Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,990 comments
Anyone else just randomly having problems with the lights on the RSS Ferrucio and Darche GT-N cars not working during a race? I don't seem to be having this issue on any other car in the game. Just making sure it's not a side effect of any recent CSP or Content Manager update.

It's been a busy few days... Porsche 968 Turbo S re-work: https://mega.nz/file/7t1FXDyS#28gT1Aj3h141Dbn--Ane5CrTslImdH_P8jhqX72WSmQ

Changes:
- Visually, numerous shader corrections and updates, for example making all windows transparent.
- Transplanting the frankly offensive wheels that came with the original model for those off the 993 Carrera from A3dr.
- Corrections/updates to pretty much all data, from dimensions/weight, to engine, power, drivetrain, ai, aero, tyres, suspension, handling, brakes and electronics. Car now tops out at around 175mph, lapping my test track somewhere between the E92 M3 and M4 BMWs (it's a short course where the low weight of the Porsche gives an advantage).
- Added LODs, more paint options and changed the sound to something more fitting.
- Original credit to Lu Thua Kien and Dragster666 for bringing the car to AC. Considering they animated the headlights, wipers and doors/bonnet/boot, the car in its current state is actually pretty good now.

94496071_10103825235925338_403849456945987584_o.jpg
Wonderful. I was hoping someone would tackle this one, please continue with additional updates. Perhaps it's just my settings but some of the interior textures seem too glossy, especially the steeering wheel...

It's been a busy few days... Porsche 968 Turbo S re-work: https://mega.nz/file/7t1FXDyS#28gT1Aj3h141Dbn--Ane5CrTslImdH_P8jhqX72WSmQ

Changes:
- Visually, numerous shader corrections and updates, for example making all windows transparent.
- Transplanting the frankly offensive wheels that came with the original model for those off the 993 Carrera from A3dr.
- Corrections/updates to pretty much all data, from dimensions/weight, to engine, power, drivetrain, ai, aero, tyres, suspension, handling, brakes and electronics. Car now tops out at around 175mph, lapping my test track somewhere between the E92 M3 and M4 BMWs (it's a short course where the low weight of the Porsche gives an advantage).
- Added LODs, more paint options and changed the sound to something more fitting.
- Original credit to Lu Thua Kien and Dragster666 for bringing the car to AC. Considering they animated the headlights, wipers and doors/bonnet/boot, the car in its current state is actually pretty good now.

Whoah. Super-spooky. I was just catching up on the thread and saw your VX220 update, and thought I must drop you a PM to see if you fancy attacking the 968 Turbo. I turn the page and there the bastard is in all its glory. Thanks man, can't wait to try it. The state is was left in before was borderline criminal.

Anyone else just randomly having problems with the lights on the RSS Ferrucio and Darche GT-N cars not working during a race? I don't seem to be having this issue on any other car in the game. Just making sure it's not a side effect of any recent CSP or Content Manager update.

Tried switching my CSP version to the latest stable release (0.1.46) and even deleted/reinstalled the RSS GT-N pack. No effect.

Vauxhall VX220 pack update: https://mega.nz/file/3hsDEIJS#G7oFW6FgRUEnw2WNYJpvyn0V00HeQEHD-9th-KytNaw

Changes:
- Basically a whole new model, ham fistedly stitched together from the original model I used and the one a while back from Henri Amazir so that the VXT is pretty much accurate now, with darkened light clusters, spoiler and correct wheels, VXR the same but with black bits and the NA with removed turbo badge, front and rear spoilers and light clusters lightened. Most importantly, the wheels no longer look rubbish and the tyres aren't 300mm wide.
- Most shaders, paint, cameras, UI, LODs and other stuff fixed or improved.
- Engine data, torque/power curves, drivetrain, dimensions, aerodynamics, gearing, brakes, electronics and AI corrected
- Semislick tyre option for the standard VX and VXT in line with the fact that pretty much all Kunos cars get semislick tyre options
- Folder names tidied (won't replace the originals for those that have them if you want to compare for whatever reason)

93618074_10103825077862098_7945365485267189760_o.jpg

I just drove the turbo model around Modena for a few laps. Overall I think it's pretty good for a street version.

My sim system features a Logitech Z906 7.1 audio system.

I like the audio of the turbo version and that the rear channel is used quite a lot, especially for the engine and turbo sounds.

The only critical things I can find with the audio is that there's a strange, very pronounced "thump" when you re-engage the clutch, and the higher engine audio sounds a little "buzzy."

Installed the new Sol today, the alfa 1.6.. And I don't know of it's because I deleted the entire sol folder in extension folder per install instructions (did it the first time I belive since first installing SOL), or it is really so much better optimised than before. I gained 15-20 fps, and totally lost occasional stutters I had before once every few minutes. I did put clouds on 2 in new performance option on page 6 of the config. But other than that, running it stock settings as before. Even the pp filters seem to look better. Apparently Bose did really do some serious optimisations. If you just look at the size of the downloaded zip, it was well over 100mb before and now it's only 22 I think.

I did have to upgrade CSP to latest 1.52, cause I had red sky on 1.46. Very impressed.

Changes:

Ran a few laps around Willow Springs and it's like a totally different car to the one that was released then abandoned.
I can't really tell how it looks in 2D (yep - Rift still borked) but it's an obvious improvement.
I can put the Rift on my head and use it like TrackIR, using my monitor to see so could have half a look (in 2D) around the cockpit and the only things I spotted that might need attention were the alpha channel around the steering wheel badge and purple nasties around the ignition key.

Screenshot_ltk_porsche_968_gib_willow_springs_19-4-120-19-20-6.jpg

Externally (much easier to view in 2D) it looks superb. The pop-up light casings (the 'shells') should ideally be body-coloured, not universally black - don't know if this is an easy update or not?
Thanks again for the updates, can't wait to experience it properly in VR.
2D, 4k or not, truly sucks Satan's ass.

Fancy tackling the Turbo RS..? ;)

Does anyone have the upgraded version of ACF's Salvador track? I have the one with 17 pits, but as far as I know there is one with more than 20. I wanted to extend the number of pits on this track, but I would prefer to do it for that upgraded version.

Cheers to all few noob questions.If somone has time to help.
1.Why on some cars I cannot edit the gear ratios in drivetrain.ini?I tried to pack data with CM but still on some mods no metter what I do gears stay the same.Also I want to make some cars with 5 gears to have 6 gears and it sometimes work but sometimes not?
2.What part of tyres.ini adjust when and how fast will tyres loose grip?I wanna make tyres to have less grip and to slowly start to loose it.
3.Also one of the cars has some wierd texture on windscreen is it hard to remove it is it possible with CM?Simillar to GMP NSX NA2.(I found a fix for that one here)
Thanks to all and stay good.
Make sure you rename or get rid of data.acd for cahnges to take place. Tyres.ini don't work like that. There isn't a "one setting makes it all better".

How do I have to name the cones to be cones and not go through the cars?
They have to be made separate objects. Best thing you can do is look at a circuit that has those already and emulate.

It's cool, one day I will have my Scala in AC. Beers-a-plenty for whoever finally gets a mk2 Scirocco in game :cheers:
Technically it could happen. You fing the model from GT Legends and I'll hook it up. LOL
You then have to send me cases <---- plural, of beer.
duckie.001.gif
scirocco-1-004gr1r.jpg

(Edit: whoops, is this a MK1?)
emot-stare.gif

The MKII has the square headlights?
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Technically it could happen. You fing the model from GT Legends and I'll hook it up. LOL
duckie.001.gif
scirocco-1-004gr1r.jpg

emot-stare.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

That bottom one is pretty much what my Scala looked like...different wheels but same colour.

hello guys, id really apreaciate some help here. Im trying to import an fbx i made and exported in blender but it simply wont work. :(
If i import a stock AC track into blender and export it as FBX it works but not with my own model.
thanks
2020-04-19 (4).png

2020-04-19 (3).png

Skin for monaco "faux" 72
made it for my personal usage, but may be someone else could enjoy it, so i share it, skin without pretention

Just some environemental changes

-Till a child, i remind at every GP in monte carlo of the "darkness" of the tunnel, i find old footage where you can see how dark it was, so i adjust the luminosity of the texture in the tunnel to be closer to reality.

-Remind also of the drivers complaining about the brightness of the tarmac not only when there was a lot of sun but also when they were clouds and "grey" weather, so i change the brightness of the asphalt to match the reality, i really love the new texture introduce with this monaco faux 72 so only change brightness.

-change the branchs of pines, less bright to match the luminosity of the trunk
-change the luminosity of the sea also to be closer to the actual one
-some other little things

Thanks a lot for this new version of monaco, i never play the 1966 one, i discover this one, and it s really awesome, got a lot of fun, really! a great thank you, you catch the magic of my childhood, thanks!

I play with the lotus 72d, and i got a lot of fun, do you think of others cars that could be fun too?

Edit 20 april 2020: update the file, change other things:
grass, boat color, side of the track, pavement, increase vibrance of some color, remove some yellow tint or sepia tone for a more natural color overhaul

Last edited:
Installed the new Sol today, the alfa 1.6.. And I don't know of it's because I deleted the entire sol folder in extension folder per install instructions (did it the first time I belive since first installing SOL), or it is really so much better optimised than before. I gained 15-20 fps, and totally lost occasional stutters I had before once every few minutes. I did put clouds on 2 in new performance option on page 6 of the config. But other than that, running it stock settings as before. Even the pp filters seem to look better. Apparently Bose did really do some serious optimisations. If you just look at the size of the downloaded zip, it was well over 100mb before and now it's only 22 I think.

I did have to upgrade CSP to latest 1.52, cause I had red sky on 1.46. Very impressed.
Thanks for your convincing words! Yesterday I was a bit 'afraid' to install the 1.6Alpha release after reading some comments on Peter Boese's Discord channel. I just DID it!!
I can confirm the occasional stuttering is gone. It did not improve my average FPS though. Still around 45-50FPS at Willow Springs against 13 AI.

Ok it doesn't make me faster but this track at sunrise with the new 1.6Sol Alpha is one of the best, maybe the best looking race sim.
With the knowledge that Peter wrote that this version shows about 10% of its capabilities :dunce:.

If you like it you can watch another three lap quick race at Willow Springs in the appropriate AC video thread: here

Changes:

Took another look and certainly agree with @Masscot's comments about how much better you've made it. And it's great to pop open the engine bay to take a peek at the cool engine model. While taking a deeper dive I noticed that you enlarged and corrected the collider to make it much closer to the actual dimensions but neglected to reposition the fuel tank. It's currently in the front around where the radiator should be. I imagine that if you move it back to the rear that should help improve a bit of the understeer it currently has. Look forward to your future updates.

Make sure you rename or get rid of data.acd for cahnges to take place. Tyres.ini don't work like that. There isn't a "one setting makes it all better".

They have to be made separate objects. Best thing you can do is look at a circuit that has those already and emulate.

duckie.001.gif
scirocco-1-004gr1r.jpg

emot-stare.gif

maxresdefault.jpg
Found this Mk 1 GT Legends on Race Department. (dated 2018). Is there enough there for you to work with? Would love to have a good Scirocco in AC.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/vw-scirocco-mk1-v1_01-by-customs-compagneros.21699/

Need some testers for this SCCA Ford Spec Racer. Following the nice updates to some SCCA stuff here. Maybe someone who drove the original that's on Race Department (Or, you know, in real life too) but anyone can give it a go.
The original as you well know to say it lightly, was wilder then a two legged pig trying to cross a frozen pond. I have it somewhere where it can be driven with pleasure and thrown around a little bit. You have to warm the tires up though or else the rear end is going to go loose. And it takes a lap or two because these things don't weigh anything. Warm the tires first.
This is a good example of where actual real world data doesn't necessarily transfer right into AC well because this guy did his homework and all the values in here were calculated for the most part. I don't want to see the car not used. It's a fair model, not super but usable.
View attachment 912252

It's much, MUCH faster than the earlier car, far more than the handful of extra hp would indicate. Like 8 sec/lap at Brands, which is a ton. Could be the oversize tires - 215-15s vs the spec 205-15s, as per this spectacular video:
On the whole, it's a HUGE improvement in stability, control, cockpit load and performance. My only concern is that I will encounter a checksum mismatch and be kicked from online races. But nonetheless a stunning upgrade.

Found this Mk 1 GT Legends on Race Department. (dated 2018). Is there enough there for you to work with? Would love to have a good Scirocco in AC.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/vw-scirocco-mk1-v1_01-by-customs-compagneros.21699/
Will do. Thanks for the link!

It's much, MUCH faster than the earlier car, far more than the handful of extra hp would indicate. Like 8 sec/lap at Brands, which is a ton. Could be the oversize tires - 215-15s vs the spec 205-15s, as per this spectacular video:
On the whole, it's a HUGE improvement in stability, control, cockpit load and performance. My only concern is that I will encounter a checksum mismatch and be kicked from online races. But nonetheless a stunning upgrade.

Hey thanks! It's a different folder structure and so it's a complete different install from the original. Just pass it along to everyone on there though if that's what you'd like.

I think I'm going to do a couple things with it. It should possibly have an adjustable final. ? I don't know. Or lengthen the existing one by a bit. I was getting somewhere around 115mph before limiter. Could up that to 130.
Might make a second data.acd with an extra 70 or so HP. That would make for some more white knuckle runs. I'm not sure about just duplicating the whole car, is it too many skins? Would you rather swap out a data.acd file or just have a whole different car? It's already 300+ megs uncompressed for all those skins.

To which track would you like to add pits? I am currently adding pit boxes to multiple tracks and I will release them here (I am a little bit late, but I will do that, eventually), so there is a chance I already added some pits to the track you wanted.
Hi, sorry for not answering, I want more pits for Top Gear track because my team will hold a Drag Wars event with lots of people, I would be really glad if you help me

Will do. Thanks for the link!

Hey thanks! It's a different folder structure and so it's a complete different install from the original. Just pass it along to everyone on there though if that's what you'd like.

I think I'm going to do a couple things with it. It should possibly have an adjustable final. ? I don't know. Or lengthen the existing one by a bit. I was getting somewhere around 115mph before limiter. Could up that to 130.
Might make a second data.acd with an extra 70 or so HP. That would make for some more white knuckle runs. I'm not sure about just duplicating the whole car, is it too many skins? Would you rather swap out a data.acd file or just have a whole different car? It's already 300+ megs uncompressed for all those skins.

I'd rather have a whole separate car (because I intend to keep the original for online racing). Three hundred meg these days is a pffle. An adjustable final drive would be nice, but you're drifting away from the idea of a spec racer. Why not a turbo option or a Chevy Rat motor?

Oh, I forgot to post my (10-lap) Brands setup. Please let me know what you think it needs.

Attachments

• Brands_04-19-2020.txt
    711 bytes · Views: 15
I've been trying to fix these RSS GT-N lights for half a day now and no luck on anything. Nobody has offered any suggestions on what to do, nothing in the files that I've changed have any affect, nothing I've changed on or off in the CSP menu has changed anything and haven't found any other cars with this issue either. Seriously, somebody please respond before I go crazy. Can someone here at least drive either of the cars and check it out for themselves?

Given that both GT-N cars are affected, I'm convinced this issue is related and isolated to this car pack for some reason. The Bayro and RSS GT packs have no issues either with the lights.

Tried switching my CSP version to the latest stable release (0.1.46) and even deleted/reinstalled the RSS GT-N pack. No effect.

I've been trying to fix these RSS GT-N lights for half a day now and no luck on anything. Nobody has offered any suggestions on what to do, nothing in the files that I've changed have any affect, nothing I've changed on or off in the CSP menu has changed anything and haven't found any other cars with this issue either. Seriously, somebody please respond before I go crazy. Can someone here at least drive either of the cars and check it out for themselves?

Given that both GT-N cars are affected, I'm convinced this issue is related and isolated to this car pack for some reason. The Bayro and RSS GT packs have no issues either with the lights.

Latest everything here...no issues with these car lights:

Attachments

• n_GT.png
    n_GT.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 30
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back