Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Screenshot_2017-08-24-20-18-53.jpg

Physics wise the upcoming racing trio are the ones playing catch-up.

As far as being a game goes, that I would agree with, but it doesn't strike me as AC's target.
Of course nobody can make as good physics as Kunos Simulazioni.
I meant we'll maybe see rain, a gift car, a few new tracks, or somthing similiar.

Last edited:
Of course nobody can make as good physics as Kunos Simulazioni.
I meant we'll maybe see rain a gift car, a few new tracks, or somthing similiar.

The current engine doesn't support day/night cycles and big wheather changes from what I've read before. I could be wrong though.
We could see Laguna Seca but I don't know how far as come in terms of devolopment because it was really behind schedule

Stefano never mentioned any technical limitation for a weather system but It's still not going to happen in AC1:
"Rain is far from impossible, everything is possible given the right amount of time thus money. It never was part of the intended feature set for Assetto Corsa 1.0 and that's pretty much the reason why it's not in there. To add it now it would be a huge amount of work that is not justified for a game that has been on the market for so long."

Throwing the Giulia QV into the equation, I wonder if these will come for free, or if there's another car pack in the pipeline?

Throwing the Giulia QV into the equation, I wonder if these will come for free, or if there's another car pack in the pipeline?

Doesn't seem like something that would come with Laguna Seca so probably another DLC pack.

Alfa 33, aye? With a Ferrari pack slowly making its way to the front as well? Italian cars are cool and all, but if you put enough red cars in one place and stand back, they all sort of look like more of the same.

Alfa 33, aye? With a Ferrari pack slowly making its way to the front as well? Italian cars are cool and all, but if you put enough red cars in one place and stand back, they all sort of look like more of the same.

Looks different enough and red cars certainly don't drive similarly, as AC proves with the Ferrari F138 and SF15-T. Not even the current variety of Porsche 991 versions do.

Last edited:
Looks different enough and red cars certainly don't drive similarly, as AC proves with the Ferrari F138 and SF15-T. Not even the current variety of Porsche 991 versions do.

I was more getting at the fact that we have plenty of Italian cars already. It would be nice to see some cars from places other than Italy, Germany, and the UK, as they make up about 80% of the car list. Though I guess Italy isn't the worst offender of the three, so I guess I shouldn't buy into too much salt.

I was more getting at the fact that we have plenty of Italian cars already. It would be nice to see some cars from places other than Italy, Germany, and the UK, as they make up about 80% of the car list. Though I guess Italy isn't the worst offender of the three, so I guess I shouldn't buy into too much salt.

I understood your point, hence the explanation why I don't think superficial variety is a worry in AC.

Wonderful news. So now we have three Alfa Romeos in the pipeline: 33/2!
I don't think that's the case you know, hope I'm wrong.

Do you guys remember when devs/publishers used to use PC images on the back of console game packages...
You can't quite see it, but just after the statement in the image above from Marco, it says...

[Image shown is only for PC... Expect at least a 3month wait for console with an additional 2 month delay for resubmission if you own a Xbox]

:P;)
I think this will come down to whether the update brings game features. Porsche pack 3 came with no updates to the game and was probably the shortest wait from PC to console.
It's a game from an Italian studio. So one would expect more Italian cars, yet there are more Porsches and Lotus than any Italian brand.

Edit:

Thought i should mention this interesting info. Marco Massarutto was asked on FB if they'd ever consider putting in a bid for the F1 licence, Marco replied that they had already gave it a thought and punched in the numbers. Ultimately to make a return in the investment the physics would have to be dumbed down to be accessible to a wider audience. It's a shame they can't just get the license cheap with the agreement that they can't sell it as an F1 game. Basically just have access to F1 content so us simmers can have more authentic F1 physics.

Last edited:
Thought i should mention this interesting info. Marco Massarutto was asked on FB if they'd ever consider putting in a bid for the F1 licence, Marco replied that they had already gave it a thought and punched in the numbers. Ultimately to make a return in the investment the physics would have to be dumbed down to be accessible to a wider audience. It's a shame they can't just get the license cheap with the agreement that they can't sell it as an F1 game. Basically just have access to F1 content so us simmers can have more authentic F1 physics.

That makes no sense considering how intuitive the F1 cars feel with AC physics compared to those found in the official F1 games. That said, I hope AC never obtains an official series license. It could very well make the game feel fluffy. Maybe that's what Marco was getting at between the lines.

During the Summer Stream (1:47:07), Marco said It was in "low development" so I'm still hoping.
Hope so too.

That makes no sense considering how intuitive the F1 cars feel with AC physics compared to those found in the official F1 games. That said, I hope AC never obtains an official series license. It could very well make the game feel fluffy. Maybe that's what Marco was getting at between the lines.
He said they listed what they'd need to do to make it profitable. They were as follows- they needed an engine that could be used for a period of 5 years as to use assets like tracks, a dedicated team to the F1 licenced game ( they have other priorities too remember), the commitments to the F1 licence would be too risky and demanding for such a small dev. I'm no longer interested in a one series racing game like I was in the past anyway. Haven't bought an F1 game for at least 15 years.

Agreed.

Let's bring on some classic cars from the Eastern Bloc: the Škoda 110 R, GAZ-24 Volga...maybe a Lada Niva? Adding the Yugo to the list would make for the bestest DLC packs eva! :P :D

Back