Assetto Corsa Console Update 1.14 Thread — Releases May 17

I think this update has made me realise some things about AC.

After I’d downloaded the update last evening, I took the 991R to Highlands long. Lovely car, OK track. All of my recent game time has been spent in GT3 cars, either running the endless career races, or racing on line. The R/highlands combo made me realise how much more I enjoy road cars for just lapping on my own… I could really feel the weight of the car moving around.

Inspired me to try a few more road cars (lotus Elise/Exige/BMW M1/M4) on street tyres… and being honest, I didn’t get much enjoyment out of them. They all felt a bit flat, a bit dull, a bit understeery (the Elise in particular). What I mean by this is I couldn’t really adjust the cars balance… either I got entry/mid corner understeer I couldn’t adjust by lifting, or I got power oversteer. No real weight shift related handling changes.

I guess this will be controversial/against the common view point, but IMO, whilst GT might have been less ‘sim’, it is more enjoyable to play for normal road cars. Don’t know what GTS is like as I don’t have it, but in GT6 most road cars had that feeling of being on ‘tip toes’ once you got them to the limit… you could play with the balance of the car with the brakes/throttle all the way from entry to apex.

For sure, I prefer AC as a racing game (the race cars feel lovely to drive), but not sure it has longevity for me as a ‘I have a free hour, I’ll just go drive something’ game.

One point on the update… the 991RSR… that thing is a limpet. Once I figure out how to fix the horrendous brake release oversteer, I think this thing is going to be hilariously fast.
That's a shame...I completely respect that opinion. You aren't the first person to not really enjoy the road cars and I'm sure you won't be the last. I'm not the biggest fan of the BMW 1M. If I'm remembering correctly, the rear likes to come around on me too much and that's not good for a drive like me. I wish I liked the M4 more than I currently do. Based on my limited experience driving an M4 in real life, I have to say that power delivery in completely 100% spot on. It's a quite torquey car, considering its size of it. Personally, I like driving the E92 M3 the most. Well, the E92 and the E30. I just meant between two fairly modern cars, I like the E92 M3 over the M4. The next time I know I'll be driving the M4 in real life, I'm going to have to take some sim time before going on the road with the real car and really pay attention to the car so I can give a more fair critique.

I've only played GT6 two times since I made the switch to AC. I don't have a working PS4, so these sessions were at a friend's house. In my experience, the cars felt much less communicative. You could definitely throw 'em around and have a good time tho, if that's what you're looking for. I haven't been able to convince those two real world friends to make a permanent transition to AC yet. For me, the road cars have only gotten better with the move of all cars to v10 tires. Since I didn't have a ton of time, I would slap on a familiar car setup from my GT6 days and hit the road. Favorites of mine, like the F40, Yellowbird, Diablo...they just felt like cow poop to me. :grumpy:

I'm glad you're liking the Porsche's though! 👍 How about the RUF RT 12's? Those things are handfuls. You need to get on the brakes so early. The Countach is another one that I really liked.

In real life, many normal cars including sport cars exhibit most of the things you said. I would add that factory settings is even more understeering. That is why people usually add after market sway bar, coil-overs and better tires to improve it.

I know that in the IMSA Weather tech is a GTLM but i was hoping for a GT3 homologation. Oh well...

GTLM is the U.S. version of GTE, pretty much run to the same specs and the GTLMs race in the GTE class at Le Mans. There's already a homologated GT3 911, the 911 GT3 R.

The 2017 Porsche 911 RSR Is definitely a blast. A totally different car from it's previous versions.
Is that a GT3 or a GT2? Because it doesn't show up in the car options for the GT3 field.

PS. RIP CHRIS CORNELL. ONE OF THE LAST GREAT, GREAT MUSICIANS.
I agree that the new RSR is a blast, though I can't help but feel a little sad for the obvious loss of Porsche rear-engineyness. It's much easier to push to the edge and just as much easier to save if you slip over.

I am also very sad about Cornell as well.

Anyone else having problems with creating lobbies. I tried it with a few friends. And we all got the message: Cant create lobby, please try again later.

Anyone else having problems with creating lobbies. I tried it with a few friends. And we all got the message: Cant create lobby, please try again later.
Got that yesterday afternoon, but last evening everything was working perfectly. They might be working on the servers.

Yes, I've mentioned it a few times. I've successfully created a room just twice since yesterday. Pissing me off tbh, I'd be less pissed if knew what was going on.

Thanks got it :D Gonna do a championship of one P1 vs 15 Abarths 500 :gtpflag:
Woooow thats abusive :D
Poor little Abarths.... :D

Hopefuly we don't have to wait a lot until the new dlc lands....Would be great to do a mulitclass championship with the P1 GTR Vs. ferrari FXXK and the normal P1 Vs. Ferrari la Ferrari. :cheers:

More interesting even if the B.O.P system comes to console version also in next update.

Woooow thats abusive :D
Poor little Abarths.... :D

Hopefuly we don't have to wait a lot until the new dlc lands....Would be great to do a mulitclass championship with the P1 GTR Vs. ferrari FXXK and the normal P1 Vs. Ferrari la Ferrari. :cheers:

More interesting even if the B.O.P system comes to console version also in next update.

insert Drool GIF :D That would be awesome

Thinking the race is over even before it starts :D
Assetto Corsa.png

Speaking of racing against slower cars, earlier today I had some fun overtaking just about anything in the Porsche 919. I totally love the fact we can now customize the grid. Not only does it allow for so many interesting combinations, but it's also a good way to overcome everything Kunos got wrong with the seriously flawed 'same class' filter.

It's a shame we can't recreate the online lobbies of a last gen game too! Talk about customization:rolleyes:
Exactly my thoughts when I was reading Custom Lobbies Pros and Cons thread. Hate to sound like a broken record but I assume "we're a small dev team and this is our first attempt at gaming" as the reason online lobby is not as customizable as other racing games. Rather this reason than Kunos lacking ideas... because one could buy a copy of GT6 and look at their multiplayer.

Exactly my thoughts when I was reading Custom Lobbies Pros and Cons thread. Hate to sound like a broken record but I assume "we're a small dev team and this is our first attempt at gaming" as the reason online lobby is not as customizable as other racing games. Rather this reason than Kunos lacking ideas... because one could buy a copy of GT6 and look at their multiplayer.
PDI really got the lobby set up spot on. Amazing really considering how bad everything else was in GT5.

Apparently today's PC update brought it some WEC liveries too, presume those will trickle down to you guys soon®.
Hmm Do you know which car(s)?

Talk about customization! Now we can recreate Gran Turismo races! :sly:
That's because at midnight (Sunday morning) everybody's copy of AC turns into GT6 (without the money glitch!!! :eek:) :P
Setting up a room was very nice in GT6. Thank God...because it got to the point where I wouldn't even look at the online section of GT6 unless I was meeting friends for a planned event. I can't remember how many times I'd get onto the track and start driving, Nordschleife for example, and in 15 seconds I'm rammed into head-on with a Red Bull car driving the wrong way. :rolleyes: But, for creating your own room...Awesome controls. You could set ANY PP range, right? You could get really specific, if you wanted to, but still allow freedom for players - not a one-make race.

Suddenly, AC's online rooms turned into those sad, tedious and nearly pathetic rooms in GT6 with ridiculous titles like "chill", "cruising 120km/h", "drive around" and 🤬 like that!
Whatta:censored:???
This people buy a freaking top racing simulator to cruise around???
I know, I know... you can't judge, you have to respect, bla bla bla but seriously??? Even drift shouldn't be there, never mind "cruising around"!!!
What a joke!

Suddenly, AC's online rooms turned into those sad, tedious and nearly pathetic rooms in GT6 with ridiculous titles like "chill", "cruising 120km/h", "drive around" and 🤬 like that!
I know, I know... you can't judge, you have to respect, bla bla bla but seriously??? Even drift shouldn't be there, never mind "cruising around"!!!
What a joke!
Yes it's a joke !

What a joke!
Oh yeah? Well @SlimCharles took his time to write a lengthy, but very detailed and mature post on the official forums describing exactly what you just said and "possible" fixes.

I'm astonished at the responses he's received. First of all, every PC player should F right off because they have no idea what console players are experiencing. But then!! Then console users are responding to his excellent post with stuff like "durr if you want the old lobbies back go get an xbox lololololollllloolol11!!!1" or "get some friends! Stop crying."

These people seriously must have IQ's in the single digits.

What a joke!
Seriously:rolleyes: It's their game to do whatever they want with.
Here's a thought, make your own room, call it whatever you want and race:idea:

Seriously:rolleyes: It's their game to do whatever they want with.
Here's a thought, make your own room, call it whatever you want and race:idea:
Did he say he wasn't? Expressing frustration doesn't mean he suddenly became unable to hit the buttons to create a lobby.

Talk about customization! Now we can recreate Gran Turismo races! :sly:
I prefer to make races "single maker" o from same category... But hey..i also respect those players that enjoy their games like they want. :sly:

Now people can recreate Gran Turismo races with better physics, sounds, damage, track accuracy, FFB.....isn't that a wonderful world :sly:

Did he say he wasn't? Expressing frustration doesn't mean he suddenly became unable to hit the buttons to create a lobby.
And did I say he wasn't? It was merely a suggestion to save himself from the frustration of reading ridiculous titles like "chill", "cruising 120km/h", "drive around" and 🤬 like that! I mean, heaven forbid someone wanting to name their lobby to describe what they're doing in that lobby, and then having the gall to want to do something other than race in a freaking top racing simulator :rolleyes:

FYI There was only 21 lobbies going when I looked just now (different time zone admittedly)

I had another go with a few road cars last night. Tried the different track settings, but it doesn't change the balance of the car, only the overall grip levels. For the most part, road cars just have no feeling of rotation :(

Plenty of open lobbies last night... unfortunately, most with 60 min practice sessions and 90 minute qualifying... for a 5 lap race :lol:

At this stage I'm not personally finding private lobbies to be useful. Previously, I could just jump from GT3 room to GT3 room, and have back to back races. Harder to find anything worth racing in now, and a lot harder to get multiple races in over a couple of hours.

GT5P -> GT5 was the same for me, and even now, GT5P is the best on line racing experience I've had. So easy to just jump on line and find a race with a full grid.

Back