Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Agreed.

Let's bring on some classic cars from the Eastern Bloc: the Škoda 110 R, GAZ-24 Volga...maybe a Lada Niva? Adding the Yugo to the list would make for the bestest DLC packs eva! :P :D
And don't forget the Trabant. Also available in Rally version

Agreed.

Let's bring on some classic cars from the Eastern Bloc: the Škoda 110 R, GAZ-24 Volga...maybe a Lada Niva? Adding the Yugo to the list would make for the bestest DLC packs eva! :P :D

And don't forget the Trabant. Also available in Rally version

Wow, wow, wow! I can barely contain myself, guys! Stop it with all of this hype, I don't want to lose control of my legs again and spend the next three weeks in a wheelchair. :P

So soon, really?

Yep, September 19th.

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 10.45.08 AM.png

Wow, I've been far too busy IRL to pay much attention to anything in the video-game world recently - I don't think I've so much as touched my game-rig in the past 3 months, but this!!!! I'll have to actually schedule some game-time into my life. My real love in RL motorsports and sims is the classics. Nearly everything I drive either way is either vintage, or has a vintage feel to it. And you know AC is going to have the "feel" of those cars so, so accurate. I'm pretty darn excited!

Last edited:

That's a bummer. His streams are usually really good. Especially when he does Q&A at the end with the knuckleheads on YouTube. I'm dying to drive that Ferrari 250 GTO in Assetto Corsa. That car and the Lamborghini Miura are probably my two favorite car designs in terms of pure sexiness. Man, I love the Miura so much.

Stage 1: He thinks that a Ferrari pack isn't necessary, as there are already quite a few Ferraris. He thinks they should look into some new licenses.

Stage 2: He sees a trailer for two of the cars included in the pack.

Stage 3: He leaves his wallet in the Kunos office with a note saying "it's open, take whatever you want. All I ask is for that Ferrari goodness."

At first I wasn't really excited about the 812 Superfast coming in the Ferrari Pack DLC. Suddenly, I have become intrigued by the ridiculous amount of HP produced by the 812 Superfast engine. It will probably never end up being a favorite of mine, but I'm sure the Aventador SV will enjoy having a new playmate. :D

Stage 1: He thinks that a Ferrari pack isn't necessary, as there are already quite a few Ferraris. He thinks they should look into some new licenses.

Stage 2: He sees a trailer for two of the cars included in the pack.

Stage 3: He leaves his wallet in the Kunos office with a note saying "it's open, take whatever you want. All I ask is for that Ferrari goodness."
Like this but with Kunos?
DuV7nDm.gif

- New Ferrari 250 GTO (Ferrari Anniversary Pack)
- New Ferrari (288) GTO (Ferrari Anniversary Pack)
- New Ferrari 312 F1-67 (Ferrari Anniversary Pack)
- New Ferrari 330 P4 (Ferrari Anniversary Pack)
- New Ferrari F2004 (Ferrari Anniversary Pack)
- New Ferrari 812 Superfast (Ferrari Anniversary Pack)
- New Ferrari SF70H (Ferrari Anniversary Pack)
- Templates for Ferrari 250 GTO, GTO, 312 F1-67, 330 P4 and 812 Superfast
- Official Kaspersky team livery added for Ferrari 488 GT3
- Updated template for Ferrari 488 GT3 (related to rear wing shape, it might affect a low % of mod skins)
- Alpinestars gloves are introduced in Porsche cars
- Fixed reflection issue on Corvette C7R skins
- Minor graphical and skin-related fixes across all content
- Updated Lotus 49 minimum weight
- Updated Mazda RX-7 Spirit R rear wing setup and aero figures
- Added automatic Force Feedback configuration for old wheels (ie MS Sidewinder)
- MODDING REQUEST: Added blanket temperature to tyres.ini under [ADDITIONAL1] BLANKETS_TEMP
- MODDING REQUEST: Added pressure vs temperature gain in tyres.ini. under [ADDITIONAL1] PRESSURE_TEMPERATURE_GAIN
- MODDING REQUEST: Added camber spread tweak value in tyres.ini under [ADDITIONAL1] CAMBER_TEMP_SPREAD_K (AC default is 1.4, higher numbers=more spread)
- MODDING REQUEST: Added new LUT based system to handle camber D variations. Example, (for every compound):
DCAMBER_LUT=(|-145=0.8|-15=0.9|-3=1.01|0=1|3=1.005|15=0.9|145=0.8|)
DCAMBER_LUT_SMOOTH=1
This will override DCAMBER_0/1 behavior (values still need to be there tho)
- MODDING REQUEST: Added explicit inertia instead of box based. Use
[EXPLICIT_INERTIA]
INERTIA=1300,1400,500
in car.ini
- Suspension travel is now recorded at 166Hz in telemetry
- Fixed AI not exiting pitlane at full speed in some cases
- Added "ABS" FF enhancement effect
- Added FF enhancement effects controls ingame in the "Force Feedback Controller" app
- Added track models ini checksum on server. In order to gain full protection from cheating the server needs to include kn5 files
- Added optional COMBINED_FACTOR value per compound. Thanks to Stereo & Jackson Papageorge (mclarenf1papa)!
- MODDING REQUEST: Added variable throttle response as function of RPM. Add:
[THROTTLE_RESPONSE]
RPM_REFERENCE=6000
LUT=throttle_max.lut

Why aren't we witnessing any excitement over the Ferrari pack here?

Meh? Just more cars that will get driven once or twice and then collect dust in the virtual garage for the most part.

C'mon, give us some feedback and shows us some videos. :D

They're not available yet, will probably land in about 2-3 hours.

If this is really true then -car lovers in SIM racing = do not exist.

Check back after you've been hot lapping random cars in AC for three years and see if your opinion has changed. :sly: Don't get me wrong, I love most of those cars and I'll take them all for a spin, they just don't really fit with my current sim racing desires and don't really fit with any of the current cars in the game. Plus there's an above average chance that after this week my AC time will be greatly reduced anyway.

I hear what you're saying Brandon. How much time can one spend on a racing sim each week? Even the hardcore among us (mostly single people) with gobs of free time, how many different cars are you going to drive in a 5 hour session? I'm a complete loser so I have tons of free time. ;) Still, if you want to get any meaningful driving in you need to spend a good amount of time with a car. 99.9% of my racing/track days are offline due to my health, so I just like to see totally random grids all the time. I'm sure the vast majority of people who like to race online with their friends will be jumping over to PCars 2 very quickly as pC2 is the new hotness, for sure. 18-24 months from now AC2 or another sim will be the flavor of the month and around and around we go.

Frankly, I think it's awesome that we have as many good sims as we do. I want PC2 to kick Assetto Corsa's butt. That gives Kunos something to shoot for when they go full time on AC2 development. Heck, 397 is promising good things with rF2 are coming...Let's all hope so! 👍

Back