Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
  • 1,089,867 views
You guys have any idea why this happen?
I've fiddling around for hours with the resolution, FOV, turned down many settings and details but it still looks like that:banghead:
Can someone help step by step on how to fix this?? :bowdown:
Bear in mind i'm completely new in pc gaming so if this a stupid question hope you guys understand (Also my english, if there's grammatical error hehe)
Cheers :cheers: !!

Edit: What is your monitor/pc spec?
 
Edit: What is your monitor/pc spec?


Hello mate, i know almost nothing about pc. VGA RAM etc i have no idea which is which (19 years being console player literally makes me blind about pc world) so i got my friend to do it for me (spec-ing up my pc) and we go to the computer store to build it together :boggled:
Maybe you can tell me have i been ripped off by him? Haha. I never ask anyone's opinion about my pc spec, because i thought to myself like he understands pc. So..
Anyway here's the list



And for the monitor i use an LG TV 32 inch full hd
photo.JPG



I've been trying everything from 1600 to 1920 and nothing changed :nervous:
 
Last edited:
That's a nice PC. :)

I think the issue is your TV. While they can be used for PC gaming are often far from adequate. Sometimes they report the wrong resolutions to the PC, which I think is the case here. What connection are you using? Try finding an option for "Just Scan" or "Overscan" or "Zoom" or something. Do you have a normal PC monitor to try with? If you're using HDMI try VGA (most(ish) TVs have it these days), or viceversa.

If your TV truly is Full HD then the correct resolution should be 1920x1080. Is this behavior only seen in AC, or does your Windows desktop also present issues?
 
New update is out. Not very juicy, was really expecting at least some MP enhancements, but oh well.

0.20
- New setting enables forms to overlap ingame
- Fix to some cars in showroom
- Fixed debug apps
- Improved log messages for easier debug
- Improvements in skybox rendering inside the cubemap
- Addedd penalty in time attack for going too slow
- Fixed Time Attack spawn position in some track
- Added Formula K car with open physics as a template car for modders (found inside folder sdk/dev)
- Added open tyre physics files from all AC cars (found inside folder sdk/dev/tyres_ac) as examples
- BMW Z4 GT3 performance balance (slightly faster)
- Corrected non working mirrors on Lotus Exige 240r
- Corrected non working mirrors on Lotus Exige S Roadster
- Corrected disappearing cockpit on M3 E92
- Corrected wrong proportions on Ferrari 458 mirrors
- Corrected internal glasses on lotus GTC and GX
- Fixed Python lap count
- Increased Setup bar animation speed
- Fixed error for laptimes > 99:59:999
- New Shared Memory Layout (update your application!) example on http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/shared-memory-reference.3352/
- Fixed non-ascii symbols on Setup Tab
- Fixed time left showed in Basic App during practice solo session
 
Car editor's finally here, time to start getting the Miata in game!

This is from Facebook:

Dear followers,

the new update of Assetto Corsa is available on Steam Early access: take advantage of the Steam sales and get the game in early access at 30% less of the full price. By the way, we wish to thank you for the great support you are giving to Assetto Corsa, this will let us improve the game more and more as we get closer to the final release.

New sounds in development!

Modern gamers are never happy: they want more. We are gamers too, so we know how you feel. While our programmers are working hard on improving AI and multiplayer code, we have some extra news that we are pretty sure you will like a lot. We try to be always honest with you, and we recognize that one of the areas where there is more room for improvement is the sound environment. When we conceived Assetto Corsa, we have designed its structure in order to make the job as easier as possible for modders, but in some way, this has affected our choices and how Assetto Corsa performs sound effects. We have decided to provide a huge enhancement to the sound experience in Assetto Corsa: the final version of the game will be powered by FMod: FMOD Studio is an audio content creation tool for games, with a focus on a ‘Pro Audio’ approach: it's used by Driveclub, Forza Motorsport 5 and other AAA racing titles and it's the perfect choice to give Assetto Corsa what it is still missing. This will require a great effort from our team in order to convert or reproduce from scratch the sound packages for each car, but the internal tests already underway, are very encouraging. We are sure that AC gamers will be enthusiastic about the final result and that alone, will worth the investment needed.

New graphics effects in development!

If the sfx department works hard, obviously the gfx department couldn’t stay behind, working on lot of improvements and optimizations on the graphics side: we won't go deeply in details for now, but at the end Assetto Corsa will provide a more immersive environment, post-processing effects, new shaders for cars and tracks, and more.

What's new

Now: what's new in the today's release? this version provides several fixes for current contents and features, and introduces the most waited AC editor feature, the car export, including the 3D pipeline documentation, a 3D driver template and a 3D geometry with hierarchies, to allow modders to start to create their models. We would like to remind you that the physics features set is not yet complete, and that the future changes to the audio engine will require new sound sets compatible with FMOD.

Coming soon...

Is it all? Not yet: we haven't mention new licenses for a while, but this does not mean that our licensing department is on vacation: do you remember the polls of this winter and the most voted cars? Well, we are ready to surprise you one more time. We don't want to bore you with too many news, so let's keep the secret a bit more..
 
Yeah baby! AC keeps getting better and better.

I can't wait for FMOD to be implemented. I really want to play this game in glorious 5.1. :dopey:
 
Soooo yeah. MP was broken by this update. Everyone's a ghost car.
 
IT WORKSSS ! 👍
It's nice to know that i'am not fooled by him haha

Yes it happen only to AC. I have R3E, F1 2013, and Shift 2 working just fine with the same settings but not for AC
I don't know, i press everything suddenly it works. I guess some fiddling in the display settings on properties does the job, but i don't know what. Because changing the screen adjustment on TV just make the display smaller but the game still way too zoomed.

Thanks for the help guys!!
Now i won't go out from my room for a while i guess :D
What is the reasonable settings? I turn many settings quite high and maxed most of the things except mirrors and smoke and got 60 FPS, is that acceptable? Or should i reduce some of the things and get 100-ish or more?

Hey what's the mod thing you're guys excited about? and where i can get the Nordschleife ?? I also seen some action on the famous Joux Plane and drifting action on mountain pass on youtube
I haven't signed up to assettocorsa.net though. Is that where it is?
 
Last edited:
IT WORKSSS ! 👍
It's nice to know that i'am not fooled by him haha

Yes it happen only to AC. I have R3E, F1 2013, and Shift 2 working just fine with the same settings but not for AC
I don't know, i press everything suddenly it works. I guess some fiddling in the display settings on properties does the job, but i don't know what. Because changing the screen adjustment on TV just make the display smaller but the game still way too zoomed.

Thanks for the help guys!!
Now i won't go out from my room for a while i guess :D
What is the reasonable settings? I turn many settings quite high and maxed most of the things except mirrors and smoke and got 60 FPS, is that acceptable? Or should i reduce some of the things and get 100-ish or more?

Hey what's the mod thing you're guys excited about? and where i can get the Nordschleife ?? I also seen some action on the famous Joux Plane and drifting action on mountain pass on youtube
I haven't signed up to assettocorsa.net though. Is that where it is?
Mine is capped at 60fps because of v-sync and it's perfect at that, I find. I have absolutely everything maxed and high AA, unless I have a few cars on the grid and I just bump down the cube mapping settings and AA so it can still maintain 60fps.

As for the mods, check out the Assetto Corsa section of RaceDepartment and you will see all the different tracks etc to download, and how to install them.
 
What is the reasonable settings? I turn many settings quite high and maxed most of the things except mirrors and smoke and got 60 FPS, is that acceptable? Or should i reduce some of the things and get 100-ish or more?
If you have a normal monitor with a refresh rate of 60Hz you can't see more than 60 frames anyway.
 
What is the sound status for AC? I though they were going to improve on them by now.

I have to tell you they are pretty awful.
 
What is the sound status for AC? I though they were going to improve on them by now.

I have to tell you they are pretty awful.

Some of the sounds are pretty much perfect (Lotus Elise, Exige, Pagani Huayra)
 
Some of the sounds are pretty much perfect (Lotus Elise, Exige, Pagani Huayra)

Hum. Sorry, they all sound whiny to me, very digitized and little low end. I quit playing GT5 mainly due to the sound and stupid penalties, I hope AC rectifies these two areas. Too gamy.
 
I like the sounds so far. Especially that XX EVO :)
 
Sound is pretty good in AC... I hate the sound in forza. After 10 mins it gets totally annoying. Ac does not support 5.1 yet maybe that's your problem.
 
I think the sound is fine overall. It could definitely improve though and hopefully it will.
 
Maybe Kunos' partnership with FMOD can improve the sound system?
 
FMOD will definitely improve the experience. Even now I don't think the overall sound is bad... It contributes to the overall sim experience, which IMHO is exciting to drive.
 
5.1 speakers, why?

Because it always depends on, what you're using to play. If you using crappy 30$ speakers or a gaming headset, I'll highly doubt you're getting the fullest out of the game.
 
Because it always depends on, what you're using to play. If you using crappy 30$ speakers or a gaming headset, I'll highly doubt you're getting the fullest out of the game.

I'm using the Logitech Z906. I tried in game in stereo, I watched videos; I know there is a pinch of subjectivity but sorry folks, AC's sounds awful. In fact I tried Niki Lauda's Ferrari again, the engine sound seemed worst than before. In the end all you need is to compare videos of the real deal vs AC's car sounds.

I am Italian, I desperately want AC to be great, succeed, but the sounds are just horrific, so is the penalty system. I suppose if you come from console games this is great stuff, coming for rFactor 1/2 this is horrible. No offense. I was looking for news in this area since I couldn't find much in their forums.
 
So it seems Alfa Romeo is now officially licensed!

"Assetto Corsa - Alfa Romeo officially revealed!

Alfa Romeo is one of the most popular brands in the world and it represents, as well as Ferrari, a symbol of the automotive history .
It is also one of the most wanted car brands for racing games: each time we announce a new license, Assetto Corsa enthusiasts ask us to include Alfa Romeo car models in the game.

As you might remember, in our recent poll we asked to gamers which car Brands they would like to get in Assetto Corsa in future: we did it with the aim to drive our investment decisions in the right way. Alfa Romeo has resulted as one of the most voted brands: so, we are very glad to announce that Alfa Romeo has been officially licensed for the racing game Assetto Corsa! In addition, at least one Alfa Romeo car model will be included in the 1.0 version of the game, we are pretty sure you will appreciate this addition, that will be provided for free.

We are pleased to announce that the three top-voted by the public have been confirmed for production, to delight of fans:

Alfa Romeo 4C
Alfa Romeo GTA
Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI

Other Alfa Romeo models will be unveiled soon. We'll be happy to share with our fans the making of this beatiful italian cars that will be reproduced with the maximum fidelity
in order to guarantee the best possible accuracy of physics and tactility of feeling.

We would like also thank all our active AC fans, who purchasing the game and sharing with us their feedback and suggestions, give us the energy and the resources we need to evolve and improve Assetto Corsa more than we ever imagined."

442ED69B-EBD4-403B-8E23-BA0086E8CB53_zpsbhz0tdxf.jpg

B38D9C28-F18D-419B-9D03-C764198DB400_zpso7ayrsfw.jpg

11666DC8-49F0-4AC8-9AF5-1D73AC01BB71_zpszqk6qnlt.jpg


Source:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=909767289049590&id=305504559475869

Great news, I adore these cars.
 
Last edited:
<---- OMG!!! (obvious Alfa fan)

See, this is why proper sounds are needed!!!

Please add the racing version of the GTV6!!!
 
How much does the Nürburgring DLC cost?
 
Nothing announced so far, as far as I know.
 
Back