Assetto Corsa Console Update 1.14 Thread — Releases May 17

Really pleasantly surprised to see patch 1.14 downloaded today. I just assumed it would include a few minor bug fixes and upgrades but low and behold 6 new cars, a track and custom championships! So excited about the latter. I always loved setting up custom championships in PGR and racing multiclass.
Want to pit the LaFerrari against the likes of Bmw and Porsche's finest and see who comes out on top :D:cheers::gtpflag:

I'd like to hear some more about these custom lobbies. Are they great? Are they m'eh? Are they missing something?

Good first, bad second...

The custom championship feature finally lets us customize which cars the AI drivers use. I think this opens a whole new world of fun and possibilities. I do, however, not understand why players need to set up a championship in order to take advantage of these settings. The old race weekend feature still uses the old setup where it's only possible to choose between single make and same class. My point is, setting up a championship consisting of at least two race weekends is a bit much for those who just want to enjoy a brief practice session with customizable AI drivers. That said, something is better than nothing in this case, so I'm not complaining.

I also noticed an undocumented change that I'm sure most of you guys have noticed too. Practice and qualifying sessions now use the marker highlighting the active pit area. This allows for repairs, fuel and tire change on the fly. Previously on consoles, this was only found during race sessions. The tire change animation doesn't work though, which is strange because it was fine before the update.

Now onto the annoyances. I haven't spent much time in the custom lobbies but I did come across at least two problems. First, when creating a lobby, the auto clutch and stability control settings have been switched around. So setting auto clutch to on and stability control to off results in the opposite when the lobby has been created. Second, the available liveries defined by the host aren't always the ones being used on track. For example, in one lobby I chose a blue BMW M4 but was given a white M livery once the session started. Of course, Rome wasn't built in a day. Hot fixes must be coming sooner rather than later.

Overall a great update in terms of improvements and additions. As a final remark, not many old issues have been fixed. For example, the telemetric feedback in the setup tab is still messed up. Maybe it simulates what it's like to have a drunk engineer?

I'd like to hear some more about these custom lobbies. Are they great? Are they m'eh? Are they missing something?
They are good 👍

For me missing some settings.

- Fixed setup (that don't alow you to touch the setup).
-False starts inclusion.

Would also be great that people who entered the lobby can choose free the car livery he wants between those that stay available.

Servers aren't stable yet, but sure it's only matter of time that kunos finished to update servers and stabilise the network.

As I mentioned above, there are bugs and issues. Not a huge surprise on launch day.

I have a gripe in the fact that the Nordschleife Tourist version cannot be chosen because custom lobbies only allow race weekends. The old Kunos-created trackday lobbies only consist of a practice session, resulting in qualifying and race sessions being defined as n/a. The custom lobbies lack this, and thereby the tourist layout many players enjoy.

Another thing, the assists are defined by the host as on, off and factory. You get the idea... This is not necessarily a problem, but I think the custom lobbies forget that some hosts may want players to make these decisions for themselves. There should also be an 'allow' or 'do not allow' setting for assists like auto clutch. It would add more flexibility in rooms where players use a variety of different controllers.

I can't really comment on the extent to which the new lobbies meet most of the basic requirements, but I did come across password prompts and so on. Important step forward for a more serious online experience.

Last edited:
Almost finished downloading the update...
Is anybody playing right now? I don't have any friend who plays AC and I wanted to test the custom lobbies with someone. :D

Yea, that's really good. I like turning the visual wheel off sometimes but in some cars the camera used for that can be too close for me.

Dash cam inspired by Driveclub.:bowdown:

DAFmJ_XUMAAyn9j.jpg:large

Thanks for giving me the lowdown on this update guys, especially @Nielsen. Please, feel free to share more information. I like to try and keep a handle on what's the same and what's different between PC & console so I know what I'm talking about when discussing one or the other, so I appreciate all these reviews and such. 👍

Boy, I don't think I've heard a single complaint about the Highlands layouts yet. That's a far cry from when it was released on PC. So many people were mumbling and grumbling and criticizing it. How dare they give another free track!! Seriously... There were people saying that they wanted it off their computer (not because of space issues of anything). A free track. :rolleyes: I mean, we have a buttload of street legal cars in AC...Yes, they run fine on race circuits, but some country roads are great fun for those cars too.

I see that there are some new little bugs and some things still need to be ironed out. I'm sure Kunos will listen to the feedback. At least the functionality is there right now. Fine tuning isn't possible without the foundation being laid first, so at least we're all moving in the right direction. 👍

Let me ask you guys a question. Lobbies aren't strictly 100% racing are they? Can you setup a "Nordschleife Track Day" lobby, for example? If so, I do agree that it's pretty strange you can't use the Tourist version as that is 100% realistic to a public driving day and the full layout is not. Plus, it helps preventing idiots from just being dicks flying back and forth on the long straight. :lol:

I know the sim is still far from perfect, but I really breathed a sigh of relief for all of you when I was hearing preliminary reports on the update and they were all 95% positive with only a complaint here or there, or a suggestion here or there. As I said, I'm sure Kunos will listen and fix the issues that are possible to fix. I could be wrong, but now that all of these major issues have finally been implemented, now the team can focus on those bug fixes and things like customizable controller layouts.

It really makes me happy to see many of you much more pleased with Assetto Corsa now than you were 2 weeks ago. That's great. 👍

They are great. Full control, a lot os possibilities. But that is also very, very bad. The online section now is full caos. I made a thread explaining it

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-useless-after-1-14-possible-solutions.45292/
Those 🤬 elitist PC players... :mad: You wrote a very detailed, constructive post outlining issues you perceive as being in a state of disarray right now and offered suggestions on how to improve the experience for console players. And then these Johnny Big Balls PC players are the first to respond telling you to look at the positive, or act like YOU are doing something wrong? Ugh...I wish there was a "Punch in the Face" button on the internet that you could use once every six months.

I fully support your post on the official forums, @SlimCharles - Would I expect the dev team to be printing copies of your post so they can implement every suggestion you made? Of course not...but I also don't think that you suggested anything outlandish. I promise you...if those PC players had to deal with the issues you brought up, they would be the first whining and crying on the PC forums screaming and begging for changes to be made.

Thanks for giving me the lowdown on this update guys, especially @Nielsen. Please, feel free to share more information. I like to try and keep a handle on what's the same and what's different between PC & console so I know what I'm talking about when discussing one or the other, so I appreciate all these reviews and such. 👍

Boy, I don't think I've heard a single complaint about the Highlands layouts yet. That's a far cry from when it was released on PC. So many people were mumbling and grumbling and criticizing it. How dare they give another free track!! Seriously... There were people saying that they wanted it off their computer (not because of space issues of anything). A free track. :rolleyes: I mean, we have a buttload of street legal cars in AC...Yes, they run fine on race circuits, but some country roads are great fun for those cars too.

I see that there are some new little bugs and some things still need to be ironed out. I'm sure Kunos will listen to the feedback. At least the functionality is there right now. Fine tuning isn't possible without the foundation being laid first, so at least we're all moving in the right direction. 👍

Let me ask you guys a question. Lobbies aren't strictly 100% racing are they? Can you setup a "Nordschleife Track Day" lobby, for example? If so, I do agree that it's pretty strange you can't use the Tourist version as that is 100% realistic to a public driving day and the full layout is not. Plus, it helps preventing idiots from just being dicks flying back and forth on the long straight. :lol:

I know the sim is still far from perfect, but I really breathed a sigh of relief for all of you when I was hearing preliminary reports on the update and they were all 95% positive with only a complaint here or there, or a suggestion here or there. As I said, I'm sure Kunos will listen and fix the issues that are possible to fix. I could be wrong, but now that all of these major issues have finally been implemented, now the team can focus on those bug fixes and things like customizable controller layouts.

It really makes me happy to see many of you much more pleased with Assetto Corsa now than you were 2 weeks ago. That's great. 👍

Hi mate!

The physics guru Aris is aware of the problem with the nordschleife tourist layout.
Normally it should be possible to select that layout as trackday with free practice.

So Aris said that they are investigating the issue and will fix it ASAP

I've also seen that the "timed races" aren't implemented yet on console version.

Let's see if it comes in the next update.

At least now there's a good basis to start improving and optimise the console version.

[Copy/pasted from a post I made elsewhere]

I didn't get a chance to examine the new features in detail but did manage a few laps on the Highlands Long track yesterday evening. And I was quite disappointed really. It's just so flippin' bland. There's no real excuse for this with a scratch-built fantasy track, but Kunos seem to have applied very little imagination when designing this one. It felt like a mediocre community mod from a first-time modder, like one of the many I downloaded when I used to play AC on my laptop.

I don't really have a problem with the overall layout because I tend to like wide, fast, free-flowing tracks, but this one felt a little like Black Cat County with green fields instead of desert wasteland, which rather left me wondering what the point of it all was. After their bold boasts about creating the 'perfect track' I was expecting an awful lot more, but instead was met with a long list of missed opportunities.

The Scottish setting presented a blank canvas for huge elevation changes along winding mountain roads, tunnels cut through hills, viaducts, bridges, wind farms, hydroelectric dams, deep forests, historical ruins, tiny villages.... Instead we get a town at the start/finish line and a small ruined tower surrounded by miles and miles of hardly anything at all apart from a loch and a smattering of grotesque promotional banners and advertising billboards. Any anyone complaining about the badly-rendered distant mountains in GT Sport need to look at the ones here and thank their lucky stars.

I dunno. It all felt a bit rushed and half-assed to me. I know first hand that there are better designed, more interesting, more rewarding community tracks than this one available in the PC version - why not save time, money and effort by porting some of those over to consoles instead?

I realise this might sound disingenuous about a free track, but can't help feeling it could have been much, much more with just a little more thought.

I agree about Highlands being quite bland...thr scottish track on Pcars has far more character and interesting sections....AC does shine in the track surface detail and undulations though.

Those 🤬 elitist PC players... :mad: You wrote a very detailed, constructive post outlining issues you perceive as being in a state of disarray right now and offered suggestions on how to improve the experience for console players. And then these Johnny Big Balls PC players are the first to respond telling you to look at the positive, or act like YOU are doing something wrong? Ugh...I wish there was a "Punch in the Face" button on the internet that you could use once every six months.

I fully support your post on the official forums, @SlimCharles - Would I expect the dev team to be printing copies of your post so they can implement every suggestion you made? Of course not...but I also don't think that you suggested anything outlandish. I promise you...if those PC players had to deal with the issues you brought up, they would be the first whining and crying on the PC forums screaming and begging for changes to be made.

Yep, they havent even read the post.

What I said could fix the problem and satisfy everyone very easily, but there is very little chance that it will be heard. Pitty

I agree about Highlands being quite bland...thr scottish track on Pcars has far more character and interesting sections....AC does shine in the track surface detail and undulations though.

Well.... At least on assetto it's free.

It has also 4 layouts quite different one towards the other..

I really liked it.its nice to have an open road track.

Pcars Scottish track is also really nice.

And personally found the Scottish tracks from pcars and assetto better than the "Sierra" track from GT6.

Sometimes i dont understand the people... They recieve a free track with 4 layouts and complain..
If they got to pay for it...they complain..
And if the dev don't add tracks.. The users complain because there aren't enough...

Just líke pcars 2....it will feature more than 50 tracks and people already complain because "x" track isn't in the list....

Come on guys.... Try to look to the positive side of life and enjoy playing... More What is giving you free

Well.... At least on assetto it's free.

It has also 4 layouts quite different one towards the other..

I really liked it.its nice to have an open road track.

Pcars Scottish track is also really nice.

And personally found the Scottish tracks from pcars and assetto better than the "Sierra" track from GT6.

Sometimes i dont understand the people... They recieve a free track with 4 layouts and complain..
If they got to pay for it...they complain..
And if the dev don't add tracks.. The users complain because there aren't enough...

Just líke pcars 2....it will feature more than 50 tracks and people already complain because "x" track isn't in the list....

Come on guys.... Try to look to the positive side of life and enjoy playing... More What is giving you free

We have reason to complain,seeing how slack Kunos has been towards the console version. Imo SMS put far more care,love and attention into the Pcars series.

I think this update has made me realise some things about AC.

After I’d downloaded the update last evening, I took the 991R to Highlands long. Lovely car, OK track. All of my recent game time has been spent in GT3 cars, either running the endless career races, or racing on line. The R/highlands combo made me realise how much more I enjoy road cars for just lapping on my own… I could really feel the weight of the car moving around.

Inspired me to try a few more road cars (lotus Elise/Exige/BMW M1/M4) on street tyres… and being honest, I didn’t get much enjoyment out of them. They all felt a bit flat, a bit dull, a bit understeery (the Elise in particular). What I mean by this is I couldn’t really adjust the cars balance… either I got entry/mid corner understeer I couldn’t adjust by lifting, or I got power oversteer. No real weight shift related handling changes.

I guess this will be controversial/against the common view point, but IMO, whilst GT might have been less ‘sim’, it is more enjoyable to play for normal road cars. Don’t know what GTS is like as I don’t have it, but in GT6 most road cars had that feeling of being on ‘tip toes’ once you got them to the limit… you could play with the balance of the car with the brakes/throttle all the way from entry to apex.

For sure, I prefer AC as a racing game (the race cars feel lovely to drive), but not sure it has longevity for me as a ‘I have a free hour, I’ll just go drive something’ game.

One point on the update… the 991RSR… that thing is a limpet. Once I figure out how to fix the horrendous brake release oversteer, I think this thing is going to be hilariously fast.

Back