotus Elise.

Hmmm. I'm not shocked that you mention the Lotus's. They've often been the subject of debate over on the official forums. I've read various complaints about various models. For some reason, I swore I recently saw a post where people were claiming the car got much better with one of the more recent updates. If that's true, I'm surprised because the code you're driving on now is the same exact code (supposedly) that we PC users were driving on 3 days ago.

Is this your experience with all street cars on street tires? Or have you noticed this more with cars of a certain layout? Cars with a certain mass (lighter vs heavier)?

I'm going to take out some of the Lotus's as soon as I can to see what I experience. It's so strange...I've read posts everywhere, from Reddit to GTPanet to the official forums and places in between. As expected, I've read opinions all over the map about every single car. I'm not saying any of this applies to what you're saying, so please don't interpret this as me trying to disprove your experiences. I know that you know what you're doing...certainly much better than I do. Anyway, I'll often see a post here or there where someone says something like, "what's up with Car X? Even with TC turned off, the car refuses to spin!"

Now, since I'm not a very good driver, I spin out a lot! :lol: I spin out in front-engine cars, mid-engine cars and rear-engine cars. I spin heavy, I spin light cars. You get the picture. So, I fire up AC and take the car they're talking about out for a drive and not just on cold tires...even warmed tires, I can spin out so easily. :boggled: And I'm not talking about doing anything stupid like yanking the wheel from one side back to the other to throw the car's weight around. I'm talking about just plain old giving a bit too much gas on corner exit. Heck, 90% of my driving is with the nannies set to "Factory". So, that means Traction Control if the car has it. Cars with adjustable TC I usually try to bump the number higher to lessen the amount of TC interference.

There isn't a car in AC that I can't crash...repeatedly. :lol: I know this isn't about crashing. I know proper rotation isn't about spinning either. Just having some fun. Did I already ask? Are there any cars that feel okay to you? Or are they all unrealistic?

EDIT:
@Munir -- Stotty has stated previously that this issue is experienced by semislicks AND street tires alike. He is a highly skilled driver. There is no question about it...the man knows what he's doing and what the car isn't doing. Stotty is a top tier driver.

Last edited:
Back