Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,062 comments
Due to the recent E-series on youtube, featuring several of the V8 Supercars drivers, racing on iracing round mount panorama, wouldn't something have been said in the video if it was incorrect?

Is it present in GT Sport? Because that was lazer scanned as well wasn't it?

Funny you should mention this...there has been great debating going on about this in private since this conversion was done...all the research I can find says it was a Lazer scanned track...I'm inclined to think it's pretty accurate...a lot of guys who raced it I iracing were very adamant this rise is incorrect...i personally never tried the iracing version...only the fairly inaccurate rfactor2 version (the one ported to AC)...

Anyway since then the ACC version came out...and I have driven both back to back to back again and again...I gotta say...and I may be wrong...but to me they are almost identical with that very same rise present in both ...I'm not rulling it out...I will just need more convincing before I alter what is supposed to be accurate

Ps just so you know...the general consensus is split about 60/40 in favour for it being right as it is (this is only my ruff estimate on numbers of opinions)

But please go for it...I'm willing to be convinced other wise
at the 3 minute mark
at the 4 minute mark

that large rise just doesn't seem to be their.

It is very good indeed.
I think Mitja is planning on releasing the proper branding, sponsors etc for free in a separate download. He's obviously done them, they were in all the preview shots and videos.

yeah completely forgot that He had the proper sponsorship on his vids , well I’m going to give a good go later once I’ve got the feral children in bed !

If I uploaded this, would any of you guys download it? A fictional Indycar livery for a fictional team. Despite being fictional and running Nissan as an engine supplier, I tried to make this livery something that wouldn't look out of place in an Indycar grid. Been debating on posting this to RaceDepartment but I don't know if anyone else would want it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_indianapolis_2013_23-4-120-1-46-33-accum.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_indianapolis_2013_23-4-120-1-46-33-accum.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_indianapolis_2013_23-4-120-1-44-7-accum.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_indianapolis_2013_23-4-120-1-44-7-accum.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_lilski_road_america_23-4-120-1-35-42-accum.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_lilski_road_america_23-4-120-1-35-42-accum.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_acu_autosport_speedway_23-5-120-0-55-8_accumulation.png
    Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_acu_autosport_speedway_23-5-120-0-55-8_accumulation.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_lilski_watkins_glen_22-5-120-18-40-10_accumulation.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_lilski_watkins_glen_22-5-120-18-40-10_accumulation.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_lilski_watkins_glen_22-5-120-18-40-1_accumulation.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_lilski_watkins_glen_22-5-120-18-40-1_accumulation.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_lilski_watkins_glen_22-5-120-18-38-17_accumulation.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_lilski_watkins_glen_22-5-120-18-38-17_accumulation.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_indianapolis_2013_22-5-120-18-22-37_accumulation.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_indianapolis_2013_22-5-120-18-22-37_accumulation.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_indianapolis_2013_22-5-120-18-21-34_accumulation.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_indianapolis_2013_22-5-120-18-21-34_accumulation.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_indianapolis_2013_22-5-120-18-21-17_accumulation.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_indianapolis_2013_22-5-120-18-21-17_accumulation.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_indianapolis_2013_22-5-120-18-20-28_accumulation.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_indianapolis_2013_22-5-120-18-20-28_accumulation.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_vrc_southstar_23-4-120-2-0-37-accum.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_vrc_southstar_23-4-120-2-0-37-accum.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_indianapolis_2013_23-4-120-1-47-1-accum.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_oval_indianapolis_2013_23-4-120-1-47-1-accum.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 28
If I uploaded this, would any of you guys download it? A fictional Indycar livery for a fictional team. Despite being fictional and running Nissan as an engine supplier, I tried to make this livery something that wouldn't look out of place in an Indycar grid. Been debating on posting this to RaceDepartment but I don't know if anyone else would want it.

Never be adraid tae share something as cool as this mate. Looks mint.

Not sure if that gets updated as quick as the facebook page. Same people.
If it's the same tracks as the facebook page, i have try all of them (a lot) and for me the best oval is the new Phoenix one (i have made a skin for it if someone is interested), based on the layout itself, the appearence and atmosphere, surrounding of the track, are races on it interesting? etc
Bristol
Then: Wilkesboro, Martinville and Newhampshire, but not the same level of the Phoenix's one.

Here is a onboard, point of interest is at 1.08 and at 3.20 using gt sport as a reference

Ok so I have not driven GT sports version...so it's quite hard for me to be sure...though the rise looks like its there to me...I'm not ******** on your opinion I promise...it's just what I see...I also checked the footage you posted before. The bike footage is really almost impossible to tell..from the high up angle...but it defo still rises...

The other onboard is to wide angle.. notorious for flattening elevation...

Gotta be honest I'm using ACC as my bench mark..as it is the closest I can get to match cameras with AC (ie field of view etc)...I'm still not convinced

I promise I'm not shutting you down...and your not alone in your opinion..but your opinion isn't exclusive...there are others just as adamant it's right and correct

Last edited:
After an intense investigation on the web to find a great Nascar's car for AC, i think my quest finally come to an end, i really try a lot of cars, from facebook's page, assettoland and many, many more, i test all of them, and this one from Frito, is the one i prefer, really, really fun to drive :)

there is some nice skins for it on RD
And with this sound, for me the best V8 sound at the moment on AC, i know it's an old v8, but try it with this car, you will hear it screamed, it's raw power! ^^

On the new Daytona's track, and Daytona is made for Nascar isn't it?
Sonoma and Phoenix oval, really pure fun, enjoy! :)

View attachment 923286

Hope it could help you to save some precious time

Hey, i have added the car, skins and audio (and used the cole trickle livery) brilliant. thanks for posting this and bringing it to my attention.
I do have a question, Is there a specific tune needed for this car, i struggle to get away in frist gear, and second gear feels like it cant pull even if i redline 1st? Do you perhaps have a setup i could borrow for it? Thank again.

Hello, please forgive me if i am being ignorant here and i apologize in advance if i am, its sincerely not meant in such a way.

I checked the video link and you dont seem to provide any information about the mods you have used?
You dont link to where they come from, credit the developers/creators, mention what skins, cars, tracks etc you are using, settings, setups or grid presets etc are aloso not offered as a reason to click the link.

Would you consider adding this information to your videos, so others can recreate them with the relevant mods (much like other you-tubers do) otherwise (and again sincerely forgive me if i am being ignorant here, shouldn't this just be in the video sections as it contains absolutely no modding information at all?

Last edited:
Funny you should mention this...there has been great debating going on about this in private since this conversion was done...all the research I can find says it was a Lazer scanned track...I'm inclined to think it's pretty accurate...a lot of guys who raced it I iracing were very adamant this rise is incorrect...i personally never tried the iracing version...only the fairly inaccurate rfactor2 version (the one ported to AC)...

Anyway since then the ACC version came out...and I have driven both back to back to back again and again...I gotta say...and I may be wrong...but to me they are almost identical with that very same rise present in both ...I'm not rulling it out...I will just need more convincing before I alter what is supposed to be accurate

Ps just so you know...the general consensus is split about 60/40 in favour for it being right as it is (this is only my ruff estimate on numbers of opinions)

But please go for it...I'm willing to be convinced other wise

I am one of the people who has massively enjoyed your Bathurst rework since release and much prefer it over the other options we have in AC.
Personally I do not know Bathurst (have never actually driven there and havent had the chance to attend the track as a spectator (yet).

As I read from your post you have listened to the debate about the rise before Sulman park and I commend that you are open to improvements of the track.

Here is my 2 cents regarding this rise:
Running as close a comparison we can (using cars like the AMG GT3 or Porsche 991 GT3 R) and driving the ACC Bathurst and the FM7 Bathurst back to back the difference in the rise is very perceptible - the line you can take, the speed you can carry, the way you HAVE to lift in a different way in the FM7 version is quite obvious especially when "warming up" and really getting into consistent fast laps in ACC first and then hopping onto the AC FM7 version it is obvious looking at the the way you can approach this sector.

I think trying to line up visuals is a misleading approach especially as elevation changes are so very tricky and misleading to represent on a 2D screen and ESPECIALLY with the complete lack of g-forces acting on your body.

At best a comparison of telemetry data would be a better approach if looking for a data based comparison (driving and feeling what you just cannot do in the FM7 version which is perfectly safe in the ACC version is quite a good data point to go by.

Now the other input I get from people who have actually been to the track (both in an actual car and as spectators / marshals) I have been talking to have ADAMANTLY voiced that the rise in teh FM7 version unfortunately is VERY MUCH WRONG (that was indeed the level of their aversion to this one single track detail.

I have since unfortunately often times come into racing at Bathurst where the event hosts (Australians) have actually chosen to run the other (Racedepartment) Bathurst version (which has its very own issues with inaccuracies) as the hump in the FM7 version is just so wrong compared to what the track is like.
One local (who also works as a track marshal and is a die hard V8 supercar fan) insists that he refuses to drive the FM7 version as of the hump it is apparently that much.

It would be greatly appreciated by those who really know the track to make your release the very best release it can be for AC.

One last (quick) mention - this is often discussed hence I keep it short:
There is a VERY BIG window of what constitutes to be marketed as a "laser scanned track" and even with the most care and proper use of laser scan technology issues particularly when elevation changes are concerned a "laser scan labeled track" is not necessary the end all be all.
Particularly the capture of elevation changes is one point where laser scan technology falls short and often times has to be fed additional data points (ie lidar) and be cross referenced by driver input.

I can very well imagine that this particular hump could be such a borderline case where it is not accurately depicting the actual track detail.

I enjoy your track either way but this controversial hump unfortunately sours the experience as it always comes up as a talking point :-(

Ok so I have not driven GT sports version...so it's quite hard for me to be sure...though the rise looks like its there to me...I'm not ******** on your opinion I promise...it's just what I see...I also checked the footage you posted before. The bike footage is really almost impossible to tell..from the high up angle...but it defo still rises...

The other onboard is to wide angle.. notorious for flattening elevation...

Gotta be honest I'm using ACC as my bench mark..as it is the closest I can get to match cameras with AC (ie field of view etc)...I'm still not convinced

I promise I'm not shutting you down...and your not alone in your opinion..but your opinion isn't exclusive...there are others just as adamant it's right and correct

Hell. Anyone know Mark Skaifes phone number???? haha

Due to the recent E-series on youtube, featuring several of the V8 Supercars drivers, racing on iracing round mount panorama, wouldn't something have been said in the video if it was incorrect?
Is it present in GT Sport? Because that was lazer scanned as well wasn't it?
A bump on a track in GT Sport? Now that's funny. Inearly had milk coming out my ears. All their tracks are made out of glass and billiard tables. They will have none of that bump nonsense.

Hello, please forgive me if i am being ignorant here and i apologize in advance if i am, its sincerely not meant in such a way.

I checked the video link and you dont seem to provide any information about the mods you have used?
You dont link to where they come from, credit the developers/creators, mention what skins, cars, tracks etc you are using, settings, setups or grid presets etc are aloso not offered as a reason to click the link.

Would you consider adding this information to your videos, so others can recreate them with the relevant mods (much like other you-tubers do) otherwise (and again sincerely forgive me if i am being ignorant here, shouldn't this just be in the video sections as it contains absolutely no modding information at all?
No you're being spot on. A good way to look at is like this. If you post a picture or a video and the sole purpose is LOOK AT ME, this isn't the place for it. Take it someplace else. If you are posting a picture or a video to explain a problem or how to perform a task, (or something you've made, almost forgot that) this is most definitely the place for it.

I am one of the people who has massively enjoyed your Bathurst rework since release and much prefer it over the other options we have in AC.
Personally I do not know Bathurst (have never actually driven there and havent had the chance to attend the track as a spectator (yet).

As I read from your post you have listened to the debate about the rise before Sulman park and I commend that you are open to improvements of the track.

Here is my 2 cents regarding this rise:
Running as close a comparison we can (using cars like the AMG GT3 or Porsche 991 GT3 R) and driving the ACC Bathurst and the FM7 Bathurst back to back the difference in the rise is very perceptible - the line you can take, the speed you can carry, the way you HAVE to lift in a different way in the FM7 version is quite obvious especially when "warming up" and really getting into consistent fast laps in ACC first and then hopping onto the AC FM7 version it is obvious looking at the the way you can approach this sector.

I think trying to line up visuals is a misleading approach especially as elevation changes are so very tricky and misleading to represent on a 2D screen and ESPECIALLY with the complete lack of g-forces acting on your body.

At best a comparison of telemetry data would be a better approach if looking for a data based comparison (driving and feeling what you just cannot do in the FM7 version which is perfectly safe in the ACC version is quite a good data point to go by.

Now the other input I get from people who have actually been to the track (both in an actual car and as spectators / marshals) I have been talking to have ADAMANTLY voiced that the rise in teh FM7 version unfortunately is VERY MUCH WRONG (that was indeed the level of their aversion to this one single track detail.

I have since unfortunately often times come into racing at Bathurst where the event hosts (Australians) have actually chosen to run the other (Racedepartment) Bathurst version (which has its very own issues with inaccuracies) as the hump in the FM7 version is just so wrong compared to what the track is like.
One local (who also works as a track marshal and is a die hard V8 supercar fan) insists that he refuses to drive the FM7 version as of the hump it is apparently that much.

It would be greatly appreciated by those who really know the track to make your release the very best release it can be for AC.

One last (quick) mention - this is often discussed hence I keep it short:
There is a VERY BIG window of what constitutes to be marketed as a "laser scanned track" and even with the most care and proper use of laser scan technology issues particularly when elevation changes are concerned a "laser scan labeled track" is not necessary the end all be all.
Particularly the capture of elevation changes is one point where laser scan technology falls short and often times has to be fed additional data points (ie lidar) and be cross referenced by driver input.

I can very well imagine that this particular hump could be such a borderline case where it is not accurately depicting the actual track detail.

I enjoy your track either way but this controversial hump unfortunately sours the experience as it always comes up as a talking point :-(

Thanks for this....these are very well made points...I will take everything you have stated on board ..and look again at this for sure

It's tricky for me to know exactly what to adjust and by how much....if I do decide to go ahead...any more data..you could provide would certainly help....

That said I hope you can also concede to the point that the telemetry data may also be throwing us a red herring...both games have different physics engine's..AC being notoriously weird when cars become weightless...at say the top of a rise like this

Can you try to be more specific about what you think needs to happen to make this correct...it's seems from the debates I have had it's not the height of the elevation..but perhaps how sharply it comes on....is this your feeling too...

Can you see how this gets tricky..many people have different perceptions of what it is they think is wrong or right

Jim

edit - don't suppose anyone here has the actual lidar data available so I can cross reference...I can go digging and do the work myself...this is just a call out to perhaps save me some time

Last edited:

Though I understand wanting the links to mods featured in videos, there are some issues when a Youtube creator does this.

One is that many links expire, the mods are "moved" and the links change, or the modder or group that developed them disbanded or completely wiped themselves from existence (removed all their mods and Web site content) for one reason or another. Sometimes these modders receive a legal notice about a legitimate copyright claim, or they may be harassed by another modder or group. After this, they sometimes completely disappear from the Internet.

The other reason not to include links to mods featured in videos are possible copyright claims against the Youtube video itself, especially if a link is provided in the video or description. These complaints may be from a company or modding group that offers the same or similar content. It may be another modder that's upset that you're featuring someone else's work, or it could be from a group that produces paid mods. It could even come from a major software developer, car manufacturer, or track owners. Sometimes the claims may be legitimate, but sometimes they are simply malicious.

The video may be taken down by Youtube, and if the claim is serious enough, or Youtube receives several claims at once, it could place the whole Youtube channel in jeopardy. Youtube is often quick to remove content, as it's the "safest" thing for them to do. After this happens, getting everything reinstated can become a major hassle. Some Youtube creators that featured sim-racing content have either lost their accounts, or they decided to remove everything because of this "harassment."

For my videos, I will sometimes post a link to a paid mod from a reputable group like RSS, URC, etc, but as for other featured mods, if anyone asks, I make the recommendation that they join sharing groups or online forums like this one to find the mods. ...and of course you can use a search engine like Google, as I sometimes do myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to ask, ive look in discord without any success, so im asking the resident guru's here with a CSP question.
My problem is the heavy darkening of the windshield at night, its reducing to much vision for my liking, i know it wasn't always like that, so im guessing its an option in CSP somewhere..?
Could anyone help please.
too-dark.jpg

**Worked out my problem... its the track Deep Forest ..its only this dark on this track in the dark area's **

Last edited:
The Golf is from Darek, just search for the group "Darek's Car Mods - Assetto Corsa" on Facebook... It's a free mod, no need to ask for some e-mail stuff...

Didn't know it still exists and when I search it finds nothing.

Though, with these groups and free mods for everyone, bit ironic...you have to be in it and not share it outside.

yeah, if Dareks see's that you are a member of a group he doesn't like he bans you I've heard. cant find him either unfortunately :-/

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back