Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,074 comments
I've been on hiatus for few days, got busy updating some outdated/broken mods.

Managed to get my hands on Audi's LMP1s from 2009 to 2016 (excluding 2014), managed to make a lot of progress and had a lot of fun working on them this week, but it's far from being done yet.

I just finished updating smallblockhero's Sunbeam Tiger MkII (FH3) from Assettoland. Found some glaring issues like incorrect power/torque output, fuel capacity, tyres and tachometer to name a few.

Feel free to give some feedback so i can further improve it in the future.

DOWNLOAD

sunbeam_tiger_mkii-jpg.922786

• Fixed tachometer.
  • Changed name to Sunbeam Tiger Mk II.
  • Updated description.
  • Changed tags:
    • Old: "#Vintage Supercars","rwd","manual","lightweight","vintage","race","usa"
    • New: "#Vintage","rwd","manual","street","great britain","v8","vintage","lightweight"
  • Updated power graph.
  • Repositioned wings.
  • Adjusted drag coefficient.
  • Changed class to "street" from "race".
  • Changed country to Great Britain from USA.
  • Repositioned cameras.
  • Repositioned fuel tank:
    • Old: 0.000,-0.072,-1.387
    • New: 0.000,-0.100,-1.700
  • Updated ground collider.
    • Position: "0.00,-0.27,-0.02" from "0.00,-0.18,-0.15"
    • Size: "1.35,0.05,1.40" from "1.5,0.119,3.50"
  • Updated gear ratios:
    • Reverse: "2.32" from "2.53"
    • 1st: "2.32" from "2.78"
    • 2nd: "1.69" from "1.93"
    • 3rd: "1.29" from "1.48"
    • Final: "2.88" from "3.10"
  • Added adjustable gear ratios:
    • 1st: 2.78, 2.32
    • 2nd: 1.93, 1.69
    • 3rd: 1.36, 1.29
    • 4th: 1.00
  • Changed adjustable final drive ratios:
    • Removed: 3.60, 3.25, 3.10, 2.91, 2.70
    • Added: 3.31, 3.23, 3.07, 2.88
  • Updated suspension.
  • Changed rear suspension type to solid axle from double wishbone.
  • Changed weight distribution to 51/49 from 50/50.
  • Driver's suit color now changes depending on car's color.
  • Decreased max fuel capacity (L) to 51 from 159.
  • Decreased min fuel capacity (L) to 51 from 80.
  • Decreased low fuel warning value (L) to 5 from 3.
  • Changed fuel consumption rate to 0.0038 from 0.0085.
  • Decreased power output at wheels to 140 hp @ 4,400 rpm from 260 hp @ 5,000 rpm (15% transmission loss from 165 hp).
  • Decreased torque output at wheels to 295 Nm @ 2,400 rpm from 370 Nm @ 5,000 rpm (15% transmission loss from 348 Nm).
  • Decreased redline (rpm) to 5,000 from 6,500.
  • Decreased overrev damage threshold (rpm) to 5,500 from 6,850.
  • Decreased idle (rpm) to 700 from 900.
  • Increased curb weight (Kg) to 1,160 from 1,000.
  • Increased total mass (Kg) to 1,235 from 1,120.
  • Changed ground collider:
    • Position: "0.00,-0.18,-0.02" from "0.00,-0.18,-0.15".
    • Dimension: "1.35,0.05,1.40" from "1.50,0.119,3.50".
  • Decreased AI/Autoshift values to 4,500/3,000 from 6,150/3,900.
  • Updated tyre version to v10 from v7.
  • Updated tyre:
    • Removed: street, semislicks
    • Added: Vintage 60s

EDIT: I'm now digging through alekabul's LOD tutorial at RD, so hopefully in the future, i can give you an array of optimized mods. The tutorial is pretty easy to learn.

There is only 1 headlight / taillight lit up on this car, maybe you want to fix it as well?

ACF was the guy that hid his tracks behind a p2p program a coupla months ago, right ? So much effort for such a.... Rather disappointing job. The GT tracks don't even look like that in GT. Oh well.
He improved existing tracks that were all in a pretty bad initial state, he didn't create them himself.
You can't polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter, and all of ACF's updates are big improvements compared to the originals. He performed a vital service and provided a solid platform for further improvements by others like @slider666.
I hope he returns and brings his NFS Shift London track with him.

Are you by chance running the car alongside a modded car that might have references to the lambo inside its GUIDs.txt in the modded car's sfx folder?

Some mods GUIDs.txt files are an ungodly mess and it has occasionally caused a car within my field to not make sound if it is eroneously mentioned within another car's GUIDs.txt.

For this reason I once spent an hour or two manually going through every single mod car I have to make sure all unneccessary lines were removed from their GUIDs file. This was not much of a fun task.

This is very interesting, thanks for the info. When viewing a replay, I always wondered why certain cars didn't make any sound. Would it be possible to provide an example of an easy cleanup you had to do to a messed up GUID file? Is it as simple as making sure that the file only contains the name of the vehicle itself and deleting any reference (s) to any other vehicles?

Clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Lilski made a "stock car 90" it sound great, the interior is well maded, sound great and seems really accurate in term of physic, is someone know where to find it please?

I think is the one used on NAGP. LilSki as far as i know help them with the tracks, or at least is part of the forum. I'm sure is available on NAGP but if i don't remember bad is password protected archive. Just ask him on YT ;)

Or there must be something in my end (maybe the track), or the Velo's Gallardo GT2 got mad.
This happened right after the start.
dr1i.jpg
u1ba.jpg
2ofi.jpg
5fze.jpg

Edit: tried another track, the AI continues mad and jumping all around. :boggled::D

Velo's launch a 1,1 version with dashboard fix and AI fix aswell. Thank you. 👍

Maybe I'm being dumb, as I am not a modder, but, usually a modder doesn't test the cars before provide them?
I mean, it is not need to test a 40 cars driving at the same time, but at least 2 or 3 to watch the behavior, even more , if the mod has an AI.ini file.
Just my thoughts. :cheers:

Cheers.

I think is the one used on NAGP. LilSki as far as i know help them with the tracks, or at least is part of the forum. I'm sure is available on NAGP but if i don't remember bad is password protected archive. Just ask him on YT ;)
That's the case, his car is available for download there, but like you said it's password protected :/
So sad

Last edited:
Did some work on this car yesterday. It's a 1957 Maserati 300s. The model has been kicking about for a long time as I found it with V2 tyres fitted.

Updated shaders
Fixed opaque windshield and lights
Fixed broken mirror
Made new normal maps where necessary
Added flames to exhausts
New V10 tyres made and fitted
Other stuff that I've forgotten about

https://mega.nz/file/yJYkjQJA#vYYGdjq-c66qZDKZh0stm8I_2MNC_nzshsk26UhNURg

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1590158128.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1590158128.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 86
  • __custom_showroom_1590158105.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1590158105.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Did some work on this car yesterday. It's a 1957 Maserati 300s. The model has been kicking about for a long time as I found it with V2 tyres fitted.

Updated shaders
Fixed broken mirror
Added flames to exhausts

https://mega.nz/file/PZIQ0QaI#kJ70NEf_8XwA56EgZgn1gpIz5i0r8LRowjKIRtubXN4
Thanks - do you know the driver doesn't move his arms at all? He seems to be missing a steering animation.

Thanks - do you know the driver doesn't move his arms at all? He seems to be missing a steering animation.

No I didn't notice as I always have driver arms switched off. Animations are above my paygrade I'm afraid. Isn't it possible to copy and paste those animations from a similar car? I think I read that somewhere here.

I've updated the car. Steering animations included, can't get the shifter animations to work for some reason though. The driver model is a also bit too fat for this car.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for my serial key for the content manager.I donated last weekend.
To whom can I get in contact to sort that out?
Be sure to double check your email spam folder. Otherwise Paypal receipt about your donation contains receiver email address. Use this one.
Don't forget to add Paypal transaction ID in your email.

Updated shaders
Fixed broken mirror
Added flames to exhausts

https://mega.nz/file/PZIQ0QaI#kJ70NEf_8XwA56EgZgn1gpIz5i0r8LRowjKIRtubXN4

Thank you for your improvments.
The driver hands don't move like the original mod.
Even with the tires update. the car lose the rear end in corners very easely. just like the original aswell.
Even though, I will bin the original and keep yours.

Thanks for your new stuff, I really appreciate. :cheers:

Lilski made a "stock car 90" it sound great, the interior is well maded, sound great and seems really accurate in term of physic, is someone know where to find it please?

This is the video text:

"Quick 15 lap race against the AI. With all the excitement around the iRacing North Wilkeboro release I figured I would spend some time on mine. Remember I am modeling it as 1996 so things will look a bit different to the iRacing version from 1987. I have been tweaking the AI as best I can get get around an oval. Overall they aren't the worst ever but for sure not the best either. Just about done with the actual track and will be time to move onto the various objects around the property. I will of course detail all major points in my tutorial series. Also reminder the car is a private conversion and not available for download."

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back